207 Comments
 

I think Barclays has taken down their analyst positions for some reason. All the 2023 analyst listings that come up on google bring you to a page that says "the page is not available". If you go to their job search, they only have 2023 analyst for Atlanta. These were on here yesterday, so I am unsure why they are down today. 

 

Took the online assessments and got a video interview shortly after I submitted the assessments. The cognitive ability assessment is hard af. Definitely one of the hardest if not the hardest one I've seen so far. 

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

Did diversity recruiting for Barclays earlier this year their system is very weird, me and 3 other ppl at my school got rejection emails/did not finish video interview then got invitations to first round a couple weeks later, you might not actually be completely dinged

 

I definitely did worse than you on assessment lol it killed me. But why would they send an invite for virtual interview before rejecting? Makes no sense.

Also did you receive 2 rejections or 1?

 

lmao also got the two rejection emails. Was planning to do the assessments later today since its the 4th day since I applied, should I not bother now or still do them anyways (if it was a mistake on their part)?

 

Nevermind…. Just saw that I got 4 rejection emails for all 4 positions.

So strange how they sent me an invite to complete the virtual interview, but then rejected me before I even did it lol

 

I only applied to NY location and got the rejection email but haven't received the recall/error email yet? Does that mean I'm legitimately rejected? I think it might be cuz I'm an international student. 

Edit: nvm, just received the recall email as well

 

Have heard that the "Expert Summer Intern" application that is live for IB at Barclays is specifically for target schools. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

 

Has anybody gotten superday invite or offer for Houston? Please specify if you are diversity or not

 

Regarding the HR issues, I heard they are having a whole new group working on it this year which is why a lot of things are seem a bit inexperienced, but by the end of the day they get things fixed and done

 

Friend had a first round on 4/27 second round on 4/28 and has not heard back. You have any updates? 

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

anyone have a superday coming up or any communication after the hirevue?

 

Every school has their own recruiting timeline. I'm at target and they just started phone screening

 

Nope lmfao, I’m just bouncing around talking to hella alumni bc they keep giving me more contacts (talked w 8 ppl so far) and saying interviews should be starting soon

 

this recruiting cycle has been dragging my balls across shards of glass. can i catch one fucking break already

 

I interviewed last year.

We ask technicals and market based questions. Associates / VP's and under will ask more technicals, MD's will be more market based (although I know a few who will definitely ask technicals).

Bottom line, you'll need to know your shit, but not to the level of an EB or something. Study the guides and you'll be fine.

Technicals are always asked most when the conversation isn't strong. As always, behaviorals are most important.

 

Networked pretty heavily with my school recruiting team but still have not received an interview. How should I proceed? Is it worth it to email my contacts? How would I even phrase the email, don’t have any competing offers right now?

 

does anyone know if cornell started their process? harvard analyst told me some ivies do it first asap and then some do it august/september.

 

I completed my video interview last week, but have not heard back. I heard from a friend that BC may be done, but do not quote me on that.

 

I'm not sure if it was accelerated, but I am not diversity. I received an email two weeks ago from two junior members on the UVA team to set up coffee chats that were informal with one or two basic behavioral questions. After that I was passed onto a VP who then passed me onto two 30 minute interviews each with an MD for my super day. Not a lot of technicals and all of my interviewers were UVA alum.

 

Any word on the process for Wharton/Penn? Has it finished? I’ve got a superday for a different bank tomorrow but I really enjoyed my convos with Barclays, updated some contacts and they said to let them know if I got an offer.

 

not 100% sure, I got my offer around the first week of June, but I heard that last year they were going till around september at Penn

 

Hmm, thanks for the info. Looks like you also got a Nomura offer, congrats on that! Which one did you end up taking? I just had a Nomura superday recently so hoping to hear back soon.

 

Nostrum tempora voluptas accusamus sed magnam. Maiores est nesciunt cum voluptates magni eum. Sit quas quam rerum expedita quis itaque et. Quia repellendus et alias a harum.

Et beatae incidunt quaerat laudantium sapiente. Commodi enim fuga ea placeat quia eos officiis earum. Est natus modi inventore quia minus velit qui.

