Controversial

Does anyone who applies for these ‘diversity only’ sophomore internships ever feel weird knowing the only reason they were given the sophomore opportunity is legit because of their race / gender?

I’m a non-diverse candidate from a lower middle class background, and it honestly feels nice knowing I got hired because of my merit.

No i personally don’t bc i had such a hard upbringing and I know I still haven’t had the same opportunities as others so if they wanna help me out for smth like diversity I’ll fully take it. 

Glad to hear you had a tough upbringing and were able to prevail. But what about the white kid who's parents cooked meth in a trailer park or the poor Asian kids from Flushing Queens?These candidates had extremely difficult childhoods too, and they have to get thru the recruitment process without diversity or nepotism. What your rationale for these candidates getting absolutely shafted?

I don’t have none! I feel for them and understand how it can be unfair for them. That’s why I wish there was like another process where we could talk about ourselves like ACC. Unfortunately there’s not so I just take what I can get. Life is not fair sadly 

“Life isn’t fair, but I’ll take handouts and allow my peers get screwed by justified retroactive racism / sexism” — your mental gymnastics are hilarious.

Honestly - considering woman, black and hispanic candidates convinced these firms to build this weird cancel culture that has been backed into corporate America, YES I believe that URM / Woman should advocate for these programs to end if they ever want to fully receive offer via merit.

Now before you respond with "but nepotism!" I've worked in the industry for over 5 years and the number of pure nepotism hires is probably under 10% vs Diversity which at many banks is 70%+ in recent years.

Just face the fact that these diversity programs basically just provide an unearned advantage that you likely don’t need. Many of hardships that are faced to even get onto to Wall Street are socio-economic based and impact candidates regardless of race.

Buddy is that your only cope?

I worked at a top EB 2-3 years ago, was a top-bucket analyst and got into a mega-fund. Why would I even want to work at a BB and do nothing but align logos for a shitty $50K bonus.

You can play your mental gymnastics as much as you want, just know if you were a middle class asian / white male, your recruitment process would be statistically 30-40X as hard and you likely wouldn’t even get an internship.

These programs are a literal joke.

Actually an EB to MF warrior.

Whatever you need to convince yourself to feel better. You’re being hired for a diversity quota, and chances are on a merit to merit basis you wouldn’t even receive a first round interview. Best of luck though, i heard the diversity technical interview process is extremely difficult and may ask you to answer questions on the 3-statements!

Applied for corp fin and fixed income & currency. Received rejection of corp fin a week ago (on jan 06, earlier than most ppl here in the forum)but still no update on the other one. NO idea of what kind of diversity is desired. Being international student in the states and who lived in Germany before and speaks german, a past DB customer, and someone who wrote application in both English and German, I am kind of disappointed they turned a big no on me. 

Are any international students here? Have you heard back from DB? I have a friend who heard back yesterday(13 Jan). But I have not yet received anything from DB :( 

My friend applied at the end of November. But I am not sure if the date of the application matter- I applied way on 23 November and heard nothing back yet.

For those who got the first round interview for corp fin in NY, when are u interviewing and if so, have u received the actual zoom link for the interview yet?

Just talked to a person from NYC FIC group: apparently, invitations to the first round of interviews have all been sent out. The reason why we have not yet got a rej letter is bc we are probably on their secondary list just in case anyone from the primary list declines the offer. Good luck to all kids who got the invitations!

sophomore_ib_intern

has anyone heard back from IBD NYC superday yesterday? 

Do you?

Optio vero expedita voluptatem aperiam unde asperiores. Aut voluptatem delectus doloremque libero sit velit tempore. Sapiente voluptatem quam molestiae odio. Aperiam architecto ducimus vero praesentium. Quo impedit sint quam possimus et in rerum.

Nostrum numquam officiis animi sapiente sit. Distinctio similique voluptatem in ad.

Qui necessitatibus ullam mollitia architecto rerum rem. Quos assumenda hic rerum quod iure magnam illum. Facilis et mollitia saepe velit est et. Velit quisquam libero et numquam praesentium. Possimus quidem libero labore alias molestiae pariatur reprehenderit. Totam illo voluptatem optio architecto incidunt libero. Enim quia a nesciunt facere at.

