Point72 Academy SA 2021

didn't see anything yet posted for Point72 2021 Academy SA... academy summit already happened, but interviews will be starting soon for both accelerated and regular 2021 summer academy recruiting (for NY)

Hedge Fund Interview Course

• 814 questions across 165 hedge funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
  • 11 Detailed Sample Pitches and 10+ hours of video.
  • Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring hedge fund professionals just like you.

Comments (159)

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 17, 2020 - 2:34pm

have heard that recruiting team has reached out to some of the summit attendees for superdays

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Prospect in Other
Apr 21, 2020 - 3:19pm

is the correlation one test different from a wonderlic? It mentions finance as one of the topics so I'm wondering if it'll be technical

• Prospect in 
Apr 21, 2020 - 4:47pm

If it's the same as the one for the Academy Summit then it's a combination of accounting, valuation, brain teasers and general finance.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 26, 2020 - 5:05pm

I thought it was a bit rushed given it was non-calculator; some of the numbers computed very easily others not as much. Maybe that means I did them wrong haha.

Apr 26, 2020 - 9:13pm

I don't know how many questions I got right in the Correlation One Assessment. I kinda rushed through it and some numbers were hards to compute. I don't think think I did well overall and I most likely got like ~40% of the questions right. Was wondering if anyone knows how they're gonna assess this test.

Most Helpful
May 3, 2020 - 7:11am

it really depends on your goals. from ibd you can always make the move to an SM - which has a completely different investing strategy.

problem with MMs is that they have a very high risk aversion and short term investing style. you're usually spending hours modelling 100s of nonsense variables to predict the quarterly earnings - pulling your hair out till they come out.

SMs give you more optionality - they tolerate more risk and invest for the longer term. at such funds you'll see mostly people with ibd/PE experience, rarely any one from an MM due to the completely different skillset required.

HFs are still the exit so most people would take an offer from p72 over any bank. however, those who have a very clear idea of what they want to do may sometimes pick a top bank purely because it gives them the option for a different career path

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 4, 2020 - 9:40pm

Process over for those that didn't hear back for a first round or is it rolling and they invite in waves?

May 6, 2020 - 7:17pm

i got some email saying we enjoyed hearing about your research interests and we'd like to invite you to our info sesh but i haven't heard back anything about another interview after my hirevue. Is the info sesh one just a generic email that everyone got? I couldn't tell if it was a follow-up to my hirevue.

Thanks

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 11, 2020 - 4:23pm

does anyone know how the correlation one assignment is weighted? if it a determining factor for progression to the next round, or is it just a way to collect data to make hiring decisions based on it in the future?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 15, 2020 - 3:30pm

Just got the email too - kinda surprised they want to do another Hirevue and not a phone screen.

May 25, 2020 - 9:52pm

Did you have your interview already?

Array
May 25, 2020 - 9:51pm

Congrats! Have you had the interview yet?

Array
May 16, 2020 - 8:33pm

Hey, from across the pond and was a summit participant. It seems as if our processes differ. We had a case assignment to qualify for the summit. Has anyone completed the first round for the accelerated process?

• Intern in HF - Other
May 20, 2020 - 3:46pm

Anyone complete the first round this week yet? WSO interview database says it's all behavioral, is that true?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 2, 2020 - 10:57am

Just got the rejection 1 week after the video interview

Jun 4, 2020 - 5:35pm

Hey guys/gals. Do all of you who get the Correlation One a few weeks back go to targets? I go to a non-target and just got the Correlation One email today and wondering if I stand any chance. If any one can give me some advice for the test I would really appreciate it!!

Also, is it Correlation One - first-round HireVue - Virtual superday? Thanks.

Array
Jun 4, 2020 - 5:48pm

A clarification: I got both the Correlation One AND the first-round HireVue simultaneously, which is a bit strange considering the above posters imply that the HireVue comes after a successful test.

Seems too good to be true but I'll try my best. Any advice on either? Would greatly appreciate it.

Array
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 4, 2020 - 5:39pm

^^ same as post above I just received the Hirevue + Correlation One assessment coming from a non-target any further insights on the type of question asked?

• Prospect in 
Jun 7, 2020 - 7:37pm

How in depth is the HireVue - just behavioral/why Point72 or does it have a stock pitch q or something like that?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 9, 2020 - 5:15pm

Did anyone get an email saying that you were invited to take the Hireview and Correlation One test a second time today?

• Intern in HF - Other
Jun 12, 2020 - 7:09pm

Got email for academy head interview today, was part of the first wave of first rounds that supposedly some have already had superdays for. Don't pay too much attention to timelines on WSO, everyone seems to move at their own pace.

Jun 22, 2020 - 5:50pm

I've just got a first round invitation after 4th of july. Any tips or advice? I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you.

