2022 INVESTMENT BANKING FULL-TIME RECRUITING THREAD

Haven't seen a thread entirely dedicated to keeping each other posted on full-time opportunities. So far I've seen openings for JPM and Qatalyst, assuming there will be a few more in the coming months and some in fall. Feel free to throw what you know on the discussion regarding timeline or openings

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (368)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Analyst 1 in IB - Cov
Jun 27, 2021 - 6:14pm

When do most interviews happen for FT? I imagine August - September?

Jun 28, 2021 - 2:56pm

Worked in IB summer 2019 (got return) and FT recruited for 2020 roles. Interviews/soft-networking phone calls happen throughout the summer with unofficial first-rounds happening in the end of July, beginning of Aug. If you are not in the "process" with a group at the end of July, you likely aren't going to get the lateral offer. 

Superday schedules depend on if the group you are trying to lateral to has open spots or is waiting to see if their kids will accept the returns and come back. If the former, interviews happen the week after the internship ends with FT offers signed by week end (2nd week of Aug). If the latter, superdays likely drag on 2-3 weeks towards the end of Aug which will force you to renege, decline your return offer, or accept your return offer if you aren't confident.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jun 28, 2021 - 3:59pm

I haven't heard anything after submitting Pymetrics & Hirevue four days ago. Btw I never heard anything at all from JPM after submitting those things for SA last year either

• Intern in IB - Cov
Jun 28, 2021 - 5:03pm

Shouldn't be leaking this, but expect EVR to hire a healthy amount for fulltime. I'll post the timeline here when I know for sure what it is. Network now though

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jun 28, 2021 - 5:14pm

Huge thanks for sharing. Why such a healthy amount/is that just for industrials?

• Analyst 2 in IB - Cov
Jul 2, 2021 - 10:48am

I would honestly expect another hiring wave in 6-8 months too.  I think a lot of banks are going to re evaluate mid year and realize that they need more bodies.  

• Intern in IB - Cov
Jun 28, 2021 - 5:10pm

What is everyone's thoughts on return offer rates across the street? I'm taking my offer if I convert 100%

Most Helpful
  • Intern in IB-M&A
Jun 30, 2021 - 1:08am

Thought I would say this here but for anyone willing to consider it, definitely try to get a shot or two at Energy IB groups. Most of the groups under-hired last year due to the effects of the pandemic on O&G and have been swimming in deal flow due to the pick up in corporate M&A, as well as A&D [which, btw, has been on a tear recently]. As an anecdote, my group is looking to roughly double the class size. 

Most of you don't want anything to do with energy and that's fine but I believe Energy IB might be one of the few places to have an outsized FT opportunity. Just my 2c. 

• Intern in IB - Cov
Aug 7, 2021 - 1:41pm

Hey, did some work in Power/Energy this summer and interested in O&G. Do you know what the timeline is looking like for your group?

Jun 30, 2021 - 12:44pm

I would tend to agree. If you have no banking experience for FT recruiting you probably should look into Big 4 or something else to get in. 

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jun 30, 2021 - 7:21pm

Talked w/ associate there yesterday, he explicitly told me analysts "can bank on working basically from 9am-2am every day" during their 2-year stint. Seems like a cool place w/ interesting clients and large deals, but it's rough for juniors

• Analyst 1 in IB - Cov
Jul 7, 2021 - 4:40pm

A friend of mine is in the interview process with FTP for Jan 2021. I would suggest to apply ASAP. Sweatshop for sure. FT is hiring a ton this year, either strong deal flow or reduce pressure for juniors. 

• Intern in S&T - FI
Jul 1, 2021 - 7:49am

is it possible to go from European bank ST to an American bank IB during FT  (Non target as well)

Jul 1, 2021 - 2:29pm

Anyone has any idea on the ft Associate recruiting time line? Or any inside scoop? Im a sell side M&A summer intern at Utilities/renewables but really interested in Industrials as well.

Thank you!

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 1, 2021 - 5:59pm

What do people think about lateraling from a boutique/MM to a BB for FT analyst next year? I know usually the BB kids just shuffle around, is it a waste for a boutique/MM person to apply to BBs?

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Jul 4, 2021 - 9:21am

Doesnt hurt to try. Youll be competing with people at other BBs, but doesnt mean you cant get an offer. You likely wont get a top group, but if youre not picky it's definitely possible 

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jul 2, 2021 - 12:14am

If I'm still in the middle of my SA stint at another large bank, can it leak out in any way that I applied for FT positions at other banks? Don't want my chances of a return offer to get screwed but I also don't want to miss out on opps.

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Jul 4, 2021 - 9:18am

For sure. The question is whether they care or not. If my buddy at a different bank saw an application from someone at my bank, they'd definitely tell me. I personally wouldnt care though, but others might

Jul 15, 2021 - 10:16pm

Hi, I'm a Vietnamese graduating from a non-target university in the US with 1+ years experience working in M&A investment banking boutique in Vietnam. I plan to apply for a Singaporean investment banking position in 1 year (so totally 2+ years working experience in IB Vietnam). I am taking the first steps in prepping myself for the Singapore application. Can you help guide me through the steps I need to take to prepare for such applications? What would be my chances of getting accepted? What would be my angles of breaking into SG IB? I see most of the comments are regarding fresh grad applying but not so much about 2+ year-Vietnam-IB Analyst making the jump to SG. Thank you very much!

