2019 Goldman Sachs IBD Summer Analyst

I don't think there's already a forum on Goldman's 2019 IBD Summer Analyst recruiting process, so figured I'd start one. Please share insights/questions below! Is anyone else recruiting through the accelerated timeline?

Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Timeline

It seems like the recruiting cycle starts earlier every year. While there's no guarantee that the next year's cycle will follow a similar pattern, here is what WSO community members have reported for 2019 SA positions.

Early Action (applications closed May 15th)

• HireVues: mid to end-April
  • Superdays: invites sent out early May, Superdays held mid to end-May
  • Offer decision deadline: September 1st

Regular: (applications opened July 1st)

• HireVues: early to mid August
  • Superdays: invites sent early September, Superdays held mid to end-September
  • Offer decision deadline: TBD

Tips for Applying and Interviewing

Network. Network. Network.

HireVues are likely to focus on behavioral questions. Check out this post for specific HireVue tips.

For the Superday, you'll likely have multiple 30-minute interviews. Previous cycle candidates share their experiences in the forum post about GS 2018 Superday.

Want to ace your investment banking interview?

Check out WSO's investment banking interview course for access to 10+ hours of videos, 203+ technical questions and over 127 detailed behavioral questions and answers.

IB Interview Course

Comments (954)

Apr 20, 2018 - 12:59pm

"Application Under Review"

"You have not been selected to interview during our Early Action process, however, your application is still under consideration. You will be contacted with an update to your status in the fall. We appreciate your patience."

is that a ding?

Apr 20, 2018 - 1:14pm

My NY app says "Selected for Interview", other locations still say Application Received. No hirevue email yet.

Array

Apr 20, 2018 - 5:28pm

Does anyone know if this hirevue is for all divisions or not? While my IBD status says "selected for interview" and IMD is still under review but under it says you will only complete one hirevue for the recruiting season for all divisions so I am a bit confused.

Apr 20, 2018 - 5:58pm

From what I've heard, your Hirevue will have the behavioral, 1 question for IBD, and 1 question for IMD. If your IMD gets chosen for a Hirevue later, you've already done it. Basically just be prepared to answer an additional question for IMD now.

Array

Funniest
Apr 22, 2018 - 2:36pm

It's really not in anyone's best interest to share the Hirevue questions considering they would be giving their competition a clear leg up on themselves.

Array

Apr 23, 2018 - 2:20pm

Under my application portal, it says "selected to interview", but I have not received my email with a HireVue link yet. I am worried that I'd be missing out on the HireVue deadline in case a glitch has occured. This is for IBD 2019 in a non-NY, non-West Coast office

Apr 23, 2018 - 6:49pm

SEC is often the one that asks for a stock pitch, but if you have an IB hirevue now I've been told you'll do the GIR/SEC questions now even if they recruit later. so yes, I might prepare for a stock pitch question, but it wouldn't be for your IB app

Array

Apr 24, 2018 - 2:02am

Former GS IBD analyst here. Just wanted to say good luck to you all! I was pre-HireVue for my recruitment, but if anyone needs a piece of advice, feel free to DM.

Apr 27, 2018 - 2:05pm

Just for info and in order to get an idea. Are you guys currently in your last year grad or are you mostly 3rd year undergrad? cos next year (sept 18-june 19) I'll be doing a one year msc. So I'm trying to understand the timing of the applications procedures ;)

Thankss and good luck to all of you!

Apr 30, 2018 - 7:48pm

maybe he is a troll - but GS is quite secretive and they do somtimes have random superdays. it is also possible he may have other big offers so they are letting him have an early superday.

it is also even possible he knows a group very well/partner in a group very well - and this specific group is doing a superday potentially for people who have networked extremely well/have high up connections.

I do not think this is normal though. he did mention stock competitions though so I am not sure if he has an IBD or Securities superday?

May 2, 2018 - 1:45pm
Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

November 2020 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (18) $713
  • Vice President (51) $332
  • Associates (271) $228
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (39) $161
  • 2nd Year Analyst (152) $153
  • Intern/Summer Associate (139) $139
  • 1st Year Analyst (592) $130
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (565) $82