Silver BananaTopicReplies
+1
American Psycho - How has Bateman become a poster child?

jackofalltrades

Fact 1: there are tons users on WSO who have some version "patrick bateman" in their name, or at least christian bale's photo as their pic. Fact 2: his character (some will argue) was a crazy killer and the fact that he worked in M&A is largely irrelevant to the story. Question 1: has bateman's ch...

F*ck Madoff

IBnutz

Is anyone else tired of hearing about this clown? Why is there 24/7 coverage on this guys front door? Look, I understand what he did and I understand the situation, but is it really worthy of the coverage its getting. They guy is going to jail for the rest of his life. Except for the people who ...

Selling vol

ideating

I have a thesis that the market is pricing in a lot more vol than we are going to see. I think from now till end of month would be a good time to sell vol on a 3-6 month time horizon. Thoughts? [Insert usual disclaimer on doing it sensibly, limiting significant swings, etc.]...

Nailin Pailin

KingKongBanker

NSFW LINK NSFW LINK NSFW LINK NSFW LINK NSFW LINK NSFW LINK NSFW LINK http://hustler.com/Hustler_Warning_Parody/parody.php?cs=0&w=420901 Hilarious...

Long Jack Daniels

daltronator

Writing about recession-proof companies and sectors is the media's new favorite thing to do, but I come to you today bearing gifts of a more serious and awesome nature. The Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB), which makes Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort and Finlandia Vodka, has officially confirmed we a...

Hey Guys

WallStreetOasis.com

hey Everyone - welcome! So do any of you currently work in restructuring? If so, where at (if you don't mind sharing...) I was at Rothschild in 2002-2004. -Patrick...

Who Is The Worst Economist?

daltronator

I love that Clusterstock is doing this thing. Isn't it about time some of these economists who were horribly wrong got called out for it? The title 'Economist' is lauded with such praise and reverence that we rarely stop to think that these guys could be totally full of crap. Being called one of the...

Indian Forum Thread

Marcus_Halberstram

While searching for some Indian forums discussing Satyam... I stumbled upon this little gem. Que. I’m 19 and I think I’m addicted to masturbation. I masturbate so much that blisters and cuts are forming on my penis. The cuts are really beginning to hurt; it’s even painful to walk now. Can yo...

22 yr Old going to formal thread

Marcus_Halberstram

Did one of you horse's ass admins seriously delete this thread? Patrick I think you need to crack the whip on these clowns. What in god's name are they doing? I see expletive's being changed ex--etives, which is fine, whatever. But whole threads are being removed, for what reason? Or.... did th...

How to prepare

Getco

I noticed this subject came up on a prior thread. For those of us finishing up school, we have about 5-6 months before we start joining our respective firms. If some of the experienced restructuring analysts and associates could give some advice on how to prepare, it would be helpful. If there ...

Hi Club Reps

WallStreetOasis.com

Hi Club Reps - welcome to our new group! The reason I created this group is so that we could bounce ideas off each other to see what your training needs are and how The Analyst Exchange can help. For those of you that have reached 15 group members - congrats. I hope your free training is going ...

Odds of JP Morgan failing/getting bought out

lionheart

So, I think that I am going with the JP Morgan offer. However today, it's stock went down 11.42%. This market is really scaring me. What do you guys think are the odds for JP to fail/get bought out by mid-summer next year? Should I take the offer without worrying because it's too big to fail?...

1000th Monkeying Around Forum Topic

jackofalltrades

what's the prize?...

Club Representatives

WallStreetOasis.com

This is a group for all of the admins that are Club Representatives for their club at school. This group will be used to update you on promotions, training opportunities with the Analyst Exchange and provide support. Regards, Patrick...

The Little Old Lady Suing The SEC Over Madoff Scheme

daltronator

One 61-year-old woman, who lost her life's savings in the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme is taking her revenge out on the SEC, who she says should have protected her from this horrible, horrible man. [quote=WSJ] A New York woman who lost nearly $2 million investing with Bernard Madoff has filed a claim...

PRIVATE PORTFOLIO HELP

b333b

Hey, so i am in the process of opening one. It takes a few days to verify my bank account using ach. so ive been researching stocks a lot lately. and it seems to me that any high school kid could do as well as the most seasoned investor. i mean you can read the companies' financial statements on fin...

+1
The Street Before Christmas 2008

Eddie Braverman

The Street Before Christmas 2008 'Twas the Street before Christmas, and everything sucked. Most bankers were hurting; some totally f-cked. Lehman was dead and Merrill acquired Thain asked for ten million as thousands were fired. TARP funds flooded every bank on the Street, and GM and Chrysler wai...

