WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (403)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
May 23, 2021 - 7:05pm

reach out to HR and ask them to get it reversed. it's a "glitch" that they have not fixed (intentionally i believe) but it's reversable. Source: I worked there

Jun 2, 2021 - 11:43am

By auto-dinged do u mean they sent a rejection email straight away? Also where do they check for whether I'm international or not (if I didn't say i need visa sponsorship

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 22, 2021 - 9:20pm

Is there an assessment that we need to do? I think we are supposed to receive one, but I didn't get one.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 24, 2021 - 5:47am

If HV's are in September is there any reason to apply now? I have an internship that would be relevant to the position that will finish up in August. 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 3, 2021 - 1:32pm

Did anyone just receive an assessment from UBS?  I am confused because it is literally a link from a campus recruiter and it says nothing else.  Just wondering if anyone else got the same thing?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 3, 2021 - 2:27pm

Does anyone know how important these tests are? Does it affect your candidacy if you mess up?

Most Helpful
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 3, 2021 - 6:40pm

Applied last year. Everyone got the assessments immediately after applying. After that, a Hirevue/Sonru was given to select individuals and acted as a first round. Then there was a super day. The recruiter who sent the first round invites last time was the same person who sent the assessments today. Do they matter this year and are they selective? I got the first round last year and completely tanked the assessments. It even said last year that they don't affect your candidacy. It's not like CS where it matters a lot

Jun 4, 2021 - 3:09pm

Just did mine. The numerical reasoning test was based fully on some tables provided & overall just a mix of arithmetic & gathering data. The questions are timed, but I'm not sure if the amount of time spent on one question is taken into account? Not too difficult, but there were 3-4 that did trip me up personally (the table based around bus departure times)

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 3, 2021 - 11:26pm

To see how selective to this, can anyone respond if they already applied to UBS but did not receive the assessment notification today?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 4, 2021 - 8:58pm

Does anyone know when UBS start sending out first-rounds for IB non-diversity candidates? Seems like they sent out the assessment for a bunch of people, including myself

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 10, 2021 - 12:36am

The assessments do not matter. I'm guessing there was some error that caused people who applied before June x to not receive the assessments since we are supposed to get them immediately after applying. That's why the recruiter sent out a link to all of us who applied before June. They are not selective. It looks like as long as you meet the sponsorship and GPA requirements you get them.

My friend applied recently and got the assessments within 10 minutes. The e-mail explicitly states "these assessments are a necessary part of your application process and will not negatively impact your candidacy." This confirms my experience when I applied last year because it said the assessments were in a pilot phase and did not affect candidacy. I tanked them and didn't try but still received their selective video first round called Sonru, which is pretty much like Hirevue.

However, if you still want to be on the safe side, I recommend having a graphing calculator that you can type out many long expressions quickly and reference their answers. You don't need to graph for any of the problems, but the arithmetic is so much smoother and faster on a TI. Most of the trickier problems will basically be a race against the clock in how fast you can do type expressions in your calculator and then scroll and select an answer. None of the problems are hard though. Probably 5th grade math max.

Hope this helps. Don't stress too much 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2021 - 10:50pm

Thank you for sharing! What were the questions asked by Sonru? Were there similar to Hirevue in terms of format? Can you share more insights?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 10, 2021 - 10:58pm

I know - it almost seems like every bank has accelerated their timeline further. The top kids won't be there by September 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 10, 2021 - 10:58pm

Not necessarily. The job isn't rocket science. Most people can learn it after doing enough reps. It's more about the intangibles and having the stamina to handle long hours. Also have to be cool enough that people can deal with you for long work weeks. I mean we are going to be interns after all. We won't be impacting the bank in any significant way. It's not like the NBA and drafting top rookie talent. That being said, I hope UBS goes earlier. Didn't like waiting till Sept last year

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 17, 2021 - 9:01pm

Really? The Sonru? Are you target or diversity?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2021 - 11:27pm

When does UBS start interviewing non-diversity? I saw some people say August, but are there any changes being made?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 15, 2021 - 7:33pm

Is this for NY IBD? If so, are you target or diversity?

