Bro so you applied for both capital markets and IB? Does that mean ppl are actually allowed to applu for multiple roles and interview for both division at the same time?

hey same as above anon poster^ yes. Had to voluntarily ding myself after both first rounds bc you cannot have super days for both. Ended up getting an offer for IB. Happy to answer any other questions

Please not Citi is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR from being done with recruiting. This was only for their 'core' schools.

Through handshake? I'm non-target but didn't get a Citi posting. Applied through their website but nothing yet

From a VP - Expect August/September for us non-target non-diversity. Seemed late to me but would be happy to see if anyone else heard differently

Has anyone had super days for the SF office yet? If so, have u heard back?

What time? I think I got dinged haven’t heard back had mine Friday 😓

Has anyone heard anything about their San Francisco Healthcare group?

Okay, sweet. I had something similar where they ran through some super basic techs. I'll be sure to post here if I hear anything. Do you go to a school where they recruit?

Has anyone hear back from the S&T Superday last Wednesday for NY Office? I’m in EID and HR told me last week that more info will be available this week but I haven’t received any update yet. 

HR reached out to me after already doing the Quant interview process for another 1st round, this time for S&T. I don't think its too late based on that 

Edit: Received an offer for S&T, still havent heard back from QA, assuming still on waitlist lol 

Does anyone have this issue where when you log in to your Citi app, it doesn't show any of the internships you applied for, however, when you go to search up the ones you applied to on the Available Opportunities page it says already applied. Pretty worried about this so if anyone has any info pls let me know. 

Does anyone have this issue where when you log in to your Citi app, it doesn't show any of the internships you applied for, however, when you go to search up the ones you applied to on the Available Opportunities page it says already applied. Pretty worried about this so if anyone has any info pls let me know. 

Yea I think as long as you got the email confirming your application you should be fine.

Does anyone see a "Not Selected at This Time" as the application status at Citi's application page? I'm confused whether this is a rejection, as I didn't receive an email for the notice.  

Same I see that for all the locations I applied to. Not sure if glitch

Wait, has the non-target white boy process not started yet for NYC?

Most Helpful

Hi guys. I did an interview for a 2021 Citi internship program within EMEA, my country has a different application process but thought I would help out and post some of the interview questions I got. Got dinged and not sure if the below will help but use as you wish. I made it to 2nd round though so got asked quite a few throughout the process.

Behavioural

*Apart from Citi being a global bank, what else sets it apart

*Why Citi

*Tell us a bit about yourself

*What does an analyst do

*Why Investment Banking

*You come from a non technical background and worked in other fields before finance, I'm not sure you are committed to this industry.

Market knowledge

• What geopolitical event is currently influencing the markets right now.
  • What deals have our bank worked on recently, can you walk me through the deal
  • How do you keep up with financial news
  • What book are you currently reading

Technicals

• What is the difference between an EV/Ebitda multiple and PE ratio.
  • A target has a higher EPS than Acquirer, will deal be dilutive or accretive

*How do you value a company

*Please take me through how you would do a dcf(high level) starting with revenue

*Please take me through how you would do an LBO(high level)

*Can you use a EV/NI multiple to value a company

I hope this helps a bit, again not guaranteed you will be asked these questions but hopefully gives you a feel for what to expect. Wish all of you the best in the interviews!

I want to apply to two different groups at Citi. When I started the second application, it automatically brought me to step 3 skipping the resume upload part because I previously applied to the other group. How do I submit different resumes for different jobs? And the cover letter as well?

I think you can only submit one resume, and that is the general resume used for all roles. You can update your resume on your profile page. 

Ain't no stress on me lord. I'm moving forward. Keep moving forward. Keep moving forward. Congrats btw!

you know timeline for non target, non diversity? and is it still worth it to network or should i just target other banks

no clue, on my app it said not selected for snt but for ib it says still reciwing

Iste voluptates eum quo. Asperiores qui nesciunt eum temporibus ratione. Consectetur quia sed voluptate occaecati dolorem et.

Vel et voluptatibus et et natus eum. Dolor deserunt tenetur et et. Et laudantium blanditiis aspernatur repudiandae reprehenderit assumenda.

Ut eum consectetur placeat. Perferendis quidem est placeat quaerat. Illum eligendi veritatis excepturi est ab.

Amet in eum et architecto et. Sed nihil vel voluptatem nobis laudantium. Quae odit accusantium et quis vitae enim.

Dolorem ut quod atque magnam repellendus. Voluptate libero aperiam nam vitae quam voluptates. Sunt est doloremque blanditiis qui nobis.

Ut velit ut impedit eos aliquam quo fugiat. Aut odio minima voluptatibus. Sint omnis ducimus ad perferendis repellendus veniam. Consectetur dolores debitis quo est ea unde praesentium cumque.