Jul 19, 2021 - 10:55pm

haven't gotten it either

Array
  • Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 21, 2021 - 9:24am

Haven't submitted my application to JPM yet... Does it matter when I do? Looks like the deadline isn't for awhile. 

• Intern in IB - Cov
Jul 21, 2021 - 12:38pm

I would submit asap...no real benefits to waiting, but could be risks imo. Adding in any intern experience bullets won't do much to move you forward past screening tbh

• Intern in RE - Comm
Sep 9, 2021 - 6:35pm

BMO just put up apps on campus handshake. HL is currently recruiting for valuation and RX, but idk timeline

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Jul 21, 2021 - 6:23pm

OP here, to clarify I was asking if anyone has received a hirevue yet/when they might go out

Jul 25, 2021 - 6:10pm

Following. I applied for GS Global Investment Research, Barclays ER, and PWP IB. Any updates on these are appreciated

Go ahead and JUMP!

Jul 29, 2021 - 12:56am

Nihil sit est ab laborum nemo. Itaque et itaque et quidem debitis ea deserunt. Eum officia soluta voluptatem impedit nam reprehenderit sapiente nisi. Dignissimos modi nesciunt ipsum sunt et.

Recusandae doloremque saepe doloremque sit repellat laudantium aspernatur. In suscipit facilis nulla impedit exercitationem necessitatibus. Molestiae enim officiis veritatis itaque quos. Odit libero quaerat nihil dolorem quasi. Et velit consequuntur aut itaque.

Eaque voluptas tempore reiciendis explicabo totam est ut. Reiciendis sit nobis repellat dolore et. A quis nihil corporis minima. Id ut laborum hic nemo minus molestiae accusantium. Debitis hic architecto ut modi a modi fugit.

Jul 29, 2021 - 1:22pm

Aut ratione doloremque quo nostrum corporis laborum. Ducimus et dolorem eveniet voluptate. Qui consequuntur fuga cumque culpa odit doloribus. Sapiente sit cum et ut sit dolore.

Optio dolores nobis enim qui quod perferendis. Quia omnis rerum occaecati necessitatibus optio. Qui porro voluptate dolores veniam aliquam. Qui impedit exercitationem cupiditate aut amet.

Impedit id aut maiores rerum magnam veniam sit similique. Veniam quia expedita quae a id quas quae occaecati. Ut aut aut accusamus voluptatem odio. Officiis rerum voluptates distinctio ut recusandae officiis repudiandae nesciunt.

Jul 29, 2021 - 1:23pm

Itaque non quam ut ut et cum. Rerum consectetur ab sequi. Minima laboriosam minus eos quia ut.

Et est harum beatae quae ipsa atque. Nemo eius fuga aut aut. Nesciunt accusamus at delectus sint fuga. Error quidem minus illum sit consequatur ipsam quo. Ad in labore illum quisquam.

Qui qui rerum minus animi. Laboriosam ut natus ut ut labore. Qui cum asperiores ratione doloremque accusantium laboriosam minima.

Jul 29, 2021 - 4:25pm

Voluptas repudiandae rem adipisci ratione. Quidem sequi et dolor et quia dolor omnis. Inventore soluta velit porro odio quae natus numquam. Fugit est non tempora deleniti tempore eos doloremque. Fugit rem quam vel eos sint.

Suscipit mollitia voluptatum voluptatem nesciunt debitis ipsam. Necessitatibus rerum laudantium et quia dolorem magnam consectetur. Culpa ipsa eligendi et eos. Blanditiis est repellat libero recusandae autem adipisci.

Earum velit quo voluptas omnis in mollitia voluptatem omnis. Aut non recusandae ut ex blanditiis. Similique nemo hic ut. Recusandae ut nulla nihil sit. Suscipit deserunt architecto consequatur eos modi non distinctio. Ut nam facilis aperiam quaerat hic minus.

Jul 30, 2021 - 11:51am

Recusandae vero aliquam iure et quis. Nisi consectetur similique et consequatur. Nisi aut rerum qui. Nesciunt perferendis dolores explicabo consequuntur optio adipisci.

Consequuntur repellat officiis et ab odit consectetur. Vero quod quibusdam consequatur in expedita tempore. Accusantium nulla exercitationem eaque necessitatibus reprehenderit voluptatem. Tempora id ipsam eos dignissimos reprehenderit. Iure velit nemo debitis quos impedit sequi libero.

Impedit harum architecto non soluta et. Nobis non est sit mollitia perferendis explicabo vero. Expedita et voluptates inventore vel deleniti consequuntur dolorem. Doloremque accusamus placeat totam voluptas nobis quae ut. Sit molestiae porro necessitatibus atque beatae et aut quisquam.

Jul 30, 2021 - 12:12pm

Eius pariatur maiores ratione voluptatem perspiciatis veniam. Dolore et natus qui expedita impedit. Et tempora error dolorem magnam quisquam et consequatur numquam.

Et numquam nobis ipsa odio. Quia fuga molestias enim soluta. Rerum natus cupiditate voluptate veritatis voluptates qui ad. Quae est voluptas eius est aspernatur. Voluptatem officiis doloribus amet quo.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (39) $363
  • Associates (220) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (135) $154
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (30) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (103) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (489) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (378) $82