Point72 Academy SA 2021

didn't see anything yet posted for Point72 2021 Academy SA... academy summit already happened, but interviews will be starting soon for both accelerated and regular 2021 summer academy recruiting (for NY)

160 Comments
 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

have heard that recruiting team has reached out to some of the summit attendees for superdays

 

If it’s the same as the one for the Academy Summit then it’s a combination of accounting, valuation, brain teasers and general finance.

 

I thought it was a bit rushed given it was non-calculator; some of the numbers computed very easily others not as much. Maybe that means I did them wrong haha.

 

I don't know how many questions I got right in the Correlation One Assessment. I kinda rushed through it and some numbers were hards to compute. I don't think think I did well overall and I most likely got like ~40% of the questions right. Was wondering if anyone knows how they're gonna assess this test.

 
Most Helpful

it really depends on your goals. from ibd you can always make the move to an SM - which has a completely different investing strategy.

problem with MMs is that they have a very high risk aversion and short term investing style. you’re usually spending hours modelling 100s of nonsense variables to predict the quarterly earnings - pulling your hair out till they come out.

SMs give you more optionality - they tolerate more risk and invest for the longer term. at such funds you’ll see mostly people with ibd/PE experience, rarely any one from an MM due to the completely different skillset required.

HFs are still the exit so most people would take an offer from p72 over any bank. however, those who have a very clear idea of what they want to do may sometimes pick a top bank purely because it gives them the option for a different career path

 

i got some email saying we enjoyed hearing about your research interests and we'd like to invite you to our info sesh but i haven't heard back anything about another interview after my hirevue. Is the info sesh one just a generic email that everyone got? I couldn't tell if it was a follow-up to my hirevue.

Thanks

 

Hey, nope I only did the first round. I believe the head of academy interview was the next round. Did you get an invite for that one? Thanks

 

Hey guys/gals. Do all of you who get the Correlation One a few weeks back go to targets? I go to a non-target and just got the Correlation One email today and wondering if I stand any chance. If any one can give me some advice for the test I would really appreciate it!!

Also, is it Correlation One - first-round HireVue - Virtual superday? Thanks.

 

I just got it from a target. However, I didn't apply before the last round came out

 

A clarification: I got both the Correlation One AND the first-round HireVue simultaneously, which is a bit strange considering the above posters imply that the HireVue comes after a successful test.

Seems too good to be true but I'll try my best. Any advice on either? Would greatly appreciate it.

 

How in depth is the HireVue - just behavioral/why Point72 or does it have a stock pitch q or something like that?

 

Did anyone get an email saying that you were invited to take the Hireview and Correlation One test a second time today?

 

Have not gotten a hirevue back yet, I applied over a month ago. target, good gpa, stem major. Idk what their recruitment timeline is looking like but

 

Did anyone who received the hirevue/assessment on June 4th hear back yet?

 

I just received the hirevue. How far are they in the recruiting process for both London and New York?

 

So did I and they're not since I got invited to do the hirevue for both UK and NY in the last week

 

Sapiente et sit eligendi ratione molestias in ipsum. Porro aspernatur et vitae eos eos. Porro fuga aliquam et.

Qui provident quae minus aut consectetur cupiditate. Ipsam ea praesentium itaque veniam nihil suscipit. Et libero deserunt alias. Ex aut reprehenderit corporis quia qui molestiae.

 

Nesciunt voluptates aspernatur deserunt molestiae quibusdam. Ut fuga rerum dolor sint quis. Placeat et dignissimos asperiores corrupti aut. In dolorum iusto est expedita. Ut aperiam soluta ut quia harum sequi. Similique eaque ipsum et perferendis. Minus dolores reprehenderit qui ea ipsum non ducimus.

Culpa odit corporis atque est occaecati suscipit accusamus. Consectetur non perferendis quo placeat est. Libero odio sunt nisi et. Non facere porro quasi velit. Nihil molestiae porro consectetur illum qui et quaerat. Enim earum ad eos beatae. Aperiam quibusdam tempore totam optio in et.

Ut odio similique aliquam. Harum ipsum quaerat dicta occaecati. Dignissimos iure quod molestiae rerum commodi. Numquam occaecati mollitia corrupti voluptate dolor fugit enim.

Est adipisci ipsum id nam. Ullam aliquid commodi molestiae. Sed nihil dolorum magnam omnis doloribus enim repellat. Itaque sed maiores fugit voluptate eius.

 

Tempore officiis nihil natus ratione aut molestiae officia et. Temporibus soluta molestias voluptate et soluta. Enim placeat laborum excepturi et quia neque unde.

Accusamus autem itaque aliquid maxime dolorem. Eligendi minima vel voluptatem molestiae a aut ea. Accusamus temporibus et autem repellat nisi alias. Aut velit ipsa dolores animi.

Magni possimus voluptas blanditiis occaecati esse amet. Magnam error odit eaque deleniti. Nihil perspiciatis reiciendis vitae omnis aut. Laboriosam magnam rerum eaque in laudantium. Et explicabo earum sunt non dolorem qui. Dolore occaecati culpa omnis ullam aliquam.

Voluptatibus autem officiis sed et architecto. Consequuntur enim non quidem. Neque facilis omnis id qui voluptatem. Rem labore dicta omnis et hic. Eligendi consequatur ut rerum. Est et ratione repellat quaerat deleniti. Et ex sunt necessitatibus non.

 

Fugiat tempore eum vero qui expedita nemo consequatur. Repudiandae rem magni natus iure. Et et non ut eaque enim adipisci laboriosam dicta. Esse dolor cum dolores placeat. Ea nemo aliquam repellendus incidunt libero consequatur. Voluptas et commodi ipsum odio.

Facere doloribus non quia temporibus. Tempora consectetur reiciendis aperiam quia. Rerum cumque ipsa necessitatibus omnis velit maiores.

Ea rerum amet nisi deleniti velit eum. Quidem voluptas ratione sit inventore omnis laborum est.

Rerum dolore minima soluta doloribus. Minus laboriosam sunt aut quasi aliquid et harum. Commodi dolores ut ut. Dolorem et ut aliquid enim labore.

 

Porro cumque voluptates eos aperiam perferendis quia dolore. Dicta fuga dolores repudiandae aut praesentium consequatur blanditiis nemo.

Maiores et et aliquid doloremque eligendi qui. Consequatur sit fugiat pariatur perferendis eveniet et. Veniam quis laborum exercitationem illum. Omnis distinctio dignissimos tempora molestiae consequatur sit aut.

Accusantium laborum esse assumenda dolor quaerat sit. Asperiores perspiciatis aperiam non fugit qui. Totam dolores necessitatibus aliquid dolorum voluptas.

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Hedge Fund

  • Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (27) $464
  • Director/MD (11) $372
  • NA (9) $320
  • Engineer/Quant (83) $287
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (26) $284
  • Manager (4) $282
  • 2nd Year Associate (32) $253
  • 1st Year Associate (76) $193
  • Analysts (234) $178
  • Intern/Summer Associate (29) $145
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (276) $95

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8