2022 Goldman Sachs Fast Track Invitation - IBD SA

Wanted to know if this meant anything since it is only an invitation to apply. Just got this email today (was sent by an HR recruiter) and they are asking me to submit the app by today. 

Hello, 

We have enjoyed meeting you this spring and are impressed by your accomplishments and enthusiasm for career opportunities at Goldman Sachs.  We think you would be a great candidate for the 2022 Investment Banking – Classic New York Summer Analyst Internship. If you are interested in this opportunity, we invite you to apply for our Fast Track process and participate in our April 28 interview day.  Please apply by April 15 by 11:59pm ET and complete this survey.  Additional details will follow regarding specific interview times for April 28.

Please note this invitation is being extended to you on behalf of the Investment Banking Division for the New York IBD Classic Summer Analyst Internship only.  If you choose not to opt into this process, we encourage you to consider Goldman Sachs for summer 2022 opportunities starting July 1.  

If you are interested in this opportunity please follow the application instructions below. 

It means you will get an early interview process. Were you part of the diversity summits earlier this year? From my understanding, they only gave these invitations to diversity summit people but I may be wrong.

My friend (diversity, HYP, very qualified) did this last year right around this time. Got an offer for this upcoming summer & accepted it. I strongly encourage you to go with it. Very high offer rate from this super. & yes, it's just for diversity candidates, but not only for those who did diversity summits & events. 

Goldman Sachs SA HireVue | Wall Street Oasis

Your very first post - they grow up so fast :')

Congrats man. It's not easy to get this superday (I got it last year - they're EXTREMELY selective about who gets into the process).

Be prepared for very basic technicals, focus MUCH more on your behaviorals. Show a strong passion for the firm and the job. It's not a hard interview but they will definitely smell through any ingenuine BS, so you need to make sure you understand the firm and the culture.  

Keep us posted on whether you get the offer!

Thanks for the insight! Can you elaborate on "any ingenuine BS"?

Congrats, heard its very selective. Do you mind posting your stats?

Hi, congrats!! I got the EP track as well. If anyone has specific advice regarding behaviorals and techs, that would be much appreciated! I am so nervous and Superday on 27th for NYC IBD Classic

Nothing. Anxiously waiting - but note hopeful - don't think I shined. The interviews were very relaxed - just conversations which I thought odd.
They did say by end of next week - but then again on forums they say also that those who got in get calls within a day or two.

Funny - I looked at a thread from last year accelerated IBD super day at GS - and apparently they took very little from this sd. It's nearly like this accelerated was like test - according to this old thread the person went to a school that normally had 5-6 people go to GS and 5 got a fast track invitation to a SD and ZERO got offers. In other words, don't get excited thinking we are at any advantage or better positioned because we got a fast track invitation.....not good

I was part of the accelerated super days from last year. Heard about my offer for classic on a Friday which was two days after super. Give it till the end of the week

I have my superday tomorrow for classical division. Any advice?

Was the superday focused on technicals or behavioral questions?

Any one get an email from Recruiter saying apps open July 1st and to apply by July 4th. Cause really confused because they are open now... Should I then wait to apply until July or apply now? Any advice would be amazing

Haven't heard back yet either -- I think they are calling us tomorrow

the recruiter told me the same, but there's a bit of me that hopes they tell us tonight

Most Helpful

For next year's applicants. The interviews are mainly behavioral (super easy but be prepared to talk about your resume at length), with some market questions. Definitely prepare transactions, why GS. Also, you place directly into coverage groups so it's VERY IMPORTANT for you to know at least one person in your preferred group who can put in a good word for you. One more thing. There will be a survey before your super where you'll have to rank your preferred groups. Rank three (not more or less). If HR tells you to be flexible and not rank groups–DISREGARD this advice. Goldman's HR is incompetent. Hope this helps!

Love the idea to provide advice for next year! I agree with you about ranking your groups ahead of time against the advice of HCM but only if you really have a strong preference (I didn’t personally). I was not expecting them to place into groups on offer and landed in an unexpected group (but one I’m very happy with). 
My interviews were about 50/50 technical and behavioral, with at least one technical per round. Be ready to elaborate and dive further on all questions as OP said. I was actually not asked any market or transaction questions personally, and was never asked why IB or why GS in any round (though of course I was prepared to answer if they had). All technicals I was asked were basic though numerous.  Strong emphasis on picking apart your resume and responses and asking questions that speak to fit. Don’t bullshit. I pickled a few *values* ahead of time that I wanted them to associate with me/my resume and tailored behavioral responses and hypotheticals with these in mind. Good luck future applicants! 

Vero eius a voluptatem libero quia ipsam nobis. Odit ex nobis magnam voluptatum iure. Minus et reiciendis magni iusto labore sint sunt. Nulla tempora voluptatem id fugit sed saepe distinctio.

Molestiae laudantium rerum vel debitis. Eveniet vel minima ea necessitatibus quis dolorum aut.

Veritatis sit quis voluptas enim accusamus adipisci. Nemo ut et sequi porro nemo.

Dolores magnam sit dignissimos suscipit laboriosam magnam dolorem. Sequi facilis ut voluptas aut. Quis illum ipsam aliquid quo illo tempore. Incidunt in aliquid quam hic nisi est impedit.

Et harum et facilis qui ipsam. Amet numquam et veritatis id. Iure et aut aliquid ea eos necessitatibus non aut. Magni tenetur ratione ut excepturi porro maiores consequatur. Magni quidem porro voluptas delectus nam perspiciatis. Itaque consequuntur consectetur voluptatem culpa ea ea. Optio at quas quae expedita.

Pariatur molestiae qui qui maxime voluptate ullam optio. Dolores soluta aut soluta accusantium culpa incidunt aut consequuntur. Et itaque ut adipisci et quod nihil accusantium eligendi. Et ut aperiam dicta qui fuga accusamus. Blanditiis corporis occaecati nam iste quas at eum. Nobis ullam in iure culpa veritatis cupiditate.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”