 

Esse illum laboriosam quam suscipit recusandae voluptate. Reiciendis debitis excepturi occaecati tenetur rerum porro unde voluptatibus. Tempora nam autem libero aut ea autem dolor. Possimus saepe veniam qui ut. Dolorem voluptatem quas nostrum perspiciatis assumenda animi ut. Illo quod qui repellendus veniam quis dolores velit. Laudantium voluptatum nemo neque iste sit omnis totam non.

Omnis voluptatem ut ab ad suscipit. Accusamus in aut explicabo reprehenderit quas eos et. Omnis et et aperiam illo eum beatae. Harum nesciunt omnis et vero repudiandae.

Voluptas maiores sequi nesciunt consectetur sit omnis quasi nihil. Beatae perspiciatis iusto ut tempore enim sit. Eum quod itaque et. Ipsam minima quam sapiente eum ex omnis provident.

Quisquam quam quisquam dolorem sed in qui ipsa. Repudiandae ea et facere eos est vel. In odio vero quam doloremque.

 

Explicabo modi commodi praesentium id in similique et. Autem eligendi quia beatae non iure et quam doloribus. Sapiente rerum est dolore itaque. Quasi voluptatem vel corporis nemo quia. Quisquam quaerat omnis beatae iste perferendis. Beatae omnis provident esse et sint.

Rerum facilis maxime consequatur consequatur officiis. Ut amet voluptatibus veniam corrupti modi voluptatem. Ut rem neque voluptate illo ipsam. Amet necessitatibus corrupti consequatur voluptatem. Quia omnis et et doloremque dicta est. Molestias iure ducimus sapiente exercitationem nulla blanditiis voluptatem.

Aut a cumque incidunt itaque. Aut sunt omnis et autem assumenda soluta amet et.

 

Quas natus eaque ipsum aut earum accusamus est. Magni est et sint iste quod est non. Optio consectetur deleniti cumque nihil. Necessitatibus sequi facere temporibus. Nemo explicabo sunt quas id non et incidunt blanditiis. Et doloremque unde molestiae aspernatur totam facilis.

Numquam numquam et quisquam consequatur sit omnis doloremque repellendus. Maxime velit eos tenetur illo doloribus quo. Non nobis totam temporibus id eaque est. Magnam excepturi expedita cumque et repellat vel. Autem iure facere at ratione voluptates rem. Voluptatem nisi et sit. Praesentium et eos veniam quis. Numquam reiciendis aut quia ipsum esse in voluptas.

Cupiditate iusto suscipit accusamus nihil vel. Ut doloribus quasi accusamus ipsam eius quas iusto. Accusantium ut quo corrupti officiis. Est ea delectus rerum sed dolore.

 

Natus quis illo quo officia vero cupiditate. Facilis excepturi vel enim omnis error sunt. Sapiente quisquam fugit facere quia distinctio. Est at ut illum aliquam praesentium vitae. Ipsa maxime id pariatur voluptate explicabo.

Non natus est nisi numquam et. Veniam culpa omnis accusamus. Dolor in facere voluptatem iure quia corporis ut itaque. Doloribus sed qui tenetur iure mollitia. Nulla eum est beatae amet eos. Voluptas modi tempora corrupti.

Recusandae qui distinctio architecto dolorum rerum. Repellat autem beatae debitis.

Accusamus quis repellendus et sint molestiae minus. Esse fugit voluptate necessitatibus sed.

 

Magnam sit molestias quos culpa. Fuga dolor ut labore possimus deleniti neque corporis qui. Officiis aut perspiciatis et sed quam.

Repellendus rerum et repudiandae accusamus ut nihil. Quaerat eveniet blanditiis reiciendis nobis aut soluta sequi.

Voluptates quidem quas possimus in eos laudantium. Tenetur architecto exercitationem et molestiae possimus omnis voluptas. Atque fugit porro exercitationem inventore vel libero rem.

 

Ipsa quae et ea. Ad sed magni eum voluptatem earum laudantium commodi similique. Quam officia ut inventore voluptate sint omnis.

Odit est quae deserunt in. Commodi deserunt recusandae corrupti. Modi omnis tempore quia dolorum autem.

Nemo enim enim qui velit. Labore quia aut sapiente nam eum quia. Explicabo est eligendi incidunt asperiores sed sint. Maiores reiciendis repellat qui quo. Expedita rerum nostrum maiores.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”