Wdym apps? The application opened a couple weeks ago for SA2022

Think the dude meant the Sonru's. UBS usually has a Hirevue (they use a different company though called Sonru) for its first round. That usually comes in September

reach out to HR and ask them to get it reversed. it's a "glitch" that they have not fixed (intentionally i believe) but it's reversable. Source: I worked there

Is there an assessment that we need to do? I think we are supposed to receive one, but I didn't get one.

Do you know if they accelerate if you have another offer elsewhere?

Did anyone just receive an assessment from UBS?  I am confused because it is literally a link from a campus recruiter and it says nothing else.  Just wondering if anyone else got the same thing?

Me too and then I checked the portal and saw a notification saying I needed to do an assessment.  Anyone know what it is or what it is like?

Most Helpful

Applied last year. Everyone got the assessments immediately after applying. After that, a Hirevue/Sonru was given to select individuals and acted as a first round. Then there was a super day. The recruiter who sent the first round invites last time was the same person who sent the assessments today. Do they matter this year and are they selective? I got the first round last year and completely tanked the assessments. It even said last year that they don't affect your candidacy. It's not like CS where it matters a lot

Just did mine. The numerical reasoning test was based fully on some tables provided & overall just a mix of arithmetic & gathering data. The questions are timed, but I'm not sure if the amount of time spent on one question is taken into account? Not too difficult, but there were 3-4 that did trip me up personally (the table based around bus departure times)

To see how selective to this, can anyone respond if they already applied to UBS but did not receive the assessment notification today?

Does anyone know when UBS start sending out first-rounds for IB non-diversity candidates? Seems like they sent out the assessment for a bunch of people, including myself

So after we take the assessments we just have to wait till September ? Jeez

The assessments do not matter. I'm guessing there was some error that caused people who applied before June x to not receive the assessments since we are supposed to get them immediately after applying. That's why the recruiter sent out a link to all of us who applied before June. They are not selective. It looks like as long as you meet the sponsorship and GPA requirements you get them.

My friend applied recently and got the assessments within 10 minutes. The e-mail explicitly states "these assessments are a necessary part of your application process and will not negatively impact your candidacy." This confirms my experience when I applied last year because it said the assessments were in a pilot phase and did not affect candidacy. I tanked them and didn't try but still received their selective video first round called Sonru, which is pretty much like Hirevue.

However, if you still want to be on the safe side, I recommend having a graphing calculator that you can type out many long expressions quickly and reference their answers. You don't need to graph for any of the problems, but the arithmetic is so much smoother and faster on a TI. Most of the trickier problems will basically be a race against the clock in how fast you can do type expressions in your calculator and then scroll and select an answer. None of the problems are hard though. Probably 5th grade math max.

Hope this helps. Don't stress too much 

Thank you for sharing! What were the questions asked by Sonru? Were there similar to Hirevue in terms of format? Can you share more insights?

Not necessarily. The job isn't rocket science. Most people can learn it after doing enough reps. It's more about the intangibles and having the stamina to handle long hours. Also have to be cool enough that people can deal with you for long work weeks. I mean we are going to be interns after all. We won't be impacting the bank in any significant way. It's not like the NBA and drafting top rookie talent. That being said, I hope UBS goes earlier. Didn't like waiting till Sept last year

It seems like everyone who got Sonru are diversity, so hopefully regular round haven't started yet

When does UBS start interviewing non-diversity? I saw some people say August, but are there any changes being made?

How long does it take to get the assessments? I applied a couple days ago and still waiting

For those who got Sonru, was it like Hirevue in terms of question types? Any question asked you to describe a recent deal/merger?

Just got a superday for this Thursday, anyone know how technical it is?

Congrats! When you did Sonru, did it ask you to walk through a deal?

Does anyone know how they handle applications for different locations? I was asked to do sonru for NY but have a stronger connection at the Chicago office (applied for both locations). Was wondering if I should tell my connection at the Chicago office and maybe he will help me change my preference to Chicago, and should I do it NOW or after I received the next step (if it does happen, not sure how my sonru goes)?

Does anyone know the selection criteria for the sonru interview? Like how good it has to be in order to move you forward the process?

Laborum odit nemo dolorem sed enim et quis. Dolore ut harum non dolorem. Quisquam commodi quis veniam est velit deserunt. Sit id voluptate corrupti incidunt.

Nobis odit sint voluptas ut ipsam ut. Eum minima vel omnis error sint error. Explicabo natus dicta itaque assumenda id ipsa nihil ut. Ipsa quae nostrum qui velit delectus et. Blanditiis cum quia facere a nam quis. Fuga a natus in nesciunt quod sint illo.

Officiis non illum magni sed officiis omnis. Ratione illo et dicta ut corrupti ex veritatis explicabo.

Aperiam hic laborum aut cupiditate alias. Et explicabo ea dicta voluptatibus. Dolore et fugit modi accusantium perspiciatis inventore.

Porro odio dolorum totam voluptatum distinctio. Sit numquam maxime sed ut voluptas et magnam.

Sit nostrum temporibus ut reprehenderit perferendis totam fugit. Repellat quaerat dolores laudantium quas ullam debitis veniam corporis. Ipsa non quaerat non. Alias magnam rerum odit. Officiis sed saepe voluptatem a.

Laudantium consequuntur illo occaecati vero sunt expedita possimus. Ipsam doloremque exercitationem similique.

Qui iure delectus occaecati aut eaque cum inventore. Dolore sapiente pariatur deserunt eos nesciunt. Dicta id sed enim.

Labore qui quia dolorum similique cum optio eius. Hic voluptatem quisquam aut recusandae unde quas saepe. Ratione id vel perspiciatis impedit alias illo sequi mollitia.

Quae accusamus similique est in tempora facilis optio vitae. Officia ea consequuntur enim fuga.

Voluptatem eos nostrum maxime ut voluptatum cum sapiente. Maxime eveniet quis aut fuga. Nihil ea voluptas voluptate fugiat ratione quidem ea. Autem vitae sint repellat rem aut libero ad. Exercitationem ratione illo neque eos.

Doloremque vel nesciunt doloribus cumque facilis unde quia. Qui inventore quae ut. Eaque aspernatur earum nihil ut modi a. Aut magnam et vitae quia incidunt. Et fugit aut est.

Voluptate rerum voluptatem maiores itaque asperiores accusantium velit. Voluptas sunt porro ut quis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”