Wells Fargo SA 2020

Wells Fargo SA 2020 applications opened up today for IBD so I just wanted to get a thread going to stay up to date with the process. Does anyone have an idea of what the timeline is looking like, and whether they're sticking with phone interviews or using hirevues?

Good luck!

Comments (218)

Jul 16, 2019 - 12:19pm
MB34, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I interviewed back in May and it was a phone screen with a VP and Associate then superday. Not very hard technicals, very focused on why Wells and how you handle different situations

Jul 16, 2019 - 4:53pm
Sneaker-Head, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Not 100% sure how the process is going to work but I believe the online app is just for Non-target schools and it should be phone screen in August and then super day in September.

Jul 21, 2019 - 5:42pm
big dawg 5, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Wells Fargo is coming to my target campus in September. But it is a little strange that applications were only open for 3 days

Jul 24, 2019 - 9:47pm
DjDDsol, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Any update on applications? I can't seem to even apply for the 2020 SA program online. Even the FT 2020 program, which is open now, isn't showing up. Can someone provide a link please

Jul 26, 2019 - 7:29pm
Steeeeeeeeve, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Yes, I am at a non-target for Well Fargo and my contact reached out to me with the link. I think they did it this way intentionally to cut down the number of apps from people who haven't networked with anyone and just throw in an application.

• Anonymous Monkey's picture
  • Anonymous Monkey
Jul 26, 2019 - 7:43pm
Anonymous Monkey, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Yep - luckily I'd done some research so I knew it was open for only 3 days from July 12-15 and applied the day it opened. Probably to cut down the number of applications, like the other guy said.

Aug 5, 2019 - 3:42pm
IBplz78, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Genuinely interested - did you do any networking at WF? And do you think that there is the possibility that they dinged you because they think that you are apt to accept at the same BB/another better firm?

Array

Aug 5, 2019 - 4:42pm
nontarget2021, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Dinged as well. I networked decently, but from my understanding they are pushing target schools (UVA, UNC, Duke ETC.) in an effort to ramp up rep. All of this is a crap shoot. Too many qualified candidates.

Aug 6, 2019 - 1:20pm
Whamm-O, what's your opinion? Comment below:

3.6 non target, phone interview is in 10 minutes wish me luck. Gotta show up the target school kids :)

Aug 5, 2019 - 7:22pm
fordgt9743, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Anyone have a good answer to "Why Wells Fargo?" "Because you will give me an interview" is obviously a bad answer but is basically the truth. Should I just go for the "strong growth of IB and Securities side, heard good things about culture and learning opportunities...."

Aug 10, 2019 - 5:47pm
swamp2021, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Had mine recently, and yes. Very typical, basic stuff (i.e. how to value a company, walk me through a DCF, etc.)

Aug 12, 2019 - 6:29pm
fordgt9743, what's your opinion? Comment below:

How much of the interview would you say was technical vs fit / behavioral? Was kind of assuming it would not be very technical at all. The S&T first rounds were entirely behavioral / fit except for a couple easy math questions.

Aug 13, 2019 - 8:58pm
Chdind, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Had mine today, much like the S&T interview, very short and almost nothing technical. Seems odd, not sure what they're going to be deciding off of.

Aug 16, 2019 - 10:53am
whomstintern, what's your opinion? Comment below:

WF Toronto app closes Sep. 2

Just posted to Canadian targets

Aug 16, 2019 - 2:18pm
JPGoldmanStanleyMD420, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Had my first round this week. Just some basic HR / teamwork questions and then "how would you value a company" and "what statement would you choose" and "what if you could choose two". They were done with questions after 12-15 minutes.

Array

Aug 23, 2019 - 3:50pm
jimmy300, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Received final round invite just now - looks like they're flying candidates in for a networking dinner the night before interviews, with interview following the next day (9/20)

Aug 28, 2019 - 5:49pm
W.B. Mason, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Received WF IB Superday. Can confirm its on September 19 + 20 (networking event then interviews). Good luck to everyone!

Aug 28, 2019 - 11:24pm
Vy-Phan, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Does anyone know how much they are paying for this position (NY vs Charlotte) ?

Non-target, interned at Wells this summer, got a phone interview, haven't heard back for Superday

• Intern in IB - Gen
Sep 12, 2019 - 11:49am

Everyone gets paid the same, regardless of location. $40/hr last year

Aug 28, 2019 - 11:51pm
TigerBull, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Are they gonna reopen applications for this crap? How tf do we apply for this? This is some bs. The application was open for 2 days.

Aug 29, 2019 - 12:57pm

Wells took the approach of only having it open for three days this year. Likely to weed out those people (ie most people) who apply to every bank under the sun regardless of networking done with the firm. Makes it easier for WF, but it is unfortunate for people who were unaware of the application dates.

