Silver BananaTrending Content (see all)Replies
+73
Ray Dalio: Capitalism Needs to Be Reformed

CRE

Bridgewater's Ray Dalio [wrote a post about "Why and How Capitalism Needs to be Reformed,"](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-how-capitalism-needs-reformed-parts-1-2-ray-dalio/?published=t/) claiming that the outcomes of capitalism are no longer consistent with the system’s...

+66
What do you do if you have a thing for your director

sadsoul90

Associate in my mid-late twenties, my director is amazing - I just really like her. Maybe I'm telling you all because I can't tell anyone else.

+48
Depressed - Don't want to live anymore

Emotionless

This is a different account that I just made. I made this to avoid using my main account, as I'm well respected, I think? But.. I'm at the point where I just don't want to live anymore. I recently got laid off as a prop trader.. Fuck trading, family, friends, bills, child support...

All Pods
All Events
Silver Banana
Recently Active Topics
Replies
Help WSO - Get a Guide for Free!

heloo17

Hey guys/gals, my name is Mike and I am working with Patrick (founder of WSO) to try and license our Guides (http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/wsoguides) at Babson through the career center. When successful, this will enable you to have access to them for free.  If any of you are willing to send a qu...

Hedge Fund guide (interview and/or industry)

WallStreetOasis.com

Hey guys, We have started our search for an author to our Hedge Fund Guide. If any of you know experienced hedge fund professionals that are #1 great writers and #2 know a ton about the industry, we would appreciate if you could have them e-mail us at [email protected] thanks, P...

Minetta Tavern

juicyj

Any here have the "secret" phone number for Minetta to make a reservation. Its not the 212-475-3850 number. Please PM me if you have it, thanks....

Citi Will Not Tolerate Your Tardy Ass, But C-on-C Violence Is A-Okay

IB1

This was hilarious.. " Citi has a back/middle office in Warren, NJ and also (this'll make sense in a second) buses that go back/forth between there and its other NYC offices for employees. This dude recently (Thursday) got fired for lateness, but takes company transportation to work everyda...

Summer in the City

bkm125

Last summer as a SA I saw a summer guide to New York City put out by Revlon or somebody. It listed all the free stuff happening in the City during the summer, and included things like concerts in the park, movies on the Hudson, and free days at the museums. Does anybody have one of those for this...

Can't Get Enough Ari Gold?

Eddie Braverman

Signing NYC Apt

waltersobchek

I´m sure some of you new 1st years are in the process or have already signed an apartment in NYC. Can someone who has done this list all the paperwork you need? Thanks in advance...

SF Intern Meet-up - June 12

DaCarez

So, before we all get Really involved in our internships, any monkeys down to meet up somewhere in the city for some drinks this coming Friday night? Venue and exact time TBA, post in the thread if you're interested (or even if you would be but the day is just bad)... ...

Attn: Online Poker Players

Eddie Braverman

Looks like Uncle Sam is making a play for your poker winnings. Full Tilt and PokerStars got hit first. Just a heads up: http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=7808131...

First month on the job and wondering about human relations...

japped187

OK, so this might sound like a pussy post but I want your guys' advice. I started at my BB 2 weeks ago and already I see a little bit of office politics (ppl talking shit behind other ppls backs, etc). I have a sense, although not 100% positive, that some ppl in the office don't like me. I would ...

NYC real estate

Derivatives

I currently live in a rental building but am looking to buy a 1-bedroom condo in manhattan. I've looked at about 20 different buildings thus far but have been extremely disappointed. Either the building is nice but in a lousy neighborhood, or the area is nice, but the building is mediocre. Of course...

Introductions

bearing

Hello everyone, I created this group as I know that there is a lot of crossover between people who post on both WSO and AF. To give a brief background I am a college senior from a non target who interned in the ER department at a top BB last year. I will be retuning there FT this July (hopefully th...

+1
LondonE1

Titanium

I met LondonE1. I can confirm that he's in BX restructuring....

stupid excel question

dare34

Lets say cell A1 contains 'Deloitte'. In cell A2, I want it to say 'Big 4' if cell A1 contains 'Deloitte', 'KPMG', 'Ernst & Young', or 'PWC'. What should the formula for A2 be? I've tried =IF(A1=OR("Deloitte","KPMG","Ernst & Young","PMC"),"Big 4","Not Big 4") but that doesn't seem to give me the ...

