Goldman Sachs CIMD HireVue 2021

Wanted to start a GS CIMD Hirevue thread since there is one for GS IB. Anyone get the Hirevue/know what the questions are? The Hirevues are reviewed by your school team, so posting is not going to be helping out your competition. If anyone has insight on previous Hirevue questions from previous years, that would be helpful for practice too!

Comments (434)

• Intern in Other
Jul 19, 2020 - 12:45pm

Genuine q: what's stopping people from creating 2 apps just to see the hirevue questions? It would save a lot of time I Guess

Jul 19, 2020 - 1:06pm
Godzilla., what's your opinion? Comment below:

That might work for other banks like MS & JPM, but the Goldman Hirevue is pretty selective so you would have to put together a pretty good fake application. It's just a lot of extra work and if you can't do a simple Hirevue, you're fckd for the superday.

Jul 20, 2020 - 2:02am
jjswatt65, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Got a question for anyone who did a hirevue. I applied CIMD for New York, Chicago, and SLC, and completed my hirevue on Saturday. However, on my application center, under my New York application it says "Current status is Selected for HireVue Interview," but under my Chicago app is says "Current status is Hirevue Completed." Anyone else have this? Is it possible for my hirevue to only have been submitted to one location?

Jul 22, 2020 - 2:09pm
revenueindagreenroom, what's your opinion? Comment below:

mine is the same. I applied nyc ibd and cimd, I only got an email from IBD recruiter. When I did my hirevue, I had 1 question for IBD and 1 question for CIMD after my behavior questions. My IBD app says "hirevue completed" my CIMD app says "selected for hirevue"

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jul 20, 2020 - 9:24am

So have hirevues for SLC already gone out?

Most Helpful
Jul 20, 2020 - 9:55am
CashFlowws, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Yeah, it deff is. There are some really elite groups within the CIMD, and if you could land in one, then I think you could have a whole lot of optionality. That being said, fuck what other people think about your job and whether or not it's prestigious

Jul 20, 2020 - 11:38pm
latemover, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I feel like NYC apps received Hirevue ealier, I applied to CIMD in Dallas July 1 and haven't heard anything back. Anyone applied to Marcus?

• Prospect in S&T - Other
Jul 23, 2020 - 10:35pm

Anyone get a CIMD superday? Apparently IBD superdays are out. I haven't gotten anything but wanted to see if anyone else has heard back

Jul 26, 2020 - 1:44am
lypch, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Did anyone here get a superday yet? I completed a Hirevue for NYC and LA.

Jul 27, 2020 - 10:42am

I have seen some people posting about getting SA offers for CIMD and Compliance this past week... Most of them have joined some insight programs before, is it possible that these folks were accelerated because GS already know them well before?

Jul 27, 2020 - 2:20pm
kobe_bitda, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Does anyone know if IBD and CIMD use the same HireVue? I completed an IBD one a little while back, my portal for CIMD says "Selected for Hirevue," but I haven't received any info about the CIMD HV, even though it's been 3+ business days since the portal status changed.

Jul 27, 2020 - 2:38pm
CashFlowws, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I think you only do one Hirevue and then at the end they ask specific questions for each division you applied to. Did you have a question at the end of your IBD Hirevue about CIMD?

May 17, 2021 - 11:19pm
thienan, what's your opinion? Comment below:

My situation is the same. Did you get a Hirevue later? Or they just consider your previous one?

Jul 29, 2020 - 6:14pm
Sean-Harper1, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I completed the Hirevue for CIMB a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know the turnaround on those and when we will hear back for Superdays?

Jul 29, 2020 - 8:26pm
fruityacai, what's your opinion? Comment below:

How bad is it actually to apply late? Are HV and SD only given to those who apply ASAP?

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jul 31, 2020 - 1:47am

just applied

Aug 1, 2020 - 6:29pm

Anyone know how long we have to answer each HV question, and how many questions there are? Just want to know so I can prepare accordingly.

Aug 3, 2020 - 2:07am

Were you guys satisfied with your answers? I feel like under pressure I start off pretty well and then sometime in the middle will say something really stupid and simple/obvious.

