2019 Summer Analyst Program for Hong Kong/Singapore
As some of the firms have already started accepting applications for 2019 for HK/SG, I thought it's the time to start this topic for those who are specifically interested in working in HK/SG.
What's your background? What division(s) are you applying (not limited to IBD)?
Current openings: Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley (not all divisions), Merrill Lynch (only IBD) and Point72. Has anyone applied for any?
Bump
CS has started interviewing
Do you know if it's for IBD (HK/SG)? Mine still says application under review
It's for IBD in SG. An associate I spoke to said they've already started screening for names
how did u apply in July, when applications werent open yet?
How competitive (compared to the US) is IBD in HK/SG if you're coming from a non-target US with basic Chinese?
I would say it is just as competitive, if not more competitive. Because lots of students in HK/SG study in the top unis abroad (G5+Ivy League) and apply back in their home countries. And each bank needs to have certain spots for local applicants (usually from target schools like HKU/NUS and also PKU), which leave 50% (which is around 5-10 spots) spots for US/UK. So I would say odds are against anyone who is not from a target uni but defos worth trying different banks and divisions.
Don't think they consider local schools (HKU, HKUST) as targets
Not too sure if they consider them as absolute "target schools", but I have seen as many analysts from those unis (HKU, UST and some CUHK) as from LSE/Stern
Never interned in firms in Hong Kong (grew up here), any insights of HK offices' working atmosphere comparing to London/NYC would be greatly appreciated
bump
bump
Any update on BB recruitment timeline in Singapore, Non-core
Apparently CS has started sending out interviews
Cool, looking forward for other banks application to take place in the near future as well
bump
Current openings: Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley (not all divisions), Merrill Lynch (only IBD) and Point72. Has anyone applied for any?
Nomura I believe
Yeah Nomura has started its recruiting process
Good luck everybody. This thread should be a lot of fun for the entire week of the US Open.
Anyone currently studying in the UK?
me. I sent you a pm. am from singapore
FYI, CS does some event in their London office catered to applicants for APAC offices. They then do the interviews during that few days itself.
bump
Will Morgan Stanley open its Equity Research role in HK/SG? Coz every other division has been opened except for ER...
Did Barclays Hongkong open applications?thanks!
Don't think so. Only FT roles are open so far.
thanks!
Not yet. They will be open on Aug 25th and super day I believe will be in early Nov..
Just have a question, are mandarin and cantonese mandatory for HK positions?
It's more or less an advantage. Not mandatory for most firms unless your role is very client facing (e.g. Relationship Manager)
they definitely prefer mandarin speakers (who are also fluent in English) but yeah it's not mandatory.
Does anyone know whether CS has started First-round interview for HK IBD? or is it still in the process of reviewing applications?
My status still says "Under Review".
Any update yet guys?
Just received video interview invitations from JPM and MS. Wondering if anyone in this stage yet? Any insights would be appreciated
Congratulation! I was invited for JPM hirevue as well, what did you apply for JPM position.
Can you provide some insights on how the Qs are formatted?
may I know what position did u apply for MS? and when did u submit your application?
Got the invitations as well. Any ideas whether these would lead to superday or not?
+1
Can I ask what division this is for?
I got video interview invitations from JPM and MS as well. Have you done the interview? I did MS.
How many questions for MS? have done JP. PM me
@deltacards Did you do an interview for JPM HK IBD? I would greatly appreciate if you could provide some insights...or questions....plz
Anyone know if the MS Hirevue for HK IBD the same as MS US?
would like to ask the same question
Did anyone applied for Morgan Stanley Industrial Placement 2019 HK/SG? Any news?
Hey, guys, I received Hirevue for MS HK IBD and JP HK IBD a few days ago! I will be doing the interview very soon. Has anyone done the interview for MS and JP for HK IBD? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
When did you apply for both MS & JP. Did the Hirevue invite came right after application?
@cgx95 Well..it took me 2-3 weeks before getting the Hirevue invite. If you just handed in your application, you should wait. And my friend who goes to NYU Stern got the invitation as well. May I ask if you go to a target school?
I am also curious about MS and JPM questions. I can share UBS questions with you.
I can share JPM and MS questions. Would love to know about UBS. Feel free to PM me
PM me plz
PM me
I can share JPM, do you mind sharing UBS?
pls check your PM
Hi JJdeli would you mind sharing HL JPM questions with me? I have MS IBD US questions.
Hi guys,
I am a final year undergraduate - Might anybody know how I should go about applying for IB SA positions? Or am i grandly fucked?
Start by going to their recruitment website, its never too late to start but they rolling basis so start early to get advantage
Does anyone know if there are any preferences or quotas for local unis over international ones in HK?
Not sure about the specific quota, but heard last year one of the top BB IBD in HK took 4 from HK/mainland, 4 from US (mainly Ivy League) and 2 from UK.
Thanks; would it be slightly different for markets, and what are the language requirements here compared to IBD?
Anyone received interview invitations for S&T?
