2015 FT Recruiting Mega Thread

Applications for full-time analyst positions at the following firms are now open unless otherwise stated. Get after it, monkeys! See you on the Street ;)

Front-office IBD, S&T and/or Research
Deutsche Bank
Evercore (superday scheduled for 8/8)
Lazard
Lazard Middle Market
Wells Fargo (Application was available 7/23. Appears to have been temporarily delisted)
Perella Weinberg Partners (Applications under review as of August 5)

Lincoln International (Application always available. Deadline unknown)
Goldman Sachs (Applications closed 7/27)
Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) (Application available 8/15—10/31)
Evercore (Applications closed 7/31)
Credit Suisse (Non-US offices only)
Duff & Phelps
UBS
Citi
Citizens Bank Capital Markets
Houlihan Lokey
AllianceBernstein
Jefferies (Accelerated interviews week of 8/17)

Management Consulting
Booz Allen Hamilton
Bain
Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
McKinsey

corporate finance
General Electric FMP (OCR resume drop runs 8/15–10/2)
Cargill
ConocoPhillips

More info on its way...

PWPartners' career page says "For all other schools, please visit this page at a later date for application deadlines. At this time, we have completed recruiting for our 2014 full-time and summer intern classes." I dont think it's open yet....

Experienced ("lateral") hire usually refers to a candidate looking to switch from one bank to the next but stay within the same role (i.e. IBD at UBS --> IBD at GS). I'm not covering lateral hiring in this thread. In the case you described (recent college grad looking to get into banking for the first time) these are the right applications to submit.

I'll be completing a rotational program at one of the major custody banks (State Street, BNYM, Northern Trust, etc.) Will these still be the right applications for me to submit? I'd have 1-2 years experience but still "new" to any of these roles.

Best Response

Do you guys really think applying as soon as these job postings are released increases your chances? I've never met someone who got an outright interview (let alone offer) by simply submitting an application online. In my experience, applying online has always been a formality after networking and setting up meetings with people who actually work at the bank. I would worry more about creating a connection with people who can physically hand your resume to HR rather than submitting it to a dark pool of probably thousands of others. Just my .02

Is this true in all regions? I'm in London and whilst networking is universal, online applications seem the way to apply here. I have friends who have FT and they all did it via online applications. Most were summer interns though and that does seem to be the way most are hiring the majority of FT but still.

I do't know if it's mainly an American thing where networking matters so much. It can help, but seems very structured here in London with applying online and going from there. I may be wrong though, interested in what others think.

I'm in London as well and it's definitely much more structured here. Online applications are nearly universal, and even if you know people inside the firm they will ask you to sign up online before they can help push your application in any minute way. Networking is still heavily encouraged, but it is definitely less important than the States.

Some may think this is more egalitarian, but I can't help but think I'm wasting my time collecting name cards at networking events twice a week. (I'm a student at the school with the most of such events, no prizes for guessing)

As for SA conversions versus FT recruiting, the BB definitely take in a lot of interns, though each bank has a different conversion rate. For instance I know CS hires much less FT than conversions. That said it is still worth applying for FT, though they may be harder and more competitive. Try the MMs and boutiques if you didn't get an SA return offer to widen your net.

streetman101:

Do you guys really think applying as soon as these job postings are released increases your chances? I've never met someone who got an outright interview (let alone offer) by simply submitting an application online. In my experience, applying online has always been a formality after networking and setting up meetings with people who actually work at the bank. I would worry more about creating a connection with people who can physically hand your resume to HR rather than submitting it to a dark pool of probably thousands of others. Just my .02

I got my job through a cold online application, and received probably ~10 other interviews. Although, these were for non-BB banks.

streetman101:

Not true at all for SA, could be different for FT. Got interviews at a bunch of firms including Goldman at some places by just applying online.

Lincoln has some serious momentum right now and it doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. They completed 130 deals in 2013, up 11% from 2012 and were voted bank of the year by themiddlemarket.com. They're planning on opening 3 new offices in South Africa, Dubai and Singapore within the next few years. They're also the only company I can think of that posts a link on their website to their Glassdoor profile - nothing but good reviews on there. Very, very solid middle market player.

Good friend of mine from home works in their Chicago office. He loves it and apparently a good deal of analysts stay after 2 years or even come back after getting an MBA. I think they just have two other offices in the US (New York & LA), and they're much smaller than Chicago. The Chicago office also has solid placement in local PE firms.