Dick Fuld Treated Like A Telemarketer

daltronator

In the WSJ's big feature on the demise of Lehman brothers, there is an interesting anecdote that Clusterstock points out. http://clusterstock.alleyinsider.com/2008/12/dick-fuld-dissed-by-ken-lewis-wife Fuld resorted to calling the Bank of America CEO, Ken Lewis' home phone number multiple times o...

You Can't Wear A Loud Shirt In This Economy?

daltronator

Looks like those power ties, loud patterns, and pink shirts are going the way of risky CDOs -- they make you look like an idiot and shouldn't be bought anymore. http://cityfile.com/dailyfile/3657 Anyone else agree with this new fashion trend?...

LSO Video on 20-20

DaCarez

Bits of Leveraged Sellout's video "The Faceoff" was on 20/20 last night, in a segment on how "greed is good" was the mantra of the last few years blah blah. Of course, they didn't couch it in the fact that it was satire, but who would expect that from the mainstream media. Just thought it was kind ...

NYC women are so ugly

ChicagoRules

Sadly, most of the girls you see at NYC clubs and bars look like this. Compared to cities like los angeles, san diego, chicago, dallas, or miami, NYC simply cannot compete. http://nymag.com/news/articles/reasonstoloveny/2008/52945/...

Milk & Honey

snyyj

I want to know if anyone has the new phone number for Milk & Honey. They apparently changed their number in November. If you have it please message me or feel free to post here. Thanks....

Significant Other Gifts

Marcus_Halberstram

So what'd you greedy bastards get your significant others for xmas/Hanuka?...

My boring blog!

Soy

This blog is based on my teenage years, the most chaotic of my life. Looking, back I realize how lucky I was, now I seek employment in the second most hated profession in the country (the first being politics). http://thesuburbanasiankidblog.blogspot.com/...

Mean Mr. Potter From "It's A Wonderful Life" Was Right!

daltronator

A very interesting piece showing the stringent and uncompromising business morals of the miserly old Mr. Henry Potter compared to the free-lending and less-business savvy likes of the film's main character, George Bailey -- all shown through the perspective of a jaded post-subprime crisis mindset. ...

British Bankers Are Happy To Be Jerks

daltronator

Let's face it: British bankers are pr-cks! It's like a proven fact or something. To reaffirm this perceived stereotype, a group of concerned British bankers put together this joyous holiday ode to the credit crunch. http://businesssheet.alleyinsider.com/2008/12/bad-british-spoof-video-about-banke...

+1
Insomnia Cookies....

aachimp

So I'm sitting in the library right now grinding through finals prep, and I have this sudden craving for Insomnia Cookies. I don't know about you guys, but these are best cookies ever made...ever... I was looking through what schools have Insomnia Cookies and the list is quite large now. Are they ...

Tracking The Bailout With Colorful Circles

daltronator

The Big Money, Slate's new money/business site, is putting together some interesting content. I was particularly impressed with the scope and attention to detail they put into this interactive bailout map. http://www.thebigmoney.com/articles/making-bail/2008/12/19/bailout-watch All those colorful...

Hello Monkeys

KeyboardMaster2

Hello everybody, The ESSEC Business School is ranked among the best B-Schools in Europe and is the leading B-School in France. Its students represent the "Crème de la Crème" of the French Education System and are selected upon a highly competitive entrance examination for which the preparation la...

Greatest if any impact

Cornelius

wondering what gift(s) had some sort of impact on your life in the last two to three years? that you either received or bought yourself. ..mine was the video ipod. ...

No Sir, I do not understand your email.

CatchTheDay

I am an intern at a VC firm and I do not understand my boss's emails. I am not talking about a particular email- I do not understand any of them. I have to spend like 2 hours trying to decipher what hell he is talking about. His emails are extremely short since he loves to help the environment by ...

Dropping The Goldman Sachs Bomb Tomorrow?

daltronator

Goldman's first quarterly loss to be announced tomorrow? Only time will tell. It's certainly looking that way. http://www.cnbc.com/id/28240805 But if even GS posts a loss, then what will happen? Will the world potentially come to an end? Will the Sun explode? Will the Dow collapse? Will Lloyd Bla...

LSO for consultants...

boilerbanker

http://www.gettingdrunkinfirstclass.com/...

Dating a senior person from another firm?