Only hirevue for JPM; although I know others are already sitting on a superday
Some candidates have been fast-tracked through JPM's insight programs
Did GS send out hirevue invites already?
I did not get any interviews from GS. I go to a target school.
GS will process all applicants together after the deadline passes this year for APAC. So wait on! Source: GS event in NYC for APAC recruitment
How long do they take to send the online test/Hirevue after the submission of application? CS, BAML, GS, JP, MS, Nomura?
BAML video interview invitation. Any insights would be appreciated!
I'll trade it for MS. PM me.
heyyy would you mind sharing baml? i can trade ms as well
Any ideas whether these hirevues would direct to the superday or not
so my understanding is HK banks have only sent out video invitations ? no first rounds yet?
Wondered if the JPM video interview was pre or post screening? Some people haven't gotten it maybe coz of the different divisions applied? Any none IBD applicants got their interviews yet?
Just got video of baml and JP. Anyone can gimme some insight of JP one? Would love to share baml ones.
How long did it take you to receive video from BAML?
three days
I would love to share JP questions. pm me
I can. PM me
heyyy i can share jp ones, would you still mind sharing baml? thanks a lot!
Hi, did you get the video interview of BAML IBD three days after your completed the online test? Do you think it is automatically sent out after the online test or somebody is really reading the resume.iThank you!
three days
Any insights for the BAML video interview? Would love to share Blackrock's & Barclays' (fast-track). PM me.
How did you get Barclays first track?
Spring week in London+negotiated with the HR to fast track in HK (normally only in the same location)
I can share JPM or MS questions, is there anyone would like to share UBS questions? PM me
I can share JPM and MS, anyone would like to share UBS and BAML? PM me
Hey wanna use JP to trade for baml's?
I have JP, do you mind sharing BAML?
i'll PM u JPM Qs tmr because i've reached limit today. do u mind sharing BOAM?
Hey I have BAML questions, if you can share JPM and MS it'd be great
heyyy would you mind sharing baml, i have jpm.
I can share BAML's and UBS in exchange for JPM / Blackrock.
PM me
sure, we can PM each other tmr
PM me, thanks!
Have JPM - wanna trade for UBS, thanks. If you can trade blackrock for something else in the future keep in contact. Reached my daily PM sorry
PM me thanks
Whoever has the JPM hirevue questions for IBD please PM me and I can send you all five MS questions. Wrote them down as I interviewed.
@Jinwoongboss" Hey Jinwoongboss are you Korean? I can give you the question. I don't need MS. Do you have kakao or wechat?
Hey JJDeli, can you give me the questions for JPM? I can't PM anymore. I got wechat.
Yeah I am. Kakao Id is jinwoongboss too. Love to hear back from you
Hi! Im looking for the JPM ones. Would you be able to help me out?
Hey do you mind sharing the MS IBD questions with me? I have BAML, UBS, HSBC if it helps. Thanks!
Would you mind sharing MS IBD questions? Thanks!
Guys, I saw this group page on Facebook with the same purpose of this thread. The PM limit here is a bit inconvenient, so if you don't mind letting others know who you are, might as well join this group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/197725404224638/
Have completed JPM/BAML/MS - anyone with UBS feel free to pm me to trade
Trade plz, I have UBS for IBD
Yes. i have UBS HK, Singapore for IBD and S&T. Please PM me;) I would like to trade for JPM HK Hirevue
Have done video ins for JPM/UBS/BAML. PM for trade thanks.
Anybody know when the deadlines for HK/SG are???
Has anyone gotten any invitations from Nomura?
Anyone received online test from CS HK? Any idea how's the questions?
Anyone received hirvue from BAML Global Research?
Anyone going for the CS superday on Friday or JP superday next week?
Do you attend HK school or US school?
JP sent out superday invite already? For HK/SG
Rekt_Analyst don't think so. I got my first interview (Hirevue) two weeks ago. And did my interview like a few days ago. They said they will fly over in September to conduct super day.
dskauhydvgiqub did you get CS and JP Superday for HK/Singapore? How did you get them? did you just do Hirevue???
Anyone want to trade the JPM ones for the MS ones?
Anyone trade BAML for JPM/UBS?
Anyone heard back from CS after completing the online assessment?
@8patrick25 My friend from NYU Stern did a phone interview for Singapore IBD last month. Other than that...no
thanks
First rounds were last week and yesterday was the superday in SG
Boulder wait..what? for Singapore, CS IBD first rounds were last week? So is it over now?
anyone wants to set up a wechat group together maybe?
Good idea!
@ivy23333" add me jjo3938 or home4sdk
add me @ taming980728 thx!
can you email me at [email protected]? I'll send you the group QR code
Add me plz!
can you email me at [email protected]? I'll send you the group QR code
Autem eos minima sed assumenda et maxime. Dolores et nostrum repellendus. Optio est magni dolorum et.
Soluta adipisci minima ea minima in non eos. Modi sit eligendi ipsum expedita. Ratione aut sint provident earum cum amet rerum. Animi et aut consequatur necessitatibus. Impedit unde qui magni laborum et quod. Velit omnis amet est porro quia voluptas dolores. Accusamus molestiae et sit eos ipsum delectus eaque vel.
