Comments (304)

Sep 5, 2016 - 10:17pm
Potryasayushi, what's your opinion? Comment below:

No, but I applied last week for NYC. I did read that the deadlines are in about a week (9/9-Chicago, 9/12-NYC) and we will receive an email notification of our status by mid-September (that may just be for phone/video interviews). Just post any updates you get (I will too) about interviews and decisions and we can keep each other posted!

Sep 7, 2016 - 2:11pm
baconhater93, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I mean you can submit one application right? It doesnt even ask if you are applying for one but asks you preference. I put NYC 1st and Chicago 2nd. Idk how they are going to do it

Sep 7, 2016 - 11:27pm
Hihellohi, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Do you guys know the estimated chance of getting in? Also, the appication process stated that we'll get notified in mid September via email... Are you sure we're doing a phone interview?

Sep 8, 2016 - 11:47pm

I'm not sure what the chances are. When I went to their BA Early Advantage Program last year, they did phone interviews. The email said, "if selected after phone or video interviews" so I think that's pretty much a given for WW. You can also check your app status online on your account.

Apps are due on the 18th. Do they ever get back to early applicants for interviews earlier than that?

Sep 9, 2016 - 8:59pm
gawker, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Is there supposed to be some sort of indication on the app status online? Mine just says "application received" but the NY deadline hasn't passed yet. Not sure how they're going to differentiate between Chi and NY...

Sep 20, 2016 - 11:59am
muxicun, what's your opinion? Comment below:

The application deadline is the same as the New York one. I guess everyone got the video invitation for Hong kong positions.

Sep 9, 2016 - 3:54pm

Thanks for keeping us updated. Do let us know how your interview goes, and best of luck! I hadn't been aware of any WWs going on outside the U.S. That's really fascinating.

Sep 22, 2016 - 5:24pm

No I haven't heard from Asia, but I got a superday from the new york office. I really appreciate that they could give me the chance. Also, good luck to your application!

Sep 9, 2016 - 1:33pm
Brosef Stalin17, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I was expecting some more derogatory from this thread title

Sep 10, 2016 - 4:01am
prosp_monkey98372, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Sorry guys if this is a really ignorant question, but where are you guys actually applying from? I'm having trouble logging into the bank's application portal (not just J.P. Morgan's, for that matter, but am unable to gain access to the application pages of Morgan Stanley and GS as well). I'm pretty sure it's not just a cookie issue on my end, but would like to clarify where you all are submitting your applications-for winning women or other internships?

Sep 10, 2016 - 12:25pm

No problem with that question. I don't have enough bananas to provide links yet, but if you Google JP Morgan Winning Women Asset Management and Interviews 2017, you can go in through their portal (which you already did). I would try accessing it from another browser or computer. If nothing works, ask tech services at your school or email JPM's applications tech team (they should have contact information somewhere around that portal). Same procedure for internships, although your school may also make you apply on their career website.

Sep 10, 2016 - 2:17pm
prosp_monkey98372, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Thanks for your response-changing the browser worked perfectly (which is shocking to me because using a different laptop, changing cookie settings, etc. nothing worked), thanks so much! Best of luck to you in your application!

Sep 10, 2016 - 12:22pm

Not sure for WW specifically. I'd consult this thread (WSO: Asset Management vs i banking) for differences between both and how to break into one or the other.

In the past, IBD internships and jobs were the most competitive, but I've read that IM and AM have become much more competitive (and high paying if you work full-time) recently.

AM is supposed to give you more career flexibility in terms of going into other kinds of investment. It also is fewer hours for quite good pay, but opportunities out of college are far fewer than IBD. Although if you do IBD, you'll likely move to PE.

Sep 12, 2016 - 8:02pm

Ahhh. She got it about 2-3 hours ago. Hopefully they'll still be making calls later today/tomorrow. Let me know if you hear back :)

Sep 12, 2016 - 9:38pm

She applied to IB, so I'm guessing AM hasn't made calls yet since the deadline is today anyways. I freaked out a little bit but she's a junior so it makes sense.

Sep 20, 2016 - 12:02pm

Hey Guys, from what I've heard so far, JP Morgan used video interview for HK positions. not sure about US positions. I applied for 2017 global markets HK winning women. The interview questions are all behavioral and you can record 3 times for each question, so you don't need to worry about the time at all. I also heard that people never get both U.S. and HK positions/interviews together for JP morgan, but it just came from my friends' experience, not sure if it's the reality. Good luck to you all!

Sep 20, 2016 - 1:41pm

Hope you all can receive the invitations!

Sep 13, 2016 - 6:48pm

Has anyone done the video interview for AM yet? Any insights?

Sep 14, 2016 - 10:38am
dobby.likes.socks, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I applied to IB - interviewer says that it's a series of phone interviews before you get invited to superday for a final internship interview. Does that mean that the NY event is a superday? I'm very confused about what this winning women program is about.

