Pages

Wells Fargo SA 2020

ib3000's picture

Wells Fargo SA 2020 applications opened up today for IBD so I just wanted to get a thread going to stay up to date with the process. Does anyone have an idea of what the timeline is looking like, and whether they're sticking with phone interviews or using hirevues?

Good luck!

Comments (216)

Jul 12, 2019

Does anyone know if Wells Fargo IBD takes internationals?

Jul 16, 2019

Don't think so

Jul 21, 2019

They do. Kids from Poland and London in 2019 analyst class

Sep 25, 2019

But they are working in the London office

Array

Jul 16, 2019

bump

Jul 16, 2019

I interviewed back in May and it was a phone screen with a VP and Associate then superday. Not very hard technicals, very focused on why Wells and how you handle different situations

Jul 25, 2019

Did you get picked solely from your app or from networking ?

Jul 26, 2019

Networking. I went there with low expectations., but was very surprised how organized and how well they treated us.

Jul 16, 2019

Not 100% sure how the process is going to work but I believe the online app is just for Non-target schools and it should be phone screen in August and then super day in September.

Jul 16, 2019

Can someone pls link to the app?

Jul 16, 2019

bump

Jul 17, 2019

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I believe the application period was July 12-15. This is the case for non-core schools at least.

Jul 21, 2019

lmfao tf

Jul 21, 2019

Wells Fargo is coming to my target campus in September. But it is a little strange that applications were only open for 3 days

Jul 24, 2019

Any update on applications? I can't seem to even apply for the 2020 SA program online. Even the FT 2020 program, which is open now, isn't showing up. Can someone provide a link please

Jul 24, 2019

The apps were only open for a couple days. Now closed

Jul 24, 2019

Thanks for the info. I note that FT 2020 is open now but cannot find it on the application portal. Any ideas on how I can apply? Could you please send a link

Jul 26, 2019

are summer 2020 apps for non-targets seriously closed? wtf

Jul 26, 2019

Yes, I am at a non-target for Well Fargo and my contact reached out to me with the link. I think they did it this way intentionally to cut down the number of apps from people who haven't networked with anyone and just throw in an application.

Jul 26, 2019

Yep - luckily I'd done some research so I knew it was open for only 3 days from July 12-15 and applied the day it opened. Probably to cut down the number of applications, like the other guy said.

Jul 30, 2019

Any idea on when we should hear back for 1st rounds?

Aug 2, 2019

Heard back today for 1st round phone interview

Aug 3, 2019

Same here

Aug 5, 2019

Got cut

Aug 5, 2019

RT

Aug 5, 2019

Just got dinged for WF, however rising sophomore.

Assuming process is beginning to start if it hasn't already.

Aug 5, 2019

Just got rejection email. Junior, Non-target, 3.8 GPA, BB summer internship.

:(

Aug 5, 2019

Genuinely interested - did you do any networking at WF? And do you think that there is the possibility that they dinged you because they think that you are apt to accept at the same BB/another better firm?

Array

Aug 5, 2019

Dinged as well. I networked decently, but from my understanding they are pushing target schools (UVA, UNC, Duke ETC.) in an effort to ramp up rep. All of this is a crap shoot. Too many qualified candidates.

Aug 6, 2019

3.6 non target, phone interview is in 10 minutes wish me luck. Gotta show up the target school kids :)

Aug 5, 2019

Anyone have a good answer to "Why Wells Fargo?" "Because you will give me an interview" is obviously a bad answer but is basically the truth. Should I just go for the "strong growth of IB and Securities side, heard good things about culture and learning opportunities...."

Aug 9, 2019

Are there any technicals in the phone interview?

Aug 10, 2019

Had mine recently, and yes. Very typical, basic stuff (i.e. how to value a company, walk me through a DCF, etc.)

Aug 12, 2019

How much of the interview would you say was technical vs fit / behavioral? Was kind of assuming it would not be very technical at all. The S&T first rounds were entirely behavioral / fit except for a couple easy math questions.

Aug 12, 2019

Invited for a phone interview today with a VP and an Associate

Aug 13, 2019

I have mine today.

Aug 16, 2019

Aug 13, 2019

I just got an invite for a phone interview today. I am a non-target

Aug 13, 2019

Had mine today, much like the S&T interview, very short and almost nothing technical. Seems odd, not sure what they're going to be deciding off of.

