I've got a case study interview coming up in 1-2 wks. It's 3 hours to read the case, do financial analysis, and prepare a presentation/report.
I haven't gotten much clarity from the firm on the amount of financial analysis that needs to be done (re: build a simple lbo model, or do some easier calcs/valuations like multiples or DCF).
So a few things:
1) I was wondering if anyone has some sample case studies (with solutions) I can do to prep for this interview.
2) Advice from PE guys/gals that have gone through similar case studies, for example:
- how much time to allocate to quant analysis (LBO, and etc.)
- the level of detail to go into (or avoid)
- what are things you've done (or seen from candidates) that impressed you or were red flags
I know how to do an LBO model, but I'm not very speedy - so I guess that's one thing I'll practice this week.
Thanks in advance everyone!
---Message from WSO Below---
Free LBO Modeling Test (Email Form Below Video)
See if you're ready for the real deal. Video solution + modeling file included so you can get realistic practice. Just enter your email in the field below.
Private Equity Interview Course
- 2,447 questions across 203 private equity funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 mem.
- 9 Detailed LBO Modeling Tests and 15+ hours of video solutions.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring private equity professionals just like you.