Trending Content - Investment Banking Forum
| +220 | Just One More Year | 17 | 11h |
| +179 | Piper Sandler in talks to acquire PWP | 75 | 6h |
| +124 | UBS Appears to be Exploring Sale | 19 | 3d |
| +90 | Paradise Is Paradise | 8 | 18h |
| +79 | Drunk VP. How to manage? | 27 | 1d |
| +38 | How do I take my foot off the gas? (AN1) | 4 | 1d |
| +38 | Lazard US Views 2026/2027 | 13 | 1d |
| +32 | M&A is Paradise | 1 | 6d |
| +26 | Why did EVR succeed vs GHL or PWP that ended up getting acquired? | 9 | 1h |
| +22 | Mandated 9:00am Arrival? | 6 | 4d |
Career Resources
Not sure where the process is, but I can say that they take about 20 interns across all groups give or take.
What abt CHI and NY?
About 5 for chicago, 140 for nyc including capital markets.
Don't know about conversion rates for each, all I know is that JP sometimes can have rougher offer rates compared to other banks.
You know how many they take for Miami?
interested
The M&A group takes 2 SAs. I can't speak to the other groups.
bump..anyone hear back anything?
Had phone screen the other day, strictly behavioral
did ur interviewer say when super day would be and when invites would be sent out?
Not the OG comment but also had a call. He said in a couple weeks, but idk if that even counted as a phone screen. It was very short and a quick tell me about yourself.
Anyone hear back?
Anyone got a request for additional info today?
No, did you? had one of those quick calls last week
got an email today asking for additional info and had a phone screen last week
got additional info about update and routine
bump
Just got superday
Assuming tech M&A? Did you have a phone call last week, and was it sent to you or a group? Thanks, sorry for the questions lol
Just says tech IB. Had a call. Don't know how to see if it was sent as a group or not, but came from the careers email.
Anyone know what to expect in terms of superdays?
did you get one or still waiting to hear back (can't tell if your the original comment above^). Anyone know if the super days are technical or behavioral heavy?
Haha that was me. I got one, but I do not know anything about what to expect
If it’s anything like the New York ones. It shouldn’t be too tough from what I’ve heard
anyone else heard about superday? i havent heard anything since phone screen last week
It's on Thursday so maybe they didn't all go out yet
Got a super day invite last Wednesday - same time as the other person above so I think they sent them out at once. Not sure though
Anyone got instructions for the superday yet
nope
Got an email from an MD to set up a call
Can confirm if you haven’t heard back yet about a superday you’re dinged
Does anyone know how long it'll take to hear back from today's Superday?
Probably by Tuesday?
Anyone hear back from the 9/3 super day yet?
No have you?
nope
Just got rejection email
Damn that’s fast. Was it from the recruiter?
Was it for sure a rejection letter? Or could the email also mean that we could be waitlisted?
I mean what did it say
Maybe I'm reading too much in between the lines: "Many factors need to be considered in the hiring process and no decision is made lightly. Unfortunately, we are unable to extend an offer at this time. However, your relationship with us does not end here." I guess it is a rejection letter and they just mean we should re-apply next year, right?
Yeah that sounds like a rejection
This has me refreshing tf outta my email
Has anyone aside from the guy/gal above heard back from 9/3 superday? I'm just mad anxious.
Also had superday. Haven’t heard anything yet
Just got an offer
Call or email?
Cap
Congrats! I just wanna hear back soon regardless of reject/offer.
Congrats! Was this for Tech coverage or Tech M&A?
M&A is a really really small group in SF. They're not taking interns rn
Anyone from the 9/2 Superday heard back yet?
nah we all in limbo except for the one guy/gal who got offered
How many interns are they taking?
This wait is killing me...
I know there is this 2 tier interview structure where after your rounds with the juniors you have a final round with the seniors which is what we are waiting for.
Source?
MD in charge of hiring
Has anyone got one?
I mean 1 person each has said they got an offer and rejection but I feel like most of us haven't heard back
Did most of y'all mostly interview with more junior people during superday as well?
Yeah
Yup
edit
Anyone hear anything today?
