2022 Goldman Sachs Fast Track Invitation - IBD SA

Wanted to know if this meant anything since it is only an invitation to apply. Just got this email today (was sent by an HR recruiter) and they are asking me to submit the app by today. 

Hello, 

We have enjoyed meeting you this spring and are impressed by your accomplishments and enthusiasm for career opportunities at Goldman Sachs.  We think you would be a great candidate for the 2022 Investment Banking – Classic New York Summer Analyst Internship. If you are interested in this opportunity, we invite you to apply for our Fast Track process and participate in our April 28 interview day.  Please apply by April 15 by 11:59pm ET and complete this survey.  Additional details will follow regarding specific interview times for April 28.

Please note this invitation is being extended to you on behalf of the Investment Banking Division for the New York IBD Classic Summer Analyst Internship only.  If you choose not to opt into this process, we encourage you to consider Goldman Sachs for summer 2022 opportunities starting July 1.  

If you are interested in this opportunity please follow the application instructions below. 

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (159)

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 15, 2021 - 3:58pm

It means you will get an early interview process. Were you part of the diversity summits earlier this year? From my understanding, they only gave these invitations to diversity summit people but I may be wrong.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 15, 2021 - 5:11pm

My friend (diversity, HYP, very qualified) did this last year right around this time. Got an offer for this upcoming summer & accepted it. I strongly encourage you to go with it. Very high offer rate from this super. & yes, it's just for diversity candidates, but not only for those who did diversity summits & events. 

• Intern in IB-M&A
Apr 15, 2021 - 7:13pm

Goldman Sachs SA HireVue | Wall Street Oasis

Your very first post - they grow up so fast :')

Congrats man. It's not easy to get this superday (I got it last year - they're EXTREMELY selective about who gets into the process).

Be prepared for very basic technicals, focus MUCH more on your behaviorals. Show a strong passion for the firm and the job. It's not a hard interview but they will definitely smell through any ingenuine BS, so you need to make sure you understand the firm and the culture.  

Keep us posted on whether you get the offer!

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Apr 24, 2021 - 5:09pm

Thanks for the insight! Can you elaborate on "any ingenuine BS"?

Apr 19, 2021 - 4:25pm

Hi, congrats!! I got the EP track as well. If anyone has specific advice regarding behaviorals and techs, that would be much appreciated! I am so nervous and Superday on 27th for NYC IBD Classic

Apr 21, 2021 - 12:33pm

Nothing. Anxiously waiting - but note hopeful - don't think I shined. The interviews were very relaxed - just conversations which I thought odd.
They did say by end of next week - but then again on forums they say also that those who got in get calls within a day or two.

Apr 21, 2021 - 2:33pm

Funny - I looked at a thread from last year accelerated IBD super day at GS - and apparently they took very little from this sd. It's nearly like this accelerated was like test - according to this old thread the person went to a school that normally had 5-6 people go to GS and 5 got a fast track invitation to a SD and ZERO got offers. In other words, don't get excited thinking we are at any advantage or better positioned because we got a fast track invitation.....not good

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 22, 2021 - 2:12am

I was part of the accelerated super days from last year. Heard about my offer for classic on a Friday which was two days after super. Give it till the end of the week

Apr 28, 2021 - 7:26pm

Any one get an email from Recruiter saying apps open July 1st and to apply by July 4th. Cause really confused because they are open now... Should I then wait to apply until July or apply now? Any advice would be amazing

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Apr 29, 2021 - 11:14am

Did anyone interview Merchant Banking Division? I am also waiting on that and the super-day was the 27th.

Apr 29, 2021 - 3:44pm

No, I heard that the interviewers make their decision sometime today. Now, we are patient. We could hear back as early as tonight or tomorrow. I think they just have a process/timeline so I hope this info is somewhat comforting. I am sure you did great!!!

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 30, 2021 - 2:36pm

they called me this morning! they are slowly calling and providing offers since last night 

• Intern in Research - Other
May 3, 2021 - 7:15pm

Has anyone heard back from Global Markets?

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 9, 2021 - 10:44pm

@paulo_dybala did you get a GS offer? You don't have to mention the group if so (don't doxx yourself). I'm just curious because you've been gunning for them for a year 

Most Helpful
  • Prospect in IB - Cov
May 25, 2021 - 11:25pm

For next year's applicants. The interviews are mainly behavioral (super easy but be prepared to talk about your resume at length), with some market questions. Definitely prepare transactions, why GS. Also, you place directly into coverage groups so it's VERY IMPORTANT for you to know at least one person in your preferred group who can put in a good word for you. One more thing. There will be a survey before your super where you'll have to rank your preferred groups. Rank three (not more or less). If HR tells you to be flexible and not rank groups–DISREGARD this advice. Goldman's HR is incompetent. Hope this helps!

• Intern in IB - Gen
May 25, 2021 - 11:47pm

Love the idea to provide advice for next year! I agree with you about ranking your groups ahead of time against the advice of HCM but only if you really have a strong preference (I didn't personally). I was not expecting them to place into groups on offer and landed in an unexpected group (but one I'm very happy with). 
My interviews were about 50/50 technical and behavioral, with at least one technical per round. Be ready to elaborate and dive further on all questions as OP said. I was actually not asked any market or transaction questions personally, and was never asked why IB or why GS in any round (though of course I was prepared to answer if they had). All technicals I was asked were basic though numerous.  Strong emphasis on picking apart your resume and responses and asking questions that speak to fit. Don't bullshit. I pickled a few *values* ahead of time that I wanted them to associate with me/my resume and tailored behavioral responses and hypotheticals with these in mind. Good luck future applicants! 

