Target? Has anyone heard back for the womens program either?

wait the apps just opeend wtf, and do they have any for asains or first gen?

For Asians not sure (you could've answered this question in half the time it took you to write the post via google lol). First-gen doubt it. First-gen is a cool thing to say in an interview given you have a decent story behind it but other than that I think the prevailing opinion (at least on WSO) is who gives a fuck

From what I know, if you make a good impression with the group you're application sort of gets fast-tracked for SA. I'm fairly sure that at the end of the programs people take part in interviews that are mostly behavioral (judging from past threads and whatever other information I could dig up). Whether this serves as your interview for SA 2022 I am not all too sure (have not seen anyone say they were asked about technicals). More likely I think it serves as sort of a benchmark and helps them to decide whether to get behind you for SA or to let you go it on your own. Regardless, as long as you aren't a moron during the session and you make a good impression, it'll help during your SA application. 

no clue what you mean by "JPM doesn't allow networking." have had a number of calls with people there, some of which are pretty high up, and these pre-internship events sort of revolve around networking. that's really what these events are -- a chance to network with people at the firm, so that you can get to know them and they can get to know you. as far as standing out, it'll be considerably harder just because it's taking place virtually. but show up, have intelligent questions, don't be immature/unprofessional, and above all just be a fuckin' human. people want to be able to talk, laugh, and just comfortably interact. it's like base human nature. so that's my plan of action at least. best of luck comrade, rooting for ya

Got an invite for the Winning Women program, and also wondering if there will be a superday at the end. It does say in the email that the program provides "earlier consideration for internships"...

The way I view is that they’ll probably reach out to anyone unless they’ve reached capacity. They already know who will be truly considered for next steps. Cmon man (Biden voice)

Heartily disagree with this. I know kids, first hand, who were rejected (not sure what u meant by they will reach out to anyone until capacity is full, there's a clear deadline). On top of that, how would they possibly know which kids they will get behind to push on to the next steps. They haven't met with them, haven't interviewed, haven't seen their technicals/fit, etc. Cmon man (Biden voice)

Ward, I think you were a little hard on the Beaver. So was Eddie Haskell, Wally and Ms. Cleaver.

Jokes aside, I’m aware that there is a deadline, but perhaps a limit on the amount of participants? I recently attended a diversity summit and it was 100+ students but only could engage via chat. No chance of networking. A summit could be different to this, I have not a clue. Before that summit there was an assessment. You could attend the summit but selections were made later on and you were not informed on the results of your assessment. If companies search for the “best and brightest”, they might be inclined towards top schools first even if it’s a diversity program. Not sure how much engagement this program allows for but I’ll make the safe assumption that JP is heavily sought after. That’s my thought process.

Most Helpful

JPM's diversity programs are selective (application process) and yeah obviously there is a limit on the amount of participants. Dawg you sound like you don't know shit lol. No clue what you're accustomed to, but kids participate in JPM's diversity programs -> network/build relationships with the bankers they meet -> interview (mostly behavioral/fit from what I've read) -> if they perform well, huge plus for their SA apps (for which they still go through the application process but with a slightly more accelerated timeline seeing as they've already met with some of the bankers and/or groups they'd be interviewing with, not to mention that they're part of sought after diversity demographics). That's a pretty general timeline gathered from previous posts on WSO. I would parlay serious money betting you have never been on JPM's website and that you get your news from instagram. Thinking +115 odds despite the parlay

This is so confusing ...my friend said she got a superday last year because she got into the Winning Women program (was 99% guaranteed an interview for attending the experience) but I can't tell if they've shifted their threshold due to COVID and this is similar to a Goldman Sachs diversity program (not guaranteed interview but definitely helps).

Wish it was clearer because it does say "early consideration for internships" - but this is a revealing paragraph: "If you attend the Early Insights Program Line of Business event and are successful in the respective Line of Business internship application process, you will receive earlier consideration for our internship opportunities. We hope you register and apply to internships of interest when applications open on April 1, 2021."

So I'm really lost if WW helps or not the way it did in past years.