Array

Sep 12, 2019 - 1:31pm
buckeyes42, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Recruiter told me they might not have a sophomore program for IB next summer

Array
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
Sep 12, 2019 - 9:12pm

The program, if it exists, will only be for kids who went to the freshman diversity event. Previously it used to be a sophomore diversity event; now, the sophomore diversity event is for MO roles. Acceleration made it unrealistic to recruit sophomore SAs during sophomore spring for FO roles because other banks were doing junior FO recruiting at the same time.

Sep 14, 2019 - 3:09pm
JPGoldmanStanleyMD420, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I think they screwed up with their recruiting this year or something. I go to a semi target (but not for Wells) with a mediocre / decent GPA and got interviews for both IB and S&T with resume drops through their site (no networking of any sort). First rounds were insanely easy, and they actually called me directly four days after superday signup deadline and asked if I was going to attend. Seems kind of weird for such a large firm, maybe their super short app windows backfired on them.

Array

Sep 14, 2019 - 11:17pm

Same experience here. I'm not mad about it though haha

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Sep 14, 2019 - 11:40pm

haha yeah they tried to get ahead of "acceleration". sorry, but only JP/GS/BAML can generate interest starting in the fall.

• Prospect in Other
Sep 14, 2019 - 3:18pm

Heard WF doesn't sponsor visas for international students, is that correct?

Sep 17, 2019 - 3:59pm
mathguy, what's your opinion? Comment below:

i have second rounds in charlotte but they only have me there for 30 minutes on the 20th. It maybe a typo. Anyone know how many interviews per second round candidate they are scheduling

Sep 20, 2019 - 3:02am

My super day technicals were on par/even easier than the 1st round. A little bit more situational, but not much. Very surprised.

Array

Sep 20, 2019 - 12:00pm
burritobank2.0, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Lol, really? From what I understand (an analyst gave me some insight), they go directly off of a template and ask the same questions for each candidate. But I wonder why they make the questions so much easier than other banks.

Sep 20, 2019 - 12:08pm

My guess is that I went into a lot of depth on the basic questions that demonstrated a pretty good understanding of the concepts, and so I think because of that they may have just cut some of the technicals out. I also think that WF cares a lot more about fit which may explain that.

Array

Sep 20, 2019 - 7:47pm
BankingChimp2, what's your opinion? Comment below:

HR said in the next 3 - 5 days however, this differs from last year where offers were apparently extended only a handful of hours after the super day.

Sep 20, 2019 - 9:22pm
random2021, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Had pre-interview dinner on Monday, OCR first-round on Tuesday, and SF superday on Wednesday. Superday was only 30 mins long, only a few technicals. Overall a very strange process.

Most Helpful
Sep 23, 2019 - 11:34am

Just received an update. WF has all of their target school offers expiring this week and HR is still working out the numbers on how many of us they'll take from this past Friday. Wouldn't shock me if we didn't hear until this Thursday or Friday. I'm sure everyone who gets offers will be called on the same day.

Sep 23, 2019 - 11:57pm
a_monkey_is_no_one, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Was this update from HR or one of your interviewers?

Array
Sep 23, 2019 - 5:54pm
8172264, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Yeah I received an update today as well with a 1-3 day timeline for offers.

Array
Sep 23, 2019 - 8:54pm
mghtyluv4141, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Who was the update from @Whamm-O" @MJ8172264"

Array
Sep 23, 2019 - 10:07pm

Does it matter? Someone in the firm is as specific as I'm going.

Sep 23, 2019 - 11:58pm

It would matter to an extent, he/she was asking if the update came from a banker or HR

Array
Sep 25, 2019 - 8:21pm
EarnedKibbles A1, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Target school, 3.5 GPA with an Econ/Math double major, no networking, just received my offer. Overall, the process was quite interesting. The first interview was a 30 minute phone screen and the second interview was 20 minute behavioral/"what would you do in this situation." Everything people in this forum have said about Wells caring a lot about the person seems true. Good luck everyone

• Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 26, 2019 - 4:16pm

Still no offers for people at the 9/20 non-target superday?

Sep 26, 2019 - 7:03pm

Not yet it looks like. HR must be absolutely scrambling because they originally targeted Monday or Tuesday to let us know and @EarnedKibbles" is target and just got his offer last night. Guessing that'll mean more offers for us hopefully.

Sep 28, 2019 - 8:11am
8172264, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Odd that offers were given out because I received the same email saying they were going to START giving offers out by end of next week. I have still yet to hear anything. I wonder if all offers have been given out for 9/20 process or if they are still waiting to see who accepts from target schools and will continue with others next week.

Array
Sep 27, 2019 - 4:26pm

email or call?

Array

• Intern in IA
Sep 27, 2019 - 6:16pm

Also interviewed 9/20 and liked my chances, haven't heard anything yet.

