applied to ib sa2020, got hirevue instantly, it was 2 behavioral questions took less than 2 min

Well there's no advantage to applying late.. I always apply ASAP. If you have a network it doesn't matter when you applied for resume pushes. Earlier is always better unless you are still recruiting for this summer & could still add more meat to your resume

I was non-diversity but still got HireVue maybe they will take some non diversity?

ALso i feel like admission is rolling because i was only given 2 days to complete Hirevue

Also will they be more sympathetic to earlier applicants? I did not do that well on Hirevue and now everybody knows the questions so i feel kind of done for...

Array

I didn't know the questions going in. I also got tricked because I thought I was in practice mode but only realized partway in that I was in the actual interview so yeah lol rip MS.

Are there any other sophmore specific programs open yet? I know JPM opens in June Goldman is July (although that is basically a shot in the dark lol). Citi seems to be more leadership oriented so I"m not really sure If i have a chance or not.

Array

I don't think everyone gets them. I applied in March and just got the email today. It would seem pointless to wait 2 months to send me that email if it was just part of the application lol. Also the fact we all got it the same day should say something, unlike the Hirevue. Having said that i was certain i tanked the Hirevue part but guess not lol.

Array

Does anybody have any information regarding the steps for recruitment this year? Is it going to be Hirevue + Online Assesment -> Superday? Hirevue + Online Assesment -> Phone Screen -> Superday? If Anyone has any contacts who have information with regards to recruiting, it would be very helpful.

I completed the tests and don't feel as though I did super well. The situational judgement test had a lot of answers that were frankly horrible. Also, I was quit out of the switch challenge after reaching level 10 or 11 each time I did test even though time hadn't expired. Did anyone else have a similar experience? Feel free to PM me.

I actually thought the situational judgment was the easiest section didnt do well on the other 2 though I know some basic accounting but time crunch was still insane for numerical guessing I got 9-10 right. As for the logic one what is a good level? I got a level similar to you which I assumed wasn't that high kept missing the puzzles...

Array

quantgrunt:
I actually thought the situational judgment was the easiest section didnt do well on the other 2 though I know some basic accounting but time crunch was still insane for numerical guessing I got 9-10 right. As for the logic one what is a good level? I got a level similar to you which I assumed wasn't that high kept missing the puzzles...

I got to level 25 on the switch challenge. The numerical was a nightmare.

Can anybody else not see the link for the reasoning tests? I got the email and clicked into my application center but it just says thanks for submitting your online assessments with no prompt to actually complete them.

FlamingJay:
Can anybody else not see the link for the reasoning tests? I got the email and clicked into my application center but it just says thanks for submitting your online assessments with no prompt to actually complete them.

I thought the assessment was for only UK students? I couldn’t find any precedence for this. It was hirevue-> phone interview->superday?

Can anyone confirm their assessment questions? Mine were as follows;

1.Situational- answered a slew of instant messages from hypothetical bankers/ teammates. I did Fairly well and answered all questions pretty quickly.

1. Numerical- given 6 different financial documents that had to be individually opened to view information. 18 questions in 6 minutes. Got my ass kicked on this. Answered 10 of them and might have only got 2-3 right.

2. Switch challenge- the input of shapes is the output. This definitely test how well your brain can analyze things quickly. I got to level 24-25 on this. Not sure what a good number is.

Yeah that's what it was. I'm not sure the weighting of the sections which would be interesting to know. How did you get level 25 tho? That's like over 4 a minute... Is this your first time doing the puzzles or have you had similar experience before?

Array

quantgrunt:
Yeah that's what it was. I'm not sure the weighting of the sections which would be interesting to know. How did you get level 25 tho? That's like over 4 a minute... Is this your first time doing the puzzles or have you had similar experience before?

First time. I couldn’t even find anything online in terms of what the assessment consisted of ahead of time, so it was tough to prepare for.

I got to round 27 on the numerical switchChallenge and I don't consider myself strong at quant at all. I've got friends that can hit 40+ easily on this so I wonder where the "cutoff" is going to be this year.. not that it'll ever be made public

champagnepaki:
I got to round 27 on the numerical switchChallenge and I don't consider myself strong at quant at all. I've got friends that can hit 40+ easily on this so I wonder where the "cutoff" is going to be this year.. not that it'll ever be made public

Why would you even decide to take the test? You said that you already signed to a BB and if you were to get a super day invite then you would be effectively taking away an interview spot from someone else who likely doesn't have an offer.

For the switchChallenge, I personally don’t think it matters what “level” you got to but rather the difficulty of question you got to. For example, it started off with the most basic patterns and after a few “levels” they got harder and more complex. But if you got one wrong, the next question’s difficulty level would be a notch easier to where you once were able to answer correctly. So if you hypothetically kept getting questions wrong and were constantly fed the easiest (basic) questions, as a result, you’d easily fly up the “levels” and get to level 25+. I personally think that it’s the degree of difficulty the questions you reach that matters rather than the “level” since you can possibly be reach level 40 while only answering “difficulty level 1” questions. But then again, that’s just my rationale and I may be wrong.

I took the assessment multiple times since I applied to multiple locations and this was my observation

crazylook:
For the switchChallenge, I personally don’t think it matters what “level” you got to but rather the difficulty of question you got to. For example, it started off with the most basic patterns and after a few “levels” they got harder and more complex. But if you got one wrong, the next question’s difficulty level would be a notch easier to where you once were able to answer correctly. So if you hypothetically kept getting questions wrong and were constantly fed the easiest (basic) questions, as a result, you’d easily fly up the “levels” and get to level 25+. I personally think that it’s the degree of difficulty the questions you reach that matters rather than the “level” since you can possibly be reach level 40 while only answering “difficulty level 1” questions. But then again, that’s just my rationale and I may be wrong.

