Wells Fargo SA 2020

Wells Fargo SA 2020 applications opened up today for IBD so I just wanted to get a thread going to stay up to date with the process. Does anyone have an idea of what the timeline is looking like, and whether they're sticking with phone interviews or using hirevues?

Good luck!

Comments (218)

Jul 16, 2019 - 12:19pm
MB34, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I interviewed back in May and it was a phone screen with a VP and Associate then superday. Not very hard technicals, very focused on why Wells and how you handle different situations

Jul 16, 2019 - 4:53pm
Sneaker-Head, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Not 100% sure how the process is going to work but I believe the online app is just for Non-target schools and it should be phone screen in August and then super day in September.

Jul 21, 2019 - 5:42pm
big dawg 5, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Wells Fargo is coming to my target campus in September. But it is a little strange that applications were only open for 3 days

Jul 24, 2019 - 9:47pm
DjDDsol, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Any update on applications? I can't seem to even apply for the 2020 SA program online. Even the FT 2020 program, which is open now, isn't showing up. Can someone provide a link please

Jul 26, 2019 - 7:29pm
Steeeeeeeeve, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Yes, I am at a non-target for Well Fargo and my contact reached out to me with the link. I think they did it this way intentionally to cut down the number of apps from people who haven't networked with anyone and just throw in an application.

• Anonymous Monkey's picture
  • Anonymous Monkey
Jul 26, 2019 - 7:43pm
Anonymous Monkey, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Yep - luckily I'd done some research so I knew it was open for only 3 days from July 12-15 and applied the day it opened. Probably to cut down the number of applications, like the other guy said.

Aug 5, 2019 - 3:09pm
___1234, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just got dinged for WF, however rising sophomore.

Assuming process is beginning to start if it hasn't already.

Aug 5, 2019 - 3:42pm
IBplz78, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Genuinely interested - did you do any networking at WF? And do you think that there is the possibility that they dinged you because they think that you are apt to accept at the same BB/another better firm?

Array

Aug 5, 2019 - 7:22pm
fordgt9743, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Anyone have a good answer to "Why Wells Fargo?" "Because you will give me an interview" is obviously a bad answer but is basically the truth. Should I just go for the "strong growth of IB and Securities side, heard good things about culture and learning opportunities...."

Aug 13, 2019 - 8:58pm
Chdind, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Had mine today, much like the S&T interview, very short and almost nothing technical. Seems odd, not sure what they're going to be deciding off of.

Aug 16, 2019 - 2:18pm
JPGoldmanStanleyMD420, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Had my first round this week. Just some basic HR / teamwork questions and then "how would you value a company" and "what statement would you choose" and "what if you could choose two". They were done with questions after 12-15 minutes.

Array

Aug 23, 2019 - 3:50pm
jimmy300, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Received final round invite just now - looks like they're flying candidates in for a networking dinner the night before interviews, with interview following the next day (9/20)

Aug 28, 2019 - 5:49pm
W.B. Mason, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Received WF IB Superday. Can confirm its on September 19 + 20 (networking event then interviews). Good luck to everyone!

Aug 28, 2019 - 11:24pm
Vy-Phan, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Does anyone know how much they are paying for this position (NY vs Charlotte) ?

Non-target, interned at Wells this summer, got a phone interview, haven't heard back for Superday

Aug 29, 2019 - 12:57pm

Wells took the approach of only having it open for three days this year. Likely to weed out those people (ie most people) who apply to every bank under the sun regardless of networking done with the firm. Makes it easier for WF, but it is unfortunate for people who were unaware of the application dates.

Array

Sep 4, 2019 - 6:27pm
ryan-donalds, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Do you have any idea when they would send out interview slots? mines in two weeks and not sure if/when they notify people if they got selected

Sep 12, 2019 - 1:31pm
buckeyes42, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Recruiter told me they might not have a sophomore program for IB next summer

Array
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
Sep 12, 2019 - 9:12pm

The program, if it exists, will only be for kids who went to the freshman diversity event. Previously it used to be a sophomore diversity event; now, the sophomore diversity event is for MO roles. Acceleration made it unrealistic to recruit sophomore SAs during sophomore spring for FO roles because other banks were doing junior FO recruiting at the same time.

