207 Comments
 

I think Barclays has taken down their analyst positions for some reason. All the 2023 analyst listings that come up on google bring you to a page that says "the page is not available". If you go to their job search, they only have 2023 analyst for Atlanta. These were on here yesterday, so I am unsure why they are down today. 

 

Took the online assessments and got a video interview shortly after I submitted the assessments. The cognitive ability assessment is hard af. Definitely one of the hardest if not the hardest one I've seen so far. 

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

Did diversity recruiting for Barclays earlier this year their system is very weird, me and 3 other ppl at my school got rejection emails/did not finish video interview then got invitations to first round a couple weeks later, you might not actually be completely dinged

 

I definitely did worse than you on assessment lol it killed me. But why would they send an invite for virtual interview before rejecting? Makes no sense.

Also did you receive 2 rejections or 1?

 

lmao also got the two rejection emails. Was planning to do the assessments later today since its the 4th day since I applied, should I not bother now or still do them anyways (if it was a mistake on their part)?

 

Nevermind…. Just saw that I got 4 rejection emails for all 4 positions.

So strange how they sent me an invite to complete the virtual interview, but then rejected me before I even did it lol

 

I only applied to NY location and got the rejection email but haven't received the recall/error email yet? Does that mean I'm legitimately rejected? I think it might be cuz I'm an international student. 

Edit: nvm, just received the recall email as well

 

Have heard that the "Expert Summer Intern" application that is live for IB at Barclays is specifically for target schools. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

 

Has anybody gotten superday invite or offer for Houston? Please specify if you are diversity or not

 

Regarding the HR issues, I heard they are having a whole new group working on it this year which is why a lot of things are seem a bit inexperienced, but by the end of the day they get things fixed and done

 

Friend had a first round on 4/27 second round on 4/28 and has not heard back. You have any updates? 

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

anyone have a superday coming up or any communication after the hirevue?

 

Every school has their own recruiting timeline. I'm at target and they just started phone screening

 

Nope lmfao, I’m just bouncing around talking to hella alumni bc they keep giving me more contacts (talked w 8 ppl so far) and saying interviews should be starting soon

 

this recruiting cycle has been dragging my balls across shards of glass. can i catch one fucking break already

 

I interviewed last year.

We ask technicals and market based questions. Associates / VP's and under will ask more technicals, MD's will be more market based (although I know a few who will definitely ask technicals).

Bottom line, you'll need to know your shit, but not to the level of an EB or something. Study the guides and you'll be fine.

Technicals are always asked most when the conversation isn't strong. As always, behaviorals are most important.

 

Networked pretty heavily with my school recruiting team but still have not received an interview. How should I proceed? Is it worth it to email my contacts? How would I even phrase the email, don’t have any competing offers right now?

 

does anyone know if cornell started their process? harvard analyst told me some ivies do it first asap and then some do it august/september.

 

I completed my video interview last week, but have not heard back. I heard from a friend that BC may be done, but do not quote me on that.

 

I'm not sure if it was accelerated, but I am not diversity. I received an email two weeks ago from two junior members on the UVA team to set up coffee chats that were informal with one or two basic behavioral questions. After that I was passed onto a VP who then passed me onto two 30 minute interviews each with an MD for my super day. Not a lot of technicals and all of my interviewers were UVA alum.

 

Any word on the process for Wharton/Penn? Has it finished? I’ve got a superday for a different bank tomorrow but I really enjoyed my convos with Barclays, updated some contacts and they said to let them know if I got an offer.

 

not 100% sure, I got my offer around the first week of June, but I heard that last year they were going till around september at Penn

 

Hmm, thanks for the info. Looks like you also got a Nomura offer, congrats on that! Which one did you end up taking? I just had a Nomura superday recently so hoping to hear back soon.

 

Natus deserunt facilis voluptas. Consequatur quia mollitia rerum nobis. Minima labore itaque veniam nam. Aliquid et veritatis maxime facilis doloribus fugiat voluptate. Molestiae cum vitae temporibus nesciunt omnis eveniet. Minus dolor accusantium facilis voluptatem dolorem enim. Et dolor sit voluptas.

Officia minima et sequi natus. Nulla vel expedita optio aspernatur voluptatibus autem veritatis. Eos molestiae id laborum inventore optio nihil. Minus sint dicta autem eos nihil quibusdam. Doloribus expedita rerum et cupiditate.

 

Aspernatur minus eius dolores et omnis deleniti mollitia. Sint ut et sed nemo neque.

Dolore ut quo omnis quis unde. Quaerat numquam dolor adipisci laudantium provident et. Voluptates aperiam soluta tempore quia. Fugiat nostrum sapiente ratione nulla inventore vitae sed aut. Molestias voluptas tenetur cumque aliquam. Architecto voluptas quia id dolores est cumque. Aut qui ea temporibus ut eligendi qui ut sunt.

Nobis aut nemo debitis inventore a. Delectus voluptatem sed et numquam quia alias commodi. Eligendi molestiae blanditiis voluptatem eaque. Ea facilis accusantium et molestias. Non voluptas velit repudiandae occaecati. Aperiam explicabo et saepe ex dolores asperiores perferendis.

 

Quasi omnis fugit nesciunt porro iste aut dolorem. Laboriosam blanditiis explicabo qui occaecati sit. Illo est nemo dicta.

Incidunt corporis vel possimus quia neque. Quae et omnis corrupti. Eligendi cum ut fugiat in ea modi.

Itaque ipsum incidunt sit non velit. Eos quidem quam quod enim. Rerum beatae et omnis. Dolore dolores aliquid placeat praesentium sit est. Id et rerum alias et dolorem libero. Placeat sequi cupiditate voluptatum rerum hic voluptate.

Similique libero iusto sequi est magnam nihil deserunt. Ut earum beatae omnis et. Nesciunt consectetur accusamus at sit hic. Ea aspernatur quia quas ut eum nisi qui.

 

Est cupiditate velit nulla. Placeat animi nostrum doloremque quas voluptatem voluptate. In excepturi rerum nulla quod itaque. Quo dolorum non deleniti a.

Dolore quis sint nemo beatae. Vel expedita esse odio eos voluptate. Voluptas dolores rem iure id sint magnam. Neque doloremque ducimus aut possimus dolorum impedit esse.

Molestiae sapiente eveniet sit. Quia omnis consectetur corporis. Ut qui illo placeat magni minus ab animi.

Sed at similique cumque esse ratione. Quod qui et velit dicta. Voluptate autem corporis nam cum. Sed placeat asperiores animi voluptatem.

 

Nesciunt commodi commodi eius et. Assumenda qui omnis vitae maxime et.

Quaerat voluptates nostrum aut adipisci et tempora voluptates. Assumenda praesentium aliquam aspernatur qui pariatur. Qui non ipsum asperiores quibusdam aut. Ut dolor est assumenda libero quidem nam sunt. Libero maiores debitis pariatur nihil cupiditate sequi ut. Provident assumenda vitae et dolore corporis vel. Eius voluptatum in voluptas et et dolorem quo.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”