Array
Jul 14, 2020 - 11:17pm

Same, kind of freaking out. Target with good GPA, emailed and got no response.

Array

Jul 29, 2020 - 3:00am

Have not gotten a hirevue back yet, I applied over a month ago. target, good gpa, stem major. Idk what their recruitment timeline is looking like but

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jul 29, 2020 - 3:56pm

I just received the hirevue. How far are they in the recruiting process for both London and New York?

Aug 7, 2020 - 2:46pm

Just received a email to complete the hirevue for the academy NY. I already did one for the UK position, but this time an actual recruiter reached out for the hirevue invite and CC'd her email. Does this mean anything?

• Intern in RE - Res
Aug 7, 2020 - 2:59pm

Got the rejection email after the update, have no clue what happened. Target with a great GPA, networked with 2 analysts, did not even get a hirevue. On the the next I guess!

Aug 7, 2020 - 4:40pm

What was your test scores? Not sure what the  criteria is for hirevues but I think my good test score combined with expensive investment exp got me the hirevue since my gpa was just ok ( high major gpa tho)

• Intern in Other
Aug 12, 2020 - 9:54am

Anyone know if they are still open? Just got an email invite to an information session about 2021 summer internships that's happening next week. I thought they were done but maybe they aren't?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Aug 12, 2020 - 10:02am

Ea corrupti repudiandae est voluptate. Aut atque cupiditate voluptate magnam dolorem magnam quia. Non est modi qui totam molestiae ad.

Voluptates vero dolorum blanditiis id. Ut nobis laudantium tenetur. Atque mollitia explicabo laboriosam aperiam consequuntur.

Laborum facilis ipsum ea enim. Non voluptatibus neque quia error occaecati ullam. Nemo et et id repudiandae aliquam. Repellendus ut sequi laboriosam harum. Illo minus enim est adipisci reiciendis. Et aliquid incidunt tempora quo. Quo a cumque hic quaerat.

• Intern in IB - Cov
Aug 15, 2020 - 4:44pm

Et fuga quia modi sint. Exercitationem aliquid magnam facere modi nobis nisi ea. Necessitatibus repellendus praesentium deserunt quo rem. Ipsa rerum consequatur fugit dolor.

Tempora et praesentium et recusandae. Maxime et sint fugit consequatur sit dolores. Velit architecto debitis nam deleniti et qui vero et. Omnis ea aut natus commodi.

Nihil voluptatem eos aut omnis fuga. Libero facere earum optio et. Et voluptatem corrupti eos vel.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Aug 15, 2020 - 5:23pm

Est et reprehenderit voluptas in asperiores. Voluptas tenetur dolorem hic harum eos iste et. Eligendi omnis ut dolor dicta pariatur error qui. Omnis dolorem et optio totam iste ex velit. Temporibus error asperiores fugit qui quisquam cum.

Quia suscipit pariatur vero dolore molestiae. Et amet velit rerum. Aliquid eos ea inventore quia. Cum aut ullam et. Provident et quia libero quia est officiis quo. Maiores perspiciatis sunt commodi necessitatibus sint ipsa perferendis quae. Corporis minima quae sapiente esse illo nesciunt.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Aug 19, 2020 - 5:51pm

Est libero expedita laudantium nihil eos dolorum error. Et vero doloribus omnis porro magni.

Est enim rerum error deserunt tenetur. Autem omnis voluptatem nulla. Sapiente aut autem ut dolores.

Nulla et voluptas dolorem nobis facere facilis. Incidunt omnis vitae fugiat voluptas. Sunt ea laboriosam unde odit nostrum.

Consequatur ex modi temporibus veritatis eum vel enim. Magnam praesentium voluptatem porro a. Perferendis facilis id itaque doloremque. Qui voluptas est alias iste quasi ea et. Et illum consequatur voluptatum rerum est omnis atque a.

Aug 20, 2020 - 9:22pm

Et voluptatum quia est incidunt rem aut. Nihil quidem amet fuga ipsum eaque. Nemo sapiente ut facere dolor nulla repudiandae officiis.

Provident aut blanditiis officiis at tempora voluptatem sed. Eligendi recusandae officiis rerum a. Quae porro nulla aut nulla quam id. Qui quae praesentium id temporibus. Error dolore ad dolore sunt beatae cum. Nostrum omnis numquam eius nam nihil sed et.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

December 2021 Hedge Fund

• Vice President (20) $488
  • Director/MD (10) $359
  • NA (5) $306
  • Portfolio Manager (7) $297
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (21) $288
  • Manager (4) $282
  • 2nd Year Associate (28) $241
  • Engineer/Quant (52) $238
  • 1st Year Associate (64) $187