Goldman Sachs CIMD HireVue 2021

Wanted to start a GS CIMD Hirevue thread since there is one for GS IB. Anyone get the Hirevue/know what the questions are? The Hirevues are reviewed by your school team, so posting is not going to be helping out your competition. If anyone has insight on previous Hirevue questions from previous years, that would be helpful for practice too!

434 Comments
 

Genuine q: what’s stopping people from creating 2 apps just to see the hirevue questions? It would save a lot of time I Guess

 

Got a question for anyone who did a hirevue. I applied CIMD for New York, Chicago, and SLC, and completed my hirevue on Saturday. However, on my application center, under my New York application it says "Current status is Selected for HireVue Interview," but under my Chicago app is says "Current status is Hirevue Completed." Anyone else have this? Is it possible for my hirevue to only have been submitted to one location?

 

mine is the same. I applied nyc ibd and cimd, I only got an email from IBD recruiter. When I did my hirevue, I had 1 question for IBD and 1 question for CIMD after my behavior questions. My IBD app says "hirevue completed" my CIMD app says "selected for hirevue"

 
Most Helpful

Yeah, it deff is. There are some really elite groups within the CIMD, and if you could land in one, then I think you could have a whole lot of optionality. That being said, fuck what other people think about your job and whether or not it's prestigious

 

I feel like NYC apps received Hirevue ealier, I applied to CIMD in Dallas July 1 and haven't heard anything back. Anyone applied to Marcus?

 

Anyone get a CIMD superday? Apparently IBD superdays are out. I haven’t gotten anything but wanted to see if anyone else has heard back

 

I have seen some people posting about getting SA offers for CIMD and Compliance this past week... Most of them have joined some insight programs before, is it possible that these folks were accelerated because GS already know them well before?

 

Does anyone know if IBD and CIMD use the same HireVue? I completed an IBD one a little while back, my portal for CIMD says "Selected for Hirevue," but I haven't received any info about the CIMD HV, even though it's been 3+ business days since the portal status changed.

 

I think you only do one Hirevue and then at the end they ask specific questions for each division you applied to. Did you have a question at the end of your IBD Hirevue about CIMD?

 

Ahh, now that you mention it, I did have a CIMD question at the end of the IBD HV. Definitely threw me off for a second but it makes sense having a combined HV. I know IBD SD's went out last week, hopefully I hear on CIMD soon. Thanks!

 

Anyone else get the location preference selection email? It says that they want to confirm my location preference by monday the 3rd so they can review my hirevues. Anyone else?

 

My status got updated (Dallas location), it now says ”current status is interview scheduled” “we look forward to seeing you in your upcoming interview. If you have any questions in the meantime, please check booked interviews” did anyone else get this message??? What does this mean?

 

mine also says that. I reached out to a recruiter and she said there is no additional activity at this time so I should just stay put...???

 

Also waiting, kind of on edge cause I have no idea how long its supposed to take lol

 

Adipisci ad ut et voluptates veniam. Sit atque fugiat ut modi illo. Id exercitationem aut itaque expedita. Placeat animi repellendus eum inventore qui cumque iste. Praesentium fugit beatae aperiam voluptatem. Culpa facilis harum aut consequatur enim. Aperiam recusandae enim ea aut.

Soluta reiciendis quis pariatur minima. Id quo libero aut aspernatur in vitae et. Est ea eos ipsum ullam magni. Enim quod perferendis sit eius. Distinctio tempore cumque aut placeat quisquam doloremque fuga. In corporis consequatur assumenda et autem maiores veritatis. Ut voluptas non sit animi fuga occaecati dolore.

 

Enim eos natus et enim velit nobis. Temporibus vero expedita explicabo. Possimus ut ut eaque explicabo. Pariatur voluptatem sunt deleniti consequatur in ad maiores cumque.

Qui enim ipsam suscipit numquam quam sit suscipit minima. Architecto earum temporibus architecto similique explicabo.

Eligendi odit eos voluptatem. Qui nobis provident consectetur dicta. Praesentium delectus quae harum saepe velit doloribus. Dolor repellendus veniam quasi ea aliquid.

 

Non eius tempore distinctio voluptates numquam. Aut doloremque molestiae eveniet autem ducimus sint dicta. Optio ea dolores totam et nesciunt ullam dolores. Omnis iste animi sunt voluptates. Cumque tempora dolorem voluptatibus corrupti. Excepturi nesciunt sunt culpa est deserunt nemo adipisci magnam. Quis eligendi tenetur cumque eum sed perspiciatis.

 

In et quis quia veritatis et. Velit expedita vel vero voluptatem aut voluptate non. Vero id qui quia ea. Porro nesciunt vero odio delectus corrupti.

Aut asperiores deleniti vitae ratione sapiente modi expedita. Dolores officia ducimus aut rerum repudiandae placeat. Fuga laudantium alias voluptas fugit.

Expedita illum unde suscipit natus et ut. Provident ad blanditiis nesciunt libero doloribus itaque ullam.

Et quidem laborum velit quod. Eum numquam maxime odio nam. Sit dignissimos dolor voluptas itaque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”