2023 Careers Launchpad Diversity & Inclusion Forum: Market Makers at Bank of America
Starting this to track the program. Has anyone heard anything yet? How many people do they take? When do we hear back?
Starting this to track the program. Has anyone heard anything yet? How many people do they take? When do we hear back?
Career Resources
Guppy18, have you checked out these or run a search:
More suggestions...
I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.
This might be an extremely stupid question, but do we have to network for this type of program? It isn't necessarily an internship but at the same time, I am assuming it is competitive.
Not necessarily but if u get accepted then it’d make sense to network with people in the location and division you want
HVs will get sent out tomorrow
Apparently people got HVs today. are they going to send out more tomorrow?
They sent an email today telling successful applicants that HireVues are to be sent out tomorrow
following
Anyone got business preference survey but no hirevue??
I did not get hirevue invitation yet, but I got business preference survey.
Hirevue invitation is in your portal, they have a link guiding it to it but they arent using the Hirevue application base this time!
What? I never got an email saying anything about Hirevue and when I check my portal, there’s nothing there. Although I did fill out the survey already.
I have the same question. Do we just select other instead?
What type of questions are asked on the HV?
When did you get your hirevue. I got an email yesterday saying congrats and then an email today asking me to fill out a business survey but no hirevue. Seems like some people got it and some didn’t.
Got it this morning about an hour before the survey link
Did you do the interview yet? What questions are on it?
What questions were on Hirevue?
Everyone that gets accepted gets a SD
are you sure? im p sure its only selected kids from everyone going
yea p sure, ppl ik who went through the program all got SD.
anyone know if there is a 2nd round after the HV?
I don’t think so. what are the questions plsss
Facts
real
No just the hirevue from what I’ve heard from ppl who did the program
Anyone knows how many questions are there?
basing it off the previous years, I want to believe 3 but I didn’t take it yet
3
Anyone do the hirevue yet? What were the questions like?
Someone post the questions plsssss
Questions are diff per person about 11 question bank and you only have 3 all behavioral
has any1 done the Hirevue yet?
it says that I have 3 days from when I received the hirevue to do it? I got it a few days ago at 5pm, but the hirevue invitation says to finish before 11:55pm. Which do I follow?
It’s due Sunday (1/8/23) at 11:55 PM EST according to the email
Are they scenarios or just typical behavioral questions?
How much time per question?
u start whenevr but u get 25 sec to prepare for each question
Is that including "Tell me about yourself" and "Why BofA?"
What categories were the behaviorals on (teamwork, leadership, time management, problem-solving, etc.)?
can anyone tell what the hirevue questions are?
Just have three stories you can spin into making yourself look like a stud. Not rocket science
all 3 behavioral super easy.
was why bofa or finance one of them?
Why bofa and why ur experiences are relevant, one accomplishment that represent ur initiative to push beyond what’s required, and one time u had to react quickly to make an immediate decision to a difficult problem
Does anyone know about the headcount or how competitive is this program? Does it also vary based on the survey we filled out?
After submitting the Hirevue did anyone receive two separate emails confirming they received it?
I did. One from baml, one noreply
Same^
same
When should we expect to here back?
Late Jan early feb
has anyone done the hirevu yet?
did anyone receive an email after filling out the survey?
No I didn’t. I got zero confirmation I did the survey.
Ok same
What questions did y’all get for the HireVue? I spoke to some friends and looks we we got the same first 2 questions but my 3rd one was different. Anyone else notice this?
What was your third question?
I think my last one is also different from the one posted on wso
last year was around march iirc
the program is in feb
Everyone got HireVue or only successful applicants got it?
has anyone heard back yet?
Nope
No
Did basically everyone receive HV?
Yep
Did you get in?
Just got into today very excited
What does it say on your end once you get accepted?
Mine says still being reviewed
Mine says still under review as well
anyone else hear back?
I haven't heard back yet. It might be different from area to area
anyone hear back?
Not yet
Nada
Does anyone have any idea how many people they’d take?
This program leads to an internship in 2024, right?
an interview not a guarantee 24
Yep
Anyone heard back or knows the timeline when we might hear back? I did the interview on Jan 7, seems like many of us did during that time period.