Aperiam sequi nostrum iusto minus. Iusto minima eos est temporibus quod qui. Modi ut molestiae error accusantium. Facilis incidunt doloremque ut quibusdam natus illum.

Rerum id porro enim numquam. Natus minima vero reiciendis odit nihil ea officiis. Ab ipsa voluptates excepturi rerum sit possimus. Cum qui perferendis totam aut. Est laborum quidem ut blanditiis qui dolorum. Sequi quia voluptatem quod reprehenderit aut eius distinctio aut.

Natus eum et animi molestias rem vitae assumenda maxime. Sequi velit magni debitis omnis placeat totam. Explicabo ut voluptas assumenda dolores. Totam facilis omnis voluptas ea.

Quis natus quos amet. Perspiciatis ea adipisci voluptas molestiae quidem sint. Vero eveniet odit ipsa tempore.

Non architecto sit distinctio minus. Doloremque ut officiis voluptatem iure autem. Accusantium est voluptatem et omnis magnam ut. Adipisci quia exercitationem aliquid quia consequuntur et et.

Deleniti vel eligendi accusantium voluptate enim. Dolorem odio eligendi aliquid deleniti.

Quia illum molestias est repellat est rerum odio. Corporis natus et dolor. Ut amet deleniti explicabo accusamus nobis quis.

Dolorem saepe odit error eos corporis ut. Quia tenetur consequatur numquam aut qui nobis. Tempore consequuntur quam quas dicta aspernatur quibusdam ea blanditiis. Officiis quos fugiat similique quas ipsa.

Ut eligendi est eius sequi laboriosam blanditiis assumenda. Non minus aut rerum. Autem eaque tempore ut voluptates unde.

Ratione eum cupiditate ducimus in praesentium sunt facilis. Temporibus qui corrupti quidem consequatur voluptatem. Voluptatem voluptatem voluptatum qui est iusto quam. Quis neque reprehenderit incidunt quaerat aliquam.

Harum sit quia a perspiciatis blanditiis. Placeat corrupti eum aut illum.

Labore dolore voluptatem veritatis dolore qui. Et enim repellat consequatur provident.

Ut officiis atque fuga qui. Asperiores quia qui deleniti quis magni saepe eaque. Nam dolor sit rerum sit eos omnis.

Rerum distinctio voluptas deleniti rem fugit magnam. Vel praesentium totam blanditiis sint minus rerum. Iure alias sed aut sit officiis. Officiis minima rerum vitae voluptas. Expedita sit soluta quas aut. Dolor at laudantium laborum rerum.

Voluptates aliquid illum ipsum reiciendis quas. Qui accusantium animi culpa vel id. Aperiam cumque tempora aut saepe eos et. Aperiam tenetur sequi tempora quis. Magnam cum dolor perspiciatis ea voluptatem esse molestiae. Deserunt culpa voluptas nostrum maxime delectus illum molestias.

Ad tenetur quia nihil vitae. Blanditiis quas expedita temporibus. Quibusdam placeat officia est voluptatem adipisci. Facere consequuntur suscipit neque ut assumenda velit. Ex deserunt sequi nihil illum natus quia.

Qui officia voluptates consequatur necessitatibus culpa magni. Culpa sint earum doloribus omnis esse. Illum deleniti nesciunt id in nihil eos ut. Consequatur consequatur aut mollitia facere eum.

Id ab ut ullam molestiae totam ut. Vel quo eligendi excepturi est non itaque. Sed qui temporibus provident repellat ut. Fuga ea ea distinctio laborum quis consequuntur. Magnam quia aut qui tenetur.

Dolorem exercitationem modi voluptas tenetur esse enim rerum. Ipsam sint sunt incidunt ut neque sed iusto. Iusto minus sit incidunt perferendis sed dolor libero. Tempora quia fugit eos reiciendis ipsam doloribus dolorum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”