Phoenix09

What do you think about dating between an analyst and an executive director or vice president from another firm? Without giving away too many details, I know 2 people who are in this situation. Both are in global markets/sales and trading divisions of two bulge brackets. She's an analyst/first year...

Sexiest Insider Trading Case Ever?!

daltronator

All the focus is rightly centered on Bernie Madoff's insane $50 billion Ponzi scheme these days, but there is another lower profile insider trading case you may not have heard about. It all surrounds former Playboy playmate and cover-model (August '94) Maria Checa and her aptly named "Playmate Cap...

Buying $20k Bottles Of Champagne

daltronator

According to the Guest of a Guest blog, not everyone is cutting back on spending in the recession. http://guestofaguest.com/nyc-nightlife/best-20k-i-ever-spent-the-gold-bottle-of-armand-de-brignac-at-marquee/ [quote=Guest of A Guest]An anonymous clubgoer bought this $20k bottle of Armand de Brignac...

Goldman Sachs Lite - "Now With 80% Less Bonuses!"

daltronator

That first ever quarterly loss on Goldman's prestigious balance sheet is already having some negative effects. The FT reported late last night that GS Partners will be seeing an 80% decline in their bonuses this year with compensation packages halted at a paltry (for GS) $400 k.( http://www.ft.com...

Ladies' Night At The SEC

daltronator

Mary Schapiro, the first woman ever to be nominated for the position, will head up the SEC as Obama's latest appointment. But there are some questions as to the strength Schapiro could muster to bust some skulls over at SEC HQ and get that ship back on course. After some recent high-profile screw-...

Who Is Your Favorite Madoff Victim?

daltronator

"Weekend At" Bernie Madoff scammed a lot of people in different industries with his now famous $50 billion Ponzi scheme. (Anyone else going to be watching the CNBC hour-long feature special this week?) But who is your favorite of all the victims? Is it NJ Senator Frank Lautenberg's charitable trus...

Madoff Gets A $50 Billion Shove

daltronator

After escaping from court today, Bernie Madoff did a little shoving and got some much needed retribution in the form of a stiff arm to the clavicle. I can't stop watching this clip of Erin Burnett and Jim Cramer 'analyzing' the shove. http://clusterstock.alleyinsider.com/2008/12/watch-a-photogra...

Where did salary stats go?

petercoolz

Didn't there use to be some sort of a total graph of compensation for registered users? Can somebody provide a link?...

Analyst Forum Refugees

bearing

This group is dedicated for those monkeys that go to WSO to take a break from the CFA studying crunching, CFA vs. MBA debates, taking a shit in the sink ordeals, can I get into research discussions and MSF is just as good as an MBA topics that we all love from the AF forums. Free to join to every mo...

Partying Amid The Chaos

daltronator

At what point will it be 'safe' for Wall Street investors to have an extravagant fancy dinner dripping with opulence? Apparently not anytime soon: http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/17/a-wall-street-soiree-amid-the-storm/ ...

Is Gmail working/down?

Phoenix09

Anyone else who use gmail notice this? I can't get on...

To everyone making a move to NYC next year

strato22

This goes out to those in the community who have secured a job and are planning on moving to NYC next year. I just wanted to take a informal poll as to where you are thinking of living, or if you already live in NYC what would be a good neighborhood to check out on a most likely bonus-less first-yea...

I CHALLENGE YOU

b333b

Post the value of your portolio here on Dec5,2008. Make an update on Jan1,2008, and every 6months thereafter. See who wins? you can also post what stocks(or cd, mutual fund,etc) u have in yr portfolio in a separate post, but you dont have to. if you say that your portfolio has gone up 100% but it ...

Stan O'Neal Back On The Scene

daltronator

Looks like former Merrill Lynch boss Stan O'Neal is itching to get back in the game. But, not so fast, buddy... http://cityfile.com/dailyfile/3484 Love him or hate him?...

Bush almost hit with shoes

Cornelius

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8004316/ He's quick like a cat dodging those shoes....

Pay Roll

monty09

Heard this happen at an infamous company back in 2001..... When a bunch of people were let go they were not taken off the pay roll and contuined to get paid every two weeks for months. The person who was suppose to remove them from the pay roll was laid off much sooner and was not able to get to e...

The Poker Group

trade4size

If anyone is interested in doing a private tournament on poker stars for WSO members just let me know....

Weekend At Bernie's Ponzi Scheme

daltronator

Supposedly the SEC and the FBI received letters several times over the last few years saying something to the extent of "Bernard Madoff is running a Ponzi scheme." Reminds you of Condi Rice's 'Osama bin Laden determined to attack in US with commercial airliners' line. Check out Charlie Gasparino's...

