Comments (423)

• Prospect in IB - CB
May 14, 2021 - 1:35pm

Wdym apps? The application opened a couple weeks ago for SA2022

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 14, 2021 - 6:43pm

Think the dude meant the Sonru's. UBS usually has a Hirevue (they use a different company though called Sonru) for its first round. That usually comes in September

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 14, 2021 - 9:19pm

any internationals auto dinged?

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
May 23, 2021 - 7:05pm

reach out to HR and ask them to get it reversed. it's a "glitch" that they have not fixed (intentionally i believe) but it's reversable. Source: I worked there

Jun 2, 2021 - 11:43am
PalmTree-693, what's your opinion? Comment below:

By auto-dinged do u mean they sent a rejection email straight away? Also where do they check for whether I'm international or not (if I didn't say i need visa sponsorship

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 22, 2021 - 9:20pm

Is there an assessment that we need to do? I think we are supposed to receive one, but I didn't get one.

Jun 2, 2021 - 9:41pm
UnemployedAndHomeless, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Within an hour of emailing HR about the assessment, I was sent a rejection letter. I was never given an assessment so I'm not sure if there's some major issue with my application or not. 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 24, 2021 - 5:47am

If HV's are in September is there any reason to apply now? I have an internship that would be relevant to the position that will finish up in August. 

Jul 27, 2021 - 5:49am
fergana, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I think its reasonable to put "incoming XYZ analyst at ABC" or "May 2021 - Aug 2021".

Did just that and passed through a few first rounds. Better to be early than miss the party altogether.

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 28, 2021 - 1:53am

a few diversity / accelerated sonrus and superdays are done. Normal process hasn't started yet I don't think.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 2, 2021 - 5:18pm

Do you know if they accelerate if you have another offer elsewhere?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 3, 2021 - 1:32pm

Did anyone just receive an assessment from UBS?  I am confused because it is literally a link from a campus recruiter and it says nothing else.  Just wondering if anyone else got the same thing?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 3, 2021 - 1:49pm

Me too and then I checked the portal and saw a notification saying I needed to do an assessment.  Anyone know what it is or what it is like?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 3, 2021 - 2:01pm

Does anyone know if everyone gets this or is this somewhat selective?

Jun 3, 2021 - 2:25pm
n_m_s_l, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just got the strange-looking email for the assessment as well. Does anyone know what the test looks like, is it still SHL test?

Most Helpful
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 3, 2021 - 6:40pm

Applied last year. Everyone got the assessments immediately after applying. After that, a Hirevue/Sonru was given to select individuals and acted as a first round. Then there was a super day. The recruiter who sent the first round invites last time was the same person who sent the assessments today. Do they matter this year and are they selective? I got the first round last year and completely tanked the assessments. It even said last year that they don't affect your candidacy. It's not like CS where it matters a lot

Jun 4, 2021 - 3:09pm
chalinowawa, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just did mine. The numerical reasoning test was based fully on some tables provided & overall just a mix of arithmetic & gathering data. The questions are timed, but I'm not sure if the amount of time spent on one question is taken into account? Not too difficult, but there were 3-4 that did trip me up personally (the table based around bus departure times)

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 3, 2021 - 11:26pm

To see how selective to this, can anyone respond if they already applied to UBS but did not receive the assessment notification today?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 4, 2021 - 8:58pm

Does anyone know when UBS start sending out first-rounds for IB non-diversity candidates? Seems like they sent out the assessment for a bunch of people, including myself

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 10, 2021 - 12:36am

The assessments do not matter. I'm guessing there was some error that caused people who applied before June x to not receive the assessments since we are supposed to get them immediately after applying. That's why the recruiter sent out a link to all of us who applied before June. They are not selective. It looks like as long as you meet the sponsorship and GPA requirements you get them.

My friend applied recently and got the assessments within 10 minutes. The e-mail explicitly states "these assessments are a necessary part of your application process and will not negatively impact your candidacy." This confirms my experience when I applied last year because it said the assessments were in a pilot phase and did not affect candidacy. I tanked them and didn't try but still received their selective video first round called Sonru, which is pretty much like Hirevue.

