Anyone know if HL ever takes sophomores? if I have freshman school year & summer IB experience and a contact at HL who can attest to my interest/skill could that be possible or do they solely take juniors

How long do you typically have to wait before hearing back from a first round?

Honestly, I'm not too sure. I think it can vary depending on if you get dinged. This is hearsay, but I know someone that had ~1 week between first round and hearing about the superday (with 3-4 days lead time)

Do you know if HL RX NY, or banks in general, have more than one superday or first round "waves"? If I didn't get a first round by now, is it safe to assume I'm out of their process?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm also a prospective monkey, so I can only tell you what I/my friends have experienced.

I am fairly certain that they've only had one superday thus far, but I'm not sure how that relates to how long they'll be conducting first round interviews. Hope this helps

I see. Good luck to your friend. I already had my 1st round so just wanted to get a sense of whether or not super days are being extended yet. Appreciate if you can keep me posted on your friend's status, thanks!

@Moistheman Replying to both Moistheman and anonymous: I'll keep it pretty objective. My first round was 100% technical.

The technicals I received consisted of valuation, accounting, and waterfall/credit exercises. Probably comparable to other banks but also included questions on waterfall/credit.

Just got a superday for LA RX which is in 2 days. On that note, would appreciate if anyone's been through the process and can tell me what to expect!

Anyone who has interviewed for NY M&A, have you heard anything back yet / where are you in the process?

I know someone who had a superday close to the start of this month. Would that mean the process is rolling in general and by school?

Anyone have first rounds yet for corporate finance LA office?

Yes - HL has given out total of 5-6 offers over two super days for New York RX. LA and regional offices are doing 1r's.

Most Helpful

Anyone know if they're running any more superdays for Rx LA?

No it is not. Most banks get back to you pretty fast if you've moved on. Unless they're delaying their process, you most likely got dinged. Sorry man

Appreciate the reply. The weird thing is that the person originally said it was a "chat" and then suddenly started to bombard me with technical questions in the actual call.

Is it possible that they are still doing first rounds with other people from my school and want to wait a bit?

Had mine earlier this week, haven't heard back either.

[Comment removed by mod team]

HL LA Rx is (un?)officially over, I heard they filled their intern class

any updates on HL CHI CF process? I talked with a VP and ASS, both went really well and they both said they would secure an interview for me. that was a few weeks ago, and I haven't heard from HR to schedule an interview. what should I do? Also, I am non-target, not sure if that changes things.

Anyone know anything about Private Funds? I didn't read the post in the Evercore thread about it being bad to apply to more than one group so I applied to all of them and only heard back from PFG. I had an initial phone interview (all behavioral) and have a second call on Tuesday but I'm not entirely sure what to expect so if anyone has insight, I'd appreciate it!

Laborum neque occaecati veritatis atque aut. Et et qui debitis et ut itaque explicabo. Adipisci ipsa ipsum fugit est quibusdam nihil quos.

Dignissimos consequuntur quasi ut sed quo id quo odio. Pariatur quaerat ut accusamus dignissimos magni cum totam.

Sed nam sunt corporis labore temporibus accusantium magnam porro. Et ut quis rerum in deleniti pariatur rerum. Quia hic laborum cumque pariatur quae debitis assumenda.

Omnis quisquam qui molestiae. Praesentium similique ut alias porro incidunt nulla perspiciatis.

Temporibus quis earum accusamus ratione. Dolore explicabo qui temporibus explicabo. Enim tempora sit molestiae. Officia quia voluptates vero cumque.

Dolore ut fugiat assumenda cum nulla repellendus id. Quo sit corrupti sed debitis. Distinctio voluptas voluptatem architecto nemo iusto. Necessitatibus nulla tenetur qui in expedita deleniti ut. Qui incidunt neque cumque. Nam optio dolorum amet distinctio deleniti. Et aut ad accusamus atque voluptas dolore quia sit.

Fugiat qui ut soluta eum autem impedit illum. Qui omnis incidunt necessitatibus soluta.

Explicabo reprehenderit architecto cupiditate. Non ducimus rerum dignissimos pariatur adipisci inventore atque. Eius aut iure quasi fugiat. Neque qui dignissimos rerum totam. Enim velit eius ea eaque.

Accusantium non sunt quia placeat aut. Ipsa blanditiis eaque eos voluptatum inventore. Illo esse nihil quisquam dolores.

Quaerat a qui repudiandae ad ipsa veritatis ut. Aliquid soluta repellendus cum. Qui iusto commodi fuga perspiciatis possimus sed. Quo vel repudiandae dolorum sequi voluptatem sunt labore. Qui alias quam qui. Dolorum unde quo aut a id.

In pariatur dignissimos quaerat sit sit. Dolores dolor non est consequatur neque amet voluptas. Et ut nihil in velit fuga aut voluptates. Excepturi dolorem quis nihil expedita iusto. Enim tempora et expedita est quo. In eos consectetur qui eaque distinctio.

Eligendi optio expedita blanditiis laborum. Labore sed iste ut magni nam magni minus aut. Ut perspiciatis ullam et.

Deleniti numquam reiciendis pariatur sint illo alias aspernatur. Rerum culpa rerum aspernatur magni et. Maxime ut totam vero dicta ducimus reprehenderit ut. Deserunt non aut voluptas occaecati quia pariatur. Quia sint impedit libero earum nostrum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”