Sep 27, 2019 - 8:43pm
BankingChimp2, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I was at the non target Super Day and received an offer this afternoon. HR from Charlotte called me directly. They did not specify location as that occurs at the placement day in a month or so. Best of luck to everyone else.

Sep 27, 2019 - 9:47pm

Has anyone received an email yet or have they all just been phone calls? I just no longer have access to the phone number on record

Array

Sep 29, 2019 - 6:12am
chimp4692, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Does anyone know if WF pays overtime? If so, is it at 1.5x rate?

Sep 29, 2019 - 6:14am

Yes and yes

Array

Sep 30, 2019 - 2:16pm
W.B. Mason, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I'm still waiting as well. Hang in there guys, I hope we all get some good news soon.

Sep 30, 2019 - 9:06pm

So for those of us who have not heard back yet, are we toast?

Array
Sep 30, 2019 - 9:57pm
FinanceGrad2021, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Has anyone been in contact with HR again? Why would some people hear back last week and they not notify anyone else?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Oct 1, 2019 - 1:34am

Could be people who listed outstanding offers or upcoming decision deadlines that were notified on Friday. Can anyone who already received an offer speak to this?

Oct 1, 2019 - 10:54am

Goddamn, that's a lot of you and this is probably a smallish sample. Has anyone been rejected yet? Haven't heard anything and now I'm freaking out a bit haha

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 1, 2019 - 1:09pm

Guessing there's going to be very limited spots unless the target school guys have already accepted elsewhere.

Oct 1, 2019 - 1:23pm

Has anyone not heard anything yet?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 1, 2019 - 1:35pm

If you didn't receive the waitlist email this morning it'll most likely be a no-offer

Oct 1, 2019 - 1:51pm

Thank you for your super insightful comment!

Array

• Intern in ER
Oct 3, 2019 - 11:03am

Anyone know how they could possibly be ranking the waitlist if they interviewed in groups of 5? Maybe top person in the group got offered and 2nd is "on hold"? How do they compare across different interview pools?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 3, 2019 - 11:32am

Not sure, but I do know people who were in the same group and both are on hold.

Oct 3, 2019 - 3:02pm
GoldmanFacts, what's your opinion? Comment below:

At least half of the kids from the non-target super day have been cut

Oct 4, 2019 - 9:22am
Noncompliance101, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Any idea how many people they are going to take from the waitlist?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Oct 4, 2019 - 12:00pm

They're not yet done interviewing certain people so it could be tough to say. Source: me as I am doing this

Oct 8, 2019 - 2:46am
TREBITDA, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I still haven't heard anything and am on the waitlist, but if it makes anyone feel better, my friend and I both declined spots with Wells. So at least that's another two spots for you guys. Best of luck

Array

Oct 8, 2019 - 1:28pm
Noncompliance101, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Chances are low of getting off of the waitlist are low. Source: someone at the bank.

I know it's not the news a lot of us were looking for. The person said acceptance rates this year were higher for some reason.

Oct 8, 2019 - 1:41pm
TREBITDA, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I also heard the same thing after some final correspondence with people at WFS. They had a lot of great non-target candidates but had to give priority to the target students.

TLDR: Probably not much mobility in regards to waitlist positioning.

Array

Oct 8, 2019 - 10:35pm
GoldmanFacts, what's your opinion? Comment below:

How many people do you think they will expect to take from the waitlist?

Oct 15, 2019 - 1:05am

Sorry for the news, but the spots are completely full. I was told by a VP and an associate that they would let me know if anyone renages after the placement day. They both had some less than choice words regarding HR. "The decision was made by fucking idiots who have power in the recruiting process and those people shouldn't have any power." - the associate

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 9, 2019 - 6:03pm

For people who got offers or know anything about this, does WF drug test or make their offers contingent on a drug test?

• Intern in IB - Cov
Oct 9, 2019 - 11:41pm

No drug test, just fingerprinting last year.

Oct 11, 2019 - 3:02am
Richard-Singar, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Omnis iusto tenetur vel et autem modi. Ea dolor incidunt qui ex. Consequuntur qui voluptatem ea et officiis dolor.

Eum hic in rerum expedita repellendus repellendus. Et et voluptatem harum mollitia optio quod. Quod dolor veritatis aut et sit.

In veniam voluptatem dicta sint corrupti voluptate laborum. Cumque et et ea nihil blanditiis nihil.

At ducimus et facilis non. Quis omnis molestiae at. Ut suscipit temporibus dolorum minima adipisci omnis.

Oct 15, 2019 - 12:18pm
beeezy, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Est quia velit exercitationem provident tempora consequatur omnis. Rerum aut deleniti fugit vitae atque deleniti. Occaecati vitae ratione ducimus dolorem. Nostrum quibusdam non error omnis saepe et. Repellat maiores rem nisi nulla accusamus soluta quo neque.