I received an invitation e-mail directly from a person that is in charge of IBD Campus Recruiting. And here's what he/she said when I asked if there is any other process.

"Thank you for your inquiry. This is the only full time recruiting process (application due by 7/28) for IBD at Goldman! This is the only process for full time."

libo000:

I received an invitation e-mail directly from a person that is in charge of IBD Campus Recruiting. And here's what he/she said when I asked if there is any other process.

"Thank you for your inquiry. This is the only full time recruiting process (application due by 7/28) for IBD at Goldman! This is the only process for full time."

Sounds sketch (never seen a recruiter speak so informally with "IBD" and "Goldman" and all), but okay.
Currently: future neurologist, current psychotherapist Previously: investor relations (top consulting firm), M&A consulting (Big 4), M&A banking (MM)

Sorry for the confusion. I will just paste the original invitation e-mail I received. I actually said 28th above, but it was 27th

Hello-

We hope this email finds you well and you are enjoying your summer so far. We are reaching out to invite you to apply for full time opportunities within the Investment Banking Division at Goldman Sachs. To express your interest, please submit your application on our careers site at www.goldmansachs.com/careers. Please note that the deadline to apply is Sunday, July 27. If you are selected for an interview, a member of our recruiting team will reach out to you directly in mid to late August

As a non-target, the only cold online FT app that landed me an interview with a good firm was when I had a perfect fit for the job. Think like apple wanting a smartwatch developer and I was the kid the worked with google developing smartwatches....

These are black holes...

turtles:

What are you saying?

Implying that if we were ideal candidates, we would have already been in the know about FT recruiting?
Currently: future neurologist, current psychotherapist Previously: investor relations (top consulting firm), M&A consulting (Big 4), M&A banking (MM)

For anyone who's aware of London/UK situation, is there even much point in applying for FT? Seems they're all filled by SAs or one/two spots left by people with offers shopping around.

jm5:

Does anyone know about the JP Morgan FT deadline? Does not appear to be open yet since no analyst positions are listed online, but I talked to someone internally who seemed to think everyone had submitted their materials. Thanks.

Also interested in this; hearing mixed signals from friends in the industry vs. career center vs. what's online. OCR doesn't even begin until September, so a lot of the "recruiting is already wrapped up ggnore" posts are confusing. I should hope that the banks aren't soliciting 100% of their class from SA, otherwise I missed that boat :(

chicandtoughness:
jm5:

Does anyone know about the JP Morgan FT deadline? Does not appear to be open yet since no analyst positions are listed online, but I talked to someone internally who seemed to think everyone had submitted their materials. Thanks.

Also interested in this; hearing mixed signals from friends in the industry vs. career center vs. what's online.
OCR doesn't even begin until September, so a lot of the "recruiting is already wrapped up ggnore" posts are confusing. I should hope that the banks aren't soliciting 100% of their class from SA, otherwise I missed that boat :(

same here, not sure whether to go with this or ocr postings. I'm currently interning out of country so it's a problem if they're interviewing before I get done. company I'm working at now gives out internship full time offers in november...

Yay, didn't get return offer. I'll keep telling myself I was going to recruit full time anyway and not just take the offer and rage senior year...

"I did it for me...I liked it...I was good at it. And I was really... I was alive."

Powa23:

Evercore is Friday to next Tues first round, if you didn't get a notification last week you are out of the process.

Depends on your region, doesn't it? OCR at both my current school and my undergraduate alma mater just opened for Evcore. Unless you were talking about Assoc/Exp Analyst recruiting.

Apparently Lincoln starts reviewing after Labor Day weekend (either that or they get back to you right after Labor Day weekend...either way, the app is basically open for 3 more weeks)

Greenhill is more or less even done. If you are currently not interviewing, you probably won't for this year.

"I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature."

Applied for position on company website and OCR. Got the rejection from company website before OCR resume drops even closed. FML.

So... how viable is FT recruiting at this point?

I know there'll always be a few spots but aren't they pretty much all filled by SAs? I'm applying but not feeling ultra optimistic about it.

I Do Even:

So... how viable is FT recruiting at this point?

I know there'll always be a few spots but aren't they pretty much all filled by SAs? I'm applying but not feeling ultra optimistic about it.