Aug 16, 2019

WF Toronto app closes Sep. 2

Just posted to Canadian targets

Aug 16, 2019

Had my first round this week. Just some basic HR / teamwork questions and then "how would you value a company" and "what statement would you choose" and "what if you could choose two". They were done with questions after 12-15 minutes.

Aug 16, 2019

Anyone hear back about superdays yet?

Aug 16, 2019

Nope

Aug 17, 2019

They said we would find out about super days by the end of august

Aug 23, 2019

Received final round invite just now - looks like they're flying candidates in for a networking dinner the night before interviews, with interview following the next day (9/20)

Aug 23, 2019

Same

Aug 23, 2019

same

Aug 25, 2019

Same. It'll be cool to see you all there.

Aug 28, 2019

Received WF IB Superday. Can confirm its on September 19 + 20 (networking event then interviews). Good luck to everyone!

Aug 28, 2019

Does anyone know how much they are paying for this position (NY vs Charlotte) ?

Non-target, interned at Wells this summer, got a phone interview, haven't heard back for Superday

• Intern in IB - Gen
Sep 12, 2019

Everyone gets paid the same, regardless of location. $40/hr last year

Sep 13, 2019

Is there a difference in salary/bonus for the full time positions based on location?

Aug 28, 2019

Are they gonna reopen applications for this crap? How tf do we apply for this? This is some bs. The application was open for 2 days.

Aug 29, 2019

Wells took the approach of only having it open for three days this year. Likely to weed out those people (ie most people) who apply to every bank under the sun regardless of networking done with the firm. Makes it easier for WF, but it is unfortunate for people who were unaware of the application dates.

Array

Sep 3, 2019

Anyone know when they make decisions on target school candidates?

Sep 4, 2019

West coast target; SF superday Sep 18th

Sep 4, 2019

Do you have any idea when they would send out interview slots? mines in two weeks and not sure if/when they notify people if they got selected

Sep 13, 2019

Is your superday hosted in SF or Charlotte?

Sep 10, 2019

Has anyone applied for investment management? Have they heard anything?

Sep 10, 2019

Have sophomores heard back about initial interviews?

Sep 12, 2019

Recruiter told me they might not have a sophomore program for IB next summer

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Sep 12, 2019

The program, if it exists, will only be for kids who went to the freshman diversity event. Previously it used to be a sophomore diversity event; now, the sophomore diversity event is for MO roles. Acceleration made it unrealistic to recruit sophomore SAs during sophomore spring for FO roles because other banks were doing junior FO recruiting at the same time.

Sep 14, 2019

I think they screwed up with their recruiting this year or something. I go to a semi target (but not for Wells) with a mediocre / decent GPA and got interviews for both IB and S&T with resume drops through their site (no networking of any sort). First rounds were insanely easy, and they actually called me directly four days after superday signup deadline and asked if I was going to attend. Seems kind of weird for such a large firm, maybe their super short app windows backfired on them.

Sep 14, 2019

Same experience here. I'm not mad about it though haha

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Sep 14, 2019

haha yeah they tried to get ahead of "acceleration". sorry, but only JP/GS/BAML can generate interest starting in the fall.

• Prospect in Other
Sep 14, 2019

Heard WF doesn't sponsor visas for international students, is that correct?

Sep 14, 2019

Yes. No exceptions they told me.

Sep 15, 2019

I have an on-campus interview with them this upcoming week, anyone know if I should expect a lot of technicals?

Sep 20, 2019

bump

Sep 17, 2019

i have second rounds in charlotte but they only have me there for 30 minutes on the 20th. It maybe a typo. Anyone know how many interviews per second round candidate they are scheduling

Sep 17, 2019

Anyone get first rounds for investment management or financial advisory?

Sep 19, 2019

SF superday results coming in the next 24-48 hrs per recruiter

Sep 19, 2019

Anyone else think the first round interview questions were oddly easy?

Sep 20, 2019

My super day technicals were on par/even easier than the 1st round. A little bit more situational, but not much. Very surprised.

Array

Sep 20, 2019

Lol, really? From what I understand (an analyst gave me some insight), they go directly off of a template and ask the same questions for each candidate. But I wonder why they make the questions so much easier than other banks.

Sep 20, 2019

My guess is that I went into a lot of depth on the basic questions that demonstrated a pretty good understanding of the concepts, and so I think because of that they may have just cut some of the technicals out. I also think that WF cares a lot more about fit which may explain that.