Chicago

aceon

I just graduated from UGA. I'm headed up to Chicago to trade on the CBOT floor. If anyone is in the area, feel free to contact me....

Even Timmy can't sell his house

GeneralThade

Seems that the Tres. Sec. can't sell his house, and now has to rent it out. http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/03/real_estate/Geithner_housing_market/index.htm?section=money_latest...

NYC women

Derivatives

I just got back from a weekend in L.A. Stayed with a friend who lives in brentwood and partied my ass off at all the hot L.A. clubs. I have never in my life seen so many gorgeous women in great shape, especially hot blondes. In NYC, all you see are brunettes and dark-haired women, so this was a we...

URGENT help with finance homework

theorangecounty

Hey, sorry if this seems like an easy question but its my first time taking a finance class. 1. It is currently date 0. The 1 year rate of interest, r1, is 4%, and the 2 year rate of interest, r2, is 6% per year. The forward rate (f1,2) is 8.04%. What portfolio (i.e. what combination of buying a...

Scions of Capitalism

equityscion

The Scions of Capitalism is a group made up of students under the age of 21 who have an interest in the world of finance....

BiG_PoLo's BLOG!

FLICK_OFF

Here's my blog. There's only two posts, but tell me what you think. Criticism appreciated! http://morningcereal.wordpress.com/...

KFI - Korean Financial Intelligents

kabin1982

Hello^^ I found that all the talks in forums dealing with all finance related topics are practically informative and useful since majority of participants are in same boats as me and are those who have worked in finance field. What I felt about was that Koreans residing in the U.S are not closel...

Princetonians on Wall Street.

FLICK_OFF

This group is for Princeton students, and alumni interesting in or working on Wall Street. This includes investment banking, hedge funds, private equity, research, and management consultancy. Network, and discuss with fellow Princetonians. If you wish to join this group, you have to apply using th...

Where do you find the time?

FreeMarketer331

Note: this is a serious question, not a joke, no sarcasm With such hellish hours, how do bankers ever find the time to get married and have a family?...

Does citibank offer gym discounts in nyc to ibd operations analysts?

subprimevictim

wondering if i should sign up for a gym now, or wait till i start working. ...

Hey WSO Newbies

WallStreetOasis.com

Hey Everyone - I wanted to say welcome to WallStreetOasis.com ... I hope you find the information and discussions on this site useful to you. Also I wanted to encourage you all to get some of your other group members to join since The Analyst Exchange will be announcing some free training to the ...

New Citibank Commercial

Eddie Braverman

The New F***ing Citibank - watch more funny videos ...

Verizon Phones (Blackberry)

pds

Right now, I have AT&T, but my contract is about to be over. I'm on a family plan and my brother wants to switch to Verizon because he can get a 20% discount on the plan through his school. Its time that I get a smartphone. For those of you with Verizon, what phone do you have and is the servic...

Anyone here make a film?

monty09

I am working on a mini doc and looking for any and all advice. I am working on a project on kids that have a foot in two different worlds. ...

Germans: "There is cocaine in Red Bull"

Carlton Banks

Some Germans have told retailers to stop selling Red Bull because they found trace amounts of cocaine. How much cocaine? A measly 0.4 micrograms. I guess that I'm a coke head (as I type, I have an analyst driving around Midtown trying to find some Red Bull)!...

JETS

lotus6

Any other Jet fans pumped about Sanchez? I am...

Banker Saves Suicidal Ducklings

she_monkey

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/banker-saves-suicidal-ducks *zomg squeal*...

Congratulations

firstyear

Hey guys, I wanted to say congratulations to all of you that are graduating this year and to all of the other members, congrats on getting 1 year closer. I also wanted to thank you for making WallStreetOasis.com such an active and useful community and I hope that you will pass it on as a resource to...

Macke's Meltdown

F9 - Update

Wow... http://gawker.com/5263070/a-cnbcers-on+air-meltdown Is anyone else following this? ...

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Hey guys, I wanted to say congratulations to all of you that are graduating this year and to all of the other members, congrats on getting 1 year closer. I also wanted to thank you for making WallStreetOasis.com such an active and useful community and I hope that you will pass it on as a resource...