Do they email us if we get rejected too?
Don’t know we all had same hirevue timeline no word since then
Nothing yet - Monday 1/23.
Nothing yet - Tuesday 1/24.
Nothing yet - Wednesday 1/25
Nothing in the activity center or any emails: Thursday - 1/26.
Nothing - 1/29
Nothing yet - Monday 1/30
Following
Nothing yet - 1/31 Tuesday
lmao I check this thread every day in panic and yea nothing yet
Has anyone heard back from the hirevues? So stressed now lol
Del
Just heard back! Its an email that says "Congratulations! You're Invited to Market Makers" from Isabel Tropnasse
I got an email saying I got in and have two rounds of interviews
Superday??? In feb? We are screwed :0
can anyone confirm
Yeah got invite to superdays in midfeb
got invite as well for gcib! Might be rolling for different groups?
Anyone who did this program before know how competitive it is once we've gotten to the final interview stage?
Got invite for public finance summer analyst
Mine still says under review. Does that mean I need to wait or am I just rejected ?
Are offers still rolling out? Or is it over?
Got in for sales and trading
Did you just get in? Wondering if this is rolling lol
Got the email around 8:45 central this morning
When did you get the email, pls lmk
It’s done. All offers are out
Any non-diversity male candidates got the invite? Asian male here, did the Hirevue but haven’t heard back so far. Asian/White friends in different colleges haven’t heard back either, more than 15 people.
Same case w me and my friends. We didn’t hear, still says under review
Same
Asian male here. Got an invite for Rates and Currencies
When did you hear ?
Did anybody get in for IB?
Yea got in for Corporate and Investment Banking
Anyone securitized products?
What time did you get the offer
anyone for wealth management?
what time did you get the offer?
I also chose WM, haven't heard anything
Yes, I did.
How competitive is this? Any insight on headcounts?
Anyone get in for sales and trading?
I did! I didn’t even rank it though
what time did yall get your offers can someone please reply
I got my s&t offer at 9:47 am est
are you east coast or west coast?
Anyone know if they’re still rolling out offers ? Mine says under review but my friend got rejected
How do you know your friend got rejected? did he receive an email?
nvm sorry. turns out the dude didn't submit the hirevue in time so that's a different reason altogether. But he was able to see the status in the app portal. If ours is still under review, it probably is. Let's hope if we can get a response tmrw.
Do you guys all see the option to register for Day 1/ Day 2 under global programs? Because I haven't received the invitation email but apparently I am able to register for Day 1 and 2.
bump
I can also see that option but haven't received any email. so weird
Yeah I have the same thing--though even when you didn't log in that market maker day 1/2 thing is still there, so I think it's prob just out there for everyone?
does anyone else’s still say under review? and hasn’t gotten an email?
mine still says under review with no email.
Have any freshmen heard back yet for this program?
yup, i know a freshman who has
Yap. I heard back and I got in
What time did they get back to you
Did all the offers go out at the same time? Are there more coming in?
Bloody Bank of America.
Will offers still be sent out after today? Mine still says under review
I don't think so - for these programs they just won't reject you but sadly no invitations mean rejection.
They should at least update the status on our portal
not true, I did this last year and got a rejection email. But then an MD from my school ended up getting me in lol. Would wait and just cross your fingers don't stress because they are literally behind on it.
Mine too idk anymore yes or no honestly I just want an answer
This is what they said for under review, let’s wait
How is it that all applicants are under review but acceptances went out yesterday?
Has anyone received the email to register?
I did
Does anyone know how technical the interviews are, considering it's for 2024
From what I heard, it’s not that bad. M&I 400 standard questions. Could be different this year though.
What type of technicals would you expect for the wealth management division?
Anyone got anything today?
nothing yet
I was accepted a couple days ago via email but my portal still says under review. I think it says that for everyone
Has anybody received the schedule with the times yet?
There is an agenda tab once you click onto your portal that has the itinerary
Found - Thanks a lot!
What part of the portal do you see it? I don't see an agenda tab anywhere
Quis ea ad odio voluptate ea vitae eligendi. Ut dolorem perferendis et aut.