Network your ass off. Still viable. Maybe not high-demand offices like NYC, but regional offices are very viable. Just got a few interviews from places that people said were closed/done already :P

look guys, if GS has one of the worst conversion rates on the street, how the heck did they put together a complete analyst class by mid august? DB only ended 8/15, so I'm sure there were people interviewing with GS who didn't get an offer. Did GS give offer-contingent offers? Last year they recruited FT in October. Someone tell us what's going on haha

There's no coincidence. Only consequence. Where others see chance, I see cost. —The Merovingian Life is binary. —Marty Chavez Having lots of garbage is a good sign. But all lies rise to the top.

In your opinion, do you guys think it matters much if you apply now or in a few weeks?

I'm currently doing an internship and have another 2 weeks to go, so don't have too much time to apply. I can work a bit on it every day but easier just to be 100% focused on applications than spreading it out a lot (what I found personally last time I applied).

Most have just opened now in Europe (from what I gather), but it is rolling-basis for many.

Do a lot of places not look into hiring full-time until they know what is going on with their interns? Ideally a lot of places want to just hire from their intern class, but I know that doesn't always happen (doesn't usually happen?). Variability of this process is driving me nuts!

I'm curious about this too. Obviously they want to take from summer pool, so do they only take FTs who are near-godly levels (but somehow didn't do SA or are shopping their offer from another summer internship)?

Curious because you'd imagine a 10 week internship is far better than a few hours to see if that person would be good to work with etc. and so they'd probably need to be REALLY convinced you're awesome just based on a few interviews.

My interpretation is that they take as many as they can from their SA pool (most have extremely high offer rates) and that the FT hiring is mainly for people shopping their SA offers from other firms. I've run across people on LinkedIn who didn't do an IBD SA stint their junior summer but it is quite rare and their experience was typically at a very well known/respected company.

For people losing hope, my firm's offer acceptance deadline isn't until early October and friends at other firms have said very similar dates so I imagine there will be more spots opening up then, once the firms know what their actual needs are. I can't stress networking enough though, because spots will definitely be limited nonetheless

Yes, unfortunately I think that's exactly the case.

But, yes, no reason to lose hope. Let's hope it works out. I'm a bit frustrated as I'm doing a summer internship at the moment but they're not hiring at all. I did quite well though and got rather positive feedback which makes it worse. I feel like if I wasn't at a MM and was at a BB then I'd probably have got an offer. Ah well, keep hustling I guess.

It's not always the case with BB especially if you're in coverage where I heard the offer rates are quite low for t

When luck shuts the door you gotta come in through the window - Doyle Brunson

is anyone from here familiar with the recruiting process for banking in London? I heard that it does not rely on networking as much as in the US. Can someone with experience verify that? Thankss

vernge01:

How late into the year do most MMs/Boutiques hire?

Varies by bank and city. I know some MMs/boutiques who were doing FT interviews as late as March. Others are done by end of October.

Dasch:

What about DB S&T?

If you have to ask, it's probably in progress / done. Missed the boat, dude.

Laudantium dicta repudiandae et nobis non consequuntur. Maiores voluptatem sit culpa. Et nihil adipisci ipsam et quos veniam amet.

Qui quis ab tempore beatae. Et voluptates et est expedita. Temporibus tempore eos excepturi qui itaque veniam. Tempore sit libero cumque rerum consequuntur repellendus. Et vitae voluptas fuga cum commodi sapiente quaerat.

Atque natus ex eos corporis animi esse. Ut quos voluptate dolorum cumque sint adipisci laborum. Natus et quis harum nostrum. Expedita reiciendis ipsam maxime. Eum nihil dolorem aut. Et eius cupiditate reprehenderit. Voluptates natus sit laborum esse aut qui.

Est recusandae asperiores excepturi itaque suscipit qui. Accusamus voluptatibus quibusdam quidem. Qui et illo eum rerum et autem.

Inventore fuga rem velit. Molestiae eum minima enim sapiente enim.

Quam aliquid exercitationem laborum magnam minus harum minima. Optio cupiditate rerum explicabo dolorem sed minima.

Ut nulla voluptatibus minus dolores deserunt. Voluptatem natus voluptatem consectetur suscipit. Qui accusantium dolore quasi numquam hic consequatur.

Voluptates distinctio quisquam sunt qui rerum quo qui. Totam ullam cum omnis omnis sunt qui eaque. Eum non aperiam adipisci nulla recusandae id. Praesentium in dolore veniam nihil repudiandae est neque. Voluptas itaque vero illum animi. Ex ducimus dolores velit quidem ipsam fugiat tenetur occaecati.