However, if you still want to be on the safe side, I recommend having a graphing calculator that you can type out many long expressions quickly and reference their answers. You don't need to graph for any of the problems, but the arithmetic is so much smoother and faster on a TI. Most of the trickier problems will basically be a race against the clock in how fast you can do type expressions in your calculator and then scroll and select an answer. None of the problems are hard though. Probably 5th grade math max.

Hope this helps. Don't stress too much 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2021 - 10:50pm

Thank you for sharing! What were the questions asked by Sonru? Were there similar to Hirevue in terms of format? Can you share more insights?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 10, 2021 - 10:46pm

Have you applied to UBS before?

Jun 10, 2021 - 10:54pm
Prospect---IBD, what's your opinion? Comment below:

If UBS waits till September this year for first rounds it will put them in a very tough spot in terms of having a competitive analyst class

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 10, 2021 - 10:58pm

I know - it almost seems like every bank has accelerated their timeline further. The top kids won't be there by September 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 10, 2021 - 10:58pm

Not necessarily. The job isn't rocket science. Most people can learn it after doing enough reps. It's more about the intangibles and having the stamina to handle long hours. Also have to be cool enough that people can deal with you for long work weeks. I mean we are going to be interns after all. We won't be impacting the bank in any significant way. It's not like the NBA and drafting top rookie talent. That being said, I hope UBS goes earlier. Didn't like waiting till Sept last year

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 21, 2021 - 9:44pm

Got no sonru so far either. Who else got one ?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2021 - 10:52pm

Congrats! Did you mind sharing what type of questions were asked? Was it like Hirevue?

Jun 29, 2021 - 5:28pm
Wall Street Fox, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Took the assessments, still havent gotten Sonru, is this normal ? somebody please explain

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 29, 2021 - 5:31pm

still no sonru, anyone have any details ? 

edit : semi target, non div

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 29, 2021 - 10:06pm

It seems like everyone who got Sonru are diversity, so hopefully regular round haven't started yet

Jun 30, 2021 - 5:39pm
Wall Street Fox, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Applied for 3 different cities! Do different teams handle the apps for the different cities ? would it matter or not really

-Non target, Non diversity

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 1, 2021 - 11:27pm

When does UBS start interviewing non-diversity? I saw some people say August, but are there any changes being made?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 6, 2021 - 7:19pm

How long does it take to get the assessments? I applied a couple days ago and still waiting

Jul 7, 2021 - 10:24am
TexasHardo, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Has anyone received Sonru for the Houston office? Applied two weeks ago and haven't received anything. Diversity and target for O&G. (Rice/SMU/UT) 

Jul 9, 2021 - 7:04pm
richjohn82, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Finished Super. Happy help, PM for questions

• Intern in S&T - FI
Jul 16, 2021 - 5:53pm

i never got a sonru and applied a while back

Jul 16, 2021 - 11:09pm
GZARZA, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Does anyone's contacts know what's going on? I applied a month ago, and have not received a sonru, networked with an ED. Does this mean I'm out?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 19, 2021 - 4:30pm

For those who got Sonru, was it like Hirevue in terms of question types? Any question asked you to describe a recent deal/merger?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 20, 2021 - 1:33pm

Congrats! When you did Sonru, did it ask you to walk through a deal?

Jul 20, 2021 - 1:56am
amuniraq, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Do you guys have any idea when will the next wave of sonru will be released? 

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 21, 2021 - 3:10pm

Does anyone know how they handle applications for different locations? I was asked to do sonru for NY but have a stronger connection at the Chicago office (applied for both locations). Was wondering if I should tell my connection at the Chicago office and maybe he will help me change my preference to Chicago, and should I do it NOW or after I received the next step (if it does happen, not sure how my sonru goes)?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 21, 2021 - 7:41pm

Anyone do a S&T superday with them today?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 22, 2021 - 2:02pm

Does anyone know the selection criteria for the sonru interview? Like how good it has to be in order to move you forward the process?

Jul 23, 2021 - 1:50pm
your.mds.ex.wife, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Quo harum et eveniet aliquid dolores nemo. Ratione nihil atque et nihil qui sit. Nulla atque commodi ratione.

