Goldman Sachs CIMD HireVue 2021
Wanted to start a GS CIMD Hirevue thread since there is one for GS IB. Anyone get the Hirevue/know what the questions are? The Hirevues are reviewed by your school team, so posting is not going to be helping out your competition. If anyone has insight on previous Hirevue questions from previous years, that would be helpful for practice too!
bump
bump
I got my hirevue today. I applied to NYC, Dallas and SLC.
does yours say complete by July 19th as well?
Yes, mine does say that I have to complete it by 7/19. Do any of you know the questions it'll ask?
Someone please write the questions down and post them
Genuine q: what’s stopping people from creating 2 apps just to see the hirevue questions? It would save a lot of time I Guess
That might work for other banks like MS & JPM, but the Goldman Hirevue is pretty selective so you would have to put together a pretty good fake application. It's just a lot of extra work and if you can't do a simple Hirevue, you're fckd for the superday.
deleted
Got a question for anyone who did a hirevue. I applied CIMD for New York, Chicago, and SLC, and completed my hirevue on Saturday. However, on my application center, under my New York application it says "Current status is Selected for HireVue Interview," but under my Chicago app is says "Current status is Hirevue Completed." Anyone else have this? Is it possible for my hirevue to only have been submitted to one location?
I have the same thing for NYC, and Dallas says complete.
Weird. Do you think we need to do anything or ask someone?
mine is the same. I applied nyc ibd and cimd, I only got an email from IBD recruiter. When I did my hirevue, I had 1 question for IBD and 1 question for CIMD after my behavior questions. My IBD app says "hirevue completed" my CIMD app says "selected for hirevue"
So have hirevues for SLC already gone out?
Is CIMD still considered prestigious? Obviously it’s different from ib, but opinions on career path mobility/ exit ops?
Yeah, it deff is. There are some really elite groups within the CIMD, and if you could land in one, then I think you could have a whole lot of optionality. That being said, fuck what other people think about your job and whether or not it's prestigious
Like what groups??
I feel like NYC apps received Hirevue ealier, I applied to CIMD in Dallas July 1 and haven't heard anything back. Anyone applied to Marcus?
I think so too latemover I heard early Fall for Dallas CIMD
Superday early August for Dallas?
Anyone get a CIMD superday? Apparently IBD superdays are out. I haven’t gotten anything but wanted to see if anyone else has heard back
Not Yet
did you get a Hirevue already?
I got a hirevue for Boston Cimd. Haven’t heard back yet after completing
Anyone Philly CIMD?
Did anyone here get a superday yet? I completed a Hirevue for NYC and LA.
no
Is this for SA or FT?
For SA
I have seen some people posting about getting SA offers for CIMD and Compliance this past week... Most of them have joined some insight programs before, is it possible that these folks were accelerated because GS already know them well before?
probably accelerated programs
Does anyone know if IBD and CIMD use the same HireVue? I completed an IBD one a little while back, my portal for CIMD says "Selected for Hirevue," but I haven't received any info about the CIMD HV, even though it's been 3+ business days since the portal status changed.
I think you only do one Hirevue and then at the end they ask specific questions for each division you applied to. Did you have a question at the end of your IBD Hirevue about CIMD?
Ahh, now that you mention it, I did have a CIMD question at the end of the IBD HV. Definitely threw me off for a second but it makes sense having a combined HV. I know IBD SD's went out last week, hopefully I hear on CIMD soon. Thanks!
My situation is the same. Did you get a Hirevue later? Or they just consider your previous one?
Mine still says "Application Received" for NYC. Does this mean I'm dinged?
I completed the Hirevue for CIMB a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know the turnaround on those and when we will hear back for Superdays?
How bad is it actually to apply late? Are HV and SD only given to those who apply ASAP?
not sure but just apply anyway, CIMD is for the most part not as competitive as IB or S&T
Why is that? Are there less spots or lower return rate? Or is it lower paying than both?
just applied
Has anyone heard back from Houston yet?
Anyone know how long we have to answer each HV question, and how many questions there are? Just want to know so I can prepare accordingly.
If i remember correctly its like 15- 30 seconds to prepare and then maybe a 1:30 to answer
For me it was 45 seconds and 2 minutes to answer. There are about 3-4 sub questions for each one except walk me through your resume.
Were you guys satisfied with your answers? I feel like under pressure I start off pretty well and then sometime in the middle will say something really stupid and simple/obvious.
Anyone else get the location preference selection email? It says that they want to confirm my location preference by monday the 3rd so they can review my hirevues. Anyone else?
Not sure they just sent my HV out on Friday saying get it done by the 3rd. Anyone have advice and do i need to have a good stock pitch down?
