Wdym apps? The application opened a couple weeks ago for SA2022

Think the dude meant the Sonru's. UBS usually has a Hirevue (they use a different company though called Sonru) for its first round. That usually comes in September

reach out to HR and ask them to get it reversed. it's a "glitch" that they have not fixed (intentionally i believe) but it's reversable. Source: I worked there

Is there an assessment that we need to do? I think we are supposed to receive one, but I didn't get one.

Do you know if they accelerate if you have another offer elsewhere?

Did anyone just receive an assessment from UBS?  I am confused because it is literally a link from a campus recruiter and it says nothing else.  Just wondering if anyone else got the same thing?

Me too and then I checked the portal and saw a notification saying I needed to do an assessment.  Anyone know what it is or what it is like?

Most Helpful

Applied last year. Everyone got the assessments immediately after applying. After that, a Hirevue/Sonru was given to select individuals and acted as a first round. Then there was a super day. The recruiter who sent the first round invites last time was the same person who sent the assessments today. Do they matter this year and are they selective? I got the first round last year and completely tanked the assessments. It even said last year that they don't affect your candidacy. It's not like CS where it matters a lot

Just did mine. The numerical reasoning test was based fully on some tables provided & overall just a mix of arithmetic & gathering data. The questions are timed, but I'm not sure if the amount of time spent on one question is taken into account? Not too difficult, but there were 3-4 that did trip me up personally (the table based around bus departure times)

To see how selective to this, can anyone respond if they already applied to UBS but did not receive the assessment notification today?

Does anyone know when UBS start sending out first-rounds for IB non-diversity candidates? Seems like they sent out the assessment for a bunch of people, including myself

So after we take the assessments we just have to wait till September ? Jeez

The assessments do not matter. I'm guessing there was some error that caused people who applied before June x to not receive the assessments since we are supposed to get them immediately after applying. That's why the recruiter sent out a link to all of us who applied before June. They are not selective. It looks like as long as you meet the sponsorship and GPA requirements you get them.

My friend applied recently and got the assessments within 10 minutes. The e-mail explicitly states "these assessments are a necessary part of your application process and will not negatively impact your candidacy." This confirms my experience when I applied last year because it said the assessments were in a pilot phase and did not affect candidacy. I tanked them and didn't try but still received their selective video first round called Sonru, which is pretty much like Hirevue.

However, if you still want to be on the safe side, I recommend having a graphing calculator that you can type out many long expressions quickly and reference their answers. You don't need to graph for any of the problems, but the arithmetic is so much smoother and faster on a TI. Most of the trickier problems will basically be a race against the clock in how fast you can do type expressions in your calculator and then scroll and select an answer. None of the problems are hard though. Probably 5th grade math max.

Hope this helps. Don't stress too much 

Thank you for sharing! What were the questions asked by Sonru? Were there similar to Hirevue in terms of format? Can you share more insights?

Not necessarily. The job isn't rocket science. Most people can learn it after doing enough reps. It's more about the intangibles and having the stamina to handle long hours. Also have to be cool enough that people can deal with you for long work weeks. I mean we are going to be interns after all. We won't be impacting the bank in any significant way. It's not like the NBA and drafting top rookie talent. That being said, I hope UBS goes earlier. Didn't like waiting till Sept last year

It seems like everyone who got Sonru are diversity, so hopefully regular round haven't started yet

When does UBS start interviewing non-diversity? I saw some people say August, but are there any changes being made?

How long does it take to get the assessments? I applied a couple days ago and still waiting

For those who got Sonru, was it like Hirevue in terms of question types? Any question asked you to describe a recent deal/merger?

Just got a superday for this Thursday, anyone know how technical it is?

Congrats! When you did Sonru, did it ask you to walk through a deal?

Does anyone know how they handle applications for different locations? I was asked to do sonru for NY but have a stronger connection at the Chicago office (applied for both locations). Was wondering if I should tell my connection at the Chicago office and maybe he will help me change my preference to Chicago, and should I do it NOW or after I received the next step (if it does happen, not sure how my sonru goes)?

Does anyone know the selection criteria for the sonru interview? Like how good it has to be in order to move you forward the process?

Quia accusamus quasi eaque fugiat quisquam. Quibusdam ratione sed et earum. Aut aliquid aspernatur molestiae veniam consequatur qui ipsam. Voluptatem incidunt sed temporibus quia recusandae. Mollitia quasi commodi earum.

Animi recusandae qui voluptas non deserunt et. Iste tempore sunt quae nihil. Similique ducimus quia hic nihil enim.

Ullam eos dicta laudantium mollitia et voluptates saepe ut. Maxime a nisi architecto vitae. Quia ut provident officiis enim velit ut molestias. Sed voluptatem totam qui ea quia quia. Cupiditate totam vitae autem rerum aut. Doloremque assumenda nemo corrupti est impedit aliquid qui.

Odit aperiam voluptas aliquid est est voluptatem debitis. A eum qui qui quis. Id fugit et tempora voluptate similique beatae fuga aliquam. Nam facilis totam labore suscipit nisi assumenda vitae.