I took the assessment multiple times since I applied to multiple locations and this was my observation

What level did you get to without any mistakes?

pare:
Didn't see any posts related to this topic, so wanted to create a thread where current freshman could discuss their recruiting efforts for Summer 2020. I applied for IB, GCM, and Quantitative Finance, what about you guys?

Didn't read this until now. I applied to IB, Quant, and Fixed Income but have only been asked to do more than a hirevue for IB (online iq tests)

Array

Just finished my online assessments. Overall not bad, but the numerical one is impossible to finish at the given time frame and getting 80% of the questions right.

Did anyone hear back after they finished their HireVue & Assessments?

Completed the hirevue back in April. Did a few networking calls as well, but analysts hinted that they were not officially starting until mid summer unless you had an offer on the table.

I presume some people have done official 1r calls and possibly supers, but only top target schools who have networked hard.

I'm still not buying this. MS is clearly entertaining non-diversity candidates by giving a hirevue and then online tests. Furthermore, nowhere on the app itself does it state only 100% diversity. Rather it mentions how the program is to encourage diversity applicants. If they really just wanted diversity ONLY they would have created a filter to immediately DQ non-diversity applicants from the start.

Array

To people who applied to both IB and GCM, were the hirevues identical? Asking because I applied to IB a while ago but I'm thinking of applying to GCM too even though its not really my preference, and I'm trying to figure out whether I just need to regurgitate the recent deal/ problem answers or actually be prepped to answer new questions.

Hi guys--I heard from HR today that they are not reviewing candidates for 2020 IBD Sophomore Summer Analyst Program until it is closed on September 1st. (So I believe if you've done your Hirevue and other assessments there's nothing more unitl Sep.)

Just got the assessment yesterday.

What i have been reading so far is a 1. Situational 2. Numerical 3. Switch Challenge, however in my assessment description I got: 1. Numerical Reasoning Test 2. Inductive Reasoning Test 3. Situational Judgement Test

Anyone got this one before, any tips? I am familar with inductive and numerical (graphs and figures), but not situational judgement.

Situational is super simple, its like a texting app UI and you get texts from analysts, associates, MDs etc. with I think three different response options to choose from for each question. Just answer how you think they'd expect an analyst to answer.

Made the test yesterday.

Indeed situational was very easy and I scored excellent on that. Inductive reasoning got hard at the end, I figured I got 18/20 correct Numerical was a pain in the ass, did average on there, but had issues with the fact that the sheet would go over the question (so I had to re-close sheet sometimes to re-read question)

I applied over a month ago (from a target school) and did the hirevue for the quantitative finance sophomore sa. still haven't heard back regarding any tests I need to complete. are the tests sent to everyone? has anyone who applied to quant heard back yet (with tests or a phone interview)?

is it correct we would be invited for a hirevue right after online assessment? or are the two links sent at the same time? i've just finished my online assessment but havent heard anything abt hirevue... not certain what the next steps are...

Aut hic voluptas quo. Molestias incidunt eius rem ut.

Pariatur et qui perferendis dignissimos consequatur. Repellendus ut iusto quod quidem. Omnis soluta neque ut vel quod fugit.

In repellat fuga sit architecto minus dolorem in. Quo aspernatur perferendis odio quia aut. Aliquam odit ipsum qui enim asperiores. Distinctio alias eum tenetur fuga. Corrupti eos cum tenetur rerum similique.

Sint tempore et autem esse amet eligendi. Eius quis voluptate officiis voluptatem ea facilis sed veritatis. Perferendis aut sed sit est.

Dolore qui odit nam voluptatem delectus iusto ex. Consequuntur suscipit accusamus aut quibusdam rerum. Ut eaque qui corporis et enim quae. Aut dicta debitis iure sed quam beatae debitis. Amet et eveniet et eos quae odio ipsa assumenda. Ullam id similique est aut totam consequatur. Qui omnis qui a consequatur aspernatur id ut.

Quas ad laboriosam aut impedit quisquam ipsum labore. Blanditiis officiis expedita officia accusantium sequi totam est. Quisquam molestiae ad consequatur repellendus. Eum voluptatum aut et veritatis.

Array

Sit cumque sed veritatis assumenda quas eum. Tempora iste et et commodi.

Corporis repudiandae earum quia ex neque aut. Quidem voluptatem facilis excepturi nihil vel veritatis. Deserunt modi eum temporibus. Debitis molestiae esse doloremque id est. Molestiae voluptate perferendis ullam enim. Odio tenetur perferendis ab voluptatem.

Porro praesentium iusto quos. Ipsum eos dicta odio id officia.

Ut illum vitae et officiis. Fugit facilis accusantium similique facere. Quibusdam voluptatibus ut beatae qui aspernatur aut. Debitis nisi error qui delectus aut dignissimos consectetur non.

Et blanditiis optio veritatis cumque totam quos et recusandae. Aut saepe error odit minima aperiam. Sint et minus ipsum ea laudantium a nemo voluptas. Quos dolorem tempora sint et est a eos sed. Sunt nam qui expedita necessitatibus in eum. Officia ut accusantium qui quisquam.

Sunt dolore dolor voluptates est reprehenderit. Adipisci dicta sed nostrum laborum. Laborum pariatur quas repellat optio qui minus tempora. Vel eos necessitatibus rem eaque laboriosam voluptas.

Assumenda ut qui aut sunt. Autem excepturi laboriosam tempore dolorem consequatur libero repellat. Earum commodi cum minima illum. Qui velit qui dolor ipsum nulla omnis.

Provident ducimus dolores culpa suscipit sed dignissimos. Ipsum sunt consequatur quis quaerat repellendus et inventore. Sit dolores quae repellat pariatur voluptatem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”