I am confused about this too. Have you applied to their 2022 internship and if so, have you gone through with their pymetrics and hirevue. I have not applied to those and am wondering by being  "successful" in the applications means you are offered those tests or are those tests given automatically.

"We hope you register and apply to internships of interest when applications open on April 1, 2021." It  is also confusing since this event is suppose to help us understand the business units better and to network so doesn't  it mean that we should apply for the internships after? If that is the case, then I don't see how there will be an interview after the program.

Wondering too if this program is "selective" or will help in the process after all.

Was your friend's application process to the WW program last year the same as this years? That may hold a clue.

went through a diversity program last year at jpm. application was a standard application and I believe they sent a pymetrics assessment soon after applying. i received a hirevue but I'm unsure if that was for the diversity program or for my regular ib application. nevertheless, if you were invited to the conference, you automatically got a superday invite afterwards (no first round or phone screen). the superday was around a month later. superday was not just behaviorals. it was actually largely technical and as challenging as any other interview i had at other banks. offer notification came within a week afterwards.

See I don’t think a superday is guaranteed this year. There were around 1000 attendees to the ww (assuming both had around the same 500) ...and they instructed us on how to complete the hirevue efficiently and that it was our first round. But idk!

Saw this from another post. Am wondering if the people that have had their diversity program received this too.

"We're reaching out as a friendly reminder that our 2022 Corporate & Investment Bank Summer Analyst & Associate applications are now open! We encourage you to submit your application(s) if you have not already done so.

Please note – in order to be considered for our first wave of Early Insight Program SuperDays, all application deliverables must be completed by Sunday, April 25th. If you wish to be considered for our earliest SuperDays, please ensure you've submitted applications to all programs of interest, as well as completed Pymetrics and the HireVue interview. Please see below for all CIB program application links."

I received this and got a bit worried because I hadn't planned on submitting my SA app until a couple months from now. However, they do say "first wave" which makes me think that it is simply the earliest available Early Insight SuperDay and that there will be more than just one "wave." So maybe it's no big deal? I'm not quite sure to be honest.

Bump. From what I've heard from recruiters, seems diversity insight program attendees just get earlier consideration, as apparently the apps are rolling. Might be misinterpreting what they said, but that's the gist I got.

Yo what the fk, I missed like half the initial session, what was the offensive stuff that was displayed in the first hour?

Lmao there was a zoom bomber troll (who somehow managed to get back in like 3 times) that shared memes on their screen to the entire conference. Managed to get a screen grab of the last one, pretty disgusting shit:

*edit* took down the image because its pretty vile and doesn't need to be out there. i can pm if u really want i guess but i promise you're not missing out on anything worth seeing.

[Comment removed by mod team]

I applied right after the summit and have not received a hirevue yet. I know they said to submit app by 4/25 so will I still be considered for early insight superdays if I don't finish Hirevue and pymetrics by then?

Most likely not. Needed to have both pymetrics and HireVue done.

The wording of the email they sent is "first wave of early insight superdays," which (I would assume) implies that there will be more than one superday for the early insight program. could be wrong but based on the language that seems a fair deduction to me

there are also reports from people saying campus recruiters said it's not necessary to have the SA app in before the program -- I think that's actually somewhere on this thread, scroll up

Spoke to HR, there will be Superdays for Early Insights Participants but you have to be selected and will be sometime in May. 

This is probably a dumb question-- it's probably just automatically sent to everyone on their email list-- but did everyone get that interview prep zoom session invite?

Ya I got one but no idea. Like why ???? It says “superday prep” like bruh don’t play with my heart strings like that haha.

Yeah applied before the 25th - curious if the people who applied after if they got it. It’s a “good sign” I guess like why have superday prep as a focus if they’re not gonna give you one. That’s pretty cruel. I wonder if like they check “yes” on hirevue to superday and it was an auto email orrrr just everyone who applied period. No transparency in this process and seems ridiculously arbitrary. Best to have low expectations.

“We are excited to confirm your RSVP for the Corporate & Investment Bank Art of Interviewing & Investment Banking Superday Preparation” - if that doesn’t equate to a superday that’s such a tease haha

Did anyone that did a program and submit before the 25th not get the invite? 