How Bernie Lost Those Measly $50 Billion

daltronator

John Carney of Clusterstock.com explains how Bernie Madoff could have possibly lost that much money at a small family shop. With colorful graphs! http://clusterstock.alleyinsider.com/2008/12/how-bernie-madoff-could-have-lost-50-billion...

Penn State

Rebekah

We are a team of students aspiring to strong careers in the Investment Banking and Private Equity Division. What you'll get from this program. Financial Modeling Training: (1) Consolidated Financial Modeling (2) Mergers and Acquisitions (3) Leveraged Buyouts (4) Valuation and DCF (5) A Final Case ...

Intro.

Soy

Lemme introduce myself. Im a comp sci-econ student. I have interned at a BB IBD, and a top quant fund. I have been getting some private messages from aspirings about how I got in a BB IBD w/my forementiioned major, and other industry specific questions, so Ill try to answer some. I got this from an ...

Welcome WSO Newbies

WallStreetOasis.com

Hey Everyone - I wanted to say welcome to WallStreetOasis.com ... I hope you find the information and discussions on this site useful to you. Also I wanted to encourage you all to get some of your other group members to join since The Analyst Exchange will be announcing some free training to the ...

Tracking The Bailout Money Like A Delicious Trail Of Breadcrumbs

daltronator

If you're like me, you may have a tough time keeping track of all the finite details in the $700 Billion Financial Bailout Package, aka "It's A TARP!". Don't wait to get called out at a fancy downtown dinner party again thinking Pamrapo Bancorp of Bayonne, NJ is only getting $10 million in the plan...

Wall Street Pink Slip Party

daltronator

Looks like these Wall Street Pink Slip Parties are becoming a monthly event. Apparently this one had 30 recruiters and tons of cheap drinks in attendance. Did anyone go last night or hit up the first one last month? http://www.wallstreetpinkslip.com/ I'm anxious to know if I should try and make m...

Problems At Chuck E. Cheese

daltronator

If you thought things were bad at Bennigan's when they were forced to close for bankruptcy a few months ago or at any of the Wall Street firms or American automakers, you haven't seen anything yet. Chuck E. Cheese, while popular and profitable, has been incurring a brutal storm of bad publicity la...

Sandwich Boarders Getting Hired

daltronator

Congrats to Joshua Persky, the out of work banker who strapped on a sandwich board and marched around NYC handing out resumes. All your hard work has finally paid off. Persky was recently hired at Weiser LLP, an accounting firm. http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/08/after-unusual-hunt-ex-b...

Does anyone else

Cornelius

Does any one else think its funny that Tribune is publishing articles on companies going through/on the verge of bankruptcy? maybe its just me....

Attn: Comp Sci Majors

Eddie Braverman

Just a little something I ran across and thought it might brighten your day: http://www.poormojo.org/hate/2007/03/reasons_i_hate_geek_culture_an.html...

"Wall Street Is No More"

daltronator

This is cryptic Lord Of The Rings-style soliloquy currently being spouted out of Alan "Ace" Greenberg's mouth. The once king of Bear Stearns (speaking of things that are 'no more', amirite?!), who has officially spent 61 years working on Wall Street, said that the investment-banking model he creat...

It's not that I'm broke..

Cornelius

its just that I'm cheap and selfish....

Jim Chanos Rocks The House?

daltronator

Rarely do I enjoy reading something with the word 'salmon' in the first line of text, except when preceded by the name 'Felix' or as part of a menu at a fancy restaurant. However, a new feature in NY Mag might make me reconsider that arbitrary criterion that I rigidly adhere to. Just a taste, to se...

+1
Creative Outburst

Anonymous Monkey

"Here’s what didn’t happen: a guy did not urinate on his desk because he was “pissed off.” The real story is so much worse." http://www.dealbreaker.com/2008/01/like_feces_throwing_monkeys_me.php This beats Monkey Business......

Goldman Sachs & Internet Banking: The End of The Golden Age?

vadremc

So, some of you may have heard the chilling rumors surrounding Goldman and their potential interest in internet retail banking to strengthen their balance sheet and help fund other business ventures. Let me ask you; as if any Wall Street association in this current melee is not shameful enough, does...

LayOff List Reaches The 'C's

daltronator

Although there currently exists no universal list of layoffs, it would make things a whole lot easier if there was. In my own warped imagination it appears that we have reached the 'C's on our list today with big layoffs at Credit Suisse and everyone's favorite business news network, CNBC. Please do...