Et quam eveniet placeat nulla. Aut dolor quod voluptate laboriosam vel. Non quo ea voluptatum earum culpa.

Nihil enim dolorem voluptatum fuga est praesentium eligendi. Voluptatem laboriosam nihil itaque quas omnis. Enim esse ipsum ab quasi ratione voluptas.

Assumenda ipsum voluptatem et quos repellat adipisci. Modi saepe possimus minima vel inventore. Architecto corrupti quae laudantium quae. Cumque porro sed magnam consectetur omnis. Accusamus reiciendis laboriosam eos.

Odio iure harum explicabo aliquid eligendi nulla non. Ad praesentium molestiae consequatur fuga esse id animi.

Praesentium laborum ad sint voluptatem asperiores. Et tempore architecto eius minima et distinctio quis autem. Et quis recusandae quia.

Ratione ea et unde fugit. Nobis ut officia autem voluptates quis perferendis. Voluptatem recusandae eum vitae incidunt omnis accusantium consequatur. Minus molestiae qui ut aperiam iusto rerum quaerat. Dolores eos impedit aliquid officiis.

Sed voluptatibus quam alias ipsa nemo ut. Quidem ut excepturi delectus modi. Et occaecati itaque iure fugit. Reiciendis maiores non commodi fugiat.

Est cupiditate nostrum vel iusto provident quo et. Sunt sed nulla ullam perferendis eveniet. Repellat architecto ut quia laudantium. Quia est ea sed expedita sed inventore quas.

Natus facere delectus corrupti mollitia. Tempore ut sed quidem ut autem sint. Eaque et ratione placeat veritatis.

Ut ea facilis numquam ipsum sed. Qui debitis quidem qui eveniet quis consequatur quisquam. Sint dolore sed atque nobis optio et. Doloribus quasi nesciunt sed ut repellat.

Nulla praesentium nobis et quo. Quia fugiat quaerat minima voluptatem adipisci placeat dolor. Laborum in nisi ut reprehenderit. Molestiae at velit qui laborum.

Accusantium nemo soluta debitis itaque sunt sapiente. Ea sit accusantium corrupti delectus. Est sunt sit quia est. Et ipsum possimus placeat ea culpa. Accusamus beatae voluptatibus blanditiis quia.

Qui possimus assumenda itaque consequatur ipsum sed nulla. Id non qui odit explicabo. Quos cum voluptatem accusamus debitis quam nam. Harum quod est consectetur magni aut.

Asperiores molestiae natus voluptatem numquam dolores. Ut aut cupiditate delectus eligendi ipsum quod praesentium. Qui et velit quis et optio non.

Ducimus quia recusandae omnis laborum omnis. Error ullam cumque nostrum adipisci. Totam eveniet atque rerum aut sed aut. Quasi ducimus ducimus nihil quidem.

Rerum velit est id deleniti quasi. Quaerat velit in qui atque dolores. Voluptas quod ullam ut odio nesciunt velit aut corporis.

If you fall down, make sure you get back up with a vengeance!

Earum dolorem doloribus consequatur rem iusto necessitatibus. Et ratione laudantium in et vel reiciendis velit. Rerum deserunt aspernatur voluptatem. Saepe eius et possimus voluptates enim.

Consequuntur asperiores et rem consectetur magni corrupti sint. Et reprehenderit odio quam voluptatem. Distinctio dolor sunt maiores ad tempore maxime. Et ipsam eos non iure quas voluptas cumque. Ipsam voluptas modi sed et. Non nostrum illo et aut.

Et quidem ea et provident iusto asperiores. Earum numquam quo iste ut. Facilis vel molestiae laborum at.

Est asperiores corrupti tenetur delectus qui praesentium doloremque. Veniam sit dolore perferendis fugiat cum nisi. Est nihil tenetur placeat dolorum harum magni quo. Est reiciendis dolores sit laborum.

Ut aut rerum voluptatem et quia iure et distinctio. Est exercitationem illo cumque officiis aut ut. Aut ratione porro adipisci dolor quia vel facere. Perferendis vel ex tempore quisquam eaque commodi id nostrum.

Quisquam qui laboriosam maxime suscipit enim temporibus sit. Aut ut nulla eum occaecati ab non.

Minima eius nam consequatur sit. Soluta itaque reprehenderit beatae sunt distinctio beatae.

Veritatis alias est saepe. Qui vero natus officiis nisi dolores aut. Molestias quae veritatis excepturi ipsa.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”