Got some clarity on the super day prep session:

“This is a general session for all applicants to go over interview advice and best practices. It does not mean that you have yet been selected for an interview.

Our team is continuing to review applications on a rolling basis. If you are selected to attend an interview with us, we will notify you in the next two weeks. Our interviews will likely take place before May 31st.”

Applicants who are in early programs and applied by 4/25 **

I didn’t but got that when I applied to WW...idk what anything means haha

I got it too (NYC IBD). I feel like everyone did. Also, does anyone know if a specific IBD group makes you an offer (Goldman-style) at JPM or if the bank extends you an offer and then you have to network your way into a group?

You gotta network your way in - my friend works there 

Yeah - nothing honestly that exciting. I mean I actually found there to be some insightful tips but it was kinda frustrating cause in the back of your mind you’re like “do we have the superday or not stop teasing!” Haha and no not on camera for both portions. IB is just an MD chatting about technical + general stuff

I know Superdays start next week, got an invite for Tuesday. This is for NYC IBD.

Technicals are straightforward if you understand basic valuation concepts. Just make sure you have good examples for all the behaviorals and you will be fine.

Just received an invite for june superday. It was weird in that they asked me to send an unofficial transcript. Never was asked to do this before. Is JPM asking for transcripts just to verify GPA or are they going to scrutinize the grades you received for every class you took?

Consectetur impedit corporis laboriosam saepe aliquam omnis. Aspernatur possimus porro sint illo. Debitis consectetur quo illum debitis.

Dolores ut id natus quos asperiores corrupti eaque. Dolor ut alias impedit voluptas qui est iste. Porro nihil dolor ut sequi mollitia fugit. Porro laborum voluptatibus qui eligendi sunt voluptas. Accusamus expedita dolore molestiae nobis.

Delectus nobis praesentium sed officiis ut consequuntur. Ab labore et quia autem at consequuntur nihil. Dicta porro asperiores quia.

Deserunt tenetur magnam quia et est ut. Sed possimus in inventore occaecati pariatur deleniti est. In expedita consequatur iure suscipit. Consequatur omnis accusantium ex natus doloremque ut. Vitae dolores magni quisquam ut omnis quo nam. Qui eius voluptatibus earum et.

Perspiciatis sunt quia ipsum vel iste unde non est. Quis maiores sit tempore asperiores. Nam ut quis adipisci quibusdam illo eum ullam. Ab molestiae velit minus id provident.

Quia dignissimos ipsam suscipit vel. Dolores hic alias voluptatem in. Aut ad voluptatibus non ex qui facere vitae. Reprehenderit temporibus ut cum tempora id non. Aut dicta maiores ratione quo cumque ipsam minus tempora.

Molestiae vel cum error. Quaerat et quasi fugit eaque voluptas ut hic. Dolor nesciunt in natus consequuntur. Mollitia sed sit vitae incidunt.

Sit iste quod est architecto. Impedit enim corporis non enim consequatur sit et. Ipsum repellat explicabo aut sit et inventore facere.

Atque esse nulla et velit rerum. Et voluptatem iste sit nesciunt nesciunt.

Dolorum in dolorem voluptatem. Quaerat iusto quaerat dicta nisi. Mollitia nihil omnis sed unde. Laudantium dolores numquam eligendi in eaque quia. Rem aut necessitatibus in aliquam cum aut sed. Dicta magnam qui mollitia quae eos ad beatae.

Necessitatibus est sed tenetur et corrupti illum qui. Animi et voluptatem qui nisi est expedita.

Enim ipsa quasi est non illum. Et quos asperiores unde qui omnis.

Aut ipsum vitae est dolorum et asperiores laudantium. Assumenda sed ullam ad beatae iste sit. Et eos minus et expedita recusandae qui.

Laborum ullam tempore veritatis commodi. Dolor est quis esse sunt ut.

Exercitationem nam rerum debitis earum rerum blanditiis. Aut aut laborum quo deleniti. Rerum quod libero perspiciatis quisquam. Quis iure doloribus ut. Temporibus nihil illo accusantium architecto maxime.

Ad et non neque iusto temporibus in. Ab provident delectus cupiditate quia ut. Recusandae non distinctio vitae animi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”