Jul 16, 2021 - 11:09pm

Does anyone's contacts know what's going on? I applied a month ago, and have not received a sonru, networked with an ED. Does this mean I'm out?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 19, 2021 - 4:30pm

For those who got Sonru, was it like Hirevue in terms of question types? Any question asked you to describe a recent deal/merger?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 21, 2021 - 3:10pm

Does anyone know how they handle applications for different locations? I was asked to do sonru for NY but have a stronger connection at the Chicago office (applied for both locations). Was wondering if I should tell my connection at the Chicago office and maybe he will help me change my preference to Chicago, and should I do it NOW or after I received the next step (if it does happen, not sure how my sonru goes)?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 22, 2021 - 2:02pm

Does anyone know the selection criteria for the sonru interview? Like how good it has to be in order to move you forward the process?

Jul 23, 2021 - 1:50pm

Sint in ducimus laboriosam laborum. Id sunt minima labore nesciunt. Reiciendis odit qui et. Rerum excepturi modi et perferendis recusandae harum.

Accusantium rerum aut distinctio natus autem quidem sit. Impedit exercitationem ullam distinctio adipisci inventore omnis ea illum.

Suscipit dolorum accusantium et iste maiores placeat eaque. Non minus facilis laboriosam a repudiandae. Est vitae non doloremque. Numquam ea ut nobis porro id ipsum laborum sapiente.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 27, 2021 - 2:07pm

Et consequatur eum eligendi aut ratione eligendi totam. Repudiandae quia sint rerum et similique est. Excepturi sit laboriosam molestiae dignissimos aut omnis quod. Rerum dignissimos ratione velit accusamus accusamus consectetur quia. Fuga iusto ut incidunt iusto. Eos molestias minima eaque ut amet tempore qui.

Porro suscipit labore laborum dignissimos. Consequatur quia est facilis sit voluptatem quia. Aut explicabo corrupti alias facere consequuntur quasi dolores.

Jul 27, 2021 - 8:57pm

Quia in ut corrupti voluptatibus natus quas. Porro quo soluta et voluptatem unde iusto voluptas. Corporis eum maiores veritatis animi soluta architecto impedit. Quos necessitatibus ea nemo minus et. Adipisci accusamus est necessitatibus tempora. Deserunt quo molestiae est ut pariatur autem. Omnis rerum provident quia hic ut est suscipit perferendis.

Doloribus quam ut quibusdam natus assumenda. Non ab non et expedita. Voluptatem hic quia ut distinctio rem at unde rerum. Fugiat et ipsa quis. Voluptatum et exercitationem accusantium consectetur dolorem maxime. In in animi aspernatur et.

Natus exercitationem a quis laudantium non. Qui labore eaque odio repellendus consequuntur. Nemo tenetur earum saepe occaecati perferendis. Ratione illum expedita pariatur itaque sit quidem. Aut quos quia soluta sed sint.

Voluptatum iusto totam voluptatem. Id modi eos consectetur quasi optio.

Jul 26, 2021 - 10:03am

Cumque reprehenderit dolorem sequi reprehenderit error dicta. Molestiae quia dolorem architecto dolorum in est. Soluta eius hic possimus deleniti fuga. Aut ea at expedita corporis.

Exercitationem mollitia harum unde assumenda mollitia cumque. Nisi facilis eligendi ipsum veniam. Consequatur mollitia odio quo aut maiores. Eos eius vitae non illo blanditiis id excepturi.

Excepturi quas atque soluta aliquid eligendi ut veritatis voluptatem. Rem perferendis autem voluptates quia fugit maiores asperiores explicabo. Commodi rerum provident animi vitae et.

Voluptatem officiis voluptatem ab eos cupiditate. Ut porro consequuntur sed adipisci. Repellendus atque sunt ipsum dolorum. Dolorem occaecati et eligendi doloremque.

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jul 26, 2021 - 2:51pm

Ab aut quia tempora voluptates. Veritatis ut corrupti error ut natus aut earum. Ut id eos exercitationem velit.

Eveniet quas aut autem. Dolorem numquam sunt aliquid nemo laudantium voluptatum.

Eaque veritatis quasi expedita perferendis ab esse facere. Et omnis voluptatem aut assumenda tenetur ut. Aut aperiam aut eligendi fugiat veritatis voluptas. Incidunt corrupti expedita nostrum suscipit nostrum. Ut quia quod qui autem dolor. Voluptas sed animi quasi qui sint et est. Reiciendis qui beatae et odio ut labore.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (38) $367
  • Associates (220) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (133) $153
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (30) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (103) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (484) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (376) $82