London SA 2021 Spreadsheet

G'Day fellow monkeys,

I made a simple spreadsheet containing information about Summer Analyst 2021 positions in London. Feel free to add additional information related to Associate, Off-Cycle, and Sprint Insight internships; change the setup; edit information; and add additional companies to the list. Just try to keep it accessible and useful for everybody.

Let me know if something is not working and good luck with the recruiting!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QYpqB49C-…

Remark: I uploaded the file again and now, if everything is correct, I am the only one that can edit the file. Just drop changes in the comments and I will keep updating the file.

The file can't be shared with people that request access through their Big Four email adress.

Greenhill London’s graduate recruitment is focused on its summer internship programme, and offers for full-time analyst roles (commencing the following July after the internship) are primarily extended to exceptional summer interns.

Applications for the Summer 2021 Internship will be open from 24th August 2020 until the 24th October 2020.

OP remove the white sheet which is super imposed on the spreadsheet. Someone has tried hide the data so people can't edit it 

1 - As an intern, what would you like to achieve in your 10 weeks at PWP? (250 words)

2 - In the story of your life so far, what would be the title of your autobiography? (250 words)

3 - What strategic alternatives might a company have if they do not engage in M&A? (250 words)

4 - What do you think has been the most strategically successful M&A deal you’ve seen in the last few years and why? (250 words)

5 - What is one question you would like to ask Dietrich Becker, if you had the opportunity? (250 words)

Anyone got any ideas for Q2? Maybe I could compare my life to a movie title or something idk

Draw the comparison between your life and the movie Django Unchained. Compare fighting your way into IB to Django’s fight out of slavery - this will go down well for sure.

Seriously though this is a retarded question. Wouldn’t worry about it too much - these questions are more about rejecting candidates who write bad answers, rather than rewarding good ones.

Are titles of biographies ordinarily 200+ words long? How about questions you ask people ordinarily? 

I agree about at least 200 for the other three...

Is DB open? Heard from someone that it opened yesterday but could not find the link.

This may sound stupid but is it too late to apply? I mean most opened on 31st August and yet I think most applications just go in the first couple of hours?

You do know most -- even competitive candidates with good resumes -- apply in late Sept. or early October right? Maybe 1% of the total applications come on the first day. 

Unless you're a non-target desperately trying to show their ultra-super-keenness to apply, it will make no difference whatsoever whether you apply now, or in a week, or two weeks. It will make a difference if you apply now/ in a week vs applying on the week before deadlines shut, sure -- but its a ridiculous question to ask whether it's "too late" to send off an application two days after they've opened....

Hey guys, on the Citi app I can see EMEA competency questions but no covering letter. Also, it only seems to require the CV at the point of starting the application (i.e. to upload) but does not show it thereafter.... is anyone else noticing the same thing?

Thanks! :)

Tbh, I also did not see the option to submit it either weirdly. Just an option to upload transcripts :/

Five questions.  Most are the usual tell me about a time you had to _______ (multitask, work in a team, etc.)  One technical question.  3 minutes for each question and 30 seconds to think. 

Most Helpful

Tad hypocritical, no? Just above you were saying HR prefer applicants who apply in late September/ early October due to their apparent confidence and here you are saying it's been a week since you hit apply on your JPM app.

Lacking confidence are we?

Because of a death in the family, I haven't been able to jump on these applications as quickly as I would have liked but as long as I am getting everything in within 10 to 14 days of the opening date I feel I should make the cut. Maybe if you are non-target, don't have any spring weeks or solid finance internships you are in a different boat and you have to apply within three seconds of the application opening but as I say I feel should make the cut. I certainly wouldn't intentionally delay an application to impress HR with my confidence but I am not rushing my applications either, I take time to read the questions and research very solid (and hopefully impressive) answers. I spent 3 days on my PWP answers and crushed it, consequently, I had a first-round interview yesterday and will hear in a week or two if I am through to the next round. 

I have no idea if applying reasonably early and producing well crafted/well researched answers/covers is going to be more effective than applying straight away and copying and pasting generic shit into the application box but my approach has delivered Spring Weeks and finance internships previously so I am sticking with it.

Stop ask if BoA is already closed or not, if you cannot find their link in the portal then you shouldn't be able to apply for SA.

Hi Guys, my name is Bisola, a former Warwick student, and now also ex-J.P Morgan (Equity Research) & EY (Advisory Consultant).

Last year, I built a spreadsheet tool that gathered a complete list of top companies that do 1st and 2nd year internships and 3rd year grad programmes with useful info such as: which company is open and closed as well as the application deadline.

Because so many students found it useful, we decided to do it again this year. You can check out the tool here:

https://www.sheetswebapp.io/

If any of you have any questions generally about securing internships or grad programmes, you can shoot me a message from there and I'll respond.

Has anyone heard from Citi? I have not received the tests even :/

LAZ SA 2021 and FT 2021 both appear to have been filled for LDN.

“Our 2021 Summer Internship programme has been successfully filled through early talent programmes. Should places become available, information will be displayed on our website. If you are interested in this programme, we would encourage you to create a profile to receive alerts for any relevant opportunities.”

No clue about downsizing. All I know is that for spring weeks/spring week converts may very well be the vast bulk of summer 2021 recruits for some boutiques/MM/EBs.

Connected with someone at an MM last week (day after the SA apps opened for that MM) and they asked me to apply ASAP saying they had already interviewed a few people. I asked them how it was possible lol, they said all of them had been fast tracked from Spring Weeks....