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Hey guys, I wanted to say congratulations to all of you that are graduating this year and to all of the other members, congrats on getting 1 year closer. I also wanted to thank you for making WallStreetOasis.com such an active and useful community and I hope that you will pass it on as a resource...

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Hello, I wanted to say congratulations to all of you that are graduating this year and to all of the other members, congrats on getting 1 year closer. I also wanted to thank you for making WallStreetOasis.com such an active and useful community and I hope that you will pass it on as a resource to...

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congrats

WallStreetOasis.com

Congratulations

WallStreetOasis.com

Quant funds, not rentec, citadel, or twosigma

FLICK_OFF

Capital Fund Management http://www.cfm.fr/ QuantMix http://www.quantmix.com/ Bluecrest Capital Management http://www.bluecrestcapital.com/ Two Sigma http://www.twosigma.com/ Man Group http://www.mangroupplc.com/ Caxton Associates https://www.caxton.com/ Citadel Investment Group http://www.cita...

Funniest SNL Banking Sketch Ever

bearing

http://www.hulu.com/watch/72439/saturday-night-live-geithner-cold-open#s-p1-st-i3 I know that the title sounds over hyped but I almost fell off my bed watching it the first time. My favorite part is when Geithner ask's "Given the historical underrepresentation of women in banking , women should be...

Slim Shady is Back! Crack a Bottle

ST2008

For those of you who like rap music, what are your thoughts on his new single "Crack a Bottle"? Here is the link of the song: http://www.rapbasement.com/audio/eminem-crack-a-bottle-number-one.html I think it's much better the his first single of Encore "Just Lose it" even though I liked Encore...

Power players in China

dare34

Which are the big companies (the Fortune 500 equivalent) in China ? ...

"Good things can still happen if you tell the right lies"

medward

For all you monkeys fighting your way up the success ladder here is an inspirational and hilarious take on a current sports story. http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9577014#tb...

How long does adderall stay in the system

lionheart

So, I will probably get drug tested sometime in June right after starting work. This week is exam study week and I am pondering whether to take some adderall in order to increase my concentration. My question is how long will adderall stay in my system? Will it be gone by the time I take my drug ...

Who's summering in Toronto?

milkman84

Curious how many people here are going to be in Toronto and if anyone wants to organize a get-together somehow. I go to school in the U.S., so I don't know many people in the city (all my friends are in NY)....

Why give relocation bonus after full-time relocation?

Devils Advocate

Can anyone explain to me why a bank would pay its incoming analysts a relocation bonus after their scheduled relocation? Does it not make more sense to give an incoming analyst -- a broke, recent college graduate, perhaps not from a wealthy family, who is moving to arguably the most expensive city ...

CDO - Question

lotus6

My teacher told the class that CDOs were created by banks to compete with Fannie and Freddie since they were issuing MBS. Is this true? I have a hard time believing anything this guy says considering he told us that CDOs were only made up of subprime mortgages and when I disagreed he told me I'm wro...

How are you handling lower volatility

trade4size

Just wondering how everyone else out there is responding to the decline in volatility in the past month and a half or so. This general decline seems to be common among all asset classes fixed income equity and commodity....

Banker Anthems

DaCarez

This is meant to be a fun thread, for bankers and aspiring bankers alike. Pick a song that you think represents a banker anthem. Doesn't have to be the be-all, end-all; can just be something in specific about the thing. I'll get us started: Paul Oakenfold ft. Pharrell Williams - Sex'N'Money ("girl...

how to make a 1 br into a 2 br?

k1212

I'm about to move into new york and I keep hearing about 2 bedroom convertibles. this is probably a dumb question, but google didn't give me an answer so... is I get a 1 br apartment, how do I convert it into a 2 br? is it making the living room into a second bedroom, in which case there's no livi...

0 3
Best financial online news in HongKong/China

cfamatters

Quick question, are there any good online financial news focus on Hong Kong, China deal flows, and investment banking activities?...

LIBOR Finance Summit

TraderNY

Hey Guys, Did anyone attend this event, if so what did you think of it?...

Stone On Board for WS2

Eddie Braverman

It's official. Oliver Stone has signed on to helm Wall Street 2. Sounds like Shia LaBeouf will be playing a Bud Fox-like role in the new movie: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i0dac803b1646d6af56ac6bb4d7de236c Gecko as a hedge fund manager? Too good to be true....