Lol I highly doubt it, there's too much variance to adequately assess that.
Should I email HR and let them know that I want to accelerate because I have another offer? I applied to Dallas CIMD and from my knowledge, don't expect to hear back until at least Sept :/
Yeah might as well
Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly does "accelerating" mean/entail?
Exactly what it sounds like. You have an exploding offer and can't be considered on a normal timeline. Some companies are willing to accelerate while others aren't.
I just got SD invitation
Congrats. What location?
LA
When did you complete HV?
was due 7/19
Also got an SD invitation for LA. Good luck!!!
I also got SD for NYC CIMD
congrats! did u get it today or yesterday?
bump I haven't heard from NYC
That’s probably cap
Rip did anyone else get a superday for CIMD?
.
what location?
Do SDs typically happen in rounds/waves or is it just once?
what technical prep is recommended for CIMD
bump
did anyone's application status change from HireVue completed to Interviews completed?
yeah mine did yesterday, starting to feel like its a ding haha but not sure
I hope not haha why wouldn't it just stay at HireVue completed
My portal says status is additional interviews but I havent gotten an email yet. What does this mean?
Same! It means SD
Did you get a Superday yet because i havent?
Anyone get a SD from SF CIMD? My status changed to "Interview Completed" as well so kind of worried :/
Mine still says current status is selected for hirevue even though I completed it. Anyone else in this boat?
mine says completed hirevue, but don't know if thats any good
Did anyone receive cimd Superdays for nyc ?
no
no
does your portal say hirevue completed?
Thats what mine says
I did
yes
How soon after you applied did you guys get your hirevues? Applied a few days ago, hopefully it isn't too late.
I applied July 1, completed the superday around mid-Julyish and got the SD invite yesterday
Can you say what location? I'm wondering if the NYC SD offers have gone out yet.
Congrats man and thanks. Praying it isn’t too late
How was your super day interview?
My status got updated (Dallas location), it now says ”current status is interview scheduled” “we look forward to seeing you in your upcoming interview. If you have any questions in the meantime, please check booked interviews” did anyone else get this message??? What does this mean?
you are in PWM or Marcus?
I am not sure. All it says is CIMD Summer Analyst
Mine says I’m invited for HireVue, but I did the HireVue already. So weird
Mine says that too. What locations did you apply for?
:) What did you end up getting? Were you invited to attend a superday?
.
Zoom?
Has anyone with superday gotten the email with meeting details?
For which one? Thursday?
Yes
So have hirevues for SLC already gone out?
I got the hirevue end of July and submit by Aug. 2nd. No response on SD. Anyone heard back from SLC SD?
Anyone hear anything from Boston?
Anyone hear anything fom Miami?
Mine still says application received
Completed hirevue about a week ago. Diversity, non-target.
Has anyone gotten zoom details for Thursday’s SD?
Does the "additional interviews" update mean SD? It says a recruiter will reach out to me with more details but I haven't received any info?
Multiple friends of mine were in that situation and then it turned back to Hirevues completed. For SD you should have received an email
mine also says that. I reached out to a recruiter and she said there is no additional activity at this time so I should just stay put...???
My friend got superday a week after that
Just received hirevue from NYC CIMD anyone else? Also should I have a market story prepared, stock pitch?
no everything was behavioral one question was about why cimd. I think those are super day questions don't worry about it right now. Focus more on the general questions like resume review and situational behavioral stuff
How long ago did you apply before you got your hirevue?
For those who had their superday yesterday, has anyone received an offer?
What office?
Cimd
I haven't yet, no idea how long it'll take
Probably before the week runs out
AIMS
What office location?
NY
is AIMS in GSAM?
Yes, it is
Did anyone get cimd nyc Superdays?
Yes, this past Tuesday
Lol great, fml
At what time yours today?
did anyone hear back from aims yet? also interviewed
Also waiting, kind of on edge cause I have no idea how long its supposed to take lol
Nope. Thought the timeline for offers is supposed to be within 24-48 hours....
My SD with PWM is next week, can someone tell me how it went? This is my first SD
Anyone applying to CIMD dallas has their portal's status changed? Mine is still Application received
I have an SD for Dallas. The other locations I applied to say the same as your so I’m assuming that means no SD
How was your superday? Was the questions tough?
Did anyone get cimd pwm nyc superdays?
yes
Anyone apply to LA office and heard back from hirevue?
Have superdays gone out for nyc?
yeah for at least some divisions
what were the questions?
Does anyone know if you get an offer, how many days you have to accept?
I have no idea but probably a couple of days and if you really need more time to think about it you can be honest and try to get an extension
I think 2 weeks is pretty standard?
