Goldman Sachs CIMD HireVue 2021

Wanted to start a GS CIMD Hirevue thread since there is one for GS IB. Anyone get the Hirevue/know what the questions are? The Hirevues are reviewed by your school team, so posting is not going to be helping out your competition. If anyone has insight on previous Hirevue questions from previous years, that would be helpful for practice too!

Hedge Fund Interview Course

• 814 questions across 165 hedge funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
  • 11 Detailed Sample Pitches and 10+ hours of video.
  • Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring hedge fund professionals just like you.

Comments (433)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Intern in Other
Jul 19, 2020 - 12:45pm

Genuine q: what's stopping people from creating 2 apps just to see the hirevue questions? It would save a lot of time I Guess

Jul 19, 2020 - 1:06pm

That might work for other banks like MS & JPM, but the Goldman Hirevue is pretty selective so you would have to put together a pretty good fake application. It's just a lot of extra work and if you can't do a simple Hirevue, you're fckd for the superday.

Jul 20, 2020 - 2:02am

Got a question for anyone who did a hirevue. I applied CIMD for New York, Chicago, and SLC, and completed my hirevue on Saturday. However, on my application center, under my New York application it says "Current status is Selected for HireVue Interview," but under my Chicago app is says "Current status is Hirevue Completed." Anyone else have this? Is it possible for my hirevue to only have been submitted to one location?

Jul 20, 2020 - 9:55am

Yeah, it deff is. There are some really elite groups within the CIMD, and if you could land in one, then I think you could have a whole lot of optionality. That being said, fuck what other people think about your job and whether or not it's prestigious

• Intern in PE - Other
Jul 22, 2020 - 2:23pm

I think so too latemover I heard early Fall for Dallas CIMD

• Prospect in S&T - Other
Jul 23, 2020 - 10:35pm

Anyone get a CIMD superday? Apparently IBD superdays are out. I haven't gotten anything but wanted to see if anyone else has heard back

Jul 27, 2020 - 10:42am

I have seen some people posting about getting SA offers for CIMD and Compliance this past week... Most of them have joined some insight programs before, is it possible that these folks were accelerated because GS already know them well before?

Jul 27, 2020 - 2:20pm

Does anyone know if IBD and CIMD use the same HireVue? I completed an IBD one a little while back, my portal for CIMD says "Selected for Hirevue," but I haven't received any info about the CIMD HV, even though it's been 3+ business days since the portal status changed.

Aug 3, 2020 - 2:07am

Were you guys satisfied with your answers? I feel like under pressure I start off pretty well and then sometime in the middle will say something really stupid and simple/obvious.

• Intern in IB - Ind
Aug 4, 2020 - 2:00pm

Exactly what it sounds like. You have an exploding offer and can't be considered on a normal timeline. Some companies are willing to accelerate while others aren't.

Aug 8, 2020 - 2:40am

My status got updated (Dallas location), it now says "current status is interview scheduled" "we look forward to seeing you in your upcoming interview. If you have any questions in the meantime, please check booked interviews" did anyone else get this message??? What does this mean?

Aug 15, 2020 - 6:18pm

I have no idea but probably a couple of days and if you really need more time to think about it you can be honest and try to get an extension

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

July 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (36) $363
  • Associates (209) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (120) $152
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (28) $146
  • Intern/Summer Associate (100) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (442) $133
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (357) $82