Just Want to Introduce Myself

ChazMichealMicheals

Maxum last edition...Chaz Michael Michaels IS figure skating BOOM!! View the clip below to have a more intimiate look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aZ0ejI1Ezs...

Are Chicago garbage trucks loud?

FLICK_OFF

Are Chicago garbage trucks loud? I know the New York City ones are. I'm looking for a lowrise apartment, and I don't want to be woken up at six o clock am....

Summer beach house

EagleSpread

Hey, random q. Anyone know the best way to rent a place on the beach for the summer? We have a group of people looking and I figure there would be a few people desperate to rent out the summer houses they can't sell (or are unwilling to at current price). Any info on what would be the best route ...

New WSO ranking

fisticuffs

I sent a link to my friend to check out this site. His first comment was that if one reaches 10,000 banana points, they should be promoted to "Human", the evolutionary chain of the monkey. I thought it was pretty funny. ...

NYC Building Recommendations

waltersobchek

Hey all, I know there are a few people working in finance in NYC on this board....looking for some building or management company recommendations. I have only really heard about Rockrose, and a few others, but was also looking for some nice buildings that would allow you to walk in and sign a lea...

+3
I would Nail Erin Callan

the show

I just had to get that one of my chest, anybody else feel the same way? Google CFO of Lehman Brothers for anyone who doesn't know who she is...

+1
Rick Santelli vs. Steve Liesman

TraderNY

Rick Santelli debated Liesman this morning on Squak Box, they both had disagreements on the Banking System. This is one of the best arguments between the two so far. http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1102499408&play=1 ...

Freddie Mac CFO Suicide? Or Assassinated ?

trade4size

So guys I recently had the idea that that is a good possibility that Freddie Mac's CFO didn't commit suicide but rather was assassinated. This is 100% pure speculation but I think its a possibility. I am not one to buy into conspiracy theories so I wanted others thoughts on the matter....

Men, friendship and love

Allie

Hi, explanations from male bankers awaited. A friend of mine, male banker, did not tell me he had a girlfriend for months and has just told me before explaining that he does not want to see me now that he is with her. How can it be possible that a friend does not tell you that he has a girlfriend...

CommodityCareers.com - Global Job Board for Trading Jobs within Commodities

plakhlani

While the markets may still not have fully recovered, Employers and Recruiters are working hard to bring the latest job opportunities to the attention of Industry Professionals within the commodities markets through CommodityCareers.com. CommodityCareers.com the niche, on-line job portal and a resea...

Wall Street Star Commodity Traders Flee Bonus Limits, Head to Hedge Funds

ghstein

TV Interview on commodity talent leaving banks for hedge funds From: BNN SqueezePlay | April 21, 2009 Smaller pay packages for Wall Street commodity traders are prompting some to head for existing hedge funds or to start their own. BNN's Amanda Lang interviews Commodity Talent LLC Managing Director ...

ghstein

TV Interview on commodity talent leaving banks for hedge funds From: BNN SqueezePlay | April 21, 2009 Smaller pay packages for Wall Street commodity traders are prompting some to head for existing hedge funds or to start their own. BNN's Amanda Lang interviews Commodity Talent LLC Managing Director ...

ghstein

Having sex with everyone

mack387

Ok so... I've never had a real girlfriend/never had any feelings for anyone... and all I do/all i want to do relationship wise.. is just have sex with girls...I've been like this forever...and I'm in my early 20's... is it possible to hold that same mentality well into your 20's/30's?...40's?...thou...

Got a kick out of it...

soc0820

http://warkitty.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/amazing_sunglasses.jpg Disclaimer: Feel free to not laugh. Also, feel free to post some ridiculous, irrelevant response on how prestigious you and your school are....

Green Mutual Funds

gloombergnews

sorry guys - added more content to this post with hopes of getting a discussion going.. Green Mutual Funds http://tinyurl.com/d3aa2n What are your thoughts on these? Should the environment sway your business/investment decisions? The problem that I see with them is that they don't have much of a...

Practical Joke 29 Years in the Making

Eddie Braverman

On a day full of goofy posts, I couldn't resist this one: http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE53553020090406 You have to give it to the guy for originality, but just how boring can retirement really be? And what was the purpose of tying the gun on the end of a rope? WTF was this guy th...

Pages