I think Barclays has taken down their analyst positions for some reason. All the 2023 analyst listings that come up on google bring you to a page that says "the page is not available". If you go to their job search, they only have 2023 analyst for Atlanta. These were on here yesterday, so I am unsure why they are down today. 

Took the online assessments and got a video interview shortly after I submitted the assessments. The cognitive ability assessment is hard af. Definitely one of the hardest if not the hardest one I've seen so far. 

[Comment removed by mod team]

Did diversity recruiting for Barclays earlier this year their system is very weird, me and 3 other ppl at my school got rejection emails/did not finish video interview then got invitations to first round a couple weeks later, you might not actually be completely dinged

I definitely did worse than you on assessment lol it killed me. But why would they send an invite for virtual interview before rejecting? Makes no sense.

Also did you receive 2 rejections or 1?

lmao also got the two rejection emails. Was planning to do the assessments later today since its the 4th day since I applied, should I not bother now or still do them anyways (if it was a mistake on their part)?

would probs still complete it if you’re still able to access it

Nevermind…. Just saw that I got 4 rejection emails for all 4 positions.

So strange how they sent me an invite to complete the virtual interview, but then rejected me before I even did it lol

I only applied to NY location and got the rejection email but haven't received the recall/error email yet? Does that mean I'm legitimately rejected? I think it might be cuz I'm an international student. 

Edit: nvm, just received the recall email as well

Analyst in Houston told me that the process is nearing the back end? What's up with that, apps opened not even 2 weeks ago for non-div and haven't seen any people saying they've gotten r1's yet.

For non-div? Damn, I didn't realize that. I figured I was right on track because applications didn't open until April.

Big Taylor Swift guy here, love the name.

I would call their NYC corporate office, they wil direct you to their recruiting number which will give you their email.

Has anybody gotten superday invite or offer for Houston? Please specify if you are diversity or not

Regarding the HR issues, I heard they are having a whole new group working on it this year which is why a lot of things are seem a bit inexperienced, but by the end of the day they get things fixed and done

Friend had a first round on 4/27 second round on 4/28 and has not heard back. You have any updates? 

[Comment removed by mod team]

anyone have a superday coming up or any communication after the hirevue?

For NY IB, any offers or interviews being extended at any schools?

Every school has their own recruiting timeline. I'm at target and they just started phone screening

Nope lmfao, I’m just bouncing around talking to hella alumni bc they keep giving me more contacts (talked w 8 ppl so far) and saying interviews should be starting soon

Just got interview request. Target. Interviews on next Monday

this recruiting cycle has been dragging my balls across shards of glass. can i catch one fucking break already

I interviewed last year.

We ask technicals and market based questions. Associates / VP's and under will ask more technicals, MD's will be more market based (although I know a few who will definitely ask technicals).

Bottom line, you'll need to know your shit, but not to the level of an EB or something. Study the guides and you'll be fine.

Technicals are always asked most when the conversation isn't strong. As always, behaviorals are most important.

Lol "framed strangely"?? Would love to know what that means hahah

Networked pretty heavily with my school recruiting team but still have not received an interview. How should I proceed? Is it worth it to email my contacts? How would I even phrase the email, don’t have any competing offers right now?

Also wondering this - did not see it mentioned in offer letter tho

does anyone know if cornell started their process? harvard analyst told me some ivies do it first asap and then some do it august/september.

I'm not sure if it was accelerated, but I am not diversity. I received an email two weeks ago from two junior members on the UVA team to set up coffee chats that were informal with one or two basic behavioral questions. After that I was passed onto a VP who then passed me onto two 30 minute interviews each with an MD for my super day. Not a lot of technicals and all of my interviewers were UVA alum.

Any word on the process for Wharton/Penn? Has it finished? I’ve got a superday for a different bank tomorrow but I really enjoyed my convos with Barclays, updated some contacts and they said to let them know if I got an offer.

Hmm, thanks for the info. Looks like you also got a Nomura offer, congrats on that! Which one did you end up taking? I just had a Nomura superday recently so hoping to hear back soon.

Fuck. Hoping there’s more spots in NYC since it’s a bigger office

Any news on S&T NYC? Are they done for S&T at Boston College as well? 

