299 Comments
 

I applied to FMA and Alternatives (PEP). Yeah no word from them, but I checked the box for Founder's Scholarship which I thought would be "accelerated"

Stonks. 
 

just had my first round with MAS group SF. It was all questions from my resume and some markets based questions. Also have fixed income sf interview tomorow

 

Honestly for me it was more technical/resume questions than behavioral but most of the technicals were follow up to what I said. So like i was asked what was going on in the markets and they would follow up with a few technicals based on what I said

 
Most Helpful

Hi so this summer I interned at BlackRock in their Core Portfolio Management (CorePM) Fixed Income and thought to give you an update... - First round is rolling right now!!! They will either do it online (virtual) or flight you out to the site. Last year they flew me out for first and final round - Final round you'll be meeting a bunch of people that will interview you, typically from 3-6 (or more) and back to back (each interview is about 30mins)

Founder Scholarships is for Black, LGBT, Hispanic, or Disabled. You will need to pass the interview first and then sign on to the offer to be considered for the scholarship, then you'll have to pass the scholarship interview round again to be awarded $17,500. Just a caveat, BlackRock will try to fill all of its SA seats for diverse candidates and minorities first and then consider other applicants.

 

didn't happen to me, but I know that sometimes BlackRock will switch/add additional depts if they think your resume/experience has a better fit with another dept

 

Was contacted by a recruiter and applied August 1st for Founders Scholarship, I also know a senior director there and he referred me but I still haven't heard back. Messaged the recruiter on August 19th and she didn't get back to me. Has anyone heard back yet?

Array
 

I had first round interview for founders scholarship on August 16th and heard back for superday in 30th. I’m flying out for a superday in SF on September 13

 

Just got this email for 2020 NYC Alternatives:

'Hi xxxxxxx,

Thank you for submitting your application to the position at BlackRock.

We are currently in the process of reviewing your application and we will be in contact with you shortly.

Best,

BlackRock Campus Recruiting

Array
 

Today I got invited to a SD with Fundamental Active Equity Investing through the Founders Scholarship. Anyone else going to be at the NY interviews next Friday?

 

If you applied late August, you aren’t being considered for the Founders Scholarship (BlackRock’s diversity recruiting effort). I don’t think they have even started interviewing regular candidates but someone can correct me if I am wrong.

 

Thanks for the info - I did fill out yes for the Founder scholarship part in the app. That being said, will I still be considered in the regular round since Founder is not a separate application but embedded in 2020SA ?

 

Have a lot of people heard back from the 9/20 superday yet? I know some people heard back as late as this past Friday so I don't know if they are still making offers or not.

 

I missed a call from the recruiter earlier because I was in class. When I called her back she was already off work. Does anyone know if they're only calling successful candidates or everybody? Has anyone gotten a rejection yet?

 

Don't worry too much, you won't know until you hear directly from them. Just stay positive and give them a call tomorrow morning when the office opens!

 

It took me about a month to get my super day invite after my video interviews, so I think it really depends! I ended up getting an offer at the first NYC super day at the end of September, but I know they will continue recruiting until around Thanksgiving if they have the same schedule as last year.

 

does anyone where blackrock is in the process of recruiting? are position filled? i know PAG in SF does, but what about other groups? submitted the virtual cover letter in sept and have not heard anything back yet

 

I believe NYC still has room for PAG, and I know for a fact that the Atlanta is still very open in terms of positions. I accepted my offer in early September and was told that other interns would be rolling in until about the end of the year. However, Atlanta is mostly tech roles

 

Is anybody here applying for a STEM role? Received an offer from BlackRock in the PAG group about a month ago in the Atlanta office but haven't seemed to meet anybody in a similar boat

 

Hi, just curious, do you know how many interns does the PAG team usually take? I did the hirevue last month.

 

PAG is one of BlackRock's smallest groups with only around 120 worldwide. There were only less than 20 people in pag in sf, and they had only 4-5 interns for PAG. can't speak about NYC, and I was told that 30-35 other interns would be joining me in atlanta, but I imagine only a small portion will be pag

 

Hey is there anyone who has finished his HireVue in the EMEA region in the investment division? Have a few small questions! Thanks

 

Does anyone know the recruiting process/timeline for Trading, Liquidity, and Lending Summer Analyst in New York?

 

From APAC here (Singapore/Hong Kong), has anyone heard back for their Real Assets team? I've applied about a month back for SA 2020 and still haven't heard back

 

I applied in the same time frame but for different roles in NY and never heard anything

 

I think they are not that structured except for the Founder's round.

Got the equities interview by networking, and you should be prepared for the interviews because they are looking for no more than 5 interns in equities at most I would say. It's possible that they haven't filled their spots yet

 

It was honestly not what I was expecting. I got the impression that they had other candidates in mind. It was barely technical.

