dbAchieve 2023
Wanted to start a thread on DB Achieve for 2023 so we could talk about when first round come out and all that (:
Wanted to start a thread on DB Achieve for 2023 so we could talk about when first round come out and all that (:
| +138 | Piper Sandler in talks to acquire PWP | 61 | 11h |
| +125 | Interns without return offers, careers & perspective | 11 | 19h |
| +114 | UBS Appears to be Exploring Sale | 15 | 4h |
| +110 | Just One More Year | 11 | 2d |
| +82 | Are all these UBS postings bullshit? | 21 | 21h |
| +76 | Bringing Deals as a Vice President | 24 | 4h |
| +66 | Paradise Is Paradise | 5 | 23h |
| +37 | Q&A | Investment Banking Analyst, UBS | 2 years in investment banking | 11 | 1d |
| +35 | Q&A | Incoming Associate, Bulge Bracke, AMA: Career switcher (tech sales/BD → MBA → BB TMT IB), return offer | (6 years in Tech/Accounting) | 6 | 5d |
| +32 | M&A is Paradise | 1 | 2d |
Career Resources
Applied with a referral, haven't heard back.
Same so anxious
Got an email about joining an info session and that is it. Still no word about first rounds.
same
got a info session email. anyone know what is it for?
Did anyone do the Situational Judgement Test for dbachieve?
Not me, did you?
Does anyone who applies for these ‘diversity only’ sophomore internships ever feel weird knowing the only reason they were given the sophomore opportunity is legit because of their race / gender?
I’m a non-diverse candidate from a lower middle class background, and it honestly feels nice knowing I got hired because of my merit.
No i personally don’t bc i had such a hard upbringing and I know I still haven’t had the same opportunities as others so if they wanna help me out for smth like diversity I’ll fully take it.
Glad to hear you had a tough upbringing and were able to prevail. But what about the white kid who's parents cooked meth in a trailer park or the poor Asian kids from Flushing Queens?These candidates had extremely difficult childhoods too, and they have to get thru the recruitment process without diversity or nepotism. What your rationale for these candidates getting absolutely shafted?
I don’t have none! I feel for them and understand how it can be unfair for them. That’s why I wish there was like another process where we could talk about ourselves like ACC. Unfortunately there’s not so I just take what I can get. Life is not fair sadly
“Life isn’t fair, but I’ll take handouts and allow my peers get screwed by justified retroactive racism / sexism” — your mental gymnastics are hilarious.
What 💀? What am I supposed to do? Boycott the banks for doing diversity programs LOL
Honestly - considering woman, black and hispanic candidates convinced these firms to build this weird cancel culture that has been backed into corporate America, YES I believe that URM / Woman should advocate for these programs to end if they ever want to fully receive offer via merit.
Now before you respond with "but nepotism!" I've worked in the industry for over 5 years and the number of pure nepotism hires is probably under 10% vs Diversity which at many banks is 70%+ in recent years.
Just face the fact that these diversity programs basically just provide an unearned advantage that you likely don’t need. Many of hardships that are faced to even get onto to Wall Street are socio-economic based and impact candidates regardless of race.
someone's mad they didn't get a BB offer
Buddy is that your only cope?
I worked at a top EB 2-3 years ago, was a top-bucket analyst and got into a mega-fund. Why would I even want to work at a BB and do nothing but align logos for a shitty $50K bonus.
You can play your mental gymnastics as much as you want, just know if you were a middle class asian / white male, your recruitment process would be statistically 30-40X as hard and you likely wouldn’t even get an internship.
These programs are a literal joke.
Whatever you say middle market warrior
Actually an EB to MF warrior.
Whatever you need to convince yourself to feel better. You’re being hired for a diversity quota, and chances are on a merit to merit basis you wouldn’t even receive a first round interview. Best of luck though, i heard the diversity technical interview process is extremely difficult and may ask you to answer questions on the 3-statements!
These comments are embarrassing and shallow. If you really were doing so well you wouldn’t be leaving embittered and degrading comments like this…
-
>I don’t have none
So what gpa do y'all have that applied?!
3.84/4.00
Is the “how does diversity in all its for make you an ideal candidate for DbAchieve?” (In step 9) The same essay of “why DbAchieve” (in step 11) the same essay?
