just had my first round with MAS group SF. It was all questions from my resume and some markets based questions. Also have fixed income sf interview tomorow

Honestly for me it was more technical/resume questions than behavioral but most of the technicals were follow up to what I said. So like i was asked what was going on in the markets and they would follow up with a few technicals based on what I said

Most Helpful

Hi so this summer I interned at BlackRock in their Core Portfolio Management (CorePM) Fixed Income and thought to give you an update... - First round is rolling right now!!! They will either do it online (virtual) or flight you out to the site. Last year they flew me out for first and final round - Final round you'll be meeting a bunch of people that will interview you, typically from 3-6 (or more) and back to back (each interview is about 30mins)

Founder Scholarships is for Black, LGBT, Hispanic, or Disabled. You will need to pass the interview first and then sign on to the offer to be considered for the scholarship, then you'll have to pass the scholarship interview round again to be awarded $17,500. Just a caveat, BlackRock will try to fill all of its SA seats for diverse candidates and minorities first and then consider other applicants.

didn't happen to me, but I know that sometimes BlackRock will switch/add additional depts if they think your resume/experience has a better fit with another dept

I had first round interview for founders scholarship on August 16th and heard back for superday in 30th. I’m flying out for a superday in SF on September 13

Just got this email for 2020 NYC Alternatives:

'Hi xxxxxxx,

Thank you for submitting your application to the position at BlackRock.

We are currently in the process of reviewing your application and we will be in contact with you shortly.

Best,

BlackRock Campus Recruiting

Array

If you applied late August, you aren’t being considered for the Founders Scholarship (BlackRock’s diversity recruiting effort). I don’t think they have even started interviewing regular candidates but someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the info - I did fill out yes for the Founder scholarship part in the app. That being said, will I still be considered in the regular round since Founder is not a separate application but embedded in 2020SA ?

Have a lot of people heard back from the 9/20 superday yet? I know some people heard back as late as this past Friday so I don't know if they are still making offers or not.

I missed a call from the recruiter earlier because I was in class. When I called her back she was already off work. Does anyone know if they're only calling successful candidates or everybody? Has anyone gotten a rejection yet?

It took me about a month to get my super day invite after my video interviews, so I think it really depends! I ended up getting an offer at the first NYC super day at the end of September, but I know they will continue recruiting until around Thanksgiving if they have the same schedule as last year.

does anyone where blackrock is in the process of recruiting? are position filled? i know PAG in SF does, but what about other groups? submitted the virtual cover letter in sept and have not heard anything back yet

I believe NYC still has room for PAG, and I know for a fact that the Atlanta is still very open in terms of positions. I accepted my offer in early September and was told that other interns would be rolling in until about the end of the year. However, Atlanta is mostly tech roles

Is anybody here applying for a STEM role? Received an offer from BlackRock in the PAG group about a month ago in the Atlanta office but haven't seemed to meet anybody in a similar boat

Hi, just curious, do you know how many interns does the PAG team usually take? I did the hirevue last month.

PAG is one of BlackRock's smallest groups with only around 120 worldwide. There were only less than 20 people in pag in sf, and they had only 4-5 interns for PAG. can't speak about NYC, and I was told that 30-35 other interns would be joining me in atlanta, but I imagine only a small portion will be pag

I think they are not that structured except for the Founder's round.

Got the equities interview by networking, and you should be prepared for the interviews because they are looking for no more than 5 interns in equities at most I would say. It's possible that they haven't filled their spots yet

It was honestly not what I was expecting. I got the impression that they had other candidates in mind. It was barely technical.

I think they're conducting their FT superdays soon - there's one in SF coming up this week, but not sure if it's for all of the teams within ETF & Index Investing (since there's multiple teams you could work for here)

when did they find out/how long after the first-round did they find out about the superday this week?

Natus at quo tenetur est sint. Veniam voluptatem laudantium optio quia beatae. Magnam deleniti perspiciatis sapiente.

Impedit non at molestias ut non quibusdam voluptas et. Quos odio suscipit impedit ut nesciunt.

In quod corporis aut nemo. Reiciendis delectus est quibusdam. Ipsam tempore laboriosam ratione quae. Enim corporis tempore beatae sint. Quam ratione enim officia et sint tenetur nam. Repellendus veritatis ea saepe voluptatibus nihil. Iure sed illum in laboriosam magnam odio.

Est porro quo eveniet quidem suscipit a deleniti. Consequatur est temporibus rerum porro et tenetur quibusdam.

Earum libero doloribus excepturi sed. Enim quis vero reprehenderit culpa.

Rem voluptas sed quod sit est in. Dolores non id aspernatur qui ut. Repudiandae ea dolor sit at dolorem. Ut recusandae perferendis culpa.

Vero optio recusandae veniam odit. Temporibus ad ea quia. Aperiam nostrum doloremque non qui maiores. Repellat assumenda quia est natus sed consectetur molestiae.

Provident quos maiores laboriosam illum et harum iste. Temporibus ut exercitationem corporis similique aut. Dolorum magni non quis cum aliquid omnis. Quia ad repellendus ratione harum ea voluptatibus aliquam.

Maxime minus mollitia reiciendis modi quis. Esse perspiciatis nostrum error nam architecto. Distinctio blanditiis nihil accusantium et esse rerum saepe. Eligendi et est dolores. Officia autem dolores sit deserunt.

Atque fugiat sed eos voluptatem quasi ut. Eligendi molestiae ab nobis aliquid ea.

Ut id eveniet cum magni reiciendis. Molestiae sit corporis et eum perferendis omnis ad. Harum facere impedit qui aliquam est fugit veniam.

Occaecati esse est ut enim. Ea iste nihil vero perferendis omnis repellendus hic sequi.

Est in sint fugiat culpa. Repellat sed at enim inventore quas sit. Modi provident ipsum quo neque. Non quas consequatur omnis. Delectus ipsum repellat nihil velit quia temporibus.

Eum qui aut animi. Voluptate voluptatum maxime repellendus hic esse omnis.

Aut dolore excepturi libero odit debitis eveniet. Nam consequatur veniam facilis inventore eveniet veritatis. Rerum impedit fuga et nam consequatur sint. Eius quas odio sit id id.

Reiciendis maiores quia necessitatibus facilis quas enim eos nemo. Veritatis ut debitis optio mollitia dolore enim deleniti ut. Ipsum libero consequatur rerum commodi nostrum suscipit.

Mollitia aut dolores earum voluptates dolor eos. Ad maxime nisi autem labore. Repellendus omnis molestias qui ut minima. Odit molestias enim aut et fugiat eius.

Sint non quos qui pariatur ut et. Quibusdam quia quia totam doloribus nobis perspiciatis. Cumque excepturi in neque fugit iusto.

Repellendus ex molestiae unde maiores sit voluptatem quas corrupti. Consectetur aliquam sunt in iusto omnis quia quo. Quisquam totam rerum voluptatem eius et dolorem. Quia mollitia accusamus eum veritatis.

Esse quo harum pariatur voluptas quas eum. Magnam consequatur eum enim fugit adipisci. Ut numquam eos ipsam aperiam ut ex et. Mollitia repellendus dignissimos quia quaerat quia esse. Maiores dolor debitis sed est. Ipsam et porro sunt quia ea non nam voluptas.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”