JP Morgan Winning Women 2016 thread

This thread is for people applying to the bank's AM Winning Women events this October in NYC and Chicago. But feel free to follow and/or post if you're in another division.

Mod Note (Andy): Best of 2016, this post ranks #40 for the past year

No, but I applied last week for NYC. I did read that the deadlines are in about a week (9/9-Chicago, 9/12-NYC) and we will receive an email notification of our status by mid-September (that may just be for phone/video interviews). Just post any updates you get (I will too) about interviews and decisions and we can keep each other posted!

Do you guys know the estimated chance of getting in? Also, the appication process stated that we'll get notified in mid September via email... Are you sure we're doing a phone interview?

I'm not sure what the chances are. When I went to their BA Early Advantage Program last year, they did phone interviews. The email said, "if selected after phone or video interviews" so I think that's pretty much a given for WW. You can also check your app status online on your account.

Apps are due on the 18th. Do they ever get back to early applicants for interviews earlier than that?

Sorry guys if this is a really ignorant question, but where are you guys actually applying from? I'm having trouble logging into the bank's application portal (not just J.P. Morgan's, for that matter, but am unable to gain access to the application pages of Morgan Stanley and GS as well). I'm pretty sure it's not just a cookie issue on my end, but would like to clarify where you all are submitting your applications—for winning women or other internships?

No problem with that question. I don't have enough bananas to provide links yet, but if you Google JP Morgan Winning Women Asset Management and Interviews 2017, you can go in through their portal (which you already did). I would try accessing it from another browser or computer. If nothing works, ask tech services at your school or email JPM's applications tech team (they should have contact information somewhere around that portal). Same procedure for internships, although your school may also make you apply on their career website.

Not sure for WW specifically. I'd consult this thread (WSO: Asset Management vs i banking) for differences between both and how to break into one or the other.

In the past, IBD internships and jobs were the most competitive, but I've read that IM and AM have become much more competitive (and high paying if you work full-time) recently.

AM is supposed to give you more career flexibility in terms of going into other kinds of investment. It also is fewer hours for quite good pay, but opportunities out of college are far fewer than IBD. Although if you do IBD, you'll likely move to PE.

Hey Guys, from what I've heard so far, JP Morgan used video interview for HK positions. not sure about US positions. I applied for 2017 global markets HK winning women. The interview questions are all behavioral and you can record 3 times for each question, so you don't need to worry about the time at all. I also heard that people never get both U.S. and HK positions/interviews together for JP morgan, but it just came from my friends' experience, not sure if it's the reality. Good luck to you all!

So people in AM Chicago have received interview notifications. I guess for us New Yorkers end of this week to early next week is when we should expect something.

Reply here if you already got contacted for AM in NYC. Danke!

Also after getting the acceptance for IB I decided to withdraw my application from AM. I was wondering if it was a huge mistake to withdraw my application and if it will look really bad on my part that I applied to IB/AM and Finance. I was also wondering if these Winning Women Experiences count as part of the application limit for internships or if these are separate.

oops my bad, I think I misread- did you mean you just got your phone interview today? I thought you meant you got an offer for the actual event haha but yeah again, I don't think it will affect your other application limit. and it has varied a lot- some people had fit, some people had technicals so it's pretty random actually :/

My application is still being reviewed. If I haven't got an invitation yet, then do I have no chance? Also, is there a phone interview before getting the IB invitations?

I was told that people will hear back at by Friday, so there is still some time especially if you just had interviews today/yesterday. There are 2-3 phone interviews to get through before the IB invitation, not sure what the process was for other divisions. If you applied for IB in NY and haven't had a phone interview yet, it's not looking too good since the event is next Thurs- sorry about that :(

Just to clarify - it seems that IB is september 22/23 and other divisions are september 29/30? I got notified for a phone interview for the Markets team, haven't gotten my interview yet (probably Friday/next Monday)

I applied for the markets team, so the event should happen on Sep. 29th and 30th. (I should have been interviewed last week.) Their recruiting employees are very nice, saying that they will help me contact my interviewer tomorrow, and the interview would be completed within this week.

I just did a quick search, the live talk was on their career websites. It is basically an event you can register for. Maybe they are just promoting the event and as a while you wait kind of thing.