Henry Blodget And Eliot Spitzer: BF4E!!<3

daltronator

Eliot Spitzer is back in the game with an article appearing on Slate.com this week with his take on why we need to stop using bailouts to rebuild big financial institutions. http://www.slate.com/id/2205995/ An interesting read no doubt, especially since the guy just appears to have crawled out fr...

'T. Bear Sachs' Sounds Like A Totally Cromulent Place To Invest

daltronator

from 'Talkshow With Spike Feresten', a very underrated quality late night show....

Your Very Own Bailout

daltronator

Everyone could use a little extra bailout money these days. Oddly enough Vanity Fair (of all places, right? Don't print magazines need a bailout of their own?) rustled up the application you can fill out for your very own: http://mtblog.vanityfair.com/online/politics/2008/12/01/federalbailout.html...

Getting to know each other better

EpicWinner123

Hi Brothers, I hope that we will all be willing to share some of our background and experience. Seeing as how the economy is in the gutter, I think it will be more important than ever to support one another and help each other out. Who knows, in the long run, we will all be successful and will have...

+1
JP Morgan Gets Real With WaMu

daltronator

The Thanksgiving holiday is over and, now it's time to get back to work. First order of business? Laying off all those WaMu employees who actually thought they would become a part of the JP Morgan Chase family. LA Times has the full story - http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-wamu2-2008dec02,0,62...

Getting to know each other better

EpicWinner123

Hi Brothers, I hope that we will all be willing to share some of our background and experience. Seeing as how the economy is in the gutter, I think it will be more important than ever to support one another and help each other out. Who knows, in the long run, we will all be successful and will have...

Going to an Ex's Wedding

Marcus_Halberstram

Interesting situation.... I'm going to an ex's wedding next weekend, and she keeps insisting I call her as soon as I get in town, we hang out, etc... I def think she wants to hook up. Yeah, could be nothing, but it is extremely out of character for her to so adamantly want to see me; I think its on...

12 Month Predictions

daltronator

Everyone knows that predicting where the market will be 1 year from now is a stupid waste of time. There are too many changing factors to make an informed decision. However, this annual ritual is reported on and analyzed with delight anyway. Bloomberg reports that analysts from UBS and Morgan Stan...

best account for preferred?

neutralnuke

Hi I know there have been a few posts on here about the best brokerage account for stocks but does anyone here trade preferred stock? I see a few opportunities arising now and would like to get into this. Any recommendations on preferred stock brokers? Any debt-traders on here? What platform do you...

Beer For Thanksgiving

daltronator

It's been a rough couple of weeks, ladies and gentlemen. I don't need to remind all of you of that. Hopefully you're already home and ready to forget about the markets and your jerk boss for a few days. Don't forget to pick up some beer to celebrate the big day chock full of tryptophan and footbal...

The Ohio State University

cbrock3

The Analyst Exchange, a financial modeling training company, and WallStreetOasis.com, an online community of finance professionals have teamed up to offer training for university students. There will be training sessions and informative seminars on topics including: • Consolidated Financial Stat...

One of the things people do to avoid paying bills in a recession

MDR

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=665847...

Great gator bankers

indian-banker

A group to bring together Florida gators interested in working in the fields of finance or consulting....

Geithner, Romer, And Summers - Best Team Ever?

daltronator

Obama just got finished officially announcing his new economic Dream Team. As we all know, Tim Geithner will be the new secretary treasury (and he skateboards, isn't that ,like, totally rad or something?), Larry Summer will serve as his top economic advisor (probably said 'No' to the Treasury job, r...

How did we get into this mess? (Cato)

cdw38

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=9788 "The housing bubble and its aftermath arose from market distortions created by the Federal Reserve, government backing of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, and the Federal Housing Authority. We are experienc-...

In The Know: Should The Government Stop Dumping Money Into A Giant Hole?

WallStreetOasis.com

Interesting round-table debate. In The Know: Should The Government Stop Dumping Money Into A Giant Hole?...

Citigroup, U.S. in Talks to Create 'Bad Bank'

Anonymous Monkey

From the WSJ: "Citigroup Inc. is nearing agreement with U.S. government officials to create a structure that would house some of the financial giant's risky assets, according to people familiar with the situation. While the discussions remain fluid and might not result in an agreement, talks were p...