Sep 14, 2019 - 3:09pm
JPGoldmanStanleyMD420, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I think they screwed up with their recruiting this year or something. I go to a semi target (but not for Wells) with a mediocre / decent GPA and got interviews for both IB and S&T with resume drops through their site (no networking of any sort). First rounds were insanely easy, and they actually called me directly four days after superday signup deadline and asked if I was going to attend. Seems kind of weird for such a large firm, maybe their super short app windows backfired on them.

Array

Sep 14, 2019 - 11:17pm

Same experience here. I'm not mad about it though haha

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Sep 14, 2019 - 11:40pm

haha yeah they tried to get ahead of "acceleration". sorry, but only JP/GS/BAML can generate interest starting in the fall.

Sep 15, 2019 - 12:07am
ryan-donalds, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I have an on-campus interview with them this upcoming week, anyone know if I should expect a lot of technicals?

Sep 17, 2019 - 3:59pm
mathguy, what's your opinion? Comment below:

i have second rounds in charlotte but they only have me there for 30 minutes on the 20th. It maybe a typo. Anyone know how many interviews per second round candidate they are scheduling

Sep 20, 2019 - 3:02am

My super day technicals were on par/even easier than the 1st round. A little bit more situational, but not much. Very surprised.

Array

Sep 20, 2019 - 12:00pm
burritobank2.0, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Lol, really? From what I understand (an analyst gave me some insight), they go directly off of a template and ask the same questions for each candidate. But I wonder why they make the questions so much easier than other banks.

Sep 20, 2019 - 12:08pm

My guess is that I went into a lot of depth on the basic questions that demonstrated a pretty good understanding of the concepts, and so I think because of that they may have just cut some of the technicals out. I also think that WF cares a lot more about fit which may explain that.

Array

Sep 20, 2019 - 7:47pm
BankingChimp2, what's your opinion? Comment below:

HR said in the next 3 - 5 days however, this differs from last year where offers were apparently extended only a handful of hours after the super day.

Most Helpful
Sep 23, 2019 - 11:34am
Whamm-O, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just received an update. WF has all of their target school offers expiring this week and HR is still working out the numbers on how many of us they'll take from this past Friday. Wouldn't shock me if we didn't hear until this Thursday or Friday. I'm sure everyone who gets offers will be called on the same day.

Sep 23, 2019 - 11:57pm
a_monkey_is_no_one, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Was this update from HR or one of your interviewers?

Array
Sep 23, 2019 - 5:54pm
8172264, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Yeah I received an update today as well with a 1-3 day timeline for offers.

Array
Sep 23, 2019 - 8:54pm
mghtyluv4141, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Who was the update from @Whamm-O" @MJ8172264"

Array
Sep 23, 2019 - 11:58pm

It would matter to an extent, he/she was asking if the update came from a banker or HR

Array
  • Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 24, 2019 - 1:57am

Superday last Wednesday in SF, got an offer later on that same day.

Sep 25, 2019 - 8:21pm
EarnedKibbles A1, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Target school, 3.5 GPA with an Econ/Math double major, no networking, just received my offer. Overall, the process was quite interesting. The first interview was a 30 minute phone screen and the second interview was 20 minute behavioral/"what would you do in this situation." Everything people in this forum have said about Wells caring a lot about the person seems true. Good luck everyone

Sep 26, 2019 - 7:03pm
Whamm-O, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Not yet it looks like. HR must be absolutely scrambling because they originally targeted Monday or Tuesday to let us know and @EarnedKibbles" is target and just got his offer last night. Guessing that'll mean more offers for us hopefully.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 26, 2019 - 10:34pm

that's quite a stretch to assume more offers for non-targets... my thinking is everyone is being pushed back and non-target offers don't go out until next week

Sep 28, 2019 - 8:11am
8172264, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Odd that offers were given out because I received the same email saying they were going to START giving offers out by end of next week. I have still yet to hear anything. I wonder if all offers have been given out for 9/20 process or if they are still waiting to see who accepts from target schools and will continue with others next week.

Array
Sep 27, 2019 - 4:26pm

email or call?

Array

Sep 27, 2019 - 9:47pm

Has anyone received an email yet or have they all just been phone calls? I just no longer have access to the phone number on record

Array

Sep 29, 2019 - 6:14am

Yes and yes

Array

Sep 30, 2019 - 9:06pm

So for those of us who have not heard back yet, are we toast?