Array

Controversial
Sep 20, 2019

Because most of their candidates are idiots

Sep 20, 2019

There were 94 of us there. Does anyone know how many they'll take? I like my chances

Sep 20, 2019

Do y'all know when we're supposed to hear back?

Sep 20, 2019

HR said in the next 3 - 5 days however, this differs from last year where offers were apparently extended only a handful of hours after the super day.

Sep 20, 2019

Had pre-interview dinner on Monday, OCR first-round on Tuesday, and SF superday on Wednesday. Superday was only 30 mins long, only a few technicals. Overall a very strange process.

Most Helpful
Sep 23, 2019

Just received an update. WF has all of their target school offers expiring this week and HR is still working out the numbers on how many of us they'll take from this past Friday. Wouldn't shock me if we didn't hear until this Thursday or Friday. I'm sure everyone who gets offers will be called on the same day.

Sep 23, 2019

Was this update from HR or one of your interviewers?

Sep 23, 2019

Yeah I received an update today as well with a 1-3 day timeline for offers.

Sep 23, 2019

Who was the update from @Whamm-O @MJ8172264

Sep 23, 2019

Does it matter? Someone in the firm is as specific as I'm going.

Sep 23, 2019

It would matter to an extent, he/she was asking if the update came from a banker or HR

Sep 24, 2019

Superday last Wednesday in SF, got an offer later on that same day.

Sep 25, 2019

WF said they were pushing SA offers from the 9/19-9/20 super day to the end of this week

Sep 25, 2019

Target school, 3.5 GPA with an Econ/Math double major, no networking, just received my offer. Overall, the process was quite interesting. The first interview was a 30 minute phone screen and the second interview was 20 minute behavioral/"what would you do in this situation." Everything people in this forum have said about Wells caring a lot about the person seems true. Good luck everyone

Sep 25, 2019

Were you part of the 9/19-9/20 Superday process in Charlotte?

Sep 25, 2019

Target schools weren't apart of the 9/19-9/20 superday so I would think not.

Sep 26, 2019

NY or SF?

Sep 27, 2019

Congrats! Your process seems much easier, given target background, which is really interesting.

Array

• Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 26, 2019

Still no offers for people at the 9/20 non-target superday?

Sep 26, 2019

Not yet it looks like. HR must be absolutely scrambling because they originally targeted Monday or Tuesday to let us know and @EarnedKibbles is target and just got his offer last night. Guessing that'll mean more offers for us hopefully.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 26, 2019

that's quite a stretch to assume more offers for non-targets... my thinking is everyone is being pushed back and non-target offers don't go out until next week

Sep 27, 2019

Just got an email from HR saying they currently have no exact date of when offers will be made for non-target

Sep 28, 2019

Odd that offers were given out because I received the same email saying they were going to START giving offers out by end of next week. I have still yet to hear anything. I wonder if all offers have been given out for 9/20 process or if they are still waiting to see who accepts from target schools and will continue with others next week.

Sep 27, 2019

Got an offer from the 9/20 non-target superday.

Sep 27, 2019

Just got my offer from 9/19-9/20 superday non-target

Sep 27, 2019

email or call?

Array

Sep 27, 2019

I got a call from a Charlotte number

Sep 27, 2019

For a New York position or Charlotte?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 27, 2019

That's not how it works. It's a platform offer and location is decided later

Sep 27, 2019

How long did they give you to accept?

Sep 27, 2019

Until next Wednesday. Placement day is happening mid October

Sep 27, 2019

Only two people on here got an offer so far?

• Intern in IA
Sep 27, 2019

Also interviewed 9/20 and liked my chances, haven't heard anything yet.

Sep 27, 2019

Same :/

Sep 27, 2019

I was at the non target Super Day and received an offer this afternoon. HR from Charlotte called me directly. They did not specify location as that occurs at the placement day in a month or so. Best of luck to everyone else.

Sep 27, 2019

Has anyone received an email yet or have they all just been phone calls? I just no longer have access to the phone number on record

Array

Sep 28, 2019

Anyone know how hard it is to end up in NY?

Sep 29, 2019

From my networking around 70% of IB operations are in Charlotte. Ending up in NY is highly group specific, depends on if there are open spots, and depends on how much you want it.

Sep 29, 2019

Does anyone know if WF pays overtime? If so, is it at 1.5x rate?

