Hirevue JPMorgan Chase SA 2019 Asset Management???

Does anyone have any questions/insight into the Hirevue questions for JPMorgan Chase SA 2019 Asset Management in NYC? I'm assuming its behavior, but since this is my first hirevue-no clue. Also, is this a first round or still an initial screening type of process (automated or does it mean something?). Thanks

Hi LazyLifeGuard44, whoops, looks like nobody chimed in here.... maybe one of these discussions below is relevant:

• JPMorgan Chase SA 2019 Wealth Management Intern It doesn't seem like there's a thread for this but I just got the HireVue for the WM ... 2019 internship. I'm curious if anyone else did as well and whether or not the questions will be ... the same as they are for the IBD HireVue. Best of luck to everyone in the running! ...
  • JPMorgan Markets Superday SA2019 Hey everyone, Just received a JPM Markets SA 2019 Superday in NYC. Date is very soon. Any idea of ...
  • JP Morgan HireVue Actual Interview Questions for Online Interview video interviews. Read More About JPM Video Interviews J. P. Morgan Video Interview Overview J.P Morgan ... Asset/Wealth Management Video Interview J.P. Morgan- Video Interview Invitation Corporate & Investment ... Just completed the HireVue for JP Morgan IB- FT Role. 7 questions, 30 second preparation, 3
  • RE Firms to apply for SA 2019? firms to apply to for summer internships for 2019 that actually consider Big 10 State School kids? Also, ... Newer chimp here...happy Wednesday 1st internship real estate sa 2019 internship Real Estate 2019 real ... estate internship firms Real Estate Chicago Real Estate New York applications monkey monkey monkey ...
  • GS SA 2019 Hirevue GS IBD. I applied a week ago and still waiting for the Hirevue. Does anyone have more info about ...
  • SA 2019 Recruitment timeline for Canadian undergrads to US speaking to alumni and current juniors going into their summers in the US right now, I haven't been ... Americans recruiting for US shops. to Tuesday, May 8, 2018- 3:55am ...
  • JP Morgan Chase Commercial Banking Analyst Program Hey everyone. I have a interview for the JP Morgan Chase Commercial Banking Analyst Program coming ... someone in this program? JPM Commercial Banking Program Overview JP Morgan describes the division below. ... JP Morgan Chase: Commercial banking provides a range of financial solutions to help corporations, ...
  • More suggestions...

Calling relevant professionals! abdelilah.elhadfaoui ceysav Nimisha-Nidhi

You're welcome.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

I had to record 9 behavioral/preliminary type questions for a JPM interview, but it wasn't for banking.

It was the first step in the recruiting process. After submitting it, recruiter contacted me again to further discuss screening type questions. She also asked my salary expectations.

The next step would have been sending the HireVue to the hiring manager to be further interviewed.

The entire process I was never able to ask any questions or even learn more about the position. After sharing my salary expectations, I got the "Unfortunately, you were not selected" email.

Pretty backwards process considering I never had the opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the responsibilities before discussing salary expectations. The poor recruiting process has pretty much worsened my impression of JPM as a whole.

Why JPM? Name 3 top qualities that your past employer would share about you.

I honestly can't remember any others. The recording gives you 30 seconds to prepare your response before it actually records so you have a brief moment to think about what you want to say. Each question I think can last up to 3 minutes, but you can cut it short if you are satisfied with your response and don't need the full 3 minutes.

I just wasn't a fan of how impersonal the whole process was. It's weird because you just sit in a room (or wherever) and record yourself talking to the computer. Plus I never had the opportunity to ask any questions even after the recruiter called me back after receiving the HireVue.

Also what I don't like is that you have to download the app on your device and give permission for it to access your camera and microphone, etc. Who knows what other kind of data they collect in the background and might share with the employer.

Most Helpful

Hi there, I'm applying for AM Summer Analyst 2019 in HK/SG/SH, but I'm pretty sure the questions are the same for different locations. There were 5 questions, 30 secs to prepare and 90 secs to respond for each. I did it 3 weeks ago, but I'll try my best to recall it. What attracts you to JP Morgan and specifically the AM opportunity? Describe what factors have influenced financial markets in recent months and how they might affect our clients. Tell us about a time when you faced a complex problem and how you found the solution. Tell us about a time you worked in a team to solve a problem. What leadership experience or extracurricular activity on your resume is most important to you and why?

I completed my Hirevue for AM Summer Analyst 2019-Singapore on 10 October. Haven't heard back yet. If anyone hears back from JPM please reply on the thread.

5 Questions, 90 seconds to answer and 30 seconds to prepare. Only 1 attempt to record your answer. These were the questions I got: 1. What attracts you to JP Morgan and specifically the AM opportunity? 2. Describe what factors have influenced financial markets in recent months and how they might affect our clients. 3. Tell us about a time when you faced a complex problem and how you found the solution. 4. Describe a time you worked in a team, what role did you play and what were the challenges you encountered? 5. What leadership experience or extracurricular activity on your resume is most important to you and why?

I got invited to my WM superday in Orange County. For AM I put down NY. I'm actually a bit upset about this because I'd really rather prefer AM compared to WM, so any input or knowledge or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

For WM or AM? I did both hirevues back in Sept, mainly for Chicago, but still haven't heard anything... I hope the people who have superdays above are for diversity recruitment, but idk

Did AC for AM Asia a couple weeks ago. Some people have received offers already, so I think it might be over.

Haven't heard anything from London, but I know someone who has an AC for AM and WM position.

Anyone invited to AC for HK/SG Asset Management? It says my application was reviewed two days ago after completing hirevue in September, and is still under consideration? Are there even any AC's in January

Sorry guys, I think it's over. I know 3 people already accepted their offers - 2 in HK and 1 in SG and there's probably more that I don't know of. Unless more people turn down offers, I doubt there will be another AC

Unde optio culpa voluptatem corrupti suscipit. Ut voluptas qui ut officia. Quibusdam delectus et repellat aut. At numquam velit nisi voluptatum et rem animi. Quia laudantium similique praesentium sit. At dolorem ad voluptatem aut laborum in.

Et cum qui nisi quidem facere magni. Aut perspiciatis omnis in. Minima dicta ut aperiam deleniti quae soluta aliquam. Odit harum beatae eum quos fugit nulla. Nobis repellat laboriosam recusandae est.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”