Wells Fargo SA 2020

ib3000's picture

Wells Fargo SA 2020 applications opened up today for IBD so I just wanted to get a thread going to stay up to date with the process. Does anyone have an idea of what the timeline is looking like, and whether they're sticking with phone interviews or using hirevues?

Good luck!

Comments (74)

Jul 12, 2019

Does anyone know if Wells Fargo IBD takes internationals?

Jul 16, 2019

Don't think so

Jul 21, 2019

They do. Kids from Poland and London in 2019 analyst class

Jul 16, 2019

bump

Jul 16, 2019

I interviewed back in May and it was a phone screen with a VP and Associate then superday. Not very hard technicals, very focused on why Wells and how you handle different situations

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Jul 25, 2019

Did you get picked solely from your app or from networking ?

Jul 26, 2019

Networking. I went there with low expectations., but was very surprised how organized and how well they treated us.

Jul 16, 2019

Not 100% sure how the process is going to work but I believe the online app is just for Non-target schools and it should be phone screen in August and then super day in September.

Jul 16, 2019

Can someone pls link to the app?

Jul 16, 2019

bump

Most Helpful
Jul 17, 2019

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I believe the application period was July 12-15. This is the case for non-core schools at least.

Jul 21, 2019

lmfao tf

Jul 21, 2019

Wells Fargo is coming to my target campus in September. But it is a little strange that applications were only open for 3 days

Jul 24, 2019

Any update on applications? I can't seem to even apply for the 2020 SA program online. Even the FT 2020 program, which is open now, isn't showing up. Can someone provide a link please

Jul 24, 2019

The apps were only open for a couple days. Now closed

Jul 24, 2019

Thanks for the info. I note that FT 2020 is open now but cannot find it on the application portal. Any ideas on how I can apply? Could you please send a link

Jul 26, 2019

are summer 2020 apps for non-targets seriously closed? wtf

Jul 26, 2019

Yes, I am at a non-target for Well Fargo and my contact reached out to me with the link. I think they did it this way intentionally to cut down the number of apps from people who haven't networked with anyone and just throw in an application.

Jul 26, 2019

Yep - luckily I'd done some research so I knew it was open for only 3 days from July 12-15 and applied the day it opened. Probably to cut down the number of applications, like the other guy said.

Jul 30, 2019

Any idea on when we should hear back for 1st rounds?

Aug 2, 2019

Heard back today for 1st round phone interview

Aug 3, 2019

Same here

Aug 5, 2019

Got cut

Aug 5, 2019

RT

Aug 5, 2019

Just got dinged for WF, however rising sophomore.

Assuming process is beginning to start if it hasn't already.

Aug 5, 2019

Just got rejection email. Junior, Non-target, 3.8 GPA, BB summer internship.

:(

Aug 5, 2019

Genuinely interested - did you do any networking at WF? And do you think that there is the possibility that they dinged you because they think that you are apt to accept at the same BB/another better firm?

Array

Aug 5, 2019

Dinged as well. I networked decently, but from my understanding they are pushing target schools (UVA, UNC, Duke ETC.) in an effort to ramp up rep. All of this is a crap shoot. Too many qualified candidates.

Aug 6, 2019

3.6 non target, phone interview is in 10 minutes wish me luck. Gotta show up the target school kids :)

Aug 5, 2019

Anyone have a good answer to "Why Wells Fargo?" "Because you will give me an interview" is obviously a bad answer but is basically the truth. Should I just go for the "strong growth of IB and Securities side, heard good things about culture and learning opportunities...."

Aug 9, 2019

Are there any technicals in the phone interview?

Aug 10, 2019

Had mine recently, and yes. Very typical, basic stuff (i.e. how to value a company, walk me through a DCF, etc.)

Aug 12, 2019

How much of the interview would you say was technical vs fit / behavioral? Was kind of assuming it would not be very technical at all. The S&T first rounds were entirely behavioral / fit except for a couple easy math questions.

Aug 12, 2019

Invited for a phone interview today with a VP and an Associate

Aug 13, 2019

I have mine today.

Aug 16, 2019

Aug 13, 2019

I just got an invite for a phone interview today. I am a non-target

Aug 13, 2019

Had mine today, much like the S&T interview, very short and almost nothing technical. Seems odd, not sure what they're going to be deciding off of.

Aug 16, 2019

WF Toronto app closes Sep. 2

Just posted to Canadian targets

Aug 16, 2019

Had my first round this week. Just some basic HR / teamwork questions and then "how would you value a company" and "what statement would you choose" and "what if you could choose two". They were done with questions after 12-15 minutes.

Aug 16, 2019

Anyone hear back about superdays yet?

Aug 16, 2019

Nope

Aug 17, 2019

They said we would find out about super days by the end of august

Aug 23, 2019

Received final round invite just now - looks like they're flying candidates in for a networking dinner the night before interviews, with interview following the next day (9/20)

Aug 23, 2019

Same

Aug 23, 2019

same

Aug 25, 2019

Same. It'll be cool to see you all there.

Aug 28, 2019

Received WF IB Superday. Can confirm its on September 19 + 20 (networking event then interviews). Good luck to everyone!

Aug 28, 2019

Does anyone know how much they are paying for this position (NY vs Charlotte) ?

Non-target, interned at Wells this summer, got a phone interview, haven't heard back for Superday

• Intern in Investment Banking - Generalist
Sep 12, 2019

Everyone gets paid the same, regardless of location. $40/hr last year

Sep 13, 2019

Is there a difference in salary/bonus for the full time positions based on location?

Aug 28, 2019

Are they gonna reopen applications for this crap? How tf do we apply for this? This is some bs. The application was open for 2 days.

Aug 29, 2019

Wells took the approach of only having it open for three days this year. Likely to weed out those people (ie most people) who apply to every bank under the sun regardless of networking done with the firm. Makes it easier for WF, but it is unfortunate for people who were unaware of the application dates.

Array

Sep 3, 2019

Anyone know when they make decisions on target school candidates?

Sep 4, 2019

West coast target; SF superday Sep 18th

Sep 4, 2019

Do you have any idea when they would send out interview slots? mines in two weeks and not sure if/when they notify people if they got selected

Sep 13, 2019

Is your superday hosted in SF or Charlotte?

Sep 10, 2019

Has anyone applied for investment management? Have they heard anything?

Sep 10, 2019

Have sophomores heard back about initial interviews?

Sep 12, 2019

Recruiter told me they might not have a sophomore program for IB next summer

• Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions
Sep 12, 2019

The program, if it exists, will only be for kids who went to the freshman diversity event. Previously it used to be a sophomore diversity event; now, the sophomore diversity event is for MO roles. Acceleration made it unrealistic to recruit sophomore SAs during sophomore spring for FO roles because other banks were doing junior FO recruiting at the same time.

Sep 14, 2019

I think they screwed up with their recruiting this year or something. I go to a semi target (but not for Wells) with a mediocre / decent GPA and got interviews for both IB and S&T with resume drops through their site (no networking of any sort). First rounds were insanely easy, and they actually called me directly four days after superday signup deadline and asked if I was going to attend. Seems kind of weird for such a large firm, maybe their super short app windows backfired on them.

Sep 14, 2019

Same experience here. I'm not mad about it though haha

Array

• Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions
Sep 14, 2019
Comment
  • Prospective Monkey in Other
Sep 14, 2019
Sep 14, 2019
Comment
Sep 15, 2019
Comment