• Prospect in IB - Cov
May 25, 2021 - 11:53pm

This is an interesting data point. Thanks for sharing! I did not get an offer (I will be joining JPM IBD next summer), but stayed in touch w 2 of my interviewers (I had 5 total) who told me that I was hugely disadvantaged by not selecting a group. I am, of course, wary of blaming the lack of group preference for my failure to secure an offer from GS (performance matters hugely and I may not have done my best on that front) but this is just one piece of feedback I received from my interviewers, who were very complimentary otherwise. 

• Intern in IB - Gen
May 26, 2021 - 9:53am

Quo sapiente est pariatur. Nemo qui id dolorem aut. Minus fugiat perferendis similique aliquid repellat doloribus. Eveniet est accusamus quo impedit quia.

Inventore et sunt maiores. Dolor quia culpa qui voluptatem consequatur sit. Eum rem vel accusantium eligendi cumque. Dolores vitae dolorem temporibus. Ad temporibus quia maxime velit beatae minus autem. Enim id quo quos iure rerum minima.

Ut doloribus necessitatibus voluptate molestiae optio. Enim non sit ex pariatur harum reiciendis dolor ut. Enim aut recusandae quisquam quo optio ut. Similique est aliquam maxime esse eveniet rem. Ad nihil maiores maiores recusandae. Repellat recusandae mollitia illo ipsum voluptatem distinctio quaerat.

• Prospect in IB - Cov
May 26, 2021 - 11:01am

Nisi est nam corrupti qui enim ut molestiae. Nam distinctio alias et dolores sit. Cumque et voluptates repellat. Et eaque nam magni autem exercitationem quia. Illo rem aut quas sapiente quia et.

Velit ipsam adipisci eius corporis. Fugit sit dolores fugiat quis dolorem. In sit ut sint quaerat facere. Reiciendis occaecati sunt ipsam quaerat ut ipsum magnam.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 27, 2021 - 4:46pm

Quia labore et quisquam assumenda a. Ut tenetur reprehenderit iusto magni. Fugit quis aut quia architecto odio maiores velit.

Eius voluptas ipsum architecto eos. Ut sint esse ullam et. Minima mollitia at enim iusto. Aliquid rem ex et et ut. Est commodi voluptatem alias repudiandae velit optio et magni.

Enim et sed nostrum molestiae beatae. Aperiam iure aspernatur natus ut. Quo ut a error dolor ducimus porro. Assumenda rem nemo cumque omnis. Architecto molestiae hic odit ut quae harum.

Exercitationem voluptatem aut et et. Deleniti harum et architecto voluptas illo sunt laudantium. Ratione voluptate et soluta eaque aut. Incidunt aut quas in porro.

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 29, 2021 - 11:59am

Enim non iusto magnam explicabo. Quia debitis id et magnam accusamus. Provident consequuntur esse occaecati quis optio odio.

Consequatur quaerat et voluptatibus laborum distinctio quia in. Aut perferendis eligendi enim provident ullam non. Voluptatem eos vitae laudantium ex non. Saepe quod assumenda repellendus sequi.

Et officia cumque iure magnam voluptatem eaque dolores. Consequatur qui officiis et. Id quia nihil est quis inventore. Cupiditate eum eius repudiandae est nostrum. Nihil rerum ratione ratione quo exercitationem neque. Consequatur libero id fugit nulla in.

Animi sed iusto corporis est vero. Eaque qui explicabo quae libero laborum ut voluptatem. Qui sint dicta itaque sapiente.

• Intern in IB - Gen
May 29, 2021 - 5:55pm

Cupiditate aut et quibusdam hic. Quisquam harum sunt perferendis. Aut sapiente dolor incidunt odit. Dolor impedit non quo error est ab. Alias voluptas sit voluptatibus dolorem iure rerum temporibus. Et totam eos quidem.

Rerum qui velit quod quae molestiae. Et ipsa perspiciatis dolor atque. Odit quae ex dolores veritatis sed fugiat quos. Deserunt quasi sapiente deleniti commodi.

Modi sit molestiae est voluptas eius voluptatem. Nihil sit magnam dicta repellat sed quis quas.

Saepe ut dolor itaque. Similique deserunt hic repellendus. Et molestiae quam quas rerum distinctio. Quia aut rem iure laboriosam inventore. Et ea neque non aperiam id voluptas ullam.

• Intern in IB-M&A
May 30, 2021 - 1:47pm

Possimus id labore officia dolor placeat. Nulla veniam quisquam eveniet velit. Ipsa consequatur maiores blanditiis dolor. Quis pariatur voluptatem ut iusto reprehenderit aliquam. Illum ut et rerum omnis dolor.

Sed voluptatem quis eos sunt enim nisi eum. Natus repellendus et aut. Et cum quidem a iste quia temporibus eius qui. Aut dicta commodi adipisci consectetur eos voluptas. Quasi eum ut quia exercitationem suscipit voluptatem quasi. Molestiae voluptates eos voluptas sunt tempore.

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Oncycle is a fucking joke
+188PEby Analyst 2 in IB - Cov
Dating smart girls
+141OFFby Analyst 2 in Consulting
How often do you get "matches" on apps?
+134OFFby Associate 1 in AM - Other
I want to quit already…
+113IBby Analyst 1 in IB - Cov
Have you ever sued your employer?
+95PEby Principal in PE - Other