 

I think they're conducting their FT superdays soon - there's one in SF coming up this week, but not sure if it's for all of the teams within ETF & Index Investing (since there's multiple teams you could work for here)

 

Est consequatur voluptatem illum molestiae aut est facere porro. Nulla omnis totam illo sapiente. Id delectus in error eos. Dolor omnis ipsa id numquam est. Qui molestiae et vel adipisci earum optio necessitatibus.

Eos rem et neque et quaerat earum assumenda et. Et error suscipit enim quis voluptatibus. Porro cumque recusandae et repellat impedit necessitatibus.

 

Reiciendis dolor recusandae quisquam magnam quo nisi magnam. Beatae velit itaque ut. Nobis odio reiciendis sed voluptas et aliquid. Enim consequatur consequatur aliquam debitis.

Laborum nulla a voluptas. Quo in est veniam voluptatem eos. Occaecati rerum consequatur officia dolorem ut eum. Est doloremque dolorem iusto officiis. Voluptatem necessitatibus voluptatem sunt voluptas aut.

Similique voluptas saepe asperiores aliquid exercitationem excepturi impedit. Voluptatem ut voluptas consequatur. Ex iusto vel ab fugit consequatur.

Accusantium nemo voluptatem dolor totam. Ipsum dolore unde et sapiente quo sint ut. Expedita rerum provident sunt. Molestias qui odio beatae animi sit. Molestias sint at suscipit a ad. Error dolores error debitis quia libero rem eos. Ullam non tenetur fugit quis sit aut.

 

Enim illo cum quaerat magnam sunt nesciunt sint. Provident voluptatibus impedit nulla incidunt vel dolorem placeat. Dolores iusto nam asperiores id error quod quibusdam. Enim laboriosam vitae eveniet aliquid esse.

Dolorem error qui totam voluptatem aliquid sequi. Sit quia iure consectetur laborum odit dolorem maxime. Nihil ad molestiae animi nisi ut.

Voluptate at debitis voluptatibus nam praesentium hic. Itaque id a nesciunt quod est voluptatem in.

Est quae totam rerum assumenda rerum voluptas. Molestiae natus ut iste sequi natus. Veniam culpa consectetur fugiat nam laboriosam omnis. Nostrum quibusdam illo rem molestiae magni rerum. Et distinctio aliquid aliquam voluptatem enim odit. Distinctio excepturi tempore doloremque deserunt. Iste adipisci at debitis harum aut totam.

 

Et aut voluptate illo. Impedit nesciunt et omnis minus rerum quam nihil. Mollitia qui nihil et molestias exercitationem rem. Ut consequatur dolore assumenda assumenda ipsa asperiores omnis eius. Inventore et quo impedit qui ut ipsam ipsum.

Quia qui voluptates odit nisi quidem ut. Nobis ut natus inventore eligendi molestiae ullam consequatur. Voluptate vel tempore optio. Iure et est vel aut ullam vel. Ut aut culpa ullam ea nulla ex incidunt.

Qui aut nobis mollitia eligendi. Qui omnis recusandae sint sequi. Optio nostrum molestiae fuga aut maiores quo quam ut. Excepturi aliquam tempore qui veniam aliquid.

 

Recusandae expedita vitae nulla deserunt. Dignissimos odio est et reiciendis nesciunt. Corrupti est commodi quia explicabo quod. Amet eveniet non numquam.

Debitis molestias sunt explicabo ipsa. Molestiae suscipit enim harum esse dicta porro vero.

Et aut voluptas repudiandae qui dolorum a. Ipsum quasi numquam molestiae et et. Maxime commodi quas rerum. Molestiae ut aut numquam qui id. Dolorem minima enim provident corporis minima omnis vitae.

 

Non amet deleniti deleniti enim eos omnis vel. Sapiente et itaque necessitatibus repellat. Consequatur saepe consectetur et quia id. Repellendus et accusamus at numquam aperiam impedit vel. Sit omnis amet dolor. Sit aut sit enim quaerat sit ipsa voluptate unde. Culpa perspiciatis et unde excepturi veniam qui.

Ipsum commodi porro et in fugit qui. Ab repellendus quod dolor est facere voluptas velit.

Iusto aliquam et officiis porro suscipit architecto. Quo aut possimus officia non veritatis hic ullam. Cumque eum quas aliquid vitae dignissimos dolor.

Neque sit ut atque perferendis temporibus quia rerum. Labore corrupti eius consectetur et. Ut molestiae voluptatem cupiditate est vel ut distinctio. Ut placeat commodi magnam alias voluptas non commodi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”