Yes i believe so
Does anyone know if you can apply to the same internship at two different offices or do you have to pick one?
you can apply to same division at different offices. I applied to both NY and Chicago corporate finance
Was everyone sent the info session and the SJT? or did they only send this to ppl who passed a screening
I got the info session but not SJT
i'm waiting for DB to Achieve a RoTE above 9%
Bump. January 3rd. No updates
January 5th, no updates.
Anyone hear anything yet
Non-diversity just to shoot a longshot: got officially declined four days ago. Sorry if not relevant
Which position did you apply to?
anything anyone? still haven't heard back
First round notifications just released
I got into the interview, is it behavioral or technical too?
For which division?
NYC Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Did you only apply to corp fin?
Applied to a couple of divisions/locations, still haven't heard anything
Has anyone else still not gotten a rejection but also not gotten an interview?
yup, still haven't heard back
Still haven't gotten a rejection or first round, anyone else in the same boat
same
i still haven't gotten anything
For ppl who didn't hear back yet, what divisions did you apply to?
CorpFin & S&T
s&t
Heard nothing yet as well
For ppl who received first-round notification: did yall only apply to corp fin(ibd)?
Yes
when did you submit your application?
Anyone knows how many sophomores they will eventually accept for IB?
did u receive an interview?
Yes
10-15
Got IB NY interview invitation
What division
when did u receive it
Applied for corp fin and fixed income & currency. Received rejection of corp fin a week ago (on jan 06, earlier than most ppl here in the forum)but still no update on the other one. NO idea of what kind of diversity is desired. Being international student in the states and who lived in Germany before and speaks german, a past DB customer, and someone who wrote application in both English and German, I am kind of disappointed they turned a big no on me.
as if asians are not UR enough lol
For the people who have heard back already, when did you apply?
bump
hi, when did you hear back?
I applied on Dec 31 and got first round interview invitation last week
Are any international students here? Have you heard back from DB? I have a friend who heard back yesterday(13 Jan). But I have not yet received anything from DB :(
I applied on 12.14 and haven't heard anything :( When did your friend apply?
My friend applied at the end of November. But I am not sure if the date of the application matter- I applied way on 23 November and heard nothing back yet.
What's your friend's track?
She applied to all programs and heard back from Fixed Income
international here. got an interview invite from WM
.
So nobody heard anything about fixed income?
interviews have came out for fixed income a friend of mine got one
When was that?
My friend heard back from fixed income on Friday
For those who got your interview: when is your interview? and what is the format of the interview?
Still have nothing for Fixed Income and Currencies
Me neither TT
So if I still hasn’t received an interview yet, that probably means I’m not gonna get one right?
you’ll find out by next week probably cuz interview requests are rolling from what i’ve seen/heard
.
Hi, when did you submit your application?
First week of november
For those who got the first round interview for corp fin in NY, when are u interviewing and if so, have u received the actual zoom link for the interview yet?
I did not get the zoom link so far
Just talked to a person from NYC FIC group: apparently, invitations to the first round of interviews have all been sent out. The reason why we have not yet got a rej letter is bc we are probably on their secondary list just in case anyone from the primary list declines the offer. Good luck to all kids who got the invitations!
For people that got interviews for NYC IB Corporate Finance, when did you receive your interview invitation?
Just received a first round for IB Chicago today. There’s still hope
Hey did you get a Zoom link for signing up the first round Chicago interview?
Received the confirmation email after selecting my slot but haven’t gotten a zoom link yet
when did you submit your application
Christmas week
Anyone got superday for IB or know when we'll hear from it?
superdays are out
How long to wait if we haven't got the superdays yet?
.
Did Db Achieve in NY; only 16 sophomores for IB and comparable for S&T. 1% acceptance rate.
what was salary for dbachieve if you dont mind me asking
75k
.
not sure - hr runs the process and did not make that # public; hr did mention the 1% stat
when was your first round interview? and how long did it take them to notify you that you have been selected for a super day?
-
No, do you know if anyone heard back yet?
For what it's worth I haven't heard back yet for FIC NY. All I remember them saying was early this week, it could be tomorrow for all we know.
I got the same email but it was before interview. I was wondering if you received twice or just once. Maybe they didn't send out all at once.
I just received superday invite from NY FIC. Good luck everyone!!
You mean first round? I think around 25 minutes
no rejection nor interview, still waiting
Same
I got the interview invite yesterday as well (for FIC) and I know someone else did too... they could be waiting to see if anyone drops out.
has anyone heard back from IBD NYC superday yesterday?
Do you?