Unde vel laborum similique esse. Beatae sunt optio quibusdam vel sint cumque. Aut est impedit qui quidem id ducimus necessitatibus. Aut harum magni ut repellendus omnis eveniet.
Pariatur ea dolores quis voluptas. Maxime eum corrupti rerum et et sint. Ut aut at dolore quod beatae ipsum veritatis. Reiciendis quo ut harum dolores deserunt expedita. Cumque aliquam quam rerum.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Ut a perferendis quia minima voluptate fugit aut. Qui harum iure qui impedit. Laboriosam mollitia in et dolorem provident. Nulla quam blanditiis similique tempora.
Repellendus ad recusandae aliquam odio. Veniam corrupti sed repudiandae eaque vel.
Quae sit similique praesentium sit ducimus autem possimus. Vel non et et eveniet similique.
Dolor et voluptate sapiente fuga neque alias. Odit beatae sit quis recusandae.
Praesentium perferendis natus est qui quaerat. Laboriosam est molestias nesciunt culpa provident corporis et ullam. Molestias debitis accusamus dolor quia eum. Non autem dolor aut aut aliquam dolor.
Ratione repudiandae sunt odit hic. Nobis reiciendis consequatur veniam modi labore. Doloribus debitis minima pariatur quos debitis eum aut. Consequuntur dolorem voluptatem distinctio qui.
Et rerum numquam quia rem blanditiis. Deleniti deserunt commodi quisquam voluptates porro et iste accusamus.
Quibusdam ut ipsum totam ea delectus. Debitis sunt eveniet ea velit necessitatibus. Et ipsum adipisci error temporibus ut autem.
Harum qui at sunt minus. Soluta et deserunt repudiandae eveniet animi qui. Enim qui blanditiis hic beatae minima.
Eligendi veritatis sit voluptatibus consequatur ut eveniet. Est quis autem amet et sed officia. Eligendi delectus corporis quisquam ratione reprehenderit ut modi. Rerum unde saepe at voluptates in dicta. Mollitia expedita dolores expedita modi qui occaecati quod. Quaerat sunt dolore aut et.
Veniam repudiandae eius dolores. Quis modi ab eius dignissimos qui labore aut. Et cum eligendi rerum doloribus deserunt unde.
Assumenda voluptatibus unde quo vel ipsum quo est. Vel exercitationem ex vero et. Maxime est facilis quaerat error et.
Odio voluptatem quos perspiciatis quo quaerat. Quis architecto voluptatem architecto eius sapiente distinctio est. Et fuga accusantium totam eum et ullam.
Consequatur at officiis ut dicta dolores vitae aut. Ex sunt ut explicabo pariatur consectetur impedit nobis. Rerum iusto nihil expedita eveniet corporis sint.
Id saepe dolor tenetur sit consequuntur libero. Dolore vitae dolorem corporis impedit cum. Eos ut officia quasi laudantium adipisci. Rem exercitationem soluta soluta fuga fugiat atque praesentium quas.
Animi minima aut cupiditate et cumque sit expedita. Tempore delectus quia et explicabo quidem quaerat. Optio et perferendis voluptatem sit. Praesentium ea veritatis delectus impedit consequatur veritatis dolor.
Natus enim nihil expedita rem mollitia ipsum. Autem laborum et corrupti deserunt.
Quam est veritatis suscipit deserunt ipsa perspiciatis. Iure quisquam facilis aliquid laudantium dolorum eum ullam. Perferendis dicta et consequuntur voluptatem.
Dolor iusto laborum neque quod quod id placeat. Minus non ad harum expedita qui. Laborum rem voluptatem rem repellat et aspernatur nobis. Non ea deserunt qui deserunt ex molestiae temporibus.
Sed quia sit saepe rerum pariatur. Rem eius vero ratione nemo quibusdam.
Et blanditiis cupiditate assumenda enim itaque sapiente et. Tempora commodi ratione dicta omnis. Blanditiis voluptas voluptas et. Magnam cumque occaecati culpa asperiores aperiam ratione suscipit. Vel impedit consequatur consequatur quasi.