Sep 29, 2019

Yes and yes

Array

Sep 29, 2019

What groups would you want to work in at Wells

Sep 30, 2019

Has anyone else heard back yet?

Sep 30, 2019

I haven't yet.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 30, 2019

I haven't heard anything either

Sep 30, 2019

I'm still waiting as well. Hang in there guys, I hope we all get some good news soon.

Sep 30, 2019

So for those of us who have not heard back yet, are we toast?

Sep 30, 2019

Has anyone been in contact with HR again? Why would some people hear back last week and they not notify anyone else?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Oct 1, 2019

Could be people who listed outstanding offers or upcoming decision deadlines that were notified on Friday. Can anyone who already received an offer speak to this?

Oct 1, 2019

Anyone get put on hold?

• Prospect in IB - DCM
Oct 1, 2019

Same

Oct 1, 2019

I did too

Oct 1, 2019

Goddamn, that's a lot of you and this is probably a smallish sample. Has anyone been rejected yet? Haven't heard anything and now I'm freaking out a bit haha

Array

Oct 1, 2019

Yeah I know some people who got rejected already

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 1, 2019

Guessing there's going to be very limited spots unless the target school guys have already accepted elsewhere.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Oct 1, 2019

Source?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 1, 2019

An interviewer

Oct 1, 2019

Has anyone not heard anything yet?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 1, 2019

If you didn't receive the waitlist email this morning it'll most likely be a no-offer

Oct 1, 2019

Thank you for your super insightful comment!

Array

Oct 1, 2019

gotta love the hardo conjecture

• Intern in ER
Oct 3, 2019

Anyone know how they could possibly be ranking the waitlist if they interviewed in groups of 5? Maybe top person in the group got offered and 2nd is "on hold"? How do they compare across different interview pools?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 3, 2019

Not sure, but I do know people who were in the same group and both are on hold.

• Intern in ER
Oct 3, 2019

I would imagine that's a good sign

Oct 3, 2019

Does anyone know how many people got denied if anyone?

Oct 3, 2019

At least half of the kids from the non-target super day have been cut

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 3, 2019

Source?

Oct 4, 2019

Any idea how many people they are going to take from the waitlist?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Oct 4, 2019

They're not yet done interviewing certain people so it could be tough to say. Source: me as I am doing this

Oct 5, 2019

Anyone hear back about WIM internships?

• Intern in ER
Oct 7, 2019

One week of waiting down! 1-2 to go lol

Oct 8, 2019

I still haven't heard anything and am on the waitlist, but if it makes anyone feel better, my friend and I both declined spots with Wells. So at least that's another two spots for you guys. Best of luck

Oct 8, 2019

Not all heroes wear capes

Oct 8, 2019

Chances are low of getting off of the waitlist are low. Source: someone at the bank.

I know it's not the news a lot of us were looking for. The person said acceptance rates this year were higher for some reason.

Oct 8, 2019

At what level?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 8, 2019

Definitely the target school level

Oct 8, 2019

I also heard the same thing after some final correspondence with people at WFS. They had a lot of great non-target candidates but had to give priority to the target students.

TLDR: Probably not much mobility in regards to waitlist positioning.

Oct 8, 2019

How many people do you think they will expect to take from the waitlist?

• Intern in ER
Oct 9, 2019

You'd think they'd certainly block off some spots for non-target kids right? At least for purposes of keeping relationships w/ certain non-target schools?

Oct 15, 2019

Checking in and seeing no comments about the waitlist offers...

Oct 15, 2019

I think people on the waitlist got smoked.

Oct 15, 2019

Sorry for the news, but the spots are completely full. I was told by a VP and an associate that they would let me know if anyone renages after the placement day. They both had some less than choice words regarding HR. "The decision was made by fucking idiots who have power in the recruiting process and those people shouldn't have any power." - the associate

Array

Oct 15, 2019

They extended too many offers assuming more people on average would reject them. If you're on the waitlist you're SOL

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 9, 2019

For people who got offers or know anything about this, does WF drug test or make their offers contingent on a drug test?

• Intern in IB - Ind
Oct 9, 2019

No drug test, just fingerprinting last year.

Oct 11, 2019
Comment
Oct 15, 2019
Oct 17, 2019
Oct 17, 2019
Oct 30, 2019
Nov 3, 2019
Nov 1, 2019
Comment

Array

Pages