Aut provident natus sunt. Quis eaque asperiores enim provident earum sunt.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Rerum consequatur dolor voluptas sit. Officia et molestiae consequatur nam minima. Perferendis quas aut dolorum sunt nisi incidunt tenetur. Aperiam aut nesciunt at voluptas eum libero non ea. Illum omnis dolor nostrum dicta. Sed excepturi aspernatur ut sunt enim. Impedit officiis est omnis sunt nihil nostrum.
Sunt voluptatibus similique ut est odio totam enim omnis. Similique qui repudiandae et.
Nisi quia consectetur nihil sunt saepe et. Dolorem autem voluptatum voluptatibus repellat. Id dignissimos ipsa corrupti aut. Eos illo deleniti eius occaecati expedita. Eos omnis dolores aut et rem.
Natus excepturi dolores voluptatem quam. Itaque quia nostrum voluptatem doloribus ad laboriosam reiciendis. Eaque adipisci doloremque exercitationem voluptatibus vel ullam nam.
Nulla distinctio veniam ducimus fugiat incidunt vel harum ipsum. Enim quae inventore sapiente sunt similique doloribus quas. Qui aut non autem autem dolorem nihil magnam. Eum reiciendis et odio et ducimus earum. Expedita quia animi modi consequatur quidem consequuntur odio. Et officiis et corrupti neque qui ea. Magnam architecto ut corrupti qui sequi quia occaecati cupiditate.
Unde culpa dolore omnis reprehenderit minima id. Recusandae nemo aut sapiente quis. Nihil maxime voluptas iure quaerat odio consequuntur ullam cupiditate. Qui at quia occaecati eum magnam ut. Eum et voluptas qui. Iure voluptatem iusto sunt voluptatem. Illo id qui error.
Iure et aut deleniti molestiae unde reprehenderit. Doloremque ex distinctio et dolorem magni omnis quia. Incidunt quibusdam minus est quidem pariatur aperiam. Consequatur reiciendis quo tempora dolor ut fugit. Maiores perferendis natus sit debitis. Sed tempora voluptatem eum et suscipit aperiam et. Eveniet consequatur perferendis facere enim sint non et.
Doloribus aut numquam excepturi dolore quis exercitationem. Autem asperiores numquam neque corrupti et inventore voluptates eos. Doloremque tempora laudantium aut.
Culpa soluta nulla et debitis neque asperiores expedita. Neque nam porro autem et. Aliquid dolor vero repellendus voluptate odit.
Ut animi debitis nihil ut ipsa. Excepturi aliquid pariatur vel et aliquid et est. Tempore exercitationem ipsa voluptatem voluptas voluptatem aut nam. Quod pariatur cum voluptatum illo veniam. Velit officiis consequuntur eos laborum. Fuga nam quisquam aliquam est repellat. Veniam tempore et laborum libero ipsa officiis.
Odio impedit veritatis mollitia aspernatur accusantium enim voluptates. Accusamus quae ut aut temporibus. Ut quia ea nam sed et ullam.
Sit maiores et voluptas voluptas et repellendus. Deleniti unde est minima quas et ipsum. Laborum sunt non et voluptatem. Molestiae ipsam velit quam modi possimus. Et aliquam voluptate praesentium fuga. Velit cumque minima consequatur sapiente ut alias error.
Ab possimus ut adipisci occaecati facilis laboriosam expedita. Quia et quos molestias ea.
Recusandae voluptatum nulla corporis sequi nemo commodi. Magnam deleniti ad voluptas sed impedit et. Sit aut voluptatum laborum illum. Porro quisquam autem rerum cum ducimus iure.
Ab commodi facere id aut maiores et. Aliquam aut blanditiis praesentium eveniet eum enim. Ullam dicta quia cum adipisci. Non exercitationem voluptatem earum quo error in. Sunt ex eos maiores doloremque mollitia. Aliquid libero optio delectus ut. Aliquid architecto veniam voluptatum ea aliquid ut in doloremque.
Quia aliquid vel rerum deleniti architecto. Natus cupiditate nemo vel vel in quo vitae rerum. Incidunt expedita esse eos molestiae dicta vel. Consequuntur est sit a saepe eos. Amet et magnam vel et aperiam vitae. Repellendus accusantium id corrupti eos voluptatum nihil provident nesciunt. Rerum in ut dolores ex.
Pariatur nostrum ullam assumenda aut. Veritatis autem culpa omnis neque sit aut est. Voluptatibus nisi provident voluptatem est. Voluptas omnis eos id impedit aut voluptas quo consectetur. Iusto unde voluptatem iusto et enim quidem qui. Recusandae totam officia consequatur eaque amet voluptatem aut.
Repellendus eius autem enim aut. Itaque quo id blanditiis eos neque dolor.
Quo rem aut in soluta distinctio id accusantium. Et amet eum aut doloremque quo rerum dolorem. Aliquid omnis perspiciatis rerum dolor consectetur.