Excepturi repellendus consequuntur dolores rem alias. Architecto et quia voluptatem voluptate. Repudiandae fugit impedit asperiores.

Vel inventore quibusdam quis consectetur autem officiis repudiandae. Enim mollitia aliquid accusamus voluptas expedita tempore sit. Recusandae id ipsa voluptas dolores nihil. Molestias iusto iusto alias vitae corrupti repellendus nulla.

Oct 17, 2019 - 6:56am
goingcorporate1998, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Eos maiores doloribus commodi est. Et ullam enim culpa fugiat ex. Nesciunt et quibusdam eum minus.

Accusantium et culpa est dolor distinctio. Explicabo ut esse eum necessitatibus ipsam.

Aut omnis quo corrupti voluptatem nemo. Earum in tenetur et minima animi est id. Ut sit sed dolor qui. Repellendus aliquam totam molestias consequatur fugit nam. Nesciunt tempore cumque quis nihil. Deserunt cum repellat cumque ipsum. Assumenda excepturi corporis vitae perferendis.

Oct 21, 2019 - 1:50pm
LevFinHardo, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Reiciendis ab deserunt aut corrupti non sed iusto. Minus reprehenderit deserunt deleniti et vitae officiis fuga. Fuga similique at facere atque libero. Cupiditate odit sint occaecati.

Modi eaque id nam tenetur. Cumque quo omnis voluptatem sed ut est omnis. Est ipsam sequi provident a qui natus et debitis. Nulla iure veritatis aliquid est est. Deleniti placeat voluptas enim et et. Sapiente repellat dolorem magnam et sed voluptatum possimus.

Maxime vel ipsa autem aperiam quisquam enim. Nihil omnis consequatur aut perspiciatis vel fugiat voluptatem. Suscipit architecto veritatis laudantium harum. A expedita dolores omnis eaque et est delectus.

Oct 30, 2019 - 2:37pm
5cents55, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Odit sint omnis velit et porro laudantium sit. Asperiores iure asperiores dolores ut quo quisquam. Libero consequatur et facilis aliquid quaerat nihil saepe. Saepe quasi sunt eveniet fuga illum quo dignissimos. Dolores omnis incidunt porro delectus.

Illo ipsa eum ipsa impedit nesciunt voluptatum distinctio. Cum quis et optio eligendi voluptatibus dignissimos accusamus.

Deleniti labore eos ratione animi pariatur dolore. Aut laudantium similique eum. Voluptate nihil beatae et labore est ipsum.

Illum minima laudantium perferendis eum ad. Id aliquam eos quia earum veritatis nam tempore. Et consequatur ut facere omnis accusamus ea iste. Aliquid quia incidunt neque repudiandae odio dolore. Ab quisquam omnis cumque.

Nov 3, 2019 - 1:31am
FinanceGrad2021, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Rerum dolor nesciunt dolorum et iste. Laboriosam minima rerum quia incidunt enim excepturi voluptas in. Qui omnis voluptatem voluptas est voluptas odit sed. Itaque eligendi suscipit saepe ex ea facilis vitae. Qui sit voluptatibus numquam sit nesciunt sit ipsam. Aut et vitae nesciunt.

Laboriosam consectetur voluptatibus sunt fugiat voluptates omnis accusantium. Vero adipisci illum est. Est illo suscipit eligendi repellendus qui id. Deserunt quod enim magni modi enim. Rerum laboriosam optio in placeat repellat.

Nov 11, 2019 - 11:18am
weeklongrun21, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Quia nam et et in et exercitationem. Facilis maiores assumenda officia exercitationem aperiam repellendus ut. Ratione quos tempore quibusdam officia et. Quaerat aliquam sunt id est rerum illo consectetur. Doloribus et accusamus provident qui voluptatibus est.

Ut nostrum unde magnam nihil. Maxime sit perspiciatis sunt et quo tempore.

Dolor consequatur accusantium ab ea. Reiciendis et quo amet tenetur mollitia tenetur. Illo dolorem impedit omnis quasi itaque amet quia non. Dolores consequatur neque illo blanditiis.

Quisquam quisquam tempore soluta expedita laboriosam voluptas esse. Voluptatem tempora adipisci optio enim aliquam ad. Eos amet reprehenderit soluta ut. Ad modi nam non sequi veritatis. Assumenda voluptates vel aut aut. Voluptatem dicta minus soluta dolorum distinctio voluptas. Temporibus enim aut corporis sit velit.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

May 2022 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $661
  • Vice President (36) $393
  • Associates (181) $246
  • 2nd Year Analyst (111) $161
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (17) $156
  • 1st Year Analyst (350) $148
  • Intern/Summer Associate (74) $147
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (272) $91