WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (135)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Most Helpful
  • Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Apr 21, 2021 - 6:25pm

Can anyone else confirm that these are the hirevue questions

1. Why investment banking analyst services at Morgan Stanley?
  2. What is something not on your resume that has attributed to who you are today?
  3. What is a recent M&A deal you have been following?
  4. How would you find a needle in a haystack?
Apr 22, 2021 - 10:47am

Is there a benefit to applying early? The app says it rolling, but I would like some time to prepare. Any idea recommendations?

Apr 22, 2021 - 2:19pm

Apply ASAP if it's rolling. You'll have plenty of time to prep if you actually prep every day. 

"Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent."

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 23, 2021 - 7:54pm

1st round then super when I interviewed last year. This time though there's no assessments just a Hirevue, so I wonder they're screening applicants.

Apr 26, 2021 - 2:10pm

MS opens apps in April, but doesnt usually start interviewing until August / September

Everyone gets a hirevue, the questions may differ

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 26, 2021 - 6:30pm

Last year I interviewed with them early September and got notified of a 1st round in late August. I doubt that will deviate too much this time around. They say it may be rolling, but I doubt they will interview a significant amount of people before the deadline. 

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
May 2, 2021 - 1:31pm

I'm wondering do anyone know about S&T timeline? Also, approximately how long after submitting application do you get the HireVue ?

• Intern in PE - LBOs
May 5, 2021 - 4:32pm

It's strict, I wasn't able to complete my sophomore summer app because of missing the deadline (I still had 1 hr left though).

May 6, 2021 - 11:51am

Just received a rejection email for IBD. Does anyone know if MS sponsors international students or not? Wondering if that might be the reason. Also, does anyone know if we are only going to be reviewed by our top choice group/office, or if our application is sent to several offices at once? 

May 6, 2021 - 2:36pm

Same here, international student got rejected this morning. Networked and have contacts who were willing to help. It makes sense if that's because of the visa sponsorship, but I heard MS has been supportive to this issue. My handshake portal also shows MS doesn't sponsor for this job posting. 

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 6, 2021 - 1:02pm

Also got a rejection. Go to a target but didn't network at all so probably partly that. Plus my hirevue was meh

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 6, 2021 - 1:26pm

Nope, from NYC go to a target 3.8+ with good internships, and otherwise have no obvious dings. Meh hirevue tho so take that for what it's worth

May 6, 2021 - 3:18pm

Why are some comments saying above that their Handshake says that MS won't sponsor? My Handshake portal says that "Will sponsor a work visa and accepts OPT/CPT" for MS IBD (Locations: LA, SF, Menlo, NY, TX). I'm an international student so not sure about this...

• Intern in Consulting
May 10, 2021 - 6:15pm

Anyone else here receive an email saying they got a first round for Menlo Park almost two weeks ago but haven't had their interview scheduled yet?

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

May 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (195) $233
  • 2nd Year Analyst (110) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (96) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (26) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (404) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (329) $82