WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (74)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
May 23, 2021 - 7:05pm

reach out to HR and ask them to get it reversed. it's a "glitch" that they have not fixed (intentionally i believe) but it's reversable. Source: I worked there

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 24, 2021 - 5:47am

If HV's are in September is there any reason to apply now? I have an internship that would be relevant to the position that will finish up in August. 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 3, 2021 - 1:32pm

Did anyone just receive an assessment from UBS?  I am confused because it is literally a link from a campus recruiter and it says nothing else.  Just wondering if anyone else got the same thing?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 3, 2021 - 1:49pm

Me too and then I checked the portal and saw a notification saying I needed to do an assessment.  Anyone know what it is or what it is like?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 3, 2021 - 6:40pm

Applied last year. Everyone got the assessments immediately after applying. After that, a Hirevue/Sonru was given to select individuals and acted as a first round. Then there was a super day. The recruiter who sent the first round invites last time was the same person who sent the assessments today. Do they matter this year and are they selective? I got the first round last year and completely tanked the assessments. It even said last year that they don't affect your candidacy. It's not like CS where it matters a lot

Jun 4, 2021 - 3:09pm

Just did mine. The numerical reasoning test was based fully on some tables provided & overall just a mix of arithmetic & gathering data. The questions are timed, but I'm not sure if the amount of time spent on one question is taken into account? Not too difficult, but there were 3-4 that did trip me up personally (the table based around bus departure times)

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 3, 2021 - 11:26pm

To see how selective to this, can anyone respond if they already applied to UBS but did not receive the assessment notification today?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 4, 2021 - 8:58pm

Does anyone know when UBS start sending out first-rounds for IB non-diversity candidates? Seems like they sent out the assessment for a bunch of people, including myself

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 10, 2021 - 12:36am

The assessments do not matter. I'm guessing there was some error that caused people who applied before June x to not receive the assessments since we are supposed to get them immediately after applying. That's why the recruiter sent out a link to all of us who applied before June. They are not selective. It looks like as long as you meet the sponsorship and GPA requirements you get them.

My friend applied recently and got the assessments within 10 minutes. The e-mail explicitly states "these assessments are a necessary part of your application process and will not negatively impact your candidacy." This confirms my experience when I applied last year because it said the assessments were in a pilot phase and did not affect candidacy. I tanked them and didn't try but still received their selective video first round called Sonru, which is pretty much like Hirevue.

However, if you still want to be on the safe side, I recommend having a graphing calculator that you can type out many long expressions quickly and reference their answers. You don't need to graph for any of the problems, but the arithmetic is so much smoother and faster on a TI. Most of the trickier problems will basically be a race against the clock in how fast you can do type expressions in your calculator and then scroll and select an answer. None of the problems are hard though. Probably 5th grade math max.

Hope this helps. Don't stress too much 

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

June 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (203) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (115) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (97) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (27) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (420) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (338) $82