Aug 1, 2020 - 9:00pm
Danny-Manzi, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Anyone else get the location preference selection email? It says that they want to confirm my location preference by monday the 3rd so they can review my hirevues. Anyone else?

Aug 2, 2020 - 12:08am
bigazguy, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Not sure they just sent my HV out on Friday saying get it done by the 3rd. Anyone have advice and do i need to have a good stock pitch down?

Aug 2, 2020 - 3:37am

Lol I highly doubt it, there's too much variance to adequately assess that.

Aug 4, 2020 - 10:53am

Should I email HR and let them know that I want to accelerate because I have another offer? I applied to Dallas CIMD and from my knowledge, don't expect to hear back until at least Sept :/

Aug 4, 2020 - 1:56pm

Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly does "accelerating" mean/entail?

• Intern in IB - Cov
Aug 4, 2020 - 2:00pm

Exactly what it sounds like. You have an exploding offer and can't be considered on a normal timeline. Some companies are willing to accelerate while others aren't.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Aug 7, 2020 - 11:29am

what technical prep is recommended for CIMD

Aug 7, 2020 - 1:04pm
hello23123, what's your opinion? Comment below:

My portal says status is additional interviews but I havent gotten an email yet. What does this mean?

Aug 7, 2020 - 1:14pm
shoyou, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Anyone get a SD from SF CIMD? My status changed to "Interview Completed" as well so kind of worried :/

Aug 8, 2020 - 2:45am
lypch, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I applied July 1, completed the superday around mid-Julyish and got the SD invite yesterday

Aug 8, 2020 - 2:40am
Macbook Pro, what's your opinion? Comment below:

My status got updated (Dallas location), it now says "current status is interview scheduled" "we look forward to seeing you in your upcoming interview. If you have any questions in the meantime, please check booked interviews" did anyone else get this message??? What does this mean?

Aug 12, 2020 - 8:16pm
bigazguy, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I got the hirevue end of July and submit by Aug. 2nd. No response on SD. Anyone heard back from SLC SD?

Aug 11, 2020 - 9:21pm
LilSnek, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Does the "additional interviews" update mean SD? It says a recruiter will reach out to me with more details but I haven't received any info?

Aug 17, 2020 - 1:19pm
11fearless, what's your opinion? Comment below:

mine also says that. I reached out to a recruiter and she said there is no additional activity at this time so I should just stay put...???

• Intern in HF - Macro
Aug 12, 2020 - 3:09pm

For those who had their superday yesterday, has anyone received an offer?

Aug 13, 2020 - 12:19pm
ecg77, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Anyone apply to LA office and heard back from hirevue?

Aug 15, 2020 - 6:18pm
mlla7, what's your opinion? Comment below:

I have no idea but probably a couple of days and if you really need more time to think about it you can be honest and try to get an extension

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Aug 16, 2020 - 4:45pm

I think 2 weeks is pretty standard?

Aug 17, 2020 - 6:22pm
Macbook Pro, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Modi voluptatibus sunt esse. Dicta ut est voluptas perspiciatis exercitationem dolores.

Non et rerum architecto quaerat ad. Aliquid molestiae molestias ut quisquam dolore. Consectetur ut impedit in labore ipsum. Rerum consequatur hic aperiam ut inventore.

Hic impedit sed impedit temporibus aspernatur est. Optio non ratione ut rerum a consectetur. Eaque qui facilis nostrum molestias quasi laborum.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Aug 17, 2020 - 6:16pm

Voluptas molestias sequi corrupti vero velit voluptates rem corporis. Eius qui ea ab nulla natus explicabo adipisci. Dolorem quas vitae eligendi qui.

Quam qui impedit id sit. Eos occaecati quidem et inventore beatae. Iusto voluptates voluptates earum vel. Eos quidem natus nesciunt est quia voluptatem. Reprehenderit iure voluptates eum et ipsam.

Reprehenderit aut error molestiae aliquam distinctio nesciunt non. Rerum est et occaecati qui et. Pariatur voluptatem qui eius beatae.