The reason the LAZ thing is a little scary/annoying is that now I think of it DB, CS and BARC have not even opened.

Each of them have a spring week programme (I think) and I would not be surprised at all if they are doing the fast track interviews first.

Similarly, heard someone say Rothschild were doing spring fast tracks. If these things are true, in theory the SA 2021 at these places (and maybe some others) can look very UK [this is not a jibe - literally just basing it on what little I have seen so far, please correct me if I am wrong].

I know of two other BB's that are doing fast tracks for Spring Week Alumni. What do you mean when you say SA 2021 starting to look very UK? Do you mean that there will be less opportunities outside London or that the SA 2021 cohort will be demographically skewed towards British students(there was a good mix of British and non British on my spring weeks btw). 

I meant the latter because from what little I had seen there were more people from the UK on spring weeks than on summer internships.

Can I ask which two BBs are doing this acceleration?

Submitted my application for JPM earlier today and got rejected after an hour - I did put graduation date to Jan 21 - Jun 21. Are they really that strict about the penultimate year thing?

I’ve recently started a newsletter to interview one junior banker each week, to share their story on how they broke into investment banking, smashed their internship etc.

My reason for starting this newsletter is that I got a lot of help when I was getting started in banking and want to be able to pass this on. I was an M&A analyst at Evercore in London, and also did my summer internship at Evercore. Prior to that, I did spring weeks at Lazard, BAML and RBS

I’m also planning to regular free CV reviews and post other content on how to smash the IB application and interview process.

Had one first round interview and got another first round coming this week, both small EB's without tests or hirevue who didn't run Spring weeks this summer. I think they are both moving fast to interview applicants who attended spring weeks with their competitors. Been rejected by UBS. Awaiting two accelerated assessment centres won off the back of spring weeks. To be honest I am really enjoying the application cycle it's like The Hunger Games for Hardos. 

The LSE on Paternoster square has its capital markets app open 

They send it immediately if you pass the basic requirements. I believe final years are welcome to apply but you should check in their FAQs and job description

Aut et laudantium dolor sapiente iure. Odio blanditiis laborum unde reprehenderit quidem blanditiis. Rem ipsa accusamus laborum totam suscipit soluta id et. Quam deleniti sed facilis aut sunt. Eveniet placeat alias laborum itaque. A repellat repudiandae architecto repellat.

Itaque ut veritatis velit non ut rerum corporis. Quia temporibus ab quis enim. Animi molestiae quas esse est aut id ipsam. Sed tempora sit illum consequatur odio. Qui distinctio ut sint quis iure.

Aut eos laborum dolor odit aut ad aspernatur. Praesentium quasi nihil qui voluptas. Aspernatur nostrum incidunt quod et aut enim.

Esse rem rerum pariatur aut eligendi. Eos nemo asperiores porro molestiae dolor accusamus aut eveniet.

Magni ipsam facilis et aut vero repellat. Impedit et et consequatur velit fugiat eos ab. Quia quia aliquam qui.

Officia architecto delectus aut maxime. Qui culpa occaecati placeat officiis velit. Nesciunt et commodi molestias velit tempore veniam aliquam.

Hic qui est enim et tempora nulla eos. Sunt veritatis est dicta laborum provident ullam non.

Ipsum voluptate eum expedita ut repellendus. Accusantium aut et aut velit rerum perferendis veritatis non. Illum qui quaerat quo culpa mollitia et sint.

Sed ea dolores delectus est reiciendis id voluptas. Voluptates dolores nisi libero sint accusantium omnis veniam. Voluptate voluptatum rerum accusantium. Placeat asperiores dolore quo totam. Voluptatibus similique molestiae culpa quasi qui perspiciatis magnam. Repellat unde soluta saepe et sit et eaque sapiente.

Consequatur quia temporibus non tenetur at harum est consequatur. Nobis quo natus voluptate qui voluptas vitae dolores. Officiis ut nisi dolores voluptatum aperiam hic enim.

Earum voluptate aperiam consequatur quas impedit aut. Exercitationem eum quae et voluptas. Fugit labore maiores sit provident saepe. Et voluptatem nemo animi consequuntur esse. Ex necessitatibus quas doloremque.

Eaque debitis enim neque qui totam. Voluptate rerum perferendis in velit cumque. Sed dolores aut nostrum fuga fugit. Voluptatibus provident dolores assumenda necessitatibus ratione veritatis itaque. Consequatur error facilis qui rerum repellendus sed necessitatibus. Dolore sed doloremque veritatis molestiae enim reprehenderit accusantium.

Deleniti sint numquam pariatur odit qui. Ad dolorem non aut. Repellat dolor suscipit id consectetur est quis assumenda. Laboriosam sit qui ab autem. Eum vitae corporis quisquam unde sequi impedit qui eos. Sed nihil quidem consequatur quos ut. Accusantium vero perspiciatis tempore ratione eligendi odit.

Quia aut qui magnam et sit. Nisi dicta est vero consequatur est voluptatem. Suscipit eos consectetur quasi commodi. Eum deleniti pariatur aliquid veritatis enim consequatur sit voluptatibus.

Labore vel enim nihil eveniet est. Est ut sed consequatur voluptatem deleniti molestiae consequatur. Quidem quisquam repudiandae ullam ut nisi saepe voluptatibus voluptatem. Reprehenderit ut dignissimos voluptas id sed et velit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”