I havent heard back
no
Still nothing atm hby all
Still nothing ahhh
How technical was the IBD superday?
I got pressed a lot about Inflation and what the fed should do and some logic questions, but that was about it. Not too technical, but if you had any idea about the market outlook for 2023, you would be fine.
not yet
Following.
How many people they take each year for FIC?
Has anyone heard anything?
I haven't yet
No
not yet (NY IBD)
Not yet NY IBD
Has anyone heard for NYC IBD??
Do you?
not yet
I'm wondering if it will still be today
The final round interview notifications for FIC were a little after 5 pm last time.
I think for BB superday they always call before they send out actual emails, right?
I think that's the most common but unless DB ever said they would for sure call I don't think we can say for sure.
For FIC they said they would call
Anything today?
So far haven't heard anything back yet
I haven't either
Anyone hear from FIC nyc yet?
Nothing yet
nothing so far
-
Anyone hears from NYC IBD yet?
has anyone asked a recruiter when they plan on sending decisions out?
I asked and they said it was supposed to be yesterday so now they don't know
have anyone heard?? we all got rejected or we have to wait until tomorrow?
Anyone heard from NYC IBD or know someone who did??? I still havent heard anything
I am still waiting, too.
Anyone from FIC has heard anything?
not yet
No, nothing
still waiting
[]
What time was your interview?
have you heard back yet?
Fuga aspernatur sit voluptatum aut totam ipsa sapiente. Modi et voluptatum vitae debitis facere delectus. Commodi esse similique earum. Sunt ea sapiente id quos officiis ut recusandae.
Sapiente possimus qui quis qui vero ipsum. Incidunt sint pariatur mollitia asperiores consequatur. Repellat iusto omnis facilis eum aut expedita est ut.
Illum non quaerat amet. In aut omnis maxime vitae atque tenetur recusandae. Laudantium totam doloribus repellat explicabo illo. Non quia aut culpa cupiditate. Non voluptatem non rem quis iusto cupiditate nobis.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Est non quo deserunt praesentium architecto. Eligendi aliquid enim est minus aut nesciunt officia. Facilis fuga incidunt dicta saepe aut. Aspernatur voluptate quos commodi voluptate. Occaecati et cumque aspernatur.
Tempora dolorum qui voluptate adipisci. Nulla inventore sed harum officiis sapiente atque optio. Est doloremque commodi amet quis beatae ipsa quam.
Omnis aut possimus reprehenderit sequi. Cumque iure et earum vel ad beatae consequatur. Et qui dolorem id iure adipisci.
Quod enim enim aut autem. Voluptatem id omnis rerum doloremque vero reiciendis repudiandae. Esse dolor cumque voluptatem eos accusantium. Vel nihil corporis eos ipsa eveniet.
Ipsum et in sit nulla eligendi ab fugit. Deserunt voluptates libero reprehenderit consequatur cupiditate.
Hic quaerat doloribus fugiat fugit. Ut ullam eius quis alias earum.
Repellat et dolore laudantium harum ut nisi. Sunt numquam est sit voluptatem.
Ut sed tempore ea est quod corporis. Voluptatem laborum suscipit sint ut magnam et commodi. Labore ipsum sed commodi aut.
Et harum laboriosam voluptas voluptatum. Rerum quas quidem nisi quia eius nihil fuga. Rem odio eum pariatur est magnam aliquid.
Quo qui adipisci et aut et dolore. Numquam eos incidunt vitae iure perspiciatis. Ipsam doloremque quisquam adipisci facilis reiciendis. Ipsa est voluptatibus animi omnis ea nobis illo. Atque esse dolorem excepturi praesentium.
Dolorem laborum et quasi voluptatem doloremque culpa eos tempore. Eius nihil libero odio repellat. Aut inventore aut id nihil.
Voluptatum id dignissimos non est sunt et. Quibusdam sed error et vitae alias debitis officiis. Consequatur dolorem omnis id quis.
Molestias alias magni et. Deserunt quam ipsum error aut praesentium. Ab vitae quidem esse beatae. Omnis blanditiis in quidem aut. Nobis id id fuga qui fugiat placeat expedita. Magnam est ut natus hic quas ipsam rerum iste.
Velit libero est dolores ullam. Quia officia exercitationem consequuntur amet. Quo nostrum voluptatem nihil ducimus. Sint et itaque perferendis velit rerum.
Qui assumenda provident adipisci quaerat autem. Sed commodi eum repudiandae totam accusantium voluptates.