Not so far. Have you?
Nope. This wait is terrible
pretty sure the recruiters had said we'd head back 2-3 weeks after super day and if they are doing this 2nd interview with someone senior mentioned above by someone else it'll prob take a while
Wouldn't make sense if they already made their decisions on who to invite and who not to invite.
Is the final round supposed to be another superday? I had a quick 30 min interview with an MD after the original superday but I still haven't heard anything either. I was a little confused because I've never heard of a bank doing another round post-superday before
Did he reach out to you before or after your superday?
after the superday
Was this after the superday on 9/3? And when did you have the interview with the MD?
How was the interview like with the MD? Behavioral/technical, or just a casual conversation?
have you heard back yet?
Has anyone received any communication about a post-superday final round?
think the person above did if they had a 30 min interview with the MD after the original superday
Nope. You?
Nah. Just asking to see if anyone else besides the one dude had anything after superday.
Anyone know wtf is going on
U should send follow ups to your interviewers and hr
Did yours say anything?
Nah dawg, I'm just assuming I got dinged lol
Lol pretty much all the emails bounce back. You know anyone who got it?
Anyone know normally how long after a final round/superday interview JP SF calls you if you got an offer?
I reckon they must be busy dealing with the fires and everything which is why this is taking longer than normal
Honestly I've mentally thrown in the towel. If I get an offer, great. If I don't, great. Either way, I feel like it's pointless to worry about it anymore.
Very much feel the same way
An MD reached out to me to find a time to meet next week. Is this the next round?? Did anyone else get this??
Probably. Did you also have one before your superday? And when was your super?
IB or ER?
Congrats my dude/gal. You prob in there
As a corollary, has anyone else heard from the MD about meeting or no?
Nope. Any of you guy?
Did you have the call with the MD yet? Did you hear back yet/get an offer?
lol anyone get any update from their interviewers
Nah bruh i think it's just the one dude. But also MDs are mad busy so hoping he got called away by a client or something and forgot lol
Hope those of us on the West Coast living thru the wildfires are staying safe!
Seconded; the AQI is spiking more than my anxiety about the offer lol
Guess they ain’t giving us offers till they’re not on fire
Anyone hear any updates lol?
I wish. You?
nah lmao
So just to confirm. No one knows what’s going on?
Confused as to why you got MS, but I haven't heard anything either
Lol guess we’re all just frustrated by the lack of clarity
No one's responded to any of my follow ups yet so idk
They did say 2 weeks or so to be fair
Anyone get an offer yet? I didn't. Just wanted to know if I should give up hope or not
Not I, good man. Still out here waiting
Same here chief; we just got hang in there and wait haha
Still nothing? 2 weeks end coming close lol. has anyone heard anything?
Nope. Either they're on the tiktok deal, on fire, or somehow everyone on this thread got dinged.
I feel like though it's possible, with volunteer bias, I find it hard to imagine that not a single person who got offered was gonna flex it here. Unless the statistics gods hate us lol.
Agreed. Letting you know, if I get an offer. I'll brag here.
Lol is this group even considered good? So many comments
We haven’t all made the big jump from anonymous prospects to great anonymous analysts yet man
officially 2 weeks since 9/3 superday lol hopefully we hear back EOD? Any updates for anyone?
Nah dawg they really holding us to that specified timeline or this is the unluckiest thread in WSO history
Lol does anyone know the hr email to reach out to. I have some interviews coming up and it’ll ease my mind a lot to know what my decision is before going into them
y'all think today's the day or what? At this point I just wanna know if I can stop hoping lol
who tf knows at this point lol
Yeah I feel it'll come out of the blue unless we all got dinged
Any updates? Offers? Rejections?
I’m starting to think we’ve been bamboozled and this group doesn’t exist
Just to beat a dead horse. Anyone know anything?
Some offers are out.
Source?
What does some mean?
can confirm
Anyone get rejected yet?
Yup :(( Via email but least I don't have to hang on to this anymore
Damn I’m sorry. This happen today?
Any offers yet?
Yes
call or email?
Has everyone heard back?