Geithner Selected As New Treasury Secretary

daltronator

CNBC is reporting NY Fed Reserve President Timothy Geithner has been selected by President Elect Barack Obama as the next Treasury Secretary. http://www.cnbc.com/id/27844707 Seems like a lot of people are in favor of this given Geithner's extensive background and hands-on dealings with the Wall S...

UCSD FBLA-PBL

tianazhang

Welcome to the #1 Chapter in California-UCSD Future Business Leaders of America - Phi Beta Lambda. NETWORK – Create connections that will prove to be invaluable tomorrow. Meet and speak with today's professional business leaders, who often offer members valuable internships. LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNI...

Michael Lewis On The Colbert Report

daltronator

Michael Lewis, author of "Liar's Poker", the big 'End of Wall Street' recent hit piece in Portfolio Magazine, and now his new book "Panic: The Story Of Modern Financial Insanity" appeared on The Colbert Report last night. In the intro to the show, Colbert even took a dig at Jim Cramer, saying the ti...

Hedging offers

lionheart

So say that I get an offer from company A and accept. Later on I interview with company B and they give me an offer. I like company B better than company A, but do not renege on company A until the last minute because of fears that company B may go down amidst this shitty market. Is this a good...

+1
Proposed new Bailout Plan

pillz

Somali Pirates in Discussions to Acquire Citigroup 2008-11-20 14:23:00.260 GMT By Andreas Hippin November 20 (Bloomberg) -- The Somali pirates, renegade Somalis known for hijacking ships for ransom in the Gulf of Aden, are negotiating a purchase of Citigroup. The pirates would buy Citigro...

Below 8,000... Now What?

daltronator

So the Dow dropped below 8,000 today for the first time since early 2003, where do we go from here? This mysterious 8,000 number has been fixated on by pundits and economists ever since the financial world started to fall apart. Is there another number you guys are hawkishly eyeing? Is it the unem...

Help,

Soy

WSO suffers from a lack of hedge fund traders/structurers/researchers. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to increase membership on this front? Hedge Funhouse has traditionally been the most inactive of the forums. I've already alerted a few of my classmates (aspiring hedgies), and a few of my...

What next?

jackofalltrades

Patrick and others, What are some tips you have for the newbies in the restructuring space in terms of getting the most out of our analyst experience? In the traditional healthy M&A to PE I know that modeling and transaction experience are key aspects, but what can we add to that? I've been learni...

Trader Shoots himself on Exchange Floor

trade4size

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/bbdp/trader-shoots-himself-on-exchange-floor/252567?icid=200100397x1213759365x1200860708...

Background Check questions

lionheart

If I wrote double major finance and accounting on my resume when I interviewed, and later dropped finance after receiving the offer, would this look bad or would a company not care? Also, when they call my previous employers, do they just confirm the time periods when I worked or do they ask them a...

Required Viewing for United Auto Workers Union

WallStreetOasis.com

This is a very serious matter. If the United Auto Workers Union continues to be stubborn like the Attractive Girls Union, I think we can all say goodbye to American cars. Attractive Girls Union Refuses To Enter Into Talks With Mike Greenman ...

Cuban Defends Himself On His Blog

daltronator

The Mark Cuban fallout has begun. The cool part about being a public figure/NBA owner being charged with insider trading? You can defend yourself via blog postings! Yet to be seen: a blogosphere defense actually helping someone in the real world. Check out Cuban's public statement just posted on hi...

Penn State Finance Group

ejb5048

The Analyst Exchange, a financial modeling training company, and WallStreetOasis.com, an online community of finance professionals, have teamed up to offer you discounted one on one training and/or discounted training on campus at Penn State. Knowing how difficult the economy is and that our sector ...

Kogod Finance Group

kogodman

The Kogod Finance Group (KFG) is a leading student-run university organization dedicated to providing the means for American University students to achieve their finance career goals. KFG has three objectives: financial education, career development and philanthropy. The Group manages a fund with a...

Reneging a company in another industry

lionheart

Would there be any long-term negative consequences of reneging an offer if the company is in another industry? For example, if I were to get an offer from KPMG in July, signed, and later got an offer from Goldman in December, would it hurt my career in any way if I reneged on KPMG?...

How Tight-Lipped Do They Want Us To Be?

daltronator

Yesterday, Gary Lynch, Morgan Stanley's Chief Legal Officer, sent a sternly worded letter to the MS staff warning them not to ever again leak confidential information about the firm's plans to anyone ever. Especially not those psycho business bloggers and media-types. Guess what, within a matter of ...

Pages