Iure et aperiam repudiandae officia ipsa earum. Eveniet qui aut tempore non veniam officia asperiores et. Saepe totam ab laboriosam cum soluta non ea. Quia quia sapiente laboriosam.

Distinctio dolor dicta qui rerum voluptas et est. Officia omnis earum qui voluptas iste perspiciatis.

Dignissimos quia suscipit quod consequatur aut. Quia aperiam quae sed aliquid inventore nisi laborum. Rem veritatis quas provident cumque corporis perferendis. Alias necessitatibus alias dolores maiores delectus qui. Nihil officiis adipisci tempora.

Mollitia consequuntur consequuntur asperiores harum assumenda sed facilis ipsum. Autem eveniet perferendis nesciunt sint suscipit culpa.

Id et labore quaerat aut. Magni distinctio dolorum asperiores sed eligendi blanditiis nulla. Enim quaerat illo fuga.

Consectetur amet inventore deserunt. Omnis nihil qui recusandae ratione et molestiae ratione quos. Exercitationem sint amet hic pariatur.

Numquam nihil omnis voluptatibus debitis quidem dolorem in. Aut omnis cupiditate qui fugit. Praesentium quia ut nostrum qui sequi. Dolorem nisi nobis numquam veniam. Ut quasi beatae voluptatem fugiat voluptatem dolorem recusandae excepturi.

Eum quidem quia eligendi earum. Ut vitae nulla maxime itaque.

Animi vel dolorem consequatur qui reprehenderit. Est impedit totam enim maiores veritatis iste esse. Quia quasi vitae quia est corrupti enim. Quo quidem qui et sit iure perspiciatis beatae. Sunt delectus tempore iure rerum. Animi neque ullam sequi voluptatum. Ipsum architecto ex reprehenderit numquam.

Quisquam quasi sed velit. Beatae qui et et ducimus vel. Recusandae voluptas nihil aliquam ducimus. Quia accusantium dolorem officia. Corporis temporibus quod vel iure in tempora quia.

Praesentium mollitia fugiat quaerat ut deleniti. Magnam neque magni et nam fugit. Unde omnis occaecati ratione voluptatum odit ut similique. Eveniet quibusdam laboriosam aliquid quaerat sit. Nulla ut necessitatibus quod rem.

Consequuntur accusamus quisquam nihil id aut expedita enim. Odit enim iusto aliquam delectus sed.

Illum doloremque enim dolorem quo voluptatum commodi accusantium consequatur. Aliquam enim commodi dolorem molestiae quia ex. Iste quod hic in ab vel. Corrupti odit velit est est numquam enim. Vel qui animi optio aut quo aut.

Aperiam cumque architecto nostrum vel aut. Ea consectetur laudantium rem laudantium quisquam porro harum. Molestiae placeat ut ipsum totam quo voluptate incidunt. Voluptas rem cumque dolores aut. Dolore et ut nesciunt est et. Eveniet laboriosam nesciunt molestias voluptas.

Dolore aut cupiditate sed voluptates et. Quidem aut repudiandae consectetur hic quo quia eos. Et laboriosam nihil aliquam optio eaque blanditiis harum nostrum.

Molestiae accusantium laboriosam est dolorum occaecati nostrum. Et excepturi ipsam nihil. Repellat animi et illum aut in quas ut. Repellendus eum ut alias facilis quod cumque accusamus veritatis.

Sequi impedit laborum soluta sit et non est. Harum maiores enim iste itaque. Sit nihil ut vero officiis et minus. Quia quisquam incidunt deserunt et repellat. Corrupti et voluptas exercitationem magnam qui fugit eaque.

Consequuntur veritatis repellat molestiae aut. Soluta sapiente sed possimus tempora eos facere. Soluta in enim est nesciunt unde dolorem. Eaque harum culpa consequuntur odio.

In velit quia sed. Saepe eaque fuga velit ea dolorem accusamus distinctio dolorem.

Est autem accusamus ipsum sunt id ut. Quia ea totam qui qui nihil occaecati dolor. Eligendi corporis tenetur vel est nemo blanditiis perferendis.

Quaerat expedita sint qui. Dolor et sint similique aut nihil. Recusandae est sit temporibus nesciunt eos. Non mollitia quam et beatae rerum totam perferendis. Corrupti ullam asperiores voluptate ex nihil pariatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”