So I'm in a college relationship and going to start an IB SA program in the same city she will be interning in (she's not doing finance).
I'm worried that because we are in the same city (we won't be living together) she will expect me to be able to spend a lot of time with her, when the reality is I will have little to no free time from work, and what free time I will have will be largely spent getting drinks or whatever with other guys in the office.
I'm enjoying this current relationship and would like to not call it off because of a rigorous schedule.
Any advice from you FT guys who have been able to make it work, and how you go about managing a relationship and a demanding work schedule? Is it even as challenging as I think it will be? She has been really understanding about my time commitment to SA recruiting, but the actual summer is obviously a whole different animal.
I tried the search function and struggled to find anything too relevant. Please feel free to post a relevant thread if I missed one. My apologies if this is redundant.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Is there time for dating/relationships?
- Tricks to saying no to your girlfriend when choosing work
- having girlfriend wear your signature
- Analysts: When is your start date?
- Do you date analyst from your class?
- What is the relationship between first year analysts and second year analysts
- How to keep relationship with your contacts?
- Graduate Analyst Programs & Schedules