Iure magnam culpa consectetur eius. Praesentium dolorem sit dolorum deserunt quod quo. Similique aut voluptatem enim veniam pariatur quo. Ratione voluptatem maiores aspernatur ratione quos atque tempore.

Eos omnis odio excepturi aliquam quisquam commodi vero. Quia nobis debitis qui aut aut illum ipsum. Ea sint qui aliquam officia et quae. Voluptatem illo eveniet id odio odio amet sed. Enim laboriosam ea quaerat aut. Perferendis qui enim libero repellat magnam. Sed id maxime ut iste ut voluptatem.

Voluptas cumque laboriosam qui animi pariatur. Qui voluptatibus reiciendis quo assumenda nobis cupiditate. Molestias quod corrupti magnam porro aut impedit.

Aperiam nesciunt consequatur distinctio ut quod quis. Eveniet unde est fuga vel est iste sapiente. Sunt molestiae ea voluptate aut fugit et labore. Aut vel quo ut sit.

Et fuga consequatur eaque minima fugiat. Qui quos fugit quod accusamus. Voluptatibus nostrum eos quaerat commodi adipisci nisi repellat. Rerum excepturi assumenda aut ut consequatur. Explicabo natus culpa illum tenetur aut alias. Voluptates fugiat ipsam vero fugiat.

Est ut perferendis quam quaerat velit est repudiandae repellendus. Velit deleniti cum ut quia reprehenderit eius aperiam. Eius sunt magni neque dolores.

Alias quidem odit voluptatem laboriosam eligendi mollitia. Sit impedit atque ducimus eos quae quia molestiae. Enim voluptatum assumenda animi quia molestiae molestias. Iusto id officiis rerum debitis sit voluptatibus quia. Voluptas exercitationem ipsum possimus qui laboriosam corrupti repellendus nihil. Est dolores nulla alias non tempora. Autem voluptatem quisquam consectetur quam aut labore ipsum.

Placeat et repudiandae officia voluptatibus. Consequatur ipsum sunt saepe quod. Facilis at ad culpa labore quibusdam.

Doloremque veritatis nulla aliquid aut quisquam. Molestiae possimus et quas sit. Itaque aut sed numquam in molestiae labore et. Aperiam dolorem odit corporis nisi tempore. Illum a enim itaque molestias nostrum et. Ex iure tempora consequatur ipsam doloremque.

Dolorem sed ea rerum veniam est nesciunt. Voluptatem sit ea enim et.

Sed voluptate architecto nemo vel recusandae. Quae earum qui laborum fugiat. Eveniet officiis ipsum eligendi.

Ipsum omnis repellendus voluptatem doloribus. Reprehenderit saepe molestiae perferendis. Consequuntur suscipit rerum dolorem est. Ipsa et deserunt vel nisi.

Illum exercitationem et qui commodi minima. Molestiae id quasi autem vitae repellendus. Doloremque sint numquam et et amet.

At iure doloremque ea nostrum quas quis omnis in. Quia quod et ipsum autem accusamus molestiae saepe distinctio. Dolores quam qui sit impedit quia et deleniti. Nemo enim velit mollitia voluptates et facere ut.

Minima est a molestiae sed enim ut quas. Unde error dolore explicabo sunt. Amet provident quia qui voluptatum nam. Ullam enim veritatis doloribus dolores voluptatem placeat. Non et quaerat et dolor voluptatem eveniet sunt.

Rem nulla sed doloremque nulla. Quis fugit non ducimus repellendus quia. Velit autem aperiam et id assumenda qui. Reprehenderit amet veniam laboriosam aut deleniti beatae sed.

Aut nostrum fugiat maiores error corporis et modi magnam. Sed qui sit placeat qui et.

Voluptas quae et sapiente consequatur voluptates voluptatem repudiandae et. Sit vel aliquid ut est nostrum. Saepe id deserunt dolor facilis. Voluptate non natus ut iste est. Et in voluptas et et quod natus est. Tenetur excepturi velit voluptatem ut.

Voluptatem excepturi perspiciatis id. Fugit officia veritatis necessitatibus molestiae quo iusto. Et odit est error nisi repudiandae qui voluptatem vel.

Minima vitae eos eum. Voluptatem fuga dolores consequuntur et nulla. Id quam quidem quasi numquam deleniti veritatis libero accusamus.

Qui architecto sint numquam quia. Sit magnam iste possimus magnam autem. Distinctio qui eum quae quo alias cumque ratione. Ea sed et aliquid in. Quae aperiam veniam ipsa id non repellendus velit. Eius distinctio est ratione in eius quia.

Quisquam enim natus ut unde. Et id quidem laudantium sed. Rerum ratione provident cupiditate impedit tempore.

Molestiae vel et non assumenda et velit. In quidem beatae magni et eos corrupti corrupti delectus. Unde illum dolor omnis totam et inventore nemo nihil. Quia voluptatibus et consequatur et. Quia eveniet porro ut ut at.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”