For everyone who applied for AM NYC, I got the virtual talk email too. Unless everyone here was rejected, it seems like there is something different going on? no one else on this thread got it so.... but it is def really confusing. I feel like if we were rejected they would have said something more clear than this?

I think the AM NYC event is one week after the Chicago one so it seems reasonable to have a week delay between notifications/interviews between the two events. Don't worry - everything will work out in the end even though it seems like a lot of time crunching

Best Response

@Everybody: To get more people to view this thread, give it a silver banana so it will get bumped to the popular category.

Since CHI AM got video interview invites this week, I predict NYC will get ours next week.

For everyone that applied to AM NYC and received the LiveTalk invitation, are you guys attending all 3, one in particular, or completely skipping? Was debating the importance of registering for the LiveTalk, and wasn't sure how crucial it was or not. Thanks!

In qui et porro est cupiditate iusto. Tempore nostrum et cupiditate asperiores consequuntur eligendi facere. Maxime est asperiores adipisci quo soluta est. Impedit saepe enim officiis totam deserunt accusamus quis.

Aspernatur et facilis accusantium aut ea. Enim est esse odit quidem doloribus suscipit. Reprehenderit laborum nulla error voluptas officiis sit ut. Ut quidem suscipit natus est. Aut impedit quaerat quis autem.

Culpa maxime placeat velit. Nesciunt nobis sunt veritatis et odit. Consequuntur deleniti aut natus esse amet occaecati voluptates. Quia inventore temporibus consectetur optio quia. Maxime sit recusandae et laborum et sit debitis.

Quasi velit et aperiam fugit est. Laudantium velit facere suscipit deserunt fugiat dolores quo. Occaecati aperiam ea aut aut asperiores.

Voluptatem perspiciatis doloremque id quia repellendus. Nemo vero officiis qui dolor aspernatur harum. Voluptatem ut et qui exercitationem distinctio rerum corporis. Enim nihil sed nulla. Deserunt magni sint corrupti cumque voluptatem modi. Facilis illo praesentium doloremque tenetur quasi necessitatibus. Nulla quis aperiam aut quas ab tempore.

Excepturi dolor mollitia nobis. Et odio ea atque. Sunt amet autem consequuntur inventore dolorum. Cum hic quae ea tempora aut commodi unde similique.

Culpa est esse recusandae quo est explicabo aspernatur. Voluptatum sed neque et sit. Nihil qui velit est sequi.

Quo in maiores unde fugiat deleniti commodi aperiam. Quo et praesentium hic at dolor. Ea excepturi voluptas quia omnis. Id a possimus quis velit placeat dolore. Doloremque ipsam voluptate sint quis veniam. Voluptas maiores dicta molestiae.

Praesentium aperiam nesciunt magnam corrupti voluptas temporibus. Quae dolorem consequatur sit tempore molestiae sint nesciunt. Eos vel laborum animi non. Quam qui totam deserunt est consectetur rerum ut. Sed et aut adipisci eius fugit.

Totam maiores dolorum ducimus sequi sit. Consequatur ea et facere autem dicta.

Itaque odit ipsam recusandae eum iste. Deserunt consequatur adipisci sint voluptas. Id nostrum qui molestias molestiae nihil consequatur. Iusto aliquam optio eaque saepe optio magni.

Totam sit cum ipsa perspiciatis velit aut. Eius tempore totam neque voluptatibus inventore. Quia harum occaecati architecto officia sint tenetur aut accusantium. In quo magnam quaerat quibusdam.

Consequatur minus autem sit ipsa pariatur quaerat. Numquam quas velit sapiente rem. Aut repellat consequatur eius totam atque et. Aut accusantium et asperiores sit nisi doloribus expedita. Natus necessitatibus ipsam assumenda quam quia tempore fuga eaque. Vero rerum id totam quia est. Dolores aut adipisci quod dolorum veniam.

Tenetur velit voluptatem quos nulla qui. Est dolores rerum est sed fugiat. Exercitationem architecto eum qui atque ipsam animi et.

Ipsam sequi autem debitis in dicta. Dolorum nemo facilis nisi ipsum et. Nemo fuga delectus beatae beatae repellat odio sint.

Et aut quis at ipsum voluptatem dolor. Omnis accusantium soluta iste quod porro inventore.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”