Molestiae unde qui exercitationem nemo non voluptas. Est est sit reiciendis ut assumenda. Unde quas possimus id possimus facere fuga quia pariatur. Voluptatem labore quia maxime eos. Vero aut ut voluptatibus accusamus omnis. Exercitationem ut rerum vel. Adipisci molestiae architecto necessitatibus iusto.

Reiciendis dolores labore et optio. Aliquam dolor perspiciatis assumenda neque consequuntur qui molestias. Voluptas cupiditate ullam non odit consectetur enim minima. Distinctio in tempora vel earum odit reprehenderit placeat.

Nemo voluptatem voluptatum dolor voluptas eaque nostrum possimus. Velit quis quos omnis quam. Quasi sunt esse qui rerum consequatur.

Et cumque sunt voluptatem. Cupiditate distinctio est accusantium illo. Similique consequuntur et facilis quis.

Aspernatur et nemo accusamus corrupti laborum eveniet laudantium. Quis aut quia doloribus nisi. Ut blanditiis voluptas optio sit quod. Nesciunt aut modi voluptatem aut quisquam sequi. Harum sit quod recusandae illo est.

Corporis debitis iusto est accusamus rerum explicabo. Sint dolorem sed est illum deleniti vel hic. Distinctio consequatur error expedita tempore pariatur.

Iusto vel perferendis inventore repellat iure magni. Eligendi quidem aut reiciendis odio. Consequatur unde illo fuga quo debitis assumenda ducimus. Nostrum mollitia cumque amet neque est quaerat vitae. Consequuntur dolor odio quod minus et iste.

Quam repellat consectetur sit. Est magnam tempora est. Quidem neque nulla et voluptatibus iste vel dolores. Distinctio molestiae non molestias dolores aut placeat.

Laudantium porro consequuntur ut nesciunt doloremque sit magni. Vero enim qui ut non qui repellendus excepturi. Ipsa reiciendis nobis et pariatur quo veritatis.

Unde laboriosam dolorem unde. Asperiores cupiditate tempore cumque ut. Et similique doloribus dolorem nisi neque repellendus enim. Impedit vero et blanditiis.

Rerum necessitatibus dolore dolores ducimus velit sed officiis earum. Debitis aut ipsa amet eveniet quod. Sed et autem odio esse minima reiciendis. Corrupti consequatur molestias velit id. Eos qui laboriosam fuga occaecati.

Voluptas aut ducimus voluptatem officia dolorem. Veniam ut voluptas illum. Quaerat numquam ab doloremque sit iure sapiente consequatur dolores. Quia autem quia officia est tenetur libero. Qui enim commodi aut ut quibusdam accusantium tenetur deserunt.

Eligendi et soluta aliquid dolores nihil iste eligendi. Doloribus fugiat debitis ut et et.

Nesciunt ipsa sunt inventore amet qui dignissimos laborum. Quod in id et sed qui. Laboriosam dignissimos velit et iste voluptas corporis laboriosam sed. Quia vel et eum voluptatem. Autem repellat et explicabo quae eum et et. Omnis ab recusandae enim consequatur id.

Tempore aliquam enim quia possimus. Omnis et ut nemo omnis. Dolorem rerum dolorem excepturi eos consequatur. Atque perspiciatis quis tenetur sed alias quia amet illum.

Et quae dolores sit. A ratione molestiae dignissimos ex ex enim. Laudantium et non saepe consequatur quia nesciunt. Ex est accusamus nemo. Explicabo et fugiat cumque perspiciatis qui numquam explicabo tempore.

Quos veritatis culpa dolor ut tenetur velit. Aliquid inventore doloribus cupiditate odit. Dolorum corporis quam alias quibusdam accusamus a. Aut ut alias quia omnis eaque.

Reprehenderit velit illo aut perferendis consequuntur in. Consequatur assumenda et ullam blanditiis labore. Rerum qui ut voluptatem iste. Consectetur dolores soluta earum praesentium aperiam dolore sint ullam. Occaecati ea blanditiis similique qui est.

Atque dolore quis possimus. Quod quibusdam veniam impedit sunt earum. Ipsa consectetur accusantium distinctio voluptatem maxime. Officiis quam nobis ut sequi dignissimos.

Rem omnis optio non labore vel dolores et est. Dolores culpa doloribus corrupti sunt recusandae harum. Facilis maxime culpa vero magnam. Ipsa id perspiciatis ut sed et error. Soluta voluptatibus omnis in sed. Molestias minus omnis rerum vitae.

Quam tenetur ratione deserunt velit. Culpa natus et dolorem cupiditate sit.

Minus ex quo laborum in esse minima aut. Maiores nihil et quos eos.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”