Morgan Stanley 2020 Sophomore SA Megathread

pare's picture

Didn't see any posts related to this topic, so wanted to create a thread where current freshman could discuss their recruiting efforts for Summer 2020. I applied for IB, GCM, and Quantitative Finance, what about you guys?

Comments (22)

Mar 14, 2019

applied to ib sa2020, got hirevue instantly, it was 2 behavioral questions took less than 2 min

"It is not our circumstance that controls us, but our thoughts that control our circumstance." -James Allen

Mar 14, 2019

That's awesome, could you PM me the questions possibly?

Mar 14, 2019

Be able to talk about a recent global event/deal that interests you and a time you had a problem

"It is not our circumstance that controls us, but our thoughts that control our circumstance." -James Allen

Mar 21, 2019

Could you please PM me the questions? Thank you!

Most Helpful
Mar 14, 2019

are you diversity?

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Mar 14, 2019

No I'm not, but I figured I'd apply anyways

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Mar 14, 2019

Wow applications are released really early. Is there any advantage to applying right now rather than later? Will we be hearing back sooner or is it the same timeline?

Mar 14, 2019

Well there's no advantage to applying late.. I always apply ASAP. If you have a network it doesn't matter when you applied for resume pushes. Earlier is always better unless you are still recruiting for this summer & could still add more meat to your resume

Mar 17, 2019

Is the Hirevue automatically given? I applied and never got one, but had a buddy who received one right away.

Mar 14, 2019

I feel like they're automatic, because I literally got it the second I submitted submit

Mar 19, 2019

Echoing this. I received one the second I applied. If you didn't get an email, check your application portal and it'll show action required.

Mar 19, 2019

its diversity only for sophomores(class of 2022). I talked to an MD and anyone non diversity doesnt make it past HR even with a push.

Mar 14, 2019

yea that's what i thought but the application is really easy so i just did it anyways because I thought it would at least show interest

Mar 14, 2019

MS might keep the file on hand if it passes the system screen. What's your GPA and do you go to a MS core school?

Mar 21, 2019

So do non-diversity people not even get a first-round phone interview? Or is it after that phone interview when non-diversity get dropped?

Mar 19, 2019

Does anyone know the questions for MS Equity Research and Fixed Income Research? Thx!