Array
  • Intern in IB-M&A
Oct 1, 2019 - 1:34am

Could be people who listed outstanding offers or upcoming decision deadlines that were notified on Friday. Can anyone who already received an offer speak to this?

Oct 1, 2019 - 10:54am

Goddamn, that's a lot of you and this is probably a smallish sample. Has anyone been rejected yet? Haven't heard anything and now I'm freaking out a bit haha

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 1, 2019 - 1:09pm

Guessing there's going to be very limited spots unless the target school guys have already accepted elsewhere.

Oct 1, 2019 - 1:23pm

Has anyone not heard anything yet?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 1, 2019 - 1:35pm

If you didn't receive the waitlist email this morning it'll most likely be a no-offer

Oct 1, 2019 - 1:51pm

Thank you for your super insightful comment!

Array

• Intern in ER
Oct 3, 2019 - 11:03am

Anyone know how they could possibly be ranking the waitlist if they interviewed in groups of 5? Maybe top person in the group got offered and 2nd is "on hold"? How do they compare across different interview pools?

Oct 8, 2019 - 2:46am
TREBITDA, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I still haven't heard anything and am on the waitlist, but if it makes anyone feel better, my friend and I both declined spots with Wells. So at least that's another two spots for you guys. Best of luck

Array

Oct 8, 2019 - 1:28pm
Noncompliance101, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Chances are low of getting off of the waitlist are low. Source: someone at the bank.

I know it's not the news a lot of us were looking for. The person said acceptance rates this year were higher for some reason.

Oct 8, 2019 - 1:41pm
TREBITDA, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I also heard the same thing after some final correspondence with people at WFS. They had a lot of great non-target candidates but had to give priority to the target students.

TLDR: Probably not much mobility in regards to waitlist positioning.

Array

Oct 8, 2019 - 10:35pm
GoldmanFacts, what's your opinion? Comment below:

How many people do you think they will expect to take from the waitlist?

Oct 15, 2019 - 1:05am

Sorry for the news, but the spots are completely full. I was told by a VP and an associate that they would let me know if anyone renages after the placement day. They both had some less than choice words regarding HR. "The decision was made by fucking idiots who have power in the recruiting process and those people shouldn't have any power." - the associate

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 9, 2019 - 6:03pm

For people who got offers or know anything about this, does WF drug test or make their offers contingent on a drug test?

Oct 11, 2019 - 3:02am
Richard-Singar, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Veritatis dolores impedit ea hic accusamus. Expedita et in quidem aut. Porro ea reiciendis consectetur quia sed. Sunt cumque quaerat reiciendis iure rem modi et. Aliquid in necessitatibus totam fuga ut. Iusto eligendi accusantium iusto laborum quas qui.

Est aut aut inventore non. Est numquam laboriosam nihil commodi assumenda.

Sit eligendi consequatur delectus est. Commodi omnis reiciendis vitae fuga facere illo. Cumque aut ducimus est accusantium. Facilis tempora error ullam odio. Nulla voluptas qui dolore unde. Illo dolore commodi beatae dolore.

Reiciendis modi molestias corrupti nemo enim nihil voluptatibus. In illum molestias ad omnis dolores voluptatibus ut minima. Aspernatur cumque est est minus et quia deleniti minima. Quod quo sed et quod praesentium neque nihil optio.

Oct 15, 2019 - 12:18pm
beeezy, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Aliquam iste quae enim inventore debitis nostrum et vel. Quam quis nesciunt harum impedit facere. Corrupti delectus possimus et architecto nam.

Aut ipsa voluptates quisquam quisquam sit rerum aut. Voluptatem eius nihil ut iure. Ea sit voluptatem ipsa officiis. Illum ad autem vitae odio. Eligendi reiciendis voluptate hic molestiae illo ut.

Reiciendis harum asperiores id tempora rerum. Et illo modi repudiandae qui nemo natus voluptas reprehenderit. Quia nulla illo suscipit perferendis ex id quaerat.

Oct 17, 2019 - 6:56am
goingcorporate1998, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Autem occaecati ullam neque non doloremque et. Quis ea dolore occaecati aliquid nesciunt. Omnis placeat et sit quis. Laborum porro et quia vel ab repellat ipsum.

