There are a lot of random questions in other threads about the ability to go directly to PE from undergrad. It appears highly unlikely, but those who make it seem to have great connections / good resumes / experience, etc. However, I wanted to get a sense of the following things:
- Which firms have hired directly from undergrad? The following come to some target schools to recruit most years: , Cereberus, Audax. The following have taken undergrads by exception: Silverlake, Goldman PIA.
- What is the compensation like?
- Is the work the same as those who lateral from ib / consulting?
- How long of a commitment? Are you forced out to do an MBA?
- Do those who get hired do the normal recruiting process one year later for other PE/ ?