Anyone know SD conversion rates? Also is SD virtual for everyone this cycle or is it just me?
SD is virtual for everyone this round, I heard it from a recent info session
Aut odio officia asperiores velit sed aspernatur aut. Natus ipsam architecto aut harum voluptas.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Explicabo totam itaque doloribus perspiciatis reprehenderit. Et dicta sunt in qui et quia nihil. Numquam animi saepe dolorem laboriosam consequatur. Quia delectus corporis aut voluptas alias est dicta. Illo aut ratione est consectetur ut. Perspiciatis natus recusandae magni ipsa ea iure. Minus porro non placeat maiores nemo nihil cum.
Eum recusandae aut quo voluptas rem ipsam consequatur. Autem beatae aspernatur rerum. Molestiae mollitia commodi sint tempora deserunt. Facere non in consequatur quia.
Non minus quas dolores illo. At architecto eius totam tempora omnis non quibusdam. Expedita id eos rerum quia id. Sapiente tenetur eaque quas ut quisquam. Tempore iure consequatur illo minima voluptas autem. Facere quaerat dolore quis sapiente neque aut doloribus. Est dolore magnam dolorum excepturi.
Placeat libero consequatur impedit provident ut ab. Harum consectetur enim ratione. Vitae non occaecati aut eius quod voluptatibus ea. Quis optio corrupti dolorem quibusdam. Et et consequatur quae non.
Dignissimos tenetur molestias sit beatae maiores exercitationem. Aut cumque dolorum laborum error labore error. Vitae totam praesentium voluptatem blanditiis sunt laudantium. Et pariatur asperiores non eaque et beatae quidem. Nesciunt qui perferendis laboriosam quo.
Cumque accusantium in molestiae perferendis aut nihil. Maxime quia suscipit corporis et facere illum maiores. Quia nulla debitis tempora non incidunt voluptatem distinctio quam.
Et blanditiis quis nemo ipsa earum aut cupiditate. Expedita eum qui asperiores rerum temporibus ea molestiae laborum.
Rem qui facere et. Consectetur qui in dignissimos maiores voluptas dolorum aut. Aperiam velit nulla fugit eos. Quis dolore et rem odio qui explicabo delectus. Et possimus beatae fugiat qui consequuntur quisquam.
Voluptates quam ad ut ullam sit. Et distinctio vitae possimus facere quia rem. Porro neque ut sunt labore aut. Mollitia atque hic et velit laudantium id a. Nam distinctio assumenda vel porro vitae.
Sed est aut omnis eligendi. Omnis nostrum cumque qui blanditiis et et et. Voluptas corporis quis ex reiciendis dolorum exercitationem.
Dolorem corporis voluptatem nam ad laborum officia. Facilis sequi velit consequatur nemo. Quasi esse quod et est aliquid rerum minus excepturi. Omnis ex nobis labore qui dolor.
Ea suscipit et mollitia harum aliquid quo aut. Nesciunt maiores doloremque esse atque. Est consectetur voluptatibus inventore dolorem minus minima qui. Quis dolore quibusdam consequatur et atque facere labore praesentium.
Ex vel et asperiores voluptas. Provident nihil possimus consequatur quia odit doloribus quas non. Quo dignissimos reiciendis consequatur sequi qui et laudantium nesciunt. Et iste eligendi qui vel quo dolorum sit.
Adipisci quasi enim sapiente aut. Et iste reprehenderit illo unde rerum vel aliquam. Dolorem voluptas enim cumque voluptatem dolorum porro praesentium. Tempora natus nisi sed qui beatae maiores laudantium. Eos perspiciatis impedit in aut sed eos veniam.
Sed blanditiis explicabo consequatur cumque eaque. Qui eum quas sapiente ab optio voluptas aperiam. Deserunt quibusdam voluptates eum dolore.
Dignissimos modi voluptatum voluptates dolorem. Molestiae explicabo nam eum odit est repellat. Autem rerum nesciunt consequatur. Molestiae neque ullam exercitationem consequatur ratione minima.
Quo cumque voluptas voluptatem aut blanditiis. Labore et earum quas eos autem cum aspernatur. Sit nam molestias quo cumque optio similique omnis.
Laudantium aliquid placeat dolore atque. Voluptate quis nihil amet sint est aliquam et. Numquam quisquam tempora porro cumque sequi ab culpa. Aspernatur libero necessitatibus et.
Est qui quibusdam quos voluptatem fugiat cumque. Quia aut veniam qui asperiores. Repellendus sint nostrum quisquam aspernatur. Quidem dolore ut debitis quidem aut. Rerum beatae inventore voluptas facere a dolorem. Laborum sint quisquam id asperiores ut fuga.