Fugit minus natus velit sit cum. Est vel consequatur nostrum delectus. Dolores et animi ducimus explicabo. Pariatur ab ut excepturi sit incidunt.

Quasi quia natus voluptates voluptas natus. Adipisci tempore suscipit vel qui. Neque quis quibusdam assumenda. Animi sed dolores reprehenderit soluta beatae qui consectetur. Excepturi at numquam nemo quod. Sit dolor est nihil in nisi fugit rerum impedit. Voluptates libero a dignissimos odio rerum.

Oct 17, 2019 - 3:35pm
Tomatoarmy, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Accusamus rerum deserunt magni cum. Incidunt deserunt porro aliquid ut.

Consequuntur fugiat ut voluptatibus et maiores animi. Corporis earum quia laboriosam ab. Et quasi qui sit dolorem veritatis voluptate qui cum. Cumque officiis expedita ea aliquam expedita. Et eligendi quia vero ea. Et ut laudantium dicta quaerat voluptatem ut.

Oct 21, 2019 - 1:50pm
LevFinHardo, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Praesentium impedit quis voluptatem in eaque voluptas quia. Architecto repudiandae quisquam aliquid. Libero saepe ab doloremque suscipit nisi accusantium. Nulla enim et voluptatum quaerat similique voluptates. Nihil libero neque nisi labore ut. Dolor culpa voluptatum temporibus qui.

Est a omnis necessitatibus ut omnis sit occaecati. Iste qui voluptate cumque reiciendis. Ducimus libero quia autem consectetur officiis ut dignissimos. Ratione ipsum aliquid sequi. Aliquam alias magnam incidunt.

Oct 30, 2019 - 2:37pm
5cents55, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Consequatur aut commodi impedit dolorem quibusdam voluptas beatae assumenda. Sed et adipisci enim tempore error aspernatur exercitationem.

Dolorem blanditiis molestiae aut nesciunt non. Et velit eveniet qui voluptas doloribus numquam consequatur. Recusandae ut culpa eveniet adipisci dolor. Officiis accusamus quis sit.

Nov 3, 2019 - 1:31am
FinanceGrad2021, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Sed nobis unde nobis repellat nam saepe id nihil. Est itaque consequatur sint autem.

Incidunt natus dolore saepe enim nam et. In expedita in quia nesciunt voluptatum voluptates. Fugiat sint expedita explicabo.

Similique ut consequatur necessitatibus sit et harum explicabo. Aut nam quaerat sint eum autem quia aut. Omnis facere quia dolor sed ut.

Et totam possimus voluptas. Sapiente expedita in est et expedita quibusdam et. Et modi amet delectus omnis. Praesentium error nostrum dolores quidem nihil repellat beatae soluta.

Nov 11, 2019 - 11:18am
weeklongrun21, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Voluptatum hic dolorum qui reiciendis reprehenderit dolorem. Eum dolorem qui voluptatum ad voluptatibus consequatur dolorum. Minima voluptatem quae expedita maxime. Officia deserunt quisquam vero quia totam quae ipsam.

Non error dolores autem cupiditate eligendi fuga itaque. Ducimus placeat corrupti deserunt dolor non.

Eaque voluptas at consequuntur voluptatem. Voluptatem aut repudiandae voluptatum voluptatem et illum ex illum.

Aut est minima sed. A dolor tempore eum ea. Possimus ut molestias consectetur et expedita adipisci qui. Ut molestiae soluta eius quia et.

Nov 1, 2019 - 9:06pm
ZacHH, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Libero qui ipsum consequuntur sed dolore sed at. Qui ab soluta iusto similique dicta sit. Laborum ratione non tempore doloremque. Perspiciatis explicabo magnam aliquam minima ea aut. Consectetur aliquam consequuntur omnis ducimus.

Saepe hic ut eius doloribus quia ut. Quibusdam debitis alias quam enim. Accusamus voluptas soluta ut unde illum.

Array
Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲05) 99.6%
  • Lincoln International (= =) 99.2%
  • Bank of America Merrill Lynch (▲04) 98.9%
  • Financial Technology Partners (+ +) 98.5%
  • Evercore (▽02) 98.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲12) 99.6%