WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (205)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Jul 23, 2021 - 5:25pm

Let's see Paul Allen's card

Anyone get 3 separate emails for a hirevue but online only one application/location shows that your status is "received hirevue?"

Yepp lowkey kinda bummed thought it meant I had more

Jul 25, 2021 - 1:45pm

You get 1 try. 45 send to prep and 2 mins to respond. Questions are behavioral and situational. You get 1 'technical' question… could be more if you applied to another division. 'Technical' questions are barely technical, if you could even call it that. They were pretty easy in my opinion…like if you don't know this… you're going to have REAL problems on a SD.

• Intern in AM - Equities
Aug 3, 2021 - 3:35pm

Nah. Did Hirevue mid July. I dont believe I've been dinged but not sure how GS is working this year in terms of GMD recruiting.

Edit: Seems like no one has gotten a SD for GMD or AMD so maybe there is still hope.

Aug 8, 2021 - 6:36pm

I did a HV during the first wave of IBD but also applied to GMD. I haven't received another HV for GMD, but it says "Current status is HireVue Completed." Does this mean I am still in the running or no? I saw others got multiple HVs, but I have only received the one.

Aug 11, 2021 - 11:56am

Did network earlier this year and stayed in contact with her. Applied through GS website though. Am a female hispanic but have no accent and can't speak a lick of Spanish. Hireview Q's were easy so I was extremely confident but of course there's always doubt no matter how well you do.

Aug 16, 2021 - 10:55pm

Got a SD for Thursday. Stressed out of mind. Any advice?

Aug 18, 2021 - 12:58am

Can't say that yet…last year there were 3 rounds. They were on 8/18-19, 8/27-28, and 9/1-9/2.  This week is the first wave of SDs…still hopefully another 2 more coming.  Stay positive!

Aug 19, 2021 - 7:17pm

Super relaxed and conversational! The rooms moved super quick though I felt like 20 minutes almost wasn't enough. Each room I think the interviewer has one standard question they have to ask you (all behavioral) and the rest is just up to them. 

Aug 20, 2021 - 2:21pm

Had a really good interviews. They were really nice and all seemed like great people to work with. I appreciated the format / questions they used.

Aug 20, 2021 - 11:26pm

Just wanted to put this out there. If you were part of the Aug 19 SD. Congrats. Like its incredible to even get to the SD from GS so give your self a pat on the back. I know so many people on this page would kill for that type of opportunity. Enjoy the weekend and enjoy life a bit more. I hope as many people as possible will receive an offer. It was the first SD so I assume all spots are still open.

Best of luck and will update this on Monday with news. 

Aug 24, 2021 - 1:43pm

Got the verbal offer yesterday at 430pm EST from HR! SD on 8/19 - nontarget, nondiversity. Would love to connect with anyone that also got the offer, help anyone in the process, or share any advice

Aug 24, 2021 - 1:47pm

Continuing to wait. Looks like offers will be extended through Wednesday. The wait is killing me though. 

Aug 24, 2021 - 7:44pm

Dont know what to say. Really confused as GS handed offers the day of or next day. We are on Day 5 entering Day 6. Makes me want to bash my head against a rock. 

Also confused as no one seems to have received an offer today. Doesnt seem like the class has been fully compiled. Any thoughts? 

Aug 24, 2021 - 7:51pm

Agreed. Seems like a decent chunk of people have gotten offers yesterday although its hard to tell how many there have been outside of WSO too.

Sounds like we might hear back tomorrow but the way its been going so far who knows. Do you think its worth it to reach out to HR?

Aug 25, 2021 - 12:19am

Good luck everyone!

Last day for offers should probably be tomorrow.  Judging by last years thread there should be a second round of SDs next week, but they are probably trying to figure out how many offers to give out and how many spots are still left. 

Aug 25, 2021 - 9:22am

Just got denied. Pretty devastated as I thought it went well. Congrats to all who got in. 

Aug 25, 2021 - 9:03pm

Has anyone heard abt any other super days? I know someone above mentioned that last year there were 3 rounds (8/18-19, 8/27-28, and 9/1-9/2)... but it seems like they just sorted out results from last weeks SD ...

• Prospect in S&T - FI
Aug 30, 2021 - 2:11pm

yeah but it's for like almost three weeks from now so my take is that they are probably going to interview the candidates they really want in an earlier superday?

Aug 30, 2021 - 3:58pm

Congrats! Target? Diversity?  If you dont mind sharing?  Can you let us know the date the SSD is on? Thanks!

Maybe they are just doing 1 more SD and waiting for any candidates from the previous SD to decline their offers, so that they know the exact number of spots left and this final SD will make up their incoming class.  Makes sense to just do 1 more…if they already handed out a significant amount of offers.

Sep 12, 2021 - 3:02pm

Tenetur occaecati et quo nemo quis. Ex totam dolor est eum quaerat.

Ea voluptatem quos aperiam qui ad. Velit perspiciatis necessitatibus officia dolore ipsum cumque. Tenetur hic quis non est aut consequatur odit id. Voluptatem veniam dolor aliquid quo.

Sep 16, 2021 - 10:58pm

Sint blanditiis aut eos laboriosam natus consectetur. Praesentium alias consectetur debitis praesentium pariatur tempora.

Iusto pariatur sint laborum. Est ducimus et voluptates totam ea. Non sit mollitia eum a. Quia qui est tenetur harum voluptatum sunt. Quia illo perspiciatis nihil minima voluptatem in. Et quam nisi ut iure rem. Repellendus quidem enim consequatur.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Sep 17, 2021 - 9:33am

Sed minima explicabo at. Corrupti sint consequatur sed qui. Vel quaerat iure libero officia.

Consequatur exercitationem nulla est non atque porro enim. Voluptatem natus porro voluptatem hic. Repudiandae enim molestias libero temporibus accusamus aut non.

Atque occaecati pariatur qui perferendis in laborum sed tempora. Quam qui ut excepturi nulla unde. Eos sit officia ut qui eos laborum. Consequatur aut commodi odit voluptatem.

Sep 20, 2021 - 4:48pm

Eum natus occaecati nostrum magnam et dolores. Adipisci laboriosam eum suscipit distinctio voluptatem. Eum fugiat ab voluptas modi.

Repellendus non perspiciatis illum sint. Dolores ex labore voluptatem nihil quas repellendus. Excepturi at facere perspiciatis laboriosam ipsam iure earum.

Molestiae vel labore similique alias. Non qui aperiam officiis sit ratione officiis. Odit rerum sapiente quidem esse. Aspernatur quo dolor cumque id nihil. Ut enim repudiandae est sequi pariatur. Facilis omnis amet repellat.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (39) $363
  • Associates (220) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (135) $154
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (30) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (103) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (489) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (378) $82