Aug 17, 2020 - 9:37pm
bananaapple2, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Aut eum et temporibus enim. Adipisci voluptas error illum dolores. Rerum neque molestias sapiente excepturi. Magni reiciendis assumenda veniam suscipit est asperiores. Ad delectus eum necessitatibus dolorem. Sunt voluptatem aspernatur architecto quibusdam.

Earum veniam in sed illum. Occaecati voluptatibus quia consectetur nihil et inventore exercitationem. Enim autem sint harum sunt incidunt. Consectetur dolores quisquam dolorum ipsa vitae.

Veniam et eum deleniti aut. Delectus a et in quaerat non. Perferendis velit qui voluptatibus dolorem praesentium voluptatem. Animi cupiditate culpa voluptatibus magnam sed delectus. Doloribus aliquam nostrum qui accusamus.

Aug 18, 2020 - 11:26am
2022, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Dolorum omnis error quod eius quos reprehenderit eligendi ex. Neque officiis voluptas distinctio voluptates qui quos et. Veritatis dolorem maiores omnis voluptatem. Et perferendis voluptate repellat nemo.

Assumenda architecto voluptas omnis expedita. Qui aperiam qui id. Non harum quos assumenda animi dolorem aut eos. Eius laboriosam similique tempora assumenda cupiditate temporibus.

Quia deleniti libero architecto fugiat. Esse ipsa et sunt adipisci. Unde vel odio ut maxime molestiae. Voluptates nesciunt eos ut iste.

Officia maiores quia debitis nulla neque nihil voluptatem. Voluptas facere cupiditate labore autem aperiam. Aliquam ex eum et aperiam occaecati et. Animi ea id ut porro consequatur eum. Vero voluptas porro sit id. Aliquam doloremque modi magni quia accusamus dolores qui voluptates. Esse quia provident commodi debitis a.

Aug 18, 2020 - 1:33pm
orangepicnic, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Libero sed porro ea aliquid est accusantium. Esse magnam aliquid voluptates ad non. Blanditiis occaecati architecto occaecati omnis dolorem et magni. Minima ut blanditiis quia quis eius. Consectetur illum quisquam ratione fugit libero ut voluptatem.

Illo reiciendis labore ex rerum impedit. Iste et maiores qui qui. Provident ratione et commodi dignissimos laudantium ut. Excepturi est cumque qui expedita qui voluptate.

Minima odio libero similique neque dolor. Dignissimos nihil dolorem excepturi reiciendis officia. Delectus tenetur vero cupiditate maiores quis. Eos excepturi eum qui rerum nostrum iusto. Deserunt cum ad mollitia perferendis. Culpa alias sed est quas.

Aug 18, 2020 - 9:45am
Danny-Manzi, what's your opinion? Comment below:

Quo quidem et accusantium qui omnis quis optio. Quo commodi corrupti est quaerat debitis itaque. Praesentium id quia voluptatem beatae magni voluptas sunt. Nobis aut nihil eius placeat.

Ea quo soluta cumque doloremque debitis fugit est quia. Esse mollitia ut earum beatae.

Laudantium ullam necessitatibus sapiente. Voluptatibus adipisci error incidunt ipsum sunt labore ipsam veritatis. Accusamus aspernatur explicabo doloribus sapiente ipsa est. Consequuntur et numquam eveniet odio. Accusantium qui deserunt cupiditate iure recusandae quia rerum nesciunt. Illo doloremque quisquam doloremque fugiat non qui esse. Ut repellendus velit expedita est enim perferendis quia.

Start Discussion

Career Advancement Opportunities

June 2022 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company (▲03) 99.6%
  • Lincoln International (= =) 99.2%
  • RBC Capital Markets (▲07) 98.8%
  • Bank of America Merrill Lynch (▲01) 98.4%
  • Houlihan Lokey (▲06) 98.0%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

June 2022 Investment Banking

• Lincoln International (▲06) 99.6%
  • Jefferies & Company (▲11) 99.2%