Amet voluptas dolore nesciunt libero reiciendis ratione quas. Sed voluptatem aut et rerum laboriosam ut velit. Esse aperiam rerum consequatur et aut adipisci veritatis. Consectetur dolorum illo ducimus laborum a dolores. Non deserunt adipisci dolor fugiat. Inventore et placeat repudiandae. Alias rem nemo eius cum dignissimos.

Corporis enim porro cumque ipsum sunt. Repudiandae omnis magnam praesentium natus et ut. Reiciendis dolorem nulla dolor consequatur.

Jul 23, 2021 - 4:58pm
GZARZA, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Delectus distinctio atque nemo corporis. Officiis natus suscipit voluptas vitae placeat enim veniam. Qui magnam voluptates assumenda qui beatae quia harum. Sunt rerum perferendis velit sit iure. Fugit voluptatem ut sunt dolor nemo.

Aut voluptas eaque velit adipisci quos sit sunt. Unde aspernatur commodi eos consequatur aut. Quia quis voluptatibus labore laudantium.

A corporis sed inventore laboriosam aut aut atque. Et et et ex. Et deserunt labore aut amet.

Vero ratione eveniet nisi molestiae. In rerum dolores quas. Architecto quia omnis debitis ipsum aliquid a aliquam. Quia velit impedit iste aut dolores. Quis beatae voluptates aut soluta exercitationem quibusdam expedita.

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jul 26, 2021 - 2:51pm

Ullam atque et aliquam et excepturi aperiam ex sit. Molestiae quam quis temporibus repudiandae saepe molestias illo. Delectus corporis nihil sit iusto neque qui asperiores.

Voluptates velit aut enim quis ipsam reprehenderit. Natus blanditiis dicta corrupti velit fugit et eum. Quasi ratione facilis sed accusantium molestiae. Qui vitae mollitia autem ut aut est. Aut expedita error hic rerum ut enim autem corrupti. Similique molestiae vel ut magni.

Et ut quam cum quibusdam corporis. Voluptas nihil velit accusantium iste ipsa ducimus quas neque. Explicabo nihil id quos eaque voluptas.

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jul 26, 2021 - 2:57pm

Dolorem occaecati fugiat eaque aut. Perspiciatis cumque consequatur qui voluptatem maiores sed natus. Maxime excepturi est cumque. Consequatur et hic nam possimus. Consequatur odit nihil qui pariatur.

Aut expedita rerum voluptas ab consequuntur vero. A commodi deleniti sapiente quis mollitia saepe. Ipsam vitae dolores doloremque nulla illo pariatur distinctio. Labore sunt repudiandae saepe exercitationem. Impedit sit deleniti nulla eius voluptatum asperiores et. Esse velit aperiam omnis. Sed facilis unde quis iste.

Molestiae nihil vel omnis placeat qui voluptatem. Omnis animi ut dolore eum placeat natus minima. Sit sequi veritatis commodi debitis totam esse voluptatem. Deleniti in placeat iure beatae possimus architecto a. Enim quos voluptas commodi ut. Enim aut consequuntur ut voluptatum. Laborum beatae aperiam tempore sunt.

Error tempora suscipit eius aut rem iste nesciunt. Laudantium a voluptas accusamus enim repellendus qui porro. Minus aut in tenetur laudantium.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 26, 2021 - 4:13pm

Voluptatem consectetur iure adipisci ipsum omnis assumenda. Aut quam vitae sunt. Expedita molestiae aut quasi commodi amet aut dolorum et. Et exercitationem autem nam repellat in. Laborum voluptatem aperiam dicta aut et. Et deleniti voluptas qui tenetur neque enim rem quis. Nihil vitae saepe ea facilis dolorum est.

Perspiciatis repellat quis dolorem ad cumque a. Quia asperiores facere sint eveniet dolores dolore.

Ut saepe cumque velit consequuntur dolorem quaerat. Et aspernatur ut ullam dolores reprehenderit odit.

Eos quibusdam et ut consequatur. Quas culpa et eveniet earum. Natus optio et voluptate. Dolor perferendis et tenetur in.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲05) 99.6%
  • Lincoln International (= =) 99.2%
  • Bank of America Merrill Lynch (▲04) 98.8%
  • Financial Technology Partners (+ +) 98.5%
  • Evercore (▽02) 98.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲12) 99.6%
  • Greenhill (▲07) 99.2%