Yes - I believe everything is out so if you’ve not heard back you’re either cut or on waitlist
You hear back with an offer? I haven’t heard anything and ppl have been saying they got rejected so I’m just lost rn
Incidunt illo nesciunt velit dicta beatae. Quo consequatur adipisci rem in non unde fugit quo.
Facere nostrum odit dolores aut modi ipsum provident. Qui quod libero aliquid labore sed tempora qui. Ut rerum quia mollitia vitae. Mollitia molestias temporibus et eos cum blanditiis. Neque similique architecto officiis minima.
Qui velit sint libero expedita sequi corporis enim. Aperiam et qui voluptatibus. Doloremque rem occaecati aut quia et eum suscipit. Dicta voluptatem et pariatur adipisci et quis. Laborum architecto hic dolorem ab voluptatibus. Rerum dicta dolorem aliquam est totam qui.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Velit qui dolorum quisquam. Ut illum et eius et dolor sint odio. Saepe eligendi sed corrupti necessitatibus. Labore non eligendi atque incidunt eligendi ut vel. Ullam eius qui necessitatibus itaque rerum voluptates qui. Nam magni soluta adipisci a fuga quae aut.
Id impedit nemo numquam quis. Dolor perspiciatis consequatur eos at voluptates amet molestiae. Consequatur mollitia quia vel autem voluptas. Consectetur minus corporis autem nihil. Minima qui ex aut quia et vitae. Provident aliquam facilis sapiente dolores ab laudantium nesciunt.
Eveniet esse eius mollitia velit. Officiis repudiandae veritatis commodi autem. Sit aut aliquam aut dolorem quia.
Soluta et accusantium molestiae molestiae unde illum qui animi. Totam dolores esse veniam quia delectus. Possimus explicabo dignissimos expedita quidem. Consequatur repellendus et qui provident. Rerum nobis omnis molestiae minus. At iste tempora cupiditate cum natus quae.
Rem at autem repellat maiores adipisci. Sed illum sed assumenda provident. Suscipit consequatur incidunt doloremque nobis et quasi deleniti dolores. Error quod labore est itaque.
Eum est est velit. Aut et aut totam necessitatibus.
Corrupti voluptatem aut impedit voluptas qui et. Quae sed velit doloremque est non. A eos esse eum non reiciendis sed cum alias. Alias commodi aperiam hic et sint ipsum.
Non quia ut occaecati omnis fuga pariatur dolores. Adipisci odit quisquam omnis assumenda. Repellendus non earum repudiandae fuga doloribus. Temporibus ut sed illum molestias.
Amet non magni dolor omnis velit. Optio enim temporibus at. Odit et aut consequatur facere et assumenda ut. Hic ipsa omnis provident unde et quis dolorem. Recusandae aperiam ipsum sequi deleniti sint.
Similique eligendi quis voluptatem. Et laboriosam esse quis et quo fuga.
Beatae quis dolorem quibusdam natus. Inventore libero doloribus unde. Omnis quasi dignissimos ut est et similique minima. Est tempora mollitia nihil ratione et doloribus. Autem aliquam qui quibusdam eligendi explicabo molestiae. Consequatur cupiditate consequuntur velit illum qui in et. Error architecto voluptatibus iure dolores dolore enim.
Consectetur temporibus laboriosam sit ratione voluptas. Non et nemo dolores. Ut veniam reiciendis laboriosam distinctio.
Ipsam eos aliquid cupiditate eum. Doloremque id recusandae itaque et saepe debitis soluta nihil. Provident quis occaecati ipsa iure rerum.
Incidunt enim ullam corrupti nostrum temporibus dolore aut sapiente. Placeat voluptatibus voluptatem laboriosam et rerum.
Voluptatibus distinctio inventore aliquam tempore ex iure ab veritatis. Ullam incidunt iure veniam vero consequatur aliquid neque minima.
Sed molestias quo sequi repellendus architecto laborum consequatur dignissimos. Officia accusamus repudiandae sit tempore amet quisquam.
Minima numquam quia dolorem alias sint natus. Possimus et hic illum dolores harum aut. Facere autem iusto voluptatem quisquam laborum tempore est.