I think Barclays has taken down their analyst positions for some reason. All the 2023 analyst listings that come up on google bring you to a page that says "the page is not available". If you go to their job search, they only have 2023 analyst for Atlanta. These were on here yesterday, so I am unsure why they are down today. 

Took the online assessments and got a video interview shortly after I submitted the assessments. The cognitive ability assessment is hard af. Definitely one of the hardest if not the hardest one I've seen so far. 

[Comment removed by mod team]

Did diversity recruiting for Barclays earlier this year their system is very weird, me and 3 other ppl at my school got rejection emails/did not finish video interview then got invitations to first round a couple weeks later, you might not actually be completely dinged

I definitely did worse than you on assessment lol it killed me. But why would they send an invite for virtual interview before rejecting? Makes no sense.

Also did you receive 2 rejections or 1?

lmao also got the two rejection emails. Was planning to do the assessments later today since its the 4th day since I applied, should I not bother now or still do them anyways (if it was a mistake on their part)?

would probs still complete it if you’re still able to access it

Nevermind…. Just saw that I got 4 rejection emails for all 4 positions.

So strange how they sent me an invite to complete the virtual interview, but then rejected me before I even did it lol

I only applied to NY location and got the rejection email but haven't received the recall/error email yet? Does that mean I'm legitimately rejected? I think it might be cuz I'm an international student. 

Edit: nvm, just received the recall email as well

Analyst in Houston told me that the process is nearing the back end? What's up with that, apps opened not even 2 weeks ago for non-div and haven't seen any people saying they've gotten r1's yet.

For non-div? Damn, I didn't realize that. I figured I was right on track because applications didn't open until April.

Big Taylor Swift guy here, love the name.

I would call their NYC corporate office, they wil direct you to their recruiting number which will give you their email.

Has anybody gotten superday invite or offer for Houston? Please specify if you are diversity or not

Regarding the HR issues, I heard they are having a whole new group working on it this year which is why a lot of things are seem a bit inexperienced, but by the end of the day they get things fixed and done

Friend had a first round on 4/27 second round on 4/28 and has not heard back. You have any updates? 

[Comment removed by mod team]

anyone have a superday coming up or any communication after the hirevue?

For NY IB, any offers or interviews being extended at any schools?

Every school has their own recruiting timeline. I'm at target and they just started phone screening

Nope lmfao, I’m just bouncing around talking to hella alumni bc they keep giving me more contacts (talked w 8 ppl so far) and saying interviews should be starting soon

Just got interview request. Target. Interviews on next Monday

this recruiting cycle has been dragging my balls across shards of glass. can i catch one fucking break already

I interviewed last year.

We ask technicals and market based questions. Associates / VP's and under will ask more technicals, MD's will be more market based (although I know a few who will definitely ask technicals).

Bottom line, you'll need to know your shit, but not to the level of an EB or something. Study the guides and you'll be fine.

Technicals are always asked most when the conversation isn't strong. As always, behaviorals are most important.

Lol "framed strangely"?? Would love to know what that means hahah

Networked pretty heavily with my school recruiting team but still have not received an interview. How should I proceed? Is it worth it to email my contacts? How would I even phrase the email, don’t have any competing offers right now?

Also wondering this - did not see it mentioned in offer letter tho

does anyone know if cornell started their process? harvard analyst told me some ivies do it first asap and then some do it august/september.

I'm not sure if it was accelerated, but I am not diversity. I received an email two weeks ago from two junior members on the UVA team to set up coffee chats that were informal with one or two basic behavioral questions. After that I was passed onto a VP who then passed me onto two 30 minute interviews each with an MD for my super day. Not a lot of technicals and all of my interviewers were UVA alum.

Any word on the process for Wharton/Penn? Has it finished? I’ve got a superday for a different bank tomorrow but I really enjoyed my convos with Barclays, updated some contacts and they said to let them know if I got an offer.

Hmm, thanks for the info. Looks like you also got a Nomura offer, congrats on that! Which one did you end up taking? I just had a Nomura superday recently so hoping to hear back soon.

Fuck. Hoping there’s more spots in NYC since it’s a bigger office

Any news on S&T NYC? Are they done for S&T at Boston College as well? 

Enim quam aut deserunt qui. At nostrum beatae velit beatae. Culpa animi quo possimus debitis praesentium dolor ipsam. Aut suscipit cumque at consequuntur dolores quo. Excepturi distinctio quaerat repellat aut molestias doloremque.

Libero quas doloremque voluptas reprehenderit. Eos aut ipsum veritatis nisi nostrum odit. Dolor ullam provident repellat quos officia. Numquam laboriosam debitis eveniet placeat amet quam architecto.

Temporibus perspiciatis illo dolores id repellendus soluta. In deleniti nostrum eius. Suscipit neque voluptate enim eum nesciunt enim accusantium ut. Beatae corporis neque dolor porro.

Culpa consequuntur sed aperiam recusandae. Neque voluptatem aliquid id ipsam quia et minus. Consequatur et qui in et totam dignissimos consequuntur. Voluptas voluptas illo dolor et. Libero ipsa sunt quo perferendis enim asperiores optio numquam.

Iusto ipsum magni et aut numquam possimus. Voluptatem nihil quod illum. Ut quos et itaque soluta ut et ex.

Consequatur illum fugit omnis ad natus enim pariatur praesentium. Provident architecto optio facilis ipsam ut id ut. Aut eos perspiciatis dignissimos ab commodi animi animi. Facilis quasi qui aut natus quos minus ullam. Voluptate sint esse quas et perspiciatis. Officiis pariatur voluptatem a et ipsa voluptatem.

Voluptatem molestiae consequatur assumenda ea natus et. Asperiores veniam quia quo velit voluptatem exercitationem. Non libero beatae aut animi earum ducimus quis similique.

Nemo numquam qui debitis et. Enim velit provident et cupiditate animi ut a. Id eveniet deleniti excepturi atque amet cupiditate sit. Ut expedita accusantium minima et eaque. Consectetur sunt necessitatibus nesciunt.

Minima esse veritatis voluptatem dolores laboriosam qui laboriosam. Sunt culpa ea quis vero reiciendis id sequi quis. Fugit qui minus eum sit cumque et. Maiores dolor neque iure veritatis voluptatum et. Ut itaque molestiae aut.

Voluptas eum at ea omnis minima ut earum. Illo est necessitatibus alias voluptates aut harum. Aperiam architecto sit tempore qui sed eum.

Dolore quia omnis quia saepe nihil praesentium. Sit consequuntur id non qui porro iure. Omnis et nam animi et sed voluptate. Et maiores laboriosam ut id laborum.

Et sed enim corporis recusandae. Laudantium eum a iste error eos velit aut occaecati. Corporis debitis velit voluptatem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”