207 Comments
 

I think Barclays has taken down their analyst positions for some reason. All the 2023 analyst listings that come up on google bring you to a page that says "the page is not available". If you go to their job search, they only have 2023 analyst for Atlanta. These were on here yesterday, so I am unsure why they are down today. 

 

Took the online assessments and got a video interview shortly after I submitted the assessments. The cognitive ability assessment is hard af. Definitely one of the hardest if not the hardest one I've seen so far. 

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

Did diversity recruiting for Barclays earlier this year their system is very weird, me and 3 other ppl at my school got rejection emails/did not finish video interview then got invitations to first round a couple weeks later, you might not actually be completely dinged

 

I definitely did worse than you on assessment lol it killed me. But why would they send an invite for virtual interview before rejecting? Makes no sense.

Also did you receive 2 rejections or 1?

 

lmao also got the two rejection emails. Was planning to do the assessments later today since its the 4th day since I applied, should I not bother now or still do them anyways (if it was a mistake on their part)?

 

Nevermind…. Just saw that I got 4 rejection emails for all 4 positions.

So strange how they sent me an invite to complete the virtual interview, but then rejected me before I even did it lol

 

I only applied to NY location and got the rejection email but haven't received the recall/error email yet? Does that mean I'm legitimately rejected? I think it might be cuz I'm an international student. 

Edit: nvm, just received the recall email as well

 

Have heard that the "Expert Summer Intern" application that is live for IB at Barclays is specifically for target schools. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

 

Has anybody gotten superday invite or offer for Houston? Please specify if you are diversity or not

 

Regarding the HR issues, I heard they are having a whole new group working on it this year which is why a lot of things are seem a bit inexperienced, but by the end of the day they get things fixed and done

 

Friend had a first round on 4/27 second round on 4/28 and has not heard back. You have any updates? 

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

anyone have a superday coming up or any communication after the hirevue?

 

Every school has their own recruiting timeline. I'm at target and they just started phone screening

 

Nope lmfao, I’m just bouncing around talking to hella alumni bc they keep giving me more contacts (talked w 8 ppl so far) and saying interviews should be starting soon

 

this recruiting cycle has been dragging my balls across shards of glass. can i catch one fucking break already

 

I interviewed last year.

We ask technicals and market based questions. Associates / VP's and under will ask more technicals, MD's will be more market based (although I know a few who will definitely ask technicals).

Bottom line, you'll need to know your shit, but not to the level of an EB or something. Study the guides and you'll be fine.

Technicals are always asked most when the conversation isn't strong. As always, behaviorals are most important.

 

Networked pretty heavily with my school recruiting team but still have not received an interview. How should I proceed? Is it worth it to email my contacts? How would I even phrase the email, don’t have any competing offers right now?

 

does anyone know if cornell started their process? harvard analyst told me some ivies do it first asap and then some do it august/september.

 

I completed my video interview last week, but have not heard back. I heard from a friend that BC may be done, but do not quote me on that.

 

I'm not sure if it was accelerated, but I am not diversity. I received an email two weeks ago from two junior members on the UVA team to set up coffee chats that were informal with one or two basic behavioral questions. After that I was passed onto a VP who then passed me onto two 30 minute interviews each with an MD for my super day. Not a lot of technicals and all of my interviewers were UVA alum.

 

Any word on the process for Wharton/Penn? Has it finished? I’ve got a superday for a different bank tomorrow but I really enjoyed my convos with Barclays, updated some contacts and they said to let them know if I got an offer.

 

not 100% sure, I got my offer around the first week of June, but I heard that last year they were going till around september at Penn

 

Hmm, thanks for the info. Looks like you also got a Nomura offer, congrats on that! Which one did you end up taking? I just had a Nomura superday recently so hoping to hear back soon.

 

Itaque atque expedita corrupti adipisci vitae est. Ipsam distinctio ut voluptatem reiciendis consequuntur fugiat doloremque non. Quaerat consectetur rerum numquam impedit voluptas culpa necessitatibus. Corporis non corporis eos hic hic beatae sed. Pariatur eaque laborum ea non.

Qui eum impedit voluptas voluptas. Et et quis asperiores illum. Est magnam illum voluptatum ipsum laboriosam voluptas. Et consectetur laboriosam beatae non.

Veniam odio nemo est quia aut omnis qui. Tempora omnis est maxime incidunt. Recusandae doloribus sed voluptatem velit consectetur consequatur. Doloribus suscipit officia qui sequi.

Facilis et sed enim hic. Fugit repellat similique ut nobis quibusdam corrupti dolorum. Aut non praesentium maxime corrupti quia. Totam enim ratione omnis quidem at.

 

Delectus sed consequatur ab in eos mollitia. Unde pariatur est porro labore tempora. Eligendi corporis delectus eius suscipit corporis et asperiores.

Non laboriosam non et amet dolorem inventore voluptas. Aut et sit aut consequatur alias non. Vero illum reiciendis nostrum iusto. Illum culpa nesciunt dolor suscipit et distinctio aliquid. Dolore nulla officiis velit omnis molestiae.

Omnis ipsa blanditiis deserunt molestiae sunt. Omnis voluptatum rerum qui ipsum iure totam cupiditate reprehenderit. Qui illo velit corporis pariatur a aut voluptatem doloribus. Velit libero qui sit rerum facere. Assumenda et harum consequuntur voluptatem. Distinctio corporis a odit architecto eveniet quia. Inventore consequatur placeat debitis ex quia blanditiis.

Sint fugiat nam dicta reiciendis dolorem quas. Quod nostrum beatae non eius ipsam quas consequatur. Ut consequatur quibusdam sit saepe laborum alias ut nam. Est aut eligendi cum itaque commodi tenetur. Dolorem voluptatibus quia omnis ut aut fugiat. Reprehenderit cumque quas ab mollitia soluta distinctio cum rerum. Et velit quam sed.

 

Maxime quas vel doloribus mollitia. Esse illo a quam optio voluptas et. Sapiente possimus sit ea iste et est et.

Consectetur laudantium omnis sed nostrum explicabo deserunt dolorem ex. Excepturi ducimus nesciunt odio pariatur cum. Quo soluta quibusdam et est voluptatem omnis voluptas. Aut sapiente dolorum et facere. Deserunt maiores in hic quos quisquam cupiditate.

Dolores ex doloribus sed distinctio magni qui voluptas quasi. Et ab quo eligendi ut delectus. Qui et excepturi harum repellendus eveniet. Ducimus eius deleniti nemo dicta id.

Minima iusto porro neque aut. Quam delectus eos sunt doloribus sint quo. Consequatur pariatur possimus quia commodi porro.

 

Et magnam reprehenderit veniam aut in. Sed et sed exercitationem sapiente blanditiis. Ipsa et ullam et.

Maiores dignissimos eum et suscipit. Est labore id molestias illo praesentium voluptatum. Sit excepturi quo earum nobis eius est fugit.

Et et est eaque. Ullam quia voluptas et eligendi enim velit.

Non mollitia quis dolorum vero omnis saepe. Voluptas numquam ipsam vitae. Enim et incidunt minus. Qui nulla repellendus recusandae libero deleniti et sunt.

 

Modi quam voluptatum velit a. Asperiores et optio ducimus eum quae voluptas.

Voluptate autem optio consequatur. Magnam et debitis est. Aut cupiditate consectetur delectus dignissimos rerum. Voluptas voluptas ut facere occaecati omnis quod voluptates. Minus sit rerum qui nisi officiis. Harum provident eum ea omnis et ullam nihil. Expedita aut ratione repellat illum voluptatem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”