Sep 14, 2016 - 6:14pm

So people in AM Chicago have received interview notifications. I guess for us New Yorkers end of this week to early next week is when we should expect something.

Reply here if you already got contacted for AM in NYC. Danke!

Sep 15, 2016 - 2:16am
newbierobot123, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Also after getting the acceptance for IB I decided to withdraw my application from AM. I was wondering if it was a huge mistake to withdraw my application and if it will look really bad on my part that I applied to IB/AM and Finance. I was also wondering if these Winning Women Experiences count as part of the application limit for internships or if these are separate.

Sep 15, 2016 - 3:19am
134ibwannabe, what's your opinion? Comment below:

wait you got accepted into IB today? after just one interview?

and I think you will be fine.

Sep 15, 2016 - 3:27am

oops my bad, I think I misread- did you mean you just got your phone interview today? I thought you meant you got an offer for the actual event haha but yeah again, I don't think it will affect your other application limit. and it has varied a lot- some people had fit, some people had technicals so it's pretty random actually :/

Sep 15, 2016 - 12:04pm

PEOPLE who applied to AM and heard back: did you all have Chicago as first preference? Anyone who had NY as first preference heard back yet????? Im freaking out now.

Sep 15, 2016 - 4:58pm

Also applied to NY. So far as I can tell, no one in NY has gotten anything yet. (Our deadline was this Monday, and they have so many other apps in other events to go through first!).

Sep 15, 2016 - 4:34pm
Hihellohi, what's your opinion? Comment below:

My application is still being reviewed. If I haven't got an invitation yet, then do I have no chance? Also, is there a phone interview before getting the IB invitations?

Sep 15, 2016 - 5:04pm

I was told that people will hear back at by Friday, so there is still some time especially if you just had interviews today/yesterday. There are 2-3 phone interviews to get through before the IB invitation, not sure what the process was for other divisions. If you applied for IB in NY and haven't had a phone interview yet, it's not looking too good since the event is next Thurs- sorry about that :(

Sep 15, 2016 - 10:55pm
thu, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Just to clarify - it seems that IB is september 22/23 and other divisions are september 29/30? I got notified for a phone interview for the Markets team, haven't gotten my interview yet (probably Friday/next Monday)

Sep 20, 2016 - 1:43pm

Me too. I haven't got my interview yet. I guess it might be tomorrow. Hope we can both do well:)!

Sep 19, 2016 - 9:00pm
hippo25, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Have either you or @Zhuoyang-Wu" done the interview yet? If yes, have you guys heard back? Thanks :)

Sep 20, 2016 - 1:43pm

I applied for the markets team, so the event should happen on Sep. 29th and 30th. (I should have been interviewed last week.) Their recruiting employees are very nice, saying that they will help me contact my interviewer tomorrow, and the interview would be completed within this week.

Sep 16, 2016 - 4:15pm
Koufax, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I just did a quick search, the live talk was on their career websites. It is basically an event you can register for. Maybe they are just promoting the event and as a while you wait kind of thing.

Sep 16, 2016 - 4:24pm
Koufax, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I just looked through my emails. I actually got an invite for the AM Livetalk about 2 weeks ago from campus recruiting

Sep 16, 2016 - 6:14pm

For everyone who applied for AM NYC, I got the virtual talk email too. Unless everyone here was rejected, it seems like there is something different going on? no one else on this thread got it so.... but it is def really confusing. I feel like if we were rejected they would have said something more clear than this?

Sep 16, 2016 - 6:24pm

I think the AM NYC event is one week after the Chicago one so it seems reasonable to have a week delay between notifications/interviews between the two events. Don't worry - everything will work out in the end even though it seems like a lot of time crunching

Best Response
Sep 17, 2016 - 4:58pm

@Everybody: To get more people to view this thread, give it a silver banana so it will get bumped to the popular category.

Since CHI AM got video interview invites this week, I predict NYC will get ours next week.

Sep 19, 2016 - 2:03pm
xcmtmhm, what's your opinion? Comment below:

For everyone that applied to AM NYC and received the LiveTalk invitation, are you guys attending all 3, one in particular, or completely skipping? Was debating the importance of registering for the LiveTalk, and wasn't sure how crucial it was or not. Thanks!

Sep 19, 2016 - 7:19pm
imscared, what's your opinion? Comment below:

lmao had my first phone call for IB on 9/12 and never heard back so I guess I didn't get it cry.

Sep 19, 2016 - 11:17pm
anabelle, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I'm going to the IB super day this Friday, but just a bit confused about the two sets of dates for WW - does anyone know for sure the 29/30 dates are for other divisions in CIB other than IB? My friend who applied to IB just got her phone interview last friday, the day after we got the invite to 22/23.

Sep 20, 2016 - 10:06am
GMG, what's your opinion? Comment below:

You don't stand to gain anything by having real names/photos on your profiles while going through recruitment, would suggest using a pseudonym.

Sep 21, 2016 - 12:28pm

I just checked my application status and I was rejected. But I kinda expected it cuz.........i realized there was a typo lol. Im gonna submit regular applications next week.

Sep 21, 2016 - 5:36pm
aria17, what's your opinion? Comment below:

i'm still waiting to hear back for Chicago AM...decisions should be up soon though, since the event is next week right?

Sep 21, 2016 - 6:44pm
xcmtmhm, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Does anyone remember the dates for AM NYC? Can't seem to find it anywhere and unfortunately forgot. Thanks, guys!

Sep 21, 2016 - 10:40pm
Twinkle, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Labore ipsum id omnis aperiam consequatur praesentium tempora deleniti. Laudantium ducimus minus fugit illo quia. Iure voluptatem qui voluptatem maxime delectus veniam.

Dolore perspiciatis voluptatum et nihil optio rem beatae. Eum qui porro eius placeat debitis ipsam est consequatur. Autem dolor esse asperiores.

Sep 21, 2016 - 10:25pm
Twinkle, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Et asperiores et aut aut corrupti deserunt illo exercitationem. Et necessitatibus fugit vero ut dolor aliquid. Fugit sed ut labore iste impedit sapiente atque. Minus earum nesciunt expedita dolore. Quia et qui et dolores consequatur est asperiores omnis.

Aspernatur molestiae vero sed est. Similique reiciendis ex enim in. Aspernatur vero blanditiis voluptas iusto cupiditate aliquid quasi. Ut et repudiandae libero placeat. Sed alias repellendus sed omnis. Hic nemo optio maxime commodi.

Sep 21, 2016 - 10:33pm

Ea sit sunt est et. Magnam quos aliquam fugit expedita. Minima enim accusamus tempore ipsum voluptate dignissimos esse.

Sed vero aut eum consequatur aut quidem. Ut nihil culpa consequuntur voluptatem. Eos ratione maiores ex dolore non.

Eaque ad vel non eligendi. In illo sit explicabo et omnis laborum. Quis laborum repellendus voluptate.

Qui et dolorem id quasi aliquam ipsa aut. Occaecati qui eveniet porro occaecati fuga voluptatum.

Sep 21, 2016 - 10:34pm

Recusandae dolore sit harum. Enim quia modi sequi debitis ea eum. Aliquid possimus et et dolores modi.

Corrupti voluptatum laborum maiores molestiae mollitia voluptatem maiores quae. Autem qui ab omnis aspernatur omnis dignissimos. Voluptas laudantium fugit aut ea enim fugit et.

Qui illo cupiditate sed quia ea laudantium. Aut qui autem ex distinctio ea omnis adipisci possimus. Alias sed est voluptas aut error ut.

Sep 21, 2016 - 11:58pm
aria17, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Atque eum sit at ipsam ipsam architecto ipsam. Dolor in suscipit nostrum consequuntur saepe asperiores. Voluptas qui facere cupiditate optio et aliquam. Cumque eos explicabo debitis earum sed. Quasi laudantium aliquid consequatur aliquam nesciunt et.

Fugiat tempore sed et et magni sed rerum. Quam maxime ut et. Provident dolorum ipsam aut ut assumenda suscipit reprehenderit sed.

Sep 22, 2016 - 1:02am

Eos et necessitatibus ipsa ut alias consequatur ut. Accusantium atque error ea nesciunt culpa. Voluptate nemo voluptatem officia eius corporis quia ipsa nesciunt.

Sed non enim voluptas ut. Porro minus et in et rerum vitae quibusdam. Nemo eius tempora suscipit quis adipisci. Accusantium voluptas omnis id eaque voluptatem. Excepturi odio sint odit possimus soluta doloribus vero. Et dolore ut odio.

Ab est et assumenda iste qui. Nihil repellendus totam est molestiae sit at.

Sep 21, 2016 - 11:58pm
zgao3, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Quod et vel hic omnis qui illo assumenda magnam. Totam voluptatem eum architecto. Minima culpa sunt quasi quo voluptatem deserunt.

Autem repellendus veritatis omnis nihil dolores et beatae. Minus rerum iste culpa sunt. Quas perferendis error inventore voluptatibus perspiciatis.

Eos est quo ut ipsum fugit ut placeat. Ipsum cum porro vero a eos temporibus pariatur. Facere explicabo sunt unde pariatur optio deserunt voluptas.

Culpa at reprehenderit enim dignissimos deserunt. Optio dignissimos atque mollitia rerum. Praesentium cum veritatis nihil sit qui. Amet sapiente suscipit amet ipsum. Eos aut a ipsa. Asperiores accusantium suscipit placeat quam qui quo corporis quo. Distinctio provident enim animi quisquam necessitatibus et.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

June 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲03) 99.6%
  • Lincoln International (= =) 99.2%
  • RBC Capital Markets (▲07) 98.8%
  • Bank of America Merrill Lynch (▲01) 98.4%
  • Houlihan Lokey (▲06) 98.0%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

June 2022 Investment Banking

• Lincoln International (▲